Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Easy way is to put him in the t-shirt and jeans then give him the black leather jacket and some fingerless gloves.

Hard way is to meld his original 90s suit with the t-shirt and jeans, with some new 52 extras, but I've seen it done in fan art, many times over

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Easy way is to put him in the t-shirt and jeans then give him the black leather jacket and some fingerless gloves.

Hard way is to meld his original 90s suit with the t-shirt and jeans, with some new 52 extras, but I've seen it done in fan art, many times over
    IF he gets back to shirt look then use the NEW52 SUPERMAN Shirt (the blue one with the Fleischer S, the red on black background).
    It keeps the red S on black background, but its not so simplistic.

BUT! I was always a fan of the idea to use NEW52 Costume, BUT WITHOUT the light effects, so it looks like NIGHTWINGS COSTUME but for a SUPER-CHARACTER.

OR use the Superman Costume without cape and color it black and red..

Seeing as though Bendis has 2 superboy around at the same time, and Conner seems to be a lot more vanilla then he has ever been in the past, I think they need to use the things he has different than kon, like being a clone, being part lex, using his TTK(which I miss a great deal).

Ultimate Member

Seeing as though Bendis has 2 superboy around at the same time, and Conner seems to be a lot more vanilla then he has ever been in the past, I think they need to use the things he has different than kon, like being a clone, being part lex, using his TTK(which I miss a great deal).
    I do wish they'd focus on that more, to highlight how he's not just 'Superman-lite,' but has his own unique stuff going on, perhaps showing him grab someone to extend his TK around them and shield them from an explosion, or even 'transmit' or 'conduct' his TK through *another person,* such as grabbing Tim's shoulder and letting Tim appear to lift something heavy, and creating the illusion that Tim has super-strength, as part of a fake-out. "All humans are this strong? Cancel the invasion!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I do wish they'd focus on that more, to highlight how he's not just 'Superman-lite,' but has his own unique stuff going on, perhaps showing him grab someone to extend his TK around them and shield them from an explosion, or even 'transmit' or 'conduct' his TK through *another person,* such as grabbing Tim's shoulder and letting Tim appear to lift something heavy, and creating the illusion that Tim has super-strength, as part of a fake-out. "All humans are this strong? Cancel the invasion!"

Yep that's some good ideas. His TTK should always be apart of his powerset, I can't believe they would get rid of such a fun and unique power. Using TTK would give him a edge and open the door to so many cool scenes.

He should have some form of relationship with lex, either watching him like a hawk, wanting to take over the fily business, or just wanting to know how his mind works.

Being a clone also opens the door to stories from where he was created, remember how much mileage we got out of Cadmus, plus his life perspective would be seriously different than others.

Play up the "cool" SUPER, either by just making him cooler,more willing to bend the rules,have more of a take no crap attitude.

He also needs to update the suit he has now or switch it out for a better one.

YOUNG JUSTICE #15
    preview

[

Amazing Member

Looks like cassie is claiming Conner. Cassie is still holding on after , Conner has calmed down. It’s one of my favorite comic book romances( 1. Rogue, Gambit; 2. Kon and Cassie; 3. War Machine and Captain Mavel; 4, Kon and Cassandra) and I hope it gets revisited.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Wait, Chase as in Cameron Chase? She's friendly now? and in the FBI? I thought... oh that's right. She's a main supporting character in Supergirl when Rebirth began right? I haven't followed up on her for a long time, since New 52 and she was still in the D.E.O. and was a frenemy with Batwoman.

What's everybody think the chances of

Conners age being frozen (again) in the comics?

Having his TTK back?

Using his TTK like the new 52 SB did, with all sensory abilities?

Go back to his black and red S?

Acknowledge he and Cassie made love in the barn?

Become a big part in Lexa life?

Astonishing Member

What's everybody think the chances of

Conners age being frozen (again) in the comics?

Having his TTK back?

Using his TTK like the new 52 SB did, with all sensory abilities?

Go back to his black and red S?

Acknowledge he and Cassie made love in the barn?

Become a big part in Lexa life?
    I think Conner age being frozen (again) is unlikely. They couldn't show the conflicts this situation brings since they don't allow the characters to grow.

The TTK is complicated. This power existed because he wasn't a Superman clone in his first origin. DC doesn't get rid of TTK when Conner's origin was changed to Superman clone, but TTK was totally relegated for Kryptonian powers.

I really doubt the aspects New52 Superboy will return.

Mighty Member

I hope that his age doesnt get frozen again...
    I really really HATED this idea and Conner will only benefit of being aged up and getting a new identity.

If the parents remind Conner it could be that Conner and Cassie were a couple also in Rebirth History.

I always hoped that TTK will return and get full TK like SINS OF YOUTH Conner had.

Alright so I just want to be sure I got this because between Young Justice and Death Metal I’ve been dealing with a lot of broken realities, reboots, multiverses, and crisises.

If I have this right, then Conner believes he’s from a different reality because he was outside the universe at the time of a crisis and the reality reset without him being a part of its history. So it’s as if he’s back in the universe but not in the one from before because of history change thus not of this reality. If that is correct it would explain the stuff from Action Comics a week or so ago about his own confusion of where he’s from.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

At this point, I think it is pretty clear Bendis has retcon New52 Superboy (and New52 Teen Titans). This is likely this is due to Superman Reborn.

However, Scott Lobdell still reference New52 Teen Titans (including New52 Superboy) some months ago as part of the current continuity.

Writers should work together in a consistent continuity.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Alright so I just want to be sure I got this because between Young Justice and Death Metal I’ve been dealing with a lot of broken realities, reboots, multiverses, and crisises.

If I have this right, then Conner believes he’s from a different reality because he was outside the universe at the time of a crisis and the reality reset without him being a part of its history. So it’s as if he’s back in the universe but not in the one from before because of history change thus not of this reality. If that is correct it would explain the stuff from Action Comics a week or so ago about his own confusion of where he’s from.
    Actually that was always clear or?

Universe rebooted, but Conner was in Gemworld,Wally West and Bart were in Speedforce so they were protected from being erased.