Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post

Her Savage Avengers appearance is pretty standard - not bad, not substantive, she gets to interact/share panel time with new characters or those she otherwise doesn't really interact with.
    Agreed.

But I love Zircher's Elektra.
    elektra.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    Completely agree, I would like that ending to the character (and it can't happen fast enough)

I disagree, I loved every version of her that Chechetto drew in this issue. I thought the ponytail look was a really sophisticated look fitting for Elektra especially compared to the plain look of her in civilian clothes from last weeks issue.

Really excited to see where this is all headed. I am genuinely curious to see if Elektra, while being Daredevil, begins to truly understand why Hell's Kitchen and it's people are so important to him (and why Matt and Daredevil are important to them).
    Sometimes less is more. I preferred the courtroom scene look more than the ponytail look. It was a lot... though I’m sure different colors would have made it look better.

I do think this could bring some change to Elektra that feels earned and not just... “New Elektra book!” Like her last one. Also, it’s nice to see the Elektra thread getting some attention today (more than The Man Without Fear’s thread is getting...)
    Last edited by vitaminbee; 12-02-2020 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Agreed.

But I love Zircher's Elektra.
    elektra.jpg
    I actually kinda like the changes he incorporated to her costume.

I also like that she and Nat shared some time together... just a shame he used Nat like that for the distraction

I actually kinda like the changes he incorporated to her costume.

I also like that she and Nat shared some time together... just a shame he used Nat like that for the distraction
    I'm really not a big fan of Duggan's writing.
    Last edited by Winterboy; 12-03-2020 at 09:25 PM.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

It's rather jarring to have Elektra refer to Matt as "one of her lessers" when in Daredevil she's trying to honor his legacy. But that's what happens with multiple appearances written by different people.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It's rather jarring to have Elektra refer to Matt as "one of her lessers" when in Daredevil she's trying to honor his legacy. But that's what happens with multiple appearances written by different people.
    Is that from Savage Avengers? Not reading that book

I'd find that an odd thing to say in general. I always got the impression that Elektra felt Matt was wasting his talents more so than him not being her equal. What was the context of her saying that?

It's Elektra - she has straight up said she's doing what she's doing because she needs him lol.

Granted, I think Elektra will tap more into whatever reserve of empathy she has while she's the new Daredevil, but I totally buy her still thinking of herself as his superior at this point.

Side note, we need a tracker for how often she's called him a fool/idiot in just Zdarsky's run alone lol

It's Elektra - she has straight up said she's doing what she's doing because she needs him lol.

Granted, I think Elektra will tap more into whatever reserve of empathy she has while she's the new Daredevil, but I totally buy her still thinking of herself as his superior at this point.

Side note, we need a tracker for how often she's called him a fool/idiot in just Zdarsky's run alone lol
    I honestly believe we are going to see a change in Elektra, we already got some hints of it in the last Daredevil issue. You mention her calling Matt a fool (which you are right we do need a counter for that, lol!), yet she does it right after helping that homeless woman. Does that make her a fool for helping her? She had just called Hell's Kitchen a waste. I think she may continue to deny it in her self; however, I do see her developing more empathy as Daredevil.

Mighty Member

I didn't see it as trying to honor his legacy, in DD. She's play-acting at being what Matt says the Kitchen needs so that he'll trust her enough to go along with her plan. She's being every bit as manipulative as Matt accused her of being earlier in the issue. Particularly in light of the flashback at the end of the issue, which most certainly seems to be suggesting that her plan, though born of good intentions, is more nefarious than she has let on.

Daredevil and Elektra
    by
    Fredbenes

I caught up on Black Widow this weekend, and apparently BW considers Elektra someone who would want her "off the board", despite very clearly working together as allies in Savage Avengers.

So either BW actually takes place before SA, or we've got another fun continuity goof lol

Edit: page for reference

spoilers:
    Screenshot_20201205-213406_Comics.jpg
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by tsaimelemoni; 12-05-2020 at 08:36 PM.

when's the last time Elektra met Blade for a team up?

I caught up on Black Widow this weekend, and apparently BW considers Elektra someone who would want her "off the board", despite very clearly working together as allies in Savage Avengers.

So either BW actually takes place before SA, or we've got another fun continuity goof lol

Edit: page for reference

spoilers:
    Screenshot_20201205-213406_Comics.jpg
    end of spoilers
    I think it's just the writer/artist thinking they should be enemies and remembering their cool fight in Marjorie Liu's BW book.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    To my knowledge, I dont think they have ever met.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I don't think they've met, but I'd be down with Elektra staking vamps with Blade!