Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Yeah, it was a "you could replace her with anyone and it wouldnt make a difference" sort of situation. Honestly, I wish they'd make a covert Avengers lineup (a Mission Impossible sort of series) and have her on something like that. This Savage Avengers is not doing her any sort of favors. She seems to be the token female hero who gets very little to do in the series... from what I've seen.

What you've seen is correct. What's more annoying is Duggan wrote her very well for her guest arc in Uncanny Avengers and his whole run on that book was great. This book feels editorially mandated to try and make Conan more popular and make what Marvel paid for the licence worthwhile. And it isn't as like I said, he is the worst part of it. Making a covert Avengers team out of the original line up, minus the barbarian would be great! Not going to happen though.

I'm really trying to like Savage Avengers, but it is not an easy mission.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    I'm really trying to like Savage Avengers, but it is not an easy mission.
    SAME!!!! More Elektra, Voodoo and the original crew (plus Black Widow seeing as she was in the annual) and less Conan and Dr Strange please.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    SAME!!!! More Elektra, Voodoo and the original crew (plus Black Widow seeing as she was in the annual) and less Conan and Dr Strange please.
    Black Widow will show up in the next arc but unfortunately I think that Conan will stay forever.

Awful "talking English" Conan.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Black Widow will show up in the next arc but unfortunately I think that Conan will stay forever.

Awful "talking English" Conan.
    I know! We are definitely stuck with him. I hope Elektra and Black Widow leave so I'll have the excuse to drop it.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    I know! We are definitely stuck with him. I hope Elektra and Black Widow leave so I'll have the excuse to drop it.
    Same here.

We need a Wet Works team ASAP.

wet works team.jpg

That team would be amazing!!!!

If anyone is playing MUA3, they're adding Elektra's ultimate costume. Doesn't look too bad, honestly.

IMG_20200319_113835.jpg

That does look good!

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Savage Avengers #11 (May, 2020). Art by Valerio Giangiordano.

How was Elektra's last ongoing? The one that featured the Vegas locale and the new look based on the Netflix version? It lasted 5 issues so I guess that says something...

Astonishing Member

Not that I think it's necessary, but I don't mind when characters start wearing pants (I actually liked Jim Lee's new 52 look for Wonder Woman before fans blew a gasket). However, I didn't care for this new look. It was fine for TV (actually, I would have preferred more red), but it was so out of left field for the comic book version. For that reason alone, I had very little interest in that last Elektra series. I think these days, a team is better, but I understand the gripes with Conan. The one issue of SA I read wasn't bad, but Conan was mostly out of it.

I liked Secret Avengers. That would be a better book for her.

Lets celebrate the greatness that is...

Moebius

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Not that I think it's necessary, but I don't mind when characters start wearing pants (I actually liked Jim Lee's new 52 look for Wonder Woman before fans blew a gasket). However, I didn't care for this new look. It was fine for TV (actually, I would have preferred more red), but it was so out of left field for the comic book version. For that reason alone, I had very little interest in that last Elektra series. I think these days, a team is better, but I understand the gripes with Conan. The one issue of SA I read wasn't bad, but Conan was mostly out of it.

I liked Secret Avengers. That would be a better book for her.
    I don’t begrudge Elektra wearing pants. The art style in the preview struck me as too “coloring book” for lack of a better reference. Not a bad style out of hand but not what I enjoy on an Elektra tale. I had similar issue with Chuck Austen’ computer illustration back in the day. Thankfully the Art by Juan Cabal seems to have a better sense of motion...