Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

YJ show powers + new 52 powers

Weakness I would have for him(cause any SUPER superman needs them)
    1-focus. If he doesn't have it, he can't use them.his TTK/TK is mental based so any and everything that can throw a guy off with those powers should be used.
    2- he should be like superman in that ALL his powers are powers by solar energy. Kryptonite should also hurt him. Magic that he can't block should affect him. Red sun should stop him from absorbing solar energy.

His mental powers should help him block out any and all mental attacks or takeovers of his mind.

His YJ powers are upper mid tier, but still SUPER useful, mostly because his TTK/TK won't be perfect all the time, when he isn't thinking about his powers he doesn't have them, so he needs the YJ powers to protect him when he isn't, and also to sense things wien his TTK/TK physical and sensory powers aren't on

Titans coming back soon. Kon was one of the few highlights of S2 so hopefully they can do right by him in S3.

I was wondering what Conner Kent's codename should be since Jon Kent is Superboy. He could go by his Kryptonian name 'Kon-El' or a codename starting with an 'S'. I thought about the 'Symbol' as in the symbol of hope or maybe 'Scion', the 'Shield' or 'Secundus' but I think 'Synergy' could work as a codename because of his Kryptonian Powers and TTK he could use those separate power-set and combine it to create a stronger effect for his abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    YJ show powers + new 52 powers

Weakness I would have for him(cause any SUPER superman needs them)
    1-focus. If he doesn't have it, he can't use them.his TTK/TK is mental based so any and everything that can throw a guy off with those powers should be used.
    2- he should be like superman in that ALL his powers are powers by solar energy. Kryptonite should also hurt him. Magic that he can't block should affect him. Red sun should stop him from absorbing solar energy.

His mental powers should help him block out any and all mental attacks or takeovers of his mind.

His YJ powers are upper mid tier, but still SUPER useful, mostly because his TTK/TK won't be perfect all the time, when he isn't thinking about his powers he doesn't have them, so he needs the YJ powers to protect him when he isn't, and also to sense things wien his TTK/TK physical and sensory powers aren't on
    That is a good list for his strengths and weakness. I once did a list of Wonder Woman's strength and weakness in the WW forum, it took a long while.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-they-be/page7

This is my list of powers and weaknesses for Conner.

I want Conner to be distinct from Clark, Kara and Jon. I have a headcanon that his TTK (and TTP) was a mutation, he was supposed to have full-level telekinetic and telepathic powers, a genetic trait which lay dormant within Kryptonians his artificial birth bestow him a mutated variation of those abilities.

Artificially Created Human-Kryptonian Hybrid Physiology
    Source: Genetics / Solar Empowerment
    - Enhanced Physical and Mental Capabilities (Comparable to Golden Age Superman)

Tactile Telekinesis
    Application: Psionic / Personal
    - Tactile Telekinetic Physical Augmentation: Conner could use his TTK to increase his physical capabilities to vast superhuman levels.
    - TK Flight
    - TK Heat Vision: Conner could use this ability to control the movements of their heat vision such as making them travel in straight lines, curve, bend, twist, or even turn at will by making the rays and beams going into several directions at once if he desires.
    - TK Invisibility: Through focus from his TTK he can bend light around him.
    - TK Invulnerability: Through focus from his TTK, Conner is now considered to be physically invulnerable opposes to just being bulletproof from his pre-existing Human/Kryptonian abilities.
    - TK Pressure: Which allows him to crush, repel, disrupt or destroy within his vicinity.
    - TK Regeneration: With focus can recover injuries and wounds faster.
    - Force Armor Generation
    - Psychic Force Field Generation
    - Seismic Sense
    - Psionic Intelligence: Can increase his cognition to advanced level.
    - Psychic Shield
    - Psychokinetic Blast - His version of the solar flare, instead of solar energy it is a collected concentration of destructive psychic energy.

Tactile Telepathy:
    - Tactile Psychometry
    - Psychic Resistance
    - Tactile Mind Reading
    - Tactile Telepathic Static

Vulnerabilities

Kryptonian Physiology:
    - Kryptonite: Kryptonite can affect Conner but to a moderate extent compare to full kryptonite such as Superman and Supergirl. It would take a vast amount to subdue him.
    - Red Sun Radiation: Red Sun Radiation can affect him just like any other Kryptonians.
    - Solar Energy Dependency: Connor's Kryptonian abilities will eventually weaken without replenishing his energy reserves with normal (yellow) sun radiation.

- Lack of Focus (TTK): Conner needs to concentrate on using his TTK powers with focus, without it would make him partly vulnerable to attacks.
    - Vulnerability to Extreme Damages:
    Immense amounts of repetitive physical force could hurt Conner. It could especially disrupt his TTK as it could potentially penetrate his psionic field.
    - Immense Psionic Overload: Using his psionic powers at the fullest especially his psychokinetic blast can be physically or psychologically fatiguing, straining, or even crippling for Conner with him either bleeding from the nose or eyes, falling unconscious, entering a coma, or even dying from the mental effort of using his psionic abilities.
    Last edited by Incognito; 10-29-2020 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan2013 View Post
    I was wondering what Conner Kent's codename should be since Jon Kent is Superboy. He could go by his Kryptonian name 'Kon-El' or a codename starting with an 'S'. I thought about the 'Symbol' as in the symbol of hope or maybe 'Scion', the 'Shield' or 'Secundus' but I think 'Synergy' could work as a codename because of his Kryptonian Powers and TTK he could use those separate power-set and combine it to create a stronger effect for his abilities.

That is a good list for his strengths and weakness. I once did a list of Wonder Woman's strength and weakness in the WW forum, it took a long while.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-they-be/page7

This is my list of powers and weaknesses for Conner.

I want Conner to be distinct from Clark, Kara and Jon. I have a headcanon that his TTK (and TTP) was a mutation, he was supposed to have full-level telekinetic and telepathic powers, a genetic trait which lay dormant within Kryptonians his artificial birth bestow him a mutated variation of those abilities.

Artificially Created Human-Kryptonian Hybrid Physiology
    Source: Genetics / Solar Empowerment
    - Enhanced Physical and Mental Capabilities (Comparable to Golden Age Superman)

Tactile Telekinesis
    Application: Psionic / Personal
    - Tactile Telekinetic Physical Augmentation: Conner could use his TTK to increase his physical capabilities to vast superhuman levels.
    - TK Flight
    - TK Heat Vision: Conner could use this ability to control the movements of their heat vision such as making them travel in straight lines, curve, bend, twist, or even turn at will by making the rays and beams going into several directions at once if he desires.
    - TK Invisibility: Through focus from his TTK he can bend light around him.
    - TK Invulnerability: Through focus from his TTK, Conner is now considered to be physically invulnerable opposes to just being bulletproof from his pre-existing Human/Kryptonian abilities.
    - TK Pressure: Which allows him to crush, repel, disrupt or destroy within his vicinity.
    - TK Regeneration: With focus can recover injuries and wounds faster.
    - Force Armor Generation
    - Psychic Force Field Generation
    - Seismic Sense
    - Psionic Intelligence: Can increase his cognition to advanced level.
    - Psychic Shield
    - Psychokinetic Blast - His version of the solar flare, instead of solar energy it is a collected concentration of destructive psychic energy.

Tactile Telepathy:
    - Tactile Psychometry
    - Psychic Resistance
    - Tactile Mind Reading
    - Tactile Telepathic Static

Vulnerabilities

Kryptonian Physiology:
    - Kryptonite: Kryptonite can affect Conner but to a moderate extent compare to full kryptonite such as Superman and Supergirl. It would take a vast amount to subdue him.
    - Red Sun Radiation: Red Sun Radiation can affect him just like any other Kryptonians.
    - Solar Energy Dependency: Connor's Kryptonian abilities will eventually weaken without replenishing his energy reserves with normal (yellow) sun radiation.

- Lack of Focus (TTK): Conner needs to concentrate on using his TTK powers with focus, without it would make him partly vulnerable to attacks.
    - Vulnerability to Extreme Damages:
    Immense amounts of repetitive physical force could hurt Conner. It could especially disrupt his TTK as it could potentially penetrate his psionic field.
    - Immense Psionic Overload: Using his psionic powers at the fullest especially his psychokinetic blast can be physically or psychologically fatiguing, straining, or even crippling for Conner with him either bleeding from the nose or eyes, falling unconscious, entering a coma, or even dying from the mental effort of using his psionic abilities.

Synergy, damn that is a very nice name, I think I like it as much, or even more than Scion, didn't think I would say thst, but I did. I love the reasoning behind it also, gives him such a unique feel too.

Your power set list and mine seem to be almost identical, YJ show plus new 52 powersets, with solar energy being his power source for both(unlike the new 52 explanation). The power set above would make him so stand out as different and unique, but still fit in with the kryptonians, I really wish they would do this. Use our notes DC, be our guest PLEASE

I'm fine with just Kon-El. Almost thought he might end up being the new Ultraman when it was mentioned he was on Earth 3.

See I’m a person who is fine with multiple people sharing names, I’ve read plenty of comics by now that I’m used to it and honestly sometimes trying to come up with a unique name doesn’t exactly work in ones favor. So if we can have multiple Flashes and Green Lanterns I’m saying multiple Superboys.

That said I would like another outcome, if we have indeed restored continuity and history of Conner I say we acknowledge that he’s close to 18 through 20 (comics are hard to tell age wise) and we make Conner the second Superman. “I’ve been around long enough that maybe I’m a little old to go by Superboy”
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I don't like multiple people sharing names because I think it makes fan infighting more common (see the Robins and GLs), especially when only one can be used in any given external media (they aren't as used to multiples sharing a name). Which means people fight over which one it should be and hate on the one that got it if it wasn't their fave. Also, this spreads to writers, where they will put down others who had the title to make the one they are writing more impressive. And, for many there is only one who the Batman or Superman. And it won't be Kon. And this is even worse with the mainstream audience and movies, because Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne are names known to the general public.

And, as a mundane aside, it can sometimes be annoying when searching tags for fic or tumblr posts or whatever.

Bu for Kon, particularly, I think it's very against what he should be. He was created to be a replacement Superman. Being his own hero instead - not being Superman - choosing his own path and defining his own (sueprhero) identity instead of the one chosen for him could be a great coming of age moment for him. Big theme in his early stories. I also don't like "Scion" because because that is a term where the family/parent defines them - an offshoot or descendant - instead of an independent title defined by self.

I understand the business reasons, I do, but philosophically, I want young heroes (in-universe) to make their own names as great and famous as the first gen did theirs. That first gen made their names the legends they were, and I like the idea that the younger generations are just as capable.

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    I'm fine with just Kon-El. Almost thought he might end up being the new Ultraman when it was mentioned he was on Earth 3.

Kon-El is like Donna Troy, or even Jean Grey, but I still want a hero name to go with it,thats why Synergy or Scion work for me.

Ulttaman would be cool, and if he stayed there as it's only hero, on a corrupt bad world, I would almost be happy about that, cause he would have enough room to make his character shine and not be lost in the super man or super boy shuffle.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    See I’m a person who is fine with multiple people sharing names, I’ve read plenty of comics by now that I’m used to it and honestly sometimes trying to come up with a unique name doesn’t exactly work in ones favor. So if we can have multiple Flashes and Green Lanterns I’m saying multiple Superboys.

That said I would like another outcome, if we have indeed restored continuity and history of Conner I say we acknowledge that he’s close to 18 through 20 (comics are hard to tell age wise) and we make Conner the second Superman. “I’ve been around long enough that maybe I’m a little old to go by Superboy”
    I think kon has outgrown the boy name now, and DC isn't giving kon the MAN name, so he needs another road to take.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I don't like multiple people sharing names because I think it makes fan infighting more common (see the Robins and GLs), especially when only one can be used in any given external media (they aren't as used to multiples sharing a name). Which means people fight over which one it should be and hate on the one that got it if it wasn't their fave. Also, this spreads to writers, where they will put down others who had the title to make the one they are writing more impressive. And, for many there is only one who the Batman or Superman. And it won't be Kon. And this is even worse with the mainstream audience and movies, because Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne are names known to the general public.

And, as a mundane aside, it can sometimes be annoying when searching tags for fic or tumblr posts or whatever.

Bu for Kon, particularly, I think it's very against what he should be. He was created to be a replacement Superman. Being his own hero instead - not being Superman - choosing his own path and defining his own (sueprhero) identity instead of the one chosen for him could be a great coming of age moment for him. Big theme in his early stories. I also don't like "Scion" because because that is a term where the family/parent defines them - an offshoot or descendant - instead of an independent title defined by self.

I understand the business reasons, I do, but philosophically, I want young heroes (in-universe) to make their own names as great and famous as the first gen did theirs. That first gen made their names the legends they were, and I like the idea that the younger generations are just as capable.

Conner is doing alright now with YJ and Titans, but I can see them steering toward Jon way more in the future, and I don't want 2 superboys trying to get the same spotlight, and knowing as a kon fan that he won't win,just because the other is supermans actual son, and not caise he is actually better.

That mundane aside is a thing now,and I would rather he have his own seprerate and unique name and character from others for this and a Million other reasons.

Scion is cool for those thst kon should be close to his family, and Synergy is cool for those who want him to be different than the other SUPERs, both are cool to me.

Kon deserved better than the bland nowhere going YJ series.he looked silly,acted more hurt than any other character,even though he is the most invulnerable, and was a shell of his past self.this last issue was blah

Hey Capullo and Snyder brought in Conner, who apparently is using laser vision as he lifts his shades.

EmMReOOXUAUHNOF.jpg
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Hey Capullo and Snyder brought in Conner, who apparently is using laser vision as he lifts his shades.

EmMReOOXUAUHNOF.jpg

Which issue is this from?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Which issue is this from?
    Upcoming issue. Capullo is still drawing the final issues of Death Metal.

If Kon were to switch costumes again, would you guys want to keep the “punk” aesthetic or go a different route? Me I love that look. It’s something uniquely Kon’s that no other character can claim. I think every design of his going forward should keep the haircut and the leather jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Upcoming issue. Capullo is still drawing the final issues of Death Metal.

If Kon were to switch costumes again, would you guys want to keep the “punk” aesthetic or go a different route? Me I love that look. It’s something uniquely Kon’s that no other character can claim. I think every design of his going forward should keep the haircut and the leather jacket.

I was alive and kicking back when he had his 1st series, and it was my favorite comic every month bar none, and I am totally OK with him losing the undercut, spikes, chains, holes, etc anything else. I do want the jacket and gloves to stay for sure, the rest can be a mix of this and his black S tshirt and combat boots

So how would any of you have Conners

Look-

Powers-

Attitude-

Be?

Look - I’d keep the haircut he has right now, and the leather jacket, but also give him the t-shirt and jeans look from Johns. Also let him wear the shades!

Powers - Hmm I like the tactical telekinesis but I’m also ok with the typical Kryptonian power set for him. Maybe say that in exchange for his telekinesis, his skin isn’t as tough as a regular Kryptonian? Feel like that’s a fair trade off.

Attitude - Definitely should be way more irreverent towards Clark and Lex. I like Kon as the guy who enjoys the celebrity of being a hero, it helps him stand out from the rest of the Super Family who are more humble. He enjoys being a hero, doesn’t want a “normal” life (could attribute that to the Luthor side of him if you wanted lol), and prefers his superhero identity over his secret identity. Of the Family I think Kon would be the most supportive of Clark going public, and Kon himself I think would prefer to be open about who and what he is.