Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    It's still needless and feels lazy. He was never exactly a clone from the beginning. He was like Dubbilex. A DNAlien. Genetically altered clone of Westfield made to be Superman. Everything about him was changed. That's how he was designed. I like that there's a mystery to his human donor that the general populace can't easily figure out by looking at him. It's something he'd keep close to the vest aside from those closest to him.
    The thing is the clone of Superman and Lex is a pretty popular concept. That's why Conner is always adapted in that way.

The concept that he was a human modified to be identical to Superman won't return.

I always find curious that his first origin was that he was modified to be identical to Superman, but Superboy didn't have the kryptonian powers at that time.

I guess it is because DC doesn't want another character with kryptonian powers.

Clark and lex as DNA donors is here to stay, thst we can agree on.

Kon looking like a mix of both is not a "in genius" idea, he was created by lex(and Cadmus) to be the next superman, to flawlessly take over where the dead superman left off.

He should have certain characteristics like. Lex, and slight physical traits (like his eyes) like lex, but he wasn't made to be lexs clone, he was made to be supermans clone, plain and simple.

If lex wanted to show off that he made A SUPER clone partly of himself he would have been very happy to brag and throw it out there for public consumption or atleasts supermans attention

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I think lazy's kind of a strange thing to call it when it's ultimately really subjective and superfluous to the day to day functionality of the character. Conner looking like Clark isn't actually something that gets brought up all that often if at all even before this. He may as well have looked like Bruce Wayne with how little it really mattered. And I remember being younger and finding the DNAlien explanation of the 90s to be charming within context, but ultimately very unintuitive. My issue ultimately being if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck, I'd rather you just tell me it's a duck rather than trying to subvert. The shift to Lex was a common sense shift towards clarity and a more user friendly origin.

But since the famous shaved head Conner story it's largely under utilized. So when you tell me the character is now more willing to go into moral gray areas (such as playing by mob rules and attacking STAR labs) and however little an addition of Lex features mixed in with the predominate Clark ones, then I'm hear for it because it operates under that same sort of clarity.

At the end of the day, we still need to get a sense of his new origins to more accurately judge.
    I don't think it's strange. Its not just about functionality for me but It's also a matter of aesthetics. I also appreciate the nuances of the character in the 90s. Again this is me and my feelings. Simplicity and clarity has its place sure but this something I just can't get On board with. I feel like they could have just as easily put a magnifying glass on his personality and those Lex-like traits instead of a blunt visual shorthand. But you're right. At some point they'll have to retell his origin. The fact he couldn't remember who made him is a huge indicator.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    The thing is the clone of Superman and Lex is a pretty popular concept. That's why Conner is always adapted in that way.

The concept that he was a human modified to be identical to Superman won't return.

I always find curious that his first origin was that he was modified to be identical to Superman, but Superboy didn't have the kryptonian powers at that time.

I guess it is because DC doesn't want another character with kryptonian powers.
    I don't disagree and I like the concept but I think you can still do this without changing his appearance. At the time Superman was the only Kryptonian. Supergirl was a protoplasmic being and Kon was a metahuman clone.

I enjoyed his earlier adventures, particularly in Hawaii and PADs run on Young Justice, but that's long past, and I'm glad the Young Justice cartoon uses the more adult version of Conner.
    I don't consider first season YJ Kon to me any more adult than '90s Kon. More angsty and mopey, yes. More adult, no. I do agree with him growing up - I don't agree with the way it was done. He was growing up just fine before being rewritten pretty entirely.

Clark and lex as DNA donors is here to stay, thst we can agree on.
    I agree. I don't like it at all, but I agree it's not going away.

Kon from the original series was growing more mature and didn't need to be turned emo to show it.

He was always meant to be the spitting image of superman, even during the pre Flashpoint years.

If you change his appearance to much you lose the character, plain and simple to me.

Trinity crisis #1 kon right up front

I just want to know what Bendis leaving all his books means for conner"kon-el"kent?

Incredible Member

Probably a return to the t shirt and jeans look. That’s his most popular look and they’ll prob want his comic version to retain that....you know if he shows up in any books post Bendis.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Probably a return to the t shirt and jeans look. That’s his most popular look and they’ll prob want his comic version to retain that....you know if he shows up in any books post Bendis.
    Let's hope so. I liked the tights and jacket look, when he was 'the Kid' in Hawai'i. But that was like *thirty years ago* and I'm over it.

Jon can be the teen of steel now. Conner can go back to being a twenty-something young adult in jeans and T.

I don't see the problem with him being 19 years old, big strong young man, wearing the YJ more militant version of his tshirt and jeans look, but with the black leather jacket, and still having the fingerless gloves.

TTK ppl, it's been to long. Just say he is exactly like a full kryptonian, but for his bio aura was mutated into TTK, simple as that. That would give him a YJ show powerset(plus heat vision), and let TTK shine to give him thst extra boost back up to kryptonian levels.

No talk of the last issue of Action Comics?

What do you guys think of what happened to Conner in it?

BTW I actually liked that 1st 2 page spread of the Supers, and I don't like the art at all

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    No talk of the last issue of Action Comics?

What do you guys think of what happened to Conner in it?

BTW I actually liked that 1st 2 page spread of the Supers, and I don't like the art at all

I don’t read any of the current books. What happened to him?

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    I don’t read any of the current books. What happened to him?
    Can't do spoilers on this I'm using to type on but it doesn't look good for him at all.