Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Looks like something planned for Diana and Steve in the opening Sensational Wonder Woman issue.

You all think we can ever see a good Steve Trevor in the comics?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    To be honest, I doubt it. Most comic writers are very weak at romance and those that aren't are not usually hired by the big two. The ones that do sadly don't make it to Diana very often. Lastly, DC isn't very interested in him so it's just unlikely.

But it'd be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Once they start taking influence from the DCEU version yeah, I think we’ll get a good Trevor. Everyone’s saying one of the best parts of the WW movies is the chemistry between Gadot and Pine.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Once they start taking influence from the DCEU version yeah, I think we’ll get a good Trevor. Everyone’s saying one of the best parts of the WW movies is the chemistry between Gadot and Pine.
    They have had two and a half years and several writers since the 2017 movie. The only writer who made a hint towards exploring Steve's and Diana's relationship so far has been Wilson (and note that while she broke them up, that was part of a larger plot point, and having Atlantiades ascend to becoming the freaking god of love due to recognising Steve's and Diana's love for each other ought to be a huge freaking clue that Wilson intended Steve and Diana to get back together).

So I'm rather pessimistic on the DCEU alone. Now that a lot of the old guard at DC is largely gone we might get to see some movement there, but the current plan of running a Diana far in the future is another huge hurdle for writing them together.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

The movies have made their romance beautiful, but so tragic.
    I was really hoping there would be an excuse for Steve to use the Steve Howard alias, just as a nod to the 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    I was really hoping there would be an excuse for Steve to use the Steve Howard alias, just as a nod to the 70s.
    Their final moment together was done really well.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Their final moment together was done really well.
    spoilers:
    Really was. Honestly, while their chemistry on screen is so damn strong, that scene was just too much to undo. Honestly, both times Steve had to sacrifice himself are excellent. I know Pine is signed on for multiple films, but perhaps he should stay dead. If he and Diana get to be together in the end like Cap and Peggy, where it's just a stinger, maybe... But honestly she should move on. Their story really was beautiful and I'm satisfied even though they can't be together. These movies are the first time that relationship really clicked for me, and frankly Steve always has something to contribute without stealing the show from Diana. Excellent use of Steve Trevor and very well-played.

I wish the comics could replicate that with Diana and Steve because I'm convinced now more than ever that they're great together.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    spoilers:
    Really was. Honestly, while their chemistry on screen is so damn strong, that scene was just too much to undo. Honestly, both times Steve had to sacrifice himself are excellent. I know Pine is signed on for multiple films, but perhaps he should stay dead. If he and Diana get to be together in the end like Cap and Peggy, where it's just a stinger, maybe... But honestly she should move on. Their story really was beautiful and I'm satisfied even though they can't be together. These movies are the first time that relationship really clicked for me, and frankly Steve always has something to contribute without stealing the show from Diana. Excellent use of Steve Trevor and very well-played.

I wish the comics could replicate that with Diana and Steve because I'm convinced now more than ever that they're great together.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, if Pine comes back it should only be as clear illusion/dream thing by a villain.

Nice tragic element, probably unsurprising but reminded of the Superman/Lois dynamic from the first two Reeve Superman films
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    spoilers:
    Yeah, if Pine comes back it should only be as clear illusion/dream thing by a villain.

Nice tragic element, probably unsurprising but reminded of the Superman/Lois dynamic from the first two Reeve Superman films
    end of spoilers
    Honestly, this movie and Shazam are the only superhero movies of late that remind of why I love DC Superheroes. They find a way to embody the characters very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    spoilers:

end of spoilers
    The problem with the two movies is that the first took place a century ago, in 1984 Steve would have been dead by then. So to solve it they have him die and bring him back through creative means. Even if they brought back Steve with his own body for WW84 it would always be restricted to 36 years ago. In a possible third movie that takes place in present times, there would have been the same problem of Steve's age. So its possible they will try and bring him back for good in a third movie, although it would be a repeat of this movie somehow. Not sure how they can do or if they will do it. But Steve Trevor is an important part of the Wonder Woman mythos. With all respect for those who ship Diana with Superman or even Batman, its forced.
    It has should always be Lois Lane/Clark Kent, Bruce Wayne/Selina, Arthur Curry/Mera, Diana and Steve Trevor.

Perhaps Flashpoint will find a way to bring Steveback?
    I'd love for Steve to return if it was written well. I think it would be challenging to do that well given the story so far. An AU Steve in Flashpoint would be the easiest way to do that, for a temporary return.