Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Conner shouldnt be able to beat Prime or Doomsday at his present age anyway, so the extra TTK powers wouldn't help him win anyway. He might have a fighting chance as a adult with full kryptonian powers and TTK/TK, but not now.

5.i don't want him to be a telepath, hell I don't think most kon fans would. If he uses his TTK to somehow read or communicate through some form of vibrational sense then sure, but not professor x stuff, cause he wouldn't be a SUPER anymore, even one million superman only could do certain things mentally.

He had 2 kinds of TTK senses
    1 reading micro vibrations
    2 touch scan

Both were impressive, and both had limits, which is what leads to character development and suspense in a ongoing comic.
    What do you mean with ACTUAL AGE?

I personally IGNORE here the REBIRTH Conner and use the JOHNS TT CONNER...

So I see him as the Conner of TT Series which makes him 20 years old and NOT a teenager anymore.
    It makes also more sense, since Jonathan Samuel Kent is now Superboy and Conner is now around for more than 26 years.

He should finally be able to make the Nightwing step and get a new Code-Name etc.

5. I am also NOT!! a fan of him being a telepath, BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    X-Ray Vision,Telescop Vision,Super-Hearing etc. are so incredible powerful and advanced that you MUST!!!!!!!! give him Telepathy in replacement to match up for it.

So either:
    a) You leave him the traditional Super-Senses
    or
    b) You give him telepathy

The TTK senses of NEW52 Superboy were completely useless...

For example in battle against fast characters he would lose because of it, because he CANT react to fast characters like Flash unlike Johns TT Conner....

Rule is: IF YOU CHANGE HIM, HE SHOULD REMAIN AS POWERFUL AS HE HAS BEEN.

BTW: MARTIAN MANHUNTER IS 1.000.000.000.000 times AUTOMATICALLY more powerful than Superman.

Martian Manhunter has Telepathy (one of Supermans weaknesses and you just have to watch YJ ANIME Miss Martian to see how powerful Telepathy can be)
    Martian Manhunter can make himself intangible
    Martian Manhunter can shapeshift and let grow other limbs
    Martian Manhunter has Superman basic Strength which he can empower with TTK
    Martian Manhunter has no weakness (he can get rid of the his fear of fire which happened in one storyline)

Simply look at FERNUS who is MARTIAN MANHUNTER in his alternate form.

Mighty Member

Both were impressive, and both had limits, which is what leads to character development and suspense in a ongoing comic.

You seem to only be into the character because of him possibly being so powerful, which isn't exactly good whe he is still a teen and might be for years. It seems you just want him to win on a battle board and not having any opposition thst could really challenge him, like I said you need your character to be challenged and the writer should make the problem in a way to actually get the reader to worry about the character.

Imo kryptonians should naturally be super strong, fast, very durable, and have amazing senses, just from being adapted to a very harsh planet like krypton. The sun should super charge them and make them way more powerful, fly and have heat vision.

Conner should be just like a kryptonian, but because he is a hybrid clone I think his sun induced super charge should be mentally controlled,unlike kryptonians. Which means he would be just as powerful as them in every way, but he can use that super charge to have TTK/TK abilities. Which would consist of
    TTK physical tricks(anything shown in 1st series, or by black zero)
    TTK scan
    TK blasts
    TK shields
    TK levitation
    TK micro vibrational sense
    TK blocking visible light for invisibility

And thsts all on top of the whole kryptonian powerset.

He would have the same weaknesses as superman, but when he puts up a TK shield can block some or most of the effects of them.

Because he controls the TTK/TK mentally he would have to focus to be thst powerful, and when he isn't doing that be a normal non sun charged kryptonian in the way I said above, that way he is still powerful, but has to struggle from time to time to make the stories suspenseful.
    TTK Senses were UNIMPRESSIVE especially if you compare them with X-Ray Vision,Telescopic Vision etc.
    Invisibility MAKES NO SENSE!!!!! why should Superboy need that???

H'El Telekinesis makes more sense:
    -Restraining powerful people is very useful
    -control things on molecular level is very useful

Controlling things on molecular level is VERY USEFUL since you can control water (save people from gigantic waves), put out fires, keep things together (houses, bridges)

Invisibility is ridiculous for a Super-Character, BUT if a bridge has cracks etc. and there are 10.000 people trapped in their cars and they will fall down if the bridge gets destroyed its VERY USEFULL to use TTK to stabilize the bridge
    or if a spaceship gets a hole and Conner uses TTK to keep the parts together

NO!!!
    I am a fan of Johns TT Conner and Johns ToT Conner and WOULDNT change them.

Johns TT Conner was 95% perfect for, only problems were:
    a) He didnt wear a leather jacket anymore
    b) I MISSED the attitude of Reign of Supermen Conner
    c) He rarely used TTK anymore
    d) I wished that he would get a tattoo or so
    e) He still used the name Superboy

I am a fan of Conner, because he is Superman with attitude.

I see Conner as the younger,wild,cool version of Clark

If you watch Dragon Ball Super than
    Goku=Clark
    Vegeta=Conner

But like I said take ToT Superman (Johns Version), give him a black-red Superman Costume with black leather Jacket, let him also use TTK more and give him the S Tattoo of the Titans TV Series Superboy and it would be my perfect Conner Version.

Johns TT and Johns ToT Conner were almost 100% perfect for me...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smilingblade View Post
    SuperX, get ready from him to come back with a 3 page post, screaming in all caps, multiple "!!!!" and "????", saying that Kon needs to be cosmically powerful at all times (whilst still a teenager). Kon shouldn't be as strong as Kal, otherwise where is the fun in writing/reading him? Who wants to read about a hormonal teenager who can one-shot literally anyone or anything (a.k.a One Punch Man)? In my opinion, Kon should be as strong as DCAMU Reign Superboy, where his powers are considerably weaker than Superman's, which is attributed to his youth and that his powers have not yet fully developed.
    1. I DONT!!!! want to change him or him being cosmically powerful

I LOVE Johns TT Conner and Johns ToT Conner and I would only change them very slightly.
    Take ToT Superman (the first version written by Johns, not the Rebirth Version), make him a hero not a villain, change his costume a bit (leather jacket instead of cape and do something with the colors), give him one or more tattoos and I am happy...

2. JONATHAN SAMUEL KENT is the teenage Superboy...
    Conner is now around since 26 years and he should be finally able to become 21 years old and take the Nightwing role of the Super-Family.

3. we are talking about SUPER-HEROES
    Thor,Wonder Woman,Hulk,Superman,Supergirl,Martian Manhunter,Captain Atom,Orion,Sentry.........are incredible powerful and people read them....

4. Reign of Supermen ANIMATED VERSION was weak....
    TITANS OF TOMORROW (FIRST VERSION JOHNS) would be PERFECT for me.

5. Conner was always the younger brother of Clark for, only cooler,more versatile due to his additional TTK Powers, with the more interesting history and the better girlfriend.

I WOULDNT CHANGE CONNER.
    I am PERFECTLY OK with JOHNS VERSIONS of CONNER (TT CONNER and ToT CONNER)

HE! started with changing him, so I simply answered to him, because changing is ok for me-IF!!! he doesnt get disadvantages compared to TT Conner.

Because if you replace X-Ray Vision,Super-Hearing etc. with TTK senses Conner would have disadvantages to him as TT Conner.

6. I also find it ridiculous, because they established KENAN KONG who has ALL of Clarks powers, with not much weaknesses and some COOL and powerful Extra-abilities...

So your opinion is opinion, and guess what... I agree with most of it.
    BUT I don't agree with
    Black Zero WAS a beast, and this was before Geoff made Conner have real kryptonian DNA. He didn't have the flaws kon had at his age, and he manhandled the pocket universe superboy and every other superboy like it was easy.

I liked black zero, sins of youth, and titans of tomorrow kon all powered up,I just want kon around 20,not 26 years old.

I want him to be fully kryptonian powered also, amd I said I do in the paragraph before I named off all the TTK/TK powers I think he should have.

TTK senses were awesome, and wasn't blocked by lead, but I want them WITH the actual kryptonian senses, not just 1 or the other, kon should have his full power set, from both physical and mental powers.

BTW if Martian manhunter can go invisible than kon can too, the original Match could do it, and Jon from the new 52 could.

Oh and the new 52 superboy could repel telepaths out of his mind and hurt them while doing it, so he has a defense against telepaths.

I like the ToT suit also, I also want NO cape, add a leather jacket, some fingerless gloves.

I have wanted the tattoo from the new 52 superboy and the a titans show since I 1st saw it.

So I actually want ALL the powers you want him to have, but actually more than you, the only difference is how he controls his powers, not how powerful they are, and not that he should have them all, just want some weakness mechanism to make him struggle and to make his powerset more interesting.

I want him to have all the kryptonian super charged powers PLUS tons of TTK/TK powers, but I think it would be more interesting for him as a character to make them all mentally controlled and he have a lower constant power level, where he would be more like YJ superboy, or superman 3000,then amp up all those powers to God levels plus get heat vision and flight.

Our differences are small, I just want a slight weakness built in,but I want more fun abilities that make him fun to read.

Mighty Member

So your opinion is opinion, and guess what... I agree with most of it.
    BUT I don't agree with
    Black Zero WAS a beast, and this was before Geoff made Conner have real kryptonian DNA. He didn't have the flaws kon had at his age, and he manhandled the pocket universe superboy and every other superboy like it was easy.

I liked black zero, sins of youth, and titans of tomorrow kon all powered up,I just want kon around 20,not 26 years old.

I want him to be fully kryptonian powered also, amd I said I do in the paragraph before I named off all the TTK/TK powers I think he should have.

TTK senses were awesome, and wasn't blocked by lead, but I want them WITH the actual kryptonian senses, not just 1 or the other, kon should have his full power set, from both physical and mental powers.

BTW if Martian manhunter can go invisible than kon can too, the original Match could do it, and Jon from the new 52 could.

Oh and the new 52 superboy could repel telepaths out of his mind and hurt them while doing it, so he has a defense against telepaths.

I like the ToT suit also, I also want NO cape, add a leather jacket, some fingerless gloves.

I have wanted the tattoo from the new 52 superboy and the a titans show since I 1st saw it.

So I actually want ALL the powers you want him to have, but actually more than you, the only difference is how he controls his powers, not how powerful they are, and not that he should have them all, just want some weakness mechanism to make him struggle and to make his powerset more interesting.

I want him to have all the kryptonian super charged powers PLUS tons of TTK/TK powers, but I think it would be more interesting for him as a character to make them all mentally controlled and he have a lower constant power level, where he would be more like YJ superboy, or superman 3000,then amp up all those powers to God levels plus get heat vision and flight.

Our differences are small, I just want a slight weakness built in,but I want more fun abilities that make him fun to read.
    If he KEEPS Super-Hearing,Telescop Vision ok...
    But without Super-Senses he would just get speed-blitzed all the time, because its an important factor in battle to see and hear your opponent.
    NEW52 Superboy for example only had TTK senses and they were only used three times if I remember right.....

Martian Manhunter has INVISIBILITY as SUPER-POWER not as side-effect of his powers.
    So NO NEW52 Jon could only bend the light as kind of camouflage, NOT becoming really INVISIBLE like Martian Manhunter.

YJ ANIME Superboy is ALWAYS difficult to read for me, since I always remember this strange Black Canary fight where she defeated him, even he should be simply stronger, faster etc.

One thing which I really really really would like to see:

Conner has TTK Blasts and he stores Solar-Energy.....I would really really like to see that he develops it further so he can make his TTK Blasts more powerful (maybe add Solar-Energy, which would be possible, since Solar-Flare of Clark makes the Solar-Energy come out from everywhere).

So its not only Heat Vision and TTK Blasts, but also the power to make blasts,form the energy like a ball to throw etc. etc.

CAPTAIN ATOM for example can use one energy source and use it for a wide range of different attacks..

And also logically to empower his attacks (NEW52 SUPERBOY vs MARTIAN MANHUNTER)
    In this fight you clearly see the energy around his fists which shows how he uses TTK along with his Super-Strength...

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    If he KEEPS Super-Hearing,Telescop Vision ok...
    But without Super-Senses he would just get speed-blitzed all the time, because its an important factor in battle to see and hear your opponent.
    NEW52 Superboy for example only had TTK senses and they were only used three times if I remember right.....

Martian Manhunter has INVISIBILITY as SUPER-POWER not as side-effect of his powers.
    So NO NEW52 Jon could only bend the light as kind of camouflage, NOT becoming really INVISIBLE like Martian Manhunter.

YJ ANIME Superboy is ALWAYS difficult to read for me, since I always remember this strange Black Canary fight where she defeated him, even he should be simply stronger, faster etc.

One thing which I really really really would like to see:

Conner has TTK Blasts and he stores Solar-Energy.....I would really really like to see that he develops it further so he can make his TTK Blasts more powerful (maybe add Solar-Energy, which would be possible, since Solar-Flare of Clark makes the Solar-Energy come out from everywhere).

So its not only Heat Vision and TTK Blasts, but also the power to make blasts,form the energy like a ball to throw etc. etc.

CAPTAIN ATOM for example can use one energy source and use it for a wide range of different attacks..

And also logically to empower his attacks (NEW52 SUPERBOY vs MARTIAN MANHUNTER)
    In this fight you clearly see the energy around his fists which shows how he uses TTK along with his Super-Strength...

I want him to have all the powers, not just one set to draw from.

New 52 superboy did pretty good against bar torr and even supergirl(after he was done dealing with her attack).

He used his TTK senses a lot,they were very useful.

Invisibility is still invisibility doesn't matter how it work's, it matters that it works.

Black canary taking down superboy on YJ was a "for the show" type of thing, kinda like how his powers were watered down.

He should hypothetically be able to control his heat vision almost like Darkseid does, with his TK, and also control the direction a solar flare (if he has it) goes with his TK.

I want him to have all the powers, not just one set to draw from.

New 52 superboy did pretty good against bar torr and even supergirl(after he was done dealing with her attack).

He used his TTK senses a lot,they were very useful.

Invisibility is still invisibility doesn't matter how it work's, it matters that it works.

Black canary taking down superboy on YJ was a "for the show" type of thing, kinda like how his powers were watered down.

He should hypothetically be able to control his heat vision almost like Darkseid does, with his TK, and also control the direction a solar flare (if he has it) goes with his TK.
    And he should also be able to keep his powers afterwards by telekinetically pulling the solar radiation back into himself. He's been shown to have potential to block K radiation. So if he can block one form of radiation he should be able to contain another.

I like your idea about him being able to control his heat-vision with his TK.
    Last edited by Midnighter; 07-13-2020 at 09:32 PM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Nevermind

10 char
    Last edited by Superlad93; 07-14-2020 at 08:46 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I think characters need weaknesses or flaws, so even though Conner should be able to do tons of cool things and be mega powerful, I still. Want him to struggle sometimes and also not be invincible, thsts just a recipe for turning a good character to a bad character.

Mentally controlling all his sun charged powers (kryptonian and TTK/TK) would be a great way to make him massively powerful but not make him God like.

I want to read about him monthly not only see him during the yearly big story or as a villain.

Mighty Member

Actually for Conner it would be more than enough to:

a) Give him a more modern outfit, along with the Pre-Flashpoint Feats, Pre-Flashpoint Body and Face...
    I liked the look of Jon Kent as Superman (in the Promo-Pic for DCeased with this red background)
    and change cape for leather-jacket

b) Give him TTK back-and make it like NEW52/Kessel Version
    so he can use TTK WITHOUT SUNLIGHT!!!!
    NEW52 and Kessel Versions of Superboy BOTH DIDNT NEED SUNLIGHT for TTK.

In the Storyline with the Suneater Kessel Superboy was able to use his powers, because they werent dependent from Sun.
    NEW52 Superboy could use his powers on Krypton, because yellow or red sun makes no difference for him.

So use Telekinesis as META-HUMAN ability

c) Say that also his HUMAN DNA was altered (like it was in Kessels Version)
    so even his human DNA can store Solar-Energy

d) let him be able to use TTK to push his powers like a Kaioken and create Shields like Smallville Comic Conner,ToT Conner...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post

c) Say that also his HUMAN DNA was altered (like it was in Kessels Version)
    so even his human DNA can store Solar-Energy
    The thing is when Kessel make Kon to have is human DNA altered, that was beacuse he wasn't a Superman clone. He was just a human clone altered.

When his origins was retconned be a Superman clone, it was mentioned that his human side was altered, but this was only done to connect with its first origin (and I think it was mentioned in only one issue). DC has probably forgotten this aspect long before Flashpoint.

Even if (by some miracle) his whole Pre-Flashpoint story comes back, that aspect is not going to come back.

Now, Conner is probably similar to Jon in the biological aspect (human-kryptonian hybrids).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    The thing is when Kessel make Kon to have is human DNA altered, that was beacuse he wasn't a Superman clone. He was just a human clone altered.

When his origins was retconned be a Superman clone, it was mentioned that his human side was altered, but this was only done to connect with its first origin (and I think it was mentioned in only one issue). DC has probably forgotten this aspect long before Flashpoint.

Even if (by some miracle) his whole Pre-Flashpoint story comes back, that aspect is not going to come back.

Now, Conner is probably similar to Jon in the biological aspect (human-kryptonian hybrids).
    Yes...actually I LIKE the Idea that he is 50% TRUE-KRYPTONIAN and 50% Lex Luthor human, but his human DNA is altered.

Or (maybe even better):

I wouldnt change anything from what I said, BUT use the 45%-45%-10% Idea from NEW52 Superboy.
    I WOULDNT change his powers, but I really really really really LOVED the concept that there is also a third DNA string which not even the Kryptonian Computers could find out.

This was a kind of cool Idea, which was never solved and it was cool, because I always expected that there are some hidden powers and the third DNA might have come from Trigon, Doomsday, Darkseid.....

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Is Kon's powers affected by sunlight and K... wait I remember he was affected by Kryptonite in Superbat Public Enemies. How about sunlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Is Kon's powers affected by sunlight and K... wait I remember he was affected by Kryptonite in Superbat Public Enemies. How about sunlight?
    Kon's powers originally came from just his Tactile Telekinesis that allowed him to simulate Superman's powers such as flight, superstrength and superhuman durability. However, following Geoff Johns' Teen Titans run, Conner developed all the standard Kryptonian powers and towards the end of the Pre Flashpoint DC, he had a mixture of Kryptonian and Tactile Telekinesis powers.

OK so this is how it went

Final night had kon able to function without the sun

Match had TTK that had TK optic blasts

Sins of youth had Match using heat vision, not TK optic blasts

After sins of youth kon lost his powers and had to get repowered, it was because he was powered by the sun

So even before Geoff changed his powers and how they worked, and before new 52 kon made his TTK totally non dependent on the sun,in his original series, where everything should be consistent, was not consistent at all.

Weaknesses are a part of a heroes character,he is no different, he should have some, mostly when he is going to be even more powerful than superman himself.

Controlling the sun charged powers mentally would not make him less powerful, but atleast give him something that doesnt make him perfect in every way.

Mostly when his TK fields can block magic, he needs something.

Oh and if they actually got his peers correct, my way, he probably would have been aged a Lil or atleast given all his powers NOW, not the way he is now in the YJ book, a generic kryptonian now.