Incredible Member

Default Wonder Woman: The Prisoner of Christmas Island

I came across this on a casual Internet search, and I'd never heard it. Is this based on a Golden Age story, or was it written for this record? Brunhilde is the main villain, though she isn't mentioned in the credits.

DC Christmas stories.jpg

THE PRISONER OF CHRISTMAS ISLAND
    As the world prepares to celebrate Christmas, a powerful nuclear submarine sails under the polar ice-cap to the North Pole. A laser drill cuts a hole up thru the ice, thru which Von Richter, captain of the sub, enters the village above and kidnaps Santa Claus, taking him to Christmas Island, a barren atoll in the mid-Pacific. Only Wonder Woman can rescue him."

Here's a link to a page with recordings of the first 8 minutes of all three stories.

It's only the first 8 minutes, though. However does WW save Santa Clause from Brunhilde & Von Richter?

Wait! You can hear the rest here!
    Last edited by Frank; 12-25-2020 at 08:58 AM.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I have this record! To show my advanced years...I was about 8 or maybe 9 when it came out. Santa brought a new record player. When I woke up it was playing. Currently it stands on a shelf in my hobby room.

I used to own this record also. As for OP’s question was it based on a Golden Age tale, that I don’t know.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.