Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Hello,

I remember that once Kon El lifted a castle.

I think it was to save the castle from lava or so.

Do anyone knows more of it and remember if he did that really alone?

I know that he did that with TTK alone, so it would be his biggest strenght feat so far, even he did it before gaining Kryptonian Superpowers.

does someone know if this was better described in a book or was it suddenly?

I mean was there like a page where it was described, for example that the Kryptonian DNS has evolved etc.?
    Because before Kon El was scanned and he was HUMAN and not Half-Kryptonian, so I wonder if this change was ever described in a book.

I am not sure how to explain it, but I have questions:

a) He was first considered a HUMAN with META-HUMAN powers, who was designed to be as close to Superman as possible.
    Then he was displayed as Half-Human, Half-Kryptonian.
    My question is now:
    Was it ever explained how his body really works?

I mean he was designed to absorb sunlight like Superman does as he was created as Human.

Does this mean that he is half-human, but his human DNS is also so close to Superman that also his human DNA can absorb the sunlight?

I mean this would make him theoretically closer to Superman as Jonathan, who is really Half-Human, while Conners Human DNA was designed to be as close to Superman as possible...

b) Did he ever used TTK to push up his Kryptonian Powers?
    I mean Martian Manhunter can do that and NEW52 Superboy did that also.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So I guess it’s not an automatic recognition/remembering when Superman first sees Conner in their reintroduction, guess that might be a bit awkward for Conner when he calls himself Superboy or gets called Superboy in front of him this issue.
    Yes, like at the time when he met the ToT Superman (Conner).

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    I think it was done in nu52. Met a bunch of different versions of himself.
    Were that all Versions of CONNER??? or were that Versions of Conner and Jonathan or all Versions of Jonathan?

I would rather mention the BLACK ZERO Storyline, where he really met many Versions of himself, including BLACK ZERO himself.

I mean is it really that hard to believe that Conner may be not feeling all that great after being lost in another universe for who knows how long, erased from history and forgotten by those who cared about him, and then after finally making it back being forced into another alternate reality. Personally, I can buy them having Conner go "I am having a **** day and need a minute."
    Yes, I was more speaking about the whole series so far.

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    Honestly as mixed as I've been on Tom King as of late if he still wants to do something with Superboy and has an actual vision and direction for his character I'm game to see it at this point.

As excited as I was for Conner's return in YJ it's felt like a waste of a comeback, the first issue sets-up his re-emergence as the main driving arc of the series to be explored and explained going forward only to do almost neither of those things for month's on end, a potentially interesting development with having gained a family since his absence proves to be nothing but a red herring that's quickly forgotten, his overall presence in the book is lacking with him going many issues not doing or saying anything of note and even the emotional aspect of him being reunited with friends again is underdeveloped, you definitely wouldn't know him and Cassie were previously a couple or him and Tim are best friends going by this book alone given how rarely this old tight-knit group have been shown having an actual conversations with each other.

And to top it off a year in and he's in the exact same position he was at the start of the book (trapped in another dimension with his friends needing to rescue him) and having undergone no real development or growth since then there's not even a contrast in seeing how far he's come or changed since beforehand to be explored in such a blatantly repetitive scenario, to me it's all just further proof that this book is purposely dragging it's feet.
    Yes I feel similar...

I was hoping that Pre-Flashpoint Timeline would get (mostly) restored so that Conner would come back as older Version of the Johns Teen Titans Conner.
    So muscular look, looking older and recognized as LEGEND and as ROLEMODEL for the younger heroes.

With his statue returned in Metropolis etc.

I was also hoping that his return would be more spectacular...like for example there was the time when Superman was temporarily blind and was attacked and he was saved by Superwoman,Luthor......

I thought this would have been for example a cool moment to bring Conner back, to save Superman...

If it’s okay I want to talk about Conner in action comics today, it’s early so I’ll use spoilers

spoilers:
    Basically the issue address what we already knew, no one outside Young Justice recognizes or remembers Conner, not even Superman when Conner flat out tells him his name is Conner Kent. So looks like recognition is gonna take some time, but hey Superman knows he’s alive now.

But what works on Superman works on the villains too, as Superman uses Conner as a secret weapon in this issue at Conner’s suggestion. Apparently the Legion of Doom prepared for Superman to be alone when they attacked Metropolis so Conner showing up threw off there plans. Essentially since no one knows he exists, not even Luthor or Brainiac, while Superman fought the Legion of Doom Conner went and knocked the Legion of Doom headquarters right into the ocean to stop it’s attack. Pretty cool moment for Conner and hell of away to use retconned existence to your tactical advantage.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Yeah.spoilers:
    Stupid villains thought they were safe with Supergirl off world and Superboy gone. Unlucky for them that they didn't know about there being a second Superboy!
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah.spoilers:
    Stupid villains thought they were safe with Supergirl off world and Superboy gone. Unlucky for them that they didn't know about there being a second Superboy!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Even worse for Luthor is for when he remembers/realizes he made Conner. That's what is truly hilarious about this issue is that Luthor does not remember that he is responsible for the creation of the Superboy who just screwed up their plans, its comical in a way.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Mighty Member

spoilers:
    Even worse for Luthor is for when he remembers/realizes he made Conner. That's what is truly hilarious about this issue is that Luthor does not remember that he is responsible for the creation of the Superboy who just screwed up their plans, its comical in a way.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Luthor gave the DNA, but the responsible one was Paul Westfield or?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    spoilers:
    Luthor gave the DNA, but the responsible one was Paul Westfield or?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I mean Luthor still had some hand in his creation. I just think its funny that the one Kryptonian that he didn't/couldn't account for when attacking the city was the one he had a hand in making.
    end of spoilers
    Words to live by.

Mighty Member

spoilers:
    I mean Luthor still had some hand in his creation. I just think its funny that the one Kryptonian that he didn't/couldn't account for when attacking the city was the one he had a hand in making.
    end of spoilers
    I dont know if its still necessary to put it into Spoilers but I do...

spoilers:
    This issue shows also Conners BIG PROBLEM: His whole career is forgotten and he has to "restart" it...It puts a lot away of his star-appeal..
    end of spoilers

You realise what that means? If his history is forgotten, then the problems that forced him to leave Hawaii will be gone - he became a pariah after getting blamed for Tana Moon's death and already had a bad reputation for causing property damage during his time there. Tana will probably now be alive again, but that leads to the downside - neither she nor his "sister" Roxy Leech will remember him, nor will anyone else he used to know. SB has lost everything.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

You realise what that means? If his history is forgotten, then the problems that forced him to leave Hawaii will be gone - he became a pariah after getting blamed for Tana Moon's death and already had a bad reputation for causing property damage during his time there. Tana will probably now be alive again, but that leads to the downside - neither she nor his "sister" Roxy Leech will remember him, nor will anyone else he used to know. SB has lost everything.
    It’s been so long since that I’m not really sure if anyone really remembers that iteration of Conner, he’s been associated with Young Justice and the Teen Titans for about two decades now that I’m not really sure if anyone really wants to play with his old life in Hawaii anymore.

At best I’d suspect that we would just see him reconnect with Ma and Pa Kent and Superman and his family since he’s already reestablished his history with his friends in the pages of Young Justice.
    Words to live by.

There's also Cadmus of course - in particular Guardian (Jim Harper) and Dubbilex. Do those two even exist in current continuity?

Question: Has the DCnU 52 version of Kon been completely retconned away? I wasn't a major fan of that version of him but I did like somethings about him.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

There's also Cadmus of course - in particular Guardian (Jim Harper) and Dubbilex. Do those two even exist in current continuity?
    I think Guardian was in the last issue of Event Leviathan, I believe he is currently working for Leviathan/Mark Shaw. No idea about Dubbilex.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Question: Has the DCnU 52 version of Kon been completely retconned away? I wasn't a major fan of that version of him but I did like somethings about him.
    Yeah pretty much. I have yet to see in the current iteration of Young Justice or even the brief appearance in Action Comics any indication of a reference to that era of Conner Kent. As far as I’m aware the current story is, Conner existed as he was before Flashpoint as a high school student in Kansas and friends with Young Justice team possibly Geoff Johns era of Teen Titans, he got knocked into Gemworld by Starlabs, universe was altered and they forgot him, then they found him and he’s part of the universe again, but only people who remember him right now are Young Justice. That’s Conner’s current history as far as I can tell.
    Last edited by sifighter; 03-03-2020 at 06:31 AM.
    Words to live by.

Superman Reborn did seem to completely erase him as Superman didn't remember a Superboy existing at all.

Though tomorrow's Flash #750 spoilers:
    does have an appearance from New 52 Conner, as Wally sees the origins of both the original and New 52 Teen Titans. Makes me wonder if there's now going to be TWO Kon-Els running around.
    end of spoilers

Superman Reborn did seem to completely erase him as Superman didn't remember a Superboy existing at all.
    I'm kinda upset that this happened. I liked the relationship between Kon and Clark prior to the DCnU 52 reboot and I would have liked for that to remain. I think that can act as a nice story-line, where we see Kon learn to live/cope with the fact that Superman and the rest of the Super-Family no longer remembers who he is.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!