Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Kon-El: Superboy Appreciation 2020

New year, new thread!

This thread is for the amazing Superboy/Kon-El!

Please read the rules regarding Appreciation threads at the top of the forum and appreciate away!
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Even in his more immature/insensitive days, he could be sweet. And try to chat up women. Of course, he had no idea of the full import. Loved this Kon and watching him grow.
    Kon Cat.jpg

He did this in front of his girlfriend, so he had a ways to go.
    Kon and women.jpg
    Last edited by Tzigone; 12-31-2019 at 07:13 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

DIG020301._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

His first cover just one issue after the first appearance

You have to admit, he grew by leaps and bounds even just during Reign of the Supermen.

I actually like the idea that it was the Newsboys that got him out before he could be programed. His own mind fighting back is a thing, but I like that they got him out, because they were always escaping.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Is this really how he got his shades? ^^

0935f60d31a7cb51c08ca6e995788210._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Man I really need a mini or something featuring my boy this year.

Was psyched to have him backat last but Bendis hasn't done anything of note with him (or really anyone in YJ), Reign of Supermen and that episode of Titans ended up being my favourite pieces of media feautring Conner last year.

Also can whoever writes this hypothetical mini be someone who's read or at least familiar with his orginal run, I would love an appearance of Roxy or Dubbilex or heck go for a real deep-cut and have a Ravers reunion.

Also I saw the previous thread got locked for what I assume was inactivity, the only thing I can think to post is fanart during dry spells but the majority of what I come across is TimxKon and I imagine that might be against forum rules.

Mighty Member

Hello,

I remember that once Kon El lifted a castle.

I think it was to save the castle from lava or so.

Do anyone knows more of it and remember if he did that really alone?

I know that he did that with TTK alone, so it would be his biggest strenght feat so far, even he did it before gaining Kryptonian Superpowers.

does someone know if this was better described in a book or was it suddenly?

I mean was there like a page where it was described, for example that the Kryptonian DNS has evolved etc.?
    Because before Kon El was scanned and he was HUMAN and not Half-Kryptonian, so I wonder if this change was ever described in a book.

I am not sure how to explain it, but I have questions:

a) He was first considered a HUMAN with META-HUMAN powers, who was designed to be as close to Superman as possible.
    Then he was displayed as Half-Human, Half-Kryptonian.
    My question is now:
    Was it ever explained how his body really works?

I mean he was designed to absorb sunlight like Superman does as he was created as Human.

Does this mean that he is half-human, but his human DNS is also so close to Superman that also his human DNA can absorb the sunlight?

I mean this would make him theoretically closer to Superman as Jonathan, who is really Half-Human, while Conners Human DNA was designed to be as close to Superman as possible...

b) Did he ever used TTK to push up his Kryptonian Powers?
    I mean Martian Manhunter can do that and NEW52 Superboy did that also.