Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Yea but they think Diana should be with Bruce or Clark because they are well known. I find it interesting Steve’s animated cameos or appearances are far more interesting. I really want a reason why Steve wanted to be in military. Or his family. I think one of his family was evil. Give him his own rival.
    Maybe it's just me!! But it seem some have issues with Military service!! What's wrong with serving your country or having a sense of duty??? Instead of what you see so much of now, making excuses and not holding anyone accountable for their action. That's the world we live in now!!
    Last edited by lotchj; 11-02-2020 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    Maybe it's just me!! But it seem some have issues with Military service!! What's wrong with serving your country or having a sense of duty??? Instead of what you see so much of now, making excuses and not holding anyone accountable for their action. That's the world we live in now!!
    I'm sorry, I mainly lurk this forum but I have to ask, why do you end almost all of your sentences in 2 exclamation points?

Extraordinary Member

Only 6 pages I see, but then when you’ve got the comic and the movie backing you up you don’t need to search for love

Still, they deserve a bit more attention ��

9813ECC9-D3A7-44ED-A04F-B9C9E1766C86.jpg
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Only 6 pages I see, but then when you’ve got the comic and the movie backing you up you don’t need to search for love

Still, they deserve a bit more attention ��

9813ECC9-D3A7-44ED-A04F-B9C9E1766C86.jpg
    Not much to go on since the movie’s been delayed and Wilson broke them up.

Sorry for the delay, but let me be clear.

This is a Diana/Steve Appreciation thread.

Not an Orion Appreciation thread, nor is it a 'Steve sucks' thread.

If you don't love Diana & Steve and/or don't have anything good to say about them, this isn't the thread for you.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Not much to go on since the movie’s been delayed and Wilson broke them up.
    Break ups just mean their relationship isn’t stagnant like some I could mention

Meanwhile, even Mattel loves them

07A70276-67D5-4D0A-A721-775679EA2D16.jpg
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post

Meanwhile, even Mattel loves them

07A70276-67D5-4D0A-A721-775679EA2D16.jpg

Gotta say "no" - I could do without the endless makeups and breakups for characters. It is totally possible to write good stories with stable couples. But the breaking up and getting (back) together is easy drama. I think I'm just too old for it now. I remember liking some shows in my teens and early twenties and when I go back an watch them now, it's just entirely frustrating to watch two characters spend half the season working up to being a couple, then break up two episodes after they get together, then do it all over again.

I do like Diana and Steve, in concept, though. One thing I think that worked well in the golden age, and then again in the movie is what they did with Steve. With (physically) powerful women in fiction, there are two tendencies. The first is that she must be dominated by man even more physically powerful than her. The second is her lover must lack the traditional masculine virtues considered sexually attractive and certainly considered pros for action heroes. People (including DC writers) really like to go that second way. They want Steve to not be fighter, to be less brave, to be less sure of himself, to be shorter even. To be, in many ways, less traditionally masculine. Emasculated even, at times. Whereas originally, he was a war hero. Strong and smart and brave and definitely perceived as a catch and a good fighter. Who still wasn't as good a fighter as Diana. And that was okay. It did not generally bother him. He was comfortable with what she could do and admired and respected her. He didn't have to be "less" (less brave, less strong, etc.) to make her more. She was more already, and the hero of the book. And that's something the movie did well. He was amazing and a hero in his own right. And still did not hold a candle to her capabilities. And he wasn't threatened or insecure about that. I loved that.

And you can say a man isn't less manly for not being a fighter, and that's true. But this is an action comic book. And he was a man of action, originally. I will disdain making him weaker and pathetic the same way I do the same thing being done to Lois (silver age, not a good era for them), who also started out gutsy and determined. And besides that, there's the messaging in a man being with a woman stronger than himself still being a respected and admired man to the outside world for his own achievements.

Yea Steve was still respect despite Diana being stronger than him. This is why in a sense I would like it if Steve did get to take down the JL he would be the military. Not only that but if he also had his own magical artifacts also helps.

Mighty Member

What's the status currently in WW book with Diana/Steve? I really hope the current and future writers put them together and keep them together. It sucks how Clark and Lois can be iconic and Lois be a well written character, have a family with Clark, and yet Stiana can't be the same or writers just choose to sidestep Steve. Shoot ask anyone on the street who Steve Trevor is and the answer is Wonder Woman's boyfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    What's the status currently in WW book with Diana/Steve? I really hope the current and future writers put them together and keep them together. It sucks how Clark and Lois can be iconic and Lois be a well written character, have a family with Clark, and yet Stiana can't be the same or writers just choose to sidestep Steve. Shoot ask anyone on the street who Steve Trevor is and the answer is Wonder Woman's boyfriend.
    Still broken up, though he’s popped up in some flashbacks and with some semi-consistent appearances in the AoP book (though that’s out of continuity).

GA Diana and Steve - George Perez