Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Congratulations, DC Animation! Justice League Dark Apokolips War is Cheetah's most embarrassing appearance in outside media to date. Even DCAU and Batman: Animal Instincts treated her with more dignity.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Congratulations, DC Animation! Justice League Dark Apokolips War is Cheetah's most embarrassing appearance in outside media to date. Even DCAU and Batman: Animal Instincts treated her with more dignity.
    Oh god, do I even want to know?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Oh god, do I even want to know?
    spoilers:
    She becomes one of Harley's lackeys and gets killed by a normal human soldier with normal bullets. I wish I was kidding
    end of spoilers

I saw a clip of it on youtube and yeah, it's pretty bad. I dunno that it's the most embarrassing, since she has some god awful appearances, but it's up there.

Thankfully, I'm sure WW84 will treat her much better and be seen by WAY more people

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    spoilers:
    She becomes one of Harley's lackeys and gets killed by a normal human soldier with normal bullets. I wish I was kidding
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    To be fair, several other well known villains were part of Harley's Suicide Squad in this movie including Black Manta, King Shark, Captain Boomerang, & Bane. I have no excuses for Cheetah being killed by ordinary bullets though.
    end of spoilers
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I love Cheetah stories. I think Elizabeth Hurley would make a superb Cheetah.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 05-07-2020 at 05:52 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Bumping this thread, has there been any recent updates with Cheetah in the comics? I’m a bit behind and hoping they give her back her long hair in the Cheetah form.

Also hope WW84 redeems Barbara as a competent threat in media adaptations. It’s infuriating how she’s supposed to be considered one of the main WW villains in the DC Universe, and the only proper faithful media adaptations we got that weren’t completely disrespectful were the Injustice 2 and Justice League Doomed versions (Where she’s actually portrayed as intelligent, godly powerful, an equal to WW and actually British.)
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Bumping this thread, has there been any recent updates with Cheetah in the comics? I’m a bit behind and hoping they give her back her long hair in the Cheetah form.

Also hope WW84 redeems Barbara as a competent threat in media adaptations. It’s infuriating how she’s supposed to be considered one of the main WW villains in the DC Universe, and the only proper faithful media adaptations we got that weren’t completely disrespectful were the Injustice 2 and Justice League Doomed versions (Where she’s actually portrayed as intelligent, godly powerful, an equal to WW and actually British.)
    I don't think anything super interesting has happened with her recently. Last good thing we got was the short Rucka and Scott story in #750.

As far as the movie goes, I think it will accomplish its job of giving her an arc and making her a compelling antagonist/anti-villain that you care about. If nothing else, I expect her to be better received than Eisenberg's Lex or Leto's Joker, though that's a low bar to clear.

I don't think anything super interesting has happened with her recently. Last good thing we got was the short Rucka and Scott story in #750.

As far as the movie goes, I think it will accomplish its job of giving her an arc and making her a compelling antagonist/anti-villain that you care about. If nothing else, I expect her to be better received than Eisenberg's Lex or Leto's Joker, though that's a low bar to clear.
    Would be rather ironic given Cheetah’s usual treatment in prior media adaptations compared to Lex and Joker.
    Last edited by Gaius; 12-03-2020 at 05:59 PM.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

5366EA8C-C5CB-4A55-8BF6-FEF8CD136F01.jpg
    I’m stanning for the Debbie Domaine incarnation.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

My only issue is with the way she apparently goes down in 84. I hope that doesn'taffect (in a negative way) the way other writers will use her i the future. Because it's just as bad as her being taken out by bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Would be rather ironic given Cheetah’s usual treatment in prior media adaptations compared to Lex and Joker.
    It sucks that THIS is how it had to come about, but yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    My only issue is with the way she apparently goes down in 84. I hope that doesn'taffect (in a negative way) the way other writers will use her i the future. Because it's just as bad as her being taken out by bullets.
    I think this should be reserved for the spoiler thread.

It sucks that THIS is how it had to come about, but yeah...

I think this should be reserved for the spoiler thread.
    Yeah, at least from the trailers they seem to have Cheetah written to suit Wiig's strengths compared to whatever the hell Lex and Joker were going for.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    She's still regularly appearing alongside the Legion of Doom in Justice League. Though I think they're over following Lex. No change to her design of course.