Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I prefer that version of Kon as well. I picked up the first few issues of Young Justice but ended up dropping it as it just wasn't for me. I would love a solo for him but I just don't see it happening any time soon.
    Not a Solo-Series, because I didnt like his last Solo-Series (after he came back and lived in Smallville with Martha Kent and Krypto and went to Smallville School).
    BUT I would LOVE a Series of Cassie,Conner and Bart...aged up to the age of 20 and living in a house in Hawaii.

So more the ToT Versions (heroic versions) with different Code-Names and Outfits.

This would be the perfect solution because you can bring elements of Kessel Conner in Hawaii, Johns TT Conner back and mix them:
    from Kessel Superboy: freedom (outside of Smallville),TTK, characters like Roxy, Knockout etc. etc. with the attitude of this Superboy Version
    from Johns TT Superboy: power level and history, Cassie and Conner relationship,....

It would also help the other 2....

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Not a Solo-Series, because I didnt like his last Solo-Series (after he came back and lived in Smallville with Martha Kent and Krypto and went to Smallville School).
    BUT I would LOVE a Series of Cassie,Conner and Bart...aged up to the age of 20 and living in a house in Hawaii.

So more the ToT Versions (heroic versions) with different Code-Names and Outfits.

This would be the perfect solution because you can bring elements of Kessel Conner in Hawaii, Johns TT Conner back and mix them:
    from Kessel Superboy: freedom (outside of Smallville),TTK, characters like Roxy, Knockout etc. etc. with the attitude of this Superboy Version
    from Johns TT Superboy: power level and history, Cassie and Conner relationship,....

It would also help the other 2....

I like your last paragraph, besides thinking he needs to still trash talk bad guys.

OK kon fans this is something I would spend good $ on to have, it's insanely awesome.
    https://www.zbrushcentral.com/t/supe...nEtVExTxYim5Q8
    Last edited by SuperX; 05-12-2020 at 04:53 PM.

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Who drew that, it looks great. It kind of reminds me of Travis Moore’s art style, but I can’t be sure.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Who drew that, it looks great. It kind of reminds me of Travis Moore’s art style, but I can’t be sure.
    I'm not 100% sure. I found it while just browsing online but couldn't find the artist's name.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Astonishing Member

Honestly it’s probably a difference in eras from when I started reading because I never knew Hawaii Superboy, I knew the Superboy who was living with Ma and Pa Kent in Kansas and was dating Wondergirl. Not sure what’s the version people like though, guess we will see what they do later on.
    It may be a "generational" thing. I grew up reading comics in the '90s so I liked Hawaii Superboy. I hated having Kon-El in Smallville because he was basically reliving some of Kal's greatest hits within the Superman mythos (and the boring ones if we're being honest). He seemed like more his own thing in the '90s series. A little cockier and more rough around the edges, but unique within the Superman mythos. I think there's a TPB of that run. You should check it out if it interests you.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    It may be a "generational" thing. I grew up reading comics in the '90s so I liked Hawaii Superboy. I hated having Kon-El in Smallville because he was basically reliving some of Kal's greatest hits within the Superman mythos (and the boring ones if we're being honest). He seemed like more his own thing in the '90s series. A little cockier and more rough around the edges, but unique within the Superman mythos. I think there's a TPB of that run. You should check it out if it interests you.
    Yes there is a kind of collection..

But also during this time he had kind of drastic changes:

He was very clever once, Tim Drake said to YJ that his name is Alvin Drapier, which was a Code-Name for him..Conner just looked at him and said that its NOT his real name, because a teenager would use Al or Vince or so not Alvin.
    Then he started to become more a clown with his paperbag Bat-Mask making fun of Batman and disturbing Robin during his patrol..

I prefer a mix, because the shirt version is more powerful, was more respected etc.
    the only thing which I was missing is him being more vivid and him using more TTK and the leather-Jacket..

I prefer the Geoff John's version of Superboy the most as well. I liked that he was somewhat less clownish than his 90s self. I also liked that he began to develop his Kryptonian abilities like heat-vision and x-ray vision. I still like his 90s Hawaii/YJ era tho.
    Last edited by nj06; 06-04-2020 at 08:09 AM.

Yeah I don’t dislike the 90’s/non t-shirt and Jeans version of his costume, it works for him as one of his signature looks and it’s kind of iconic. Heck his current one in Young Justice works for me, though maybe tone down the shoulder spikes. He can look cool with a leather jacket, he doesn’t need to be edgy.

6F544735-E3CD-4194-BCC2-1E70B7785DC4.jpg
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

what's this angle with Kon-El being married with a child? When did it happen? just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what's this angle with Kon-El being married with a child? When did it happen? just curious.
    Oh that didn't actually happen. Conner landed in Gemworld and to protect a mother who lost her husband he pretended to be her husband to protect her and her kid. They lived a life together for a little while until Young Justice found him and brought him back.
    Words to live by.

I want BOTH of these badly.if anyone here can help me get these I would appreciate so much, these are amazing.

Yeah I don’t dislike the 90’s/non t-shirt and Jeans version of his costume, it works for him as one of his signature looks and it’s kind of iconic. Heck his current one in Young Justice works for me, though maybe tone down the shoulder spikes. He can look cool with a leather jacket, he doesn’t need to be edgy.

6F544735-E3CD-4194-BCC2-1E70B7785DC4.jpg
    I agree about the shoulder spikes being a little too much. I would certainly be ok if they were taken away. I'm not a huge fan of the leather jacket anymore either. It worked in the 90s but I'm ready for him to leave it behind.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I agree about the shoulder spikes being a little too much. I would certainly be ok if they were taken away. I'm not a huge fan of the leather jacket anymore either. It worked in the 90s but I'm ready for him to leave it behind.
    Weirdly enough, I think the jacket would work great with the T-shirt look, even though its arguably the most iconic item that separate the two looks.

Though I’ve been thinking a full “fusion” outfit would work even better - replace the simple black T-shirt with a slightly more detailed costume shirt, and detail the jacket a bit.

I honestly think a lot of mileage could come from using the jacket and glasses for some “let’s get dangerous” moments when they come off.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP