Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Kon-El: Superboy Appreciation 2020

New year, new thread!

This thread is for the amazing Superboy/Kon-El!

Please read the rules regarding Appreciation threads at the top of the forum and appreciate away!
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Even in his more immature/insensitive days, he could be sweet. And try to chat up women. Of course, he had no idea of the full import. Loved this Kon and watching him grow.
    Kon Cat.jpg

He did this in front of his girlfriend, so he had a ways to go.
    Kon and women.jpg
    Last edited by Tzigone; 12-31-2019 at 07:13 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

DIG020301._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

His first cover just one issue after the first appearance

You have to admit, he grew by leaps and bounds even just during Reign of the Supermen.

I actually like the idea that it was the Newsboys that got him out before he could be programed. His own mind fighting back is a thing, but I like that they got him out, because they were always escaping.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Is this really how he got his shades? ^^

0935f60d31a7cb51c08ca6e995788210._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Man I really need a mini or something featuring my boy this year.

Was psyched to have him backat last but Bendis hasn't done anything of note with him (or really anyone in YJ), Reign of Supermen and that episode of Titans ended up being my favourite pieces of media feautring Conner last year.

Also can whoever writes this hypothetical mini be someone who's read or at least familiar with his orginal run, I would love an appearance of Roxy or Dubbilex or heck go for a real deep-cut and have a Ravers reunion.

Also I saw the previous thread got locked for what I assume was inactivity, the only thing I can think to post is fanart during dry spells but the majority of what I come across is TimxKon and I imagine that might be against forum rules.

Also I saw the previous thread got locked for what I assume was inactivity
    All appreciation threads are locked on New Year's. New ones get created whenever anyone creates them

Happy New Year to the Metropolis Kid .

You know I wonder if Karl Kesel would ever be willing to come back to the character?

Was there ever any word back on how he felt about Geoff Johns revamp of Superboy?

At the very least I would love something from him to tie up some of the dangling plot threads from the old series.

The Wild Men arc ends with Prince Tuftan (now King) in a forced marriage to the evil Nosferata with his friends still banished while his real love Lady Tawna plots to introduce democracy to the island in-order to supplant the now corrupt monarchy.

Scavenger who's presented as a madman who's fabled great enemy to be nothing but a figament of his warped mind turns out may be real after all in his last appearance, never to be expanded on further.

Just Cadmus in general, Roquette, Cannon and Guardian where all pretty big parts of Kon's life and they the facility quite literally disappear. Also I'm pretty sure Dabney Donovan still out there somewhere on the loose.

And finally Dubbilex last we see of him he's is in a Buddhist monastery trying to find inner peace but he makes it clear he wishes to one day reunite with Kon, he was the closest thing the boy had to parental figure at the start of his life (Kon even admitted it once) it's sad they never got that reunion.

Is it unrealistic to expect conclusions from a book that's almost over 20 years old? Yes, but damn I still want it.
    Last edited by walk; 01-04-2020 at 12:21 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

How to Draw Superboy with John Timms:

Mighty Member

I have to say that I am really disappointed with the current Superboy:

I just dont like his look...

1. Beard:
    Sorry, but I hate the beard....Conner never had a beard before and it makes no sense...

2. Body-Size:
    I liked him more like he was during Johns TT Run..
    He is to skinny now...He was way more impressive during Johns TT Run...

3. The Costume:
    I liked more the original Kessel Costume WITH Sleeves and WITHOUT Patches etc.

4. Haircut:
    I liked more the spiked up hairs which he had later, as he came back from dead (like when Martha Kent invited Cassie to Dinner)..

I am hoping that they change it soon...

I like the Titans (TV Series) Version with Joshua Orpin as Conner...it would be perfect to use this look together with the old Kessel Costume and new sunglasses..

I hope that they reduce the team-size soon to give him more space...At the moment he uses only Heat Vision,Flying and Super-Strenght...

I also really hope that when 5G starts that he and Cassie come back together and marry....In the Anime he is engaged to Miss Martian, so I hope that in the Comic he can finally marry Cassie...
    That would be cool with Tim as his best Man,Bart also there and the rest of the Kent Family...

I also hope that he will get a new Look,Code-Name etc. when 5G starts...We have seen a lot of older Conner Versions (Black Zero as Superman and Black Zero as Black Zero, Sins of Youth Superman and Titans of Tomorrow Superman)..
    Last edited by Masterff; 01-11-2020 at 03:49 AM.

Conner is joining Action Comics.
    https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...33579202961410
    Action comics! THIS storyline: Metropolis Doom's fractured structure means answers ARE coming! not only are we getting Conner, lex, clark AND JON! Conner is STAYING in action comics & young justice for a bit. some treats for those already buying both books. #therewillbepunching
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

This would be more exciting if Bendis wasn’t writing still.

Mighty Member

Wow...
    I must always remember myself, that this is the same Conner, who fought against Superboy Prime and died saving the Universe.