Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I wanted to post this, I really liked this art and era and since Cassie was a big part of it I just thought it would be cool here.

70lv8slkkmk41.jpg
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

That's from Flash #750, of course, hence the focus on Bart. It was already posted in the Teen Titans and Young Justice appreciation threads.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's from Flash #750, of course, hence the focus on Bart. It was already posted in the Teen Titans and Young Justice appreciation threads.
    I know, in fact I think you posted in teen titans and I posted in Young Justice. It’s just that I actually really like Cassie and honestly it feels like at times there’s not much to talk about here. She’s there in Young Justice and she has a lot of great fight scenes and some dialogue with other characters but honestly besides the first issue with Zeus she hasn’t had much focus on herself as a character, well except that she remembers she was on the teen titans and other characters do remember her. So sorry I guess if it seems like I’m spamming that but just felt like bringing her up when I can.
    Last edited by sifighter; 03-07-2020 at 09:00 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I hope this means she gets a much bigger part in the sequel. I’ve been all over talking about this, but Cassie as Wonder Woman confirmed for DCeased 2.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TomTaylor...55048445026304
    Words to live by.

Does Cassie still have her Lightning Lasso or no? I always thought that it was cool that she had her own unique lasso.

Last edited by nj06; 03-21-2020 at 12:32 PM.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I don’t remember her using it lately in Young Justice, and in the last issue or so I haven’t seen it hanging around her hip at any time. Edit: Went back and looked, in issue 2 she definitely had a lasso when she was fighting Despero before talking to her grandfather, Zeus. So I guess she has it but doesn’t use it much as far as I’ve seen.

It looks from the covers she might have it in upcoming DCeased Dead Planet, but that’s an alternate earth story where she’s Wonder Woman so I don’t think that counts. Even then that’s just cover art so I’m unsure if she really has it even in that context especially since she didn’t have it in the original
    Last edited by sifighter; 03-21-2020 at 01:40 PM.
    Words to live by.

We don't know enough about current Cassie. She must be some sort of composite of her pre-Flashpoint and New 52 versions, and that includes her arsenal. I haven't read New 52 Teen Titans though, so I don't know what the story was there.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I’m more of a fan of the red long sleeved shirt look but I don’t think Jim Lee did too bad on Cassie here. Since this was for charity wasn’t sure about sharing image but you can see it in the link.

https://www.newsarama.com/49790-wond...tch-event.html
    Words to live by.

I’m kind of curious do you guys think we could ever get Cassie in Wonder Woman movies?

Mighty Member

We don't know enough about current Cassie. She must be some sort of composite of her pre-Flashpoint and New 52 versions, and that includes her arsenal. I haven't read New 52 Teen Titans though, so I don't know what the story was there.
    Her story (in NEW52) was:
    She is still daughter of Helena, but her father wasnt Zeus, but Zeus son Lennox.
    He left family when Cassie was 4, she became a criminal, she had a boyfriend (Diesel) who was also a thief and they found bracelets and a liquid Metal in a temple.
    Cassie chose to take the bracelets and the liquid metal and so she got the SILENT ARMOUR, which was made to fight against TRIGON.
    She encountered RED ROBIN and the media gave her the name WONDER GIRL, but she HATED the Code-Name.

She also got a LASSO, but this LASSO was different, because it could siphon the LIFE-ENERGY of beings.

The armor can also take control of the person which is wearing the armor.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I’m more of a fan of the red long sleeved shirt look but I don’t think Jim Lee did too bad on Cassie here. Since this was for charity wasn’t sure about sharing image but you can see it in the link.
    I have to say that I liked NEW52 Cassie, Injustice Cassie and Titans of Tomorrow Rebirth Cassie.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    I have to say that I liked NEW52 Cassie, Injustice Cassie and Titans of Tomorrow Rebirth Cassie.
    I will admit that the Titans of tomorrow and injustice 2 costumes where she has more of Amazon warrior look is pretty cool, if designed properly Cassie can look pretty cool in armor. I’m not sure how I feel about her New 52 look, I’m kind of biased against the entire New 52 Teen Titans teams appearance in general so can’t say I can give a fair answer.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I’m kind of curious do you guys think we could ever get Cassie in Wonder Woman movies?
    That’s hard to say, I feel like they would probably want to introduce Donna before Cassie but I could also just see someone going “well yeah wouldn’t it just be easier to introduce the granddaughter of Zeus then whatever Donna’s origin of the day is”. I mean the Young Justice show did kind of just go straight to Cassie before showing Donna.

I think it would be an interesting thing to see if we saw it develop throughout films, like we start off with Cassie in the black wig as a kid then she ditches it and then later learns about her Greek demigoddess heritage.
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

I will admit that the Titans of tomorrow and injustice 2 costumes where she has more of Amazon warrior look is pretty cool, if designed properly Cassie can look pretty cool in armor. I’m not sure how I feel about her New 52 look, I’m kind of biased against the entire New 52 Teen Titans teams appearance in general so can’t say I can give a fair answer.

That’s hard to say, I feel like they would probably want to introduce Donna before Cassie but I could also just see someone going “well yeah wouldn’t it just be easier to introduce the granddaughter of Zeus then whatever Donna’s origin of the day is”. I mean the Young Justice show did kind of just go straight to Cassie before showing Donna.

I think it would be an interesting thing to see if we saw it develop throughout films, like we start off with Cassie in the black wig as a kid then she ditches it and then later learns about her Greek demigoddess heritage.
    Donna Troy is a warning to all writers, about what happens when you try and get to cute with a superheroes origin story. Part of me just thinks that the next time they reboot they should just give Donna her original origin back, and never mention any other origin again.

They did debut in the same season though. Donna was active at some time in the season 1-2 five year time skip, and by the time Cassie joined the team at the beginning of season 2, Troia had retired to become an ambassador.

They did debut in the same season though. Donna was active at some time in the season 1-2 five year time skip, and by the time Cassie joined the team at the beginning of season 2, Troia had retired to become an ambassador.
    Was that how that worked, I assumed they just skipped over Donna as Wondergirl in season 2 like they did with Garth/Tempest for Kaldur. I do like though that she had more to do in Season 3 though.

Still really liked Cassie in the show though.
    Words to live by.