Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Crap, Conner's going to limbo for Christmas. Young Justice has been axed.
    Except that he is over in ACTION COMICS so may find a permanent home there...

Only if he takes over the book when Bendis leaves. Otherwise he's just there for the current arc.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

They need to revamp Conner imo, make him less generic boy, and actually use what has come before. Imo Conner has been wasted in botj YJ and AC, even though it is nice to see him being used.

If I was in charge I would take from the past incarnations of Conner, and recent ones, and have one streamlined version of him, a version no matter what you read or watch he is still the same.

Built and dressed like YJ show
    Can change the colors of his pants and gloves to look more like his suit now, but no rips.
    Black leather jacket with his original yellow S on the back, with the L for luthor on his sleeves
    The S barcode tattoo on his arm
    Frozen age at either 18 or 19 years old, so he can be legal, but still young, also grown, but not fully grown
    If he ages someday he gets all the kryptonian powers with full TK (like titans of tomorrow showed)
    At that age he has golden age physical levels(like show), but also tactile telekinesis(all his versions no matter what you see him on should have TTK)
    TTK is mentally controlled, so it's niy always on,and no weakness to energy or gas like kesels was
    Make his own super specs (should be a genius because of his dna donors)
    His TTK should amp his physicals to match kryptonians of his size and age, plus do all thst his kesel version could do, plus have TTK senses(scan through touch, and sense micro vibrations)
    Lexs green eyes

Every part is uniquely him
    Last edited by SuperX; 08-16-2020 at 05:33 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Only if he takes over the book when Bendis leaves. Otherwise he's just there for the current arc.
    Where have you got the idea Bendis is leaving though? There's no mention of that anyway (you may or may not want him to go but there's no official word of his leaving). That's like saying Jason Todd is only Red Hood until Lobdell leaves (which we know isn't the case).

Hey guys look Conner made it on Jim lees promo art. Looks like his 1st season YJ show look to me.

Piggybacking on the other thread about conners look, I think if u have him physical identical to the YJ shows Conner, with his black tshirt, black boots, with the comics red color on his jeans and fingerless gloves, plus a black leather jacket.
    I think he needs a mix of powers also-the YJ shows powers, plis his tactile telekinesis ,all touch. No energy or gas weakness, but with the need to focus to use it. Kesel TTK with new 52 TK senses, again all touch or contact.

Fantastic Member

First season Young Justice/Teen Titans vol 3 (2003-2011) I'd say, though probably representing the former

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I've been rereading the current Young Justice and I gotta say, for what little we see of them, I really enjoyed Conner and Lophi. They were fun, though I don't like naming her daughter Martha or Conner taking to being a farmer as much, but I liked seeing a quieter, gentler Conner that stepped up to be a man when necessary. He's still an impetuous bastard (which is what made me like him to begin with) but it was kind of cool seeing someone ordinary bring that out of him.

I think that's about the right mix of maturity for Conner. He can have his moments, but going full Johns breaks the guy.

If Conner ever gets his own book, I hope they come back. Not specifically as a love interest, but I'd like to see them around as someone he's close to.

Gleason and Timms also made Lophi cute as a button, so there's that.

So we have so many versions of kon I was wondering which explanation is best to all of you.

YJ comic
    YJ TV show
    Reign movie
    Titans show

They are all clones of lex and Clark

The comic kon- so far nothing but full kryptonian powers and in action comics looks like a mix of lex and Clark

The YJ shows kon- has watered down kryptonian powers, but looks identical to clark

Reign movie kon- all the kryptonian powers, looks just like Clark but for his lex eyes

Titans show kon- seems to have all the kryptonian powers, supposedly looks like Clark, and has a mix of partail memories of both lex and clark

Which do you like, or do you wish there was another choice?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    So we have so many versions of kon I was wondering which explanation is best to all of you.

YJ comic
    YJ TV show
    Reign movie
    Titans show

The comic kon- so far nothing but full kryptonian powers and in action comics looks like a mix of lex and Clark

The YJ shows kon- has watered down kryptonian powers, but looks identical to clark

Reign movie kon- all the kryptonian powers, looks just like Clark but for his lex eyes

Titans show kon- seems to have all the kryptonian powers, supposedly looks like Clark, and has a mix of partail memories of both lex and clark

My preferred version is Kon from the Reign of the Supermen movie.

<snip>

I like early Superboy, in the Hawaii years, when he had tactile telekinesis and was not an actual clone of Clark and in no way related to or connected to Lex.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Don't know if anyone here is reading Legion, but issue 8 confirming that Mon-El is Jon's great, great, great, great, great grandchild got me to look back at earlier issues. In issue 3 where Mon-El gets mad at Jon for knocking out Ultra Boy's dad after he knocked him out on Rimbor, Jon asks who he is, and Mon says "who do I look like?" and Jon doesn't know (cracking a bit of a joke to lighten the mood), but it pisses Mon off more. That moment, along with the art in each following issue, seems to indicate that Mon-El is meant to have a strong resemblance to Jon (or even Clark).

Then looking back at the issue of Action Comics where Lois points out that Conner looks like a mix of Clark and Lex's features, I'm of the opinion that this alteration was made to Conner to leave him distinct from what Mon-El's deal seems to be.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I want him to look exactly like clarj,besides his eyes,that should be lexs lil way of throwing it into his face that he is part him also

Astonishing Member

Considering that Lex has had more to do with Conner's existence, I see nothing wrong with him looking more like Lex when everything else is still Clark.