Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Cassie Sandsmark: Wondergirl Appreciation 2020

New year, new thread!

This thread is for the incredible Cassie Sandsmark!

Please read the rules regarding Appreciation threads at the top of the forum and appreciate away!
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Happy New Year to Cassie/Wonder Girl .

How has Cassie been in Young Justice? Have her post DCnU-52 experiences been retconned away or is that still canon?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    How has Cassie been in Young Justice? Have her post DCnU-52 experiences been retconned away or is that still canon?
    It's a really big team and a really great book, but past her meeting with her grandfather Zeus she hasn't been the focus. Young Justice were in Gem World then lost traveling through the Multiverse so there hasn't been enough time between adventures for her development. So far she's a competent powerhouse with a mystery that remains unsolved. I trust Bendis to do right by her though because he's written her well in the small part she's played.

Happy 2020 to Cassie/Wonder Girl. What I like about her most is her fun-loving nature a rarity among the more "serious" comic book characters of today.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    We simply don't know. Cassie's almost a blank slate right now, we don't know what she remembers of the pre-Flashpoint and New 52 continuities. Is she the pre-Flashpoint version like Conner and Bart, was she merged during Superman Reborn, we just don't know. Or neither, like Tim (whose pre-Flashpoint memories were restored by Zatanna). All we do know is that she definitely existed before her New 52 debut, else she wouldn't have known Conner and Bart.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Even though she’s never had her own comic book,
    Not an ongoing, but she did have a one-shot, which is where Solstice, the last new Teen Titan to join the team before Flashpoint, debuted.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    We simply don't know. Cassie's almost a blank slate right now, we don't know what she remembers of the pre-Flashpoint and New 52 continuities. Is she the pre-Flashpoint version like Conner and Bart, was she merged during Superman Reborn, we just don't know. Or neither, like Tim (whose pre-Flashpoint memories were restored by Zatanna). All we do know is that she definitely existed before her New 52 debut, else she wouldn't have known Conner and Bart.
    She is a merged Version:

She has the NEW52 Cassie Origin (we dont know if she still has Lennox as her father, but she is Zeus Granddaughter), BUT!! with her own powers.
    This means that she is pretty sure a mix of both Cassie Sandsmarks.

This with the memories was mentioned (if I remember right) in one YJ Issue...
    I dont remember which one, but it was on one of the first Worlds where they landed (it was the issue with Impulse,Cassie and the tiger).
    There Tim and Cassie had a short talk about their meeting in Metropolis and their memories.

Personally outside of Young Justice I think she made a pretty decent last minute appearance in the DCeased series and hope that she will get used more in a potential sequel given where it left off with her.

I’m glad that they’ve brought her back into the universe with the rest of the Young Justice group and hope that she will get to do more in other series with all that’s coming up such as the Legion of Doom/Leviathan story arc in Action Comics and whatever the future of DC holds with the craziness of the upcoming year.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.