Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is as weird as Cassie being part of a Trinity with Jon Kent and Damian Wayne.
    To be fair the generations are nowadays so close in age to each other that its possible..

On the one hand I am glad for Cassie, on the other hand Cassie and Conner simply belong together....

So apparently the Variant cover for issue 6 of Dead Planet is a Cassie Homage to the Wonder Woman movie.

D5684708-AB8D-4EFF-928F-76C09436DE6C.jpg

By the way concerning Dead Planet #3, after last issues kiss Cassie doesn’t get much this issue though that’s because it was mainly a establishing threat issue, and yes a threat outside the anti-life. She does get to stand in the huddle with everyone and acknowledged as the Justice League and I guess she’s helpful to Constantine’s plan.
    Last edited by sifighter; 09-06-2020 at 07:12 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So apparently the Variant cover for issue 6 of Dead Planet is a Cassie Homage to the Wonder Woman movie.

D5684708-AB8D-4EFF-928F-76C09436DE6C.jpg

By the way concerning Dead Planet #3, after last issues kiss Cassie doesn’t get much this issue though that’s because it was mainly a establishing threat issue, and yes a threat outside the anti-life. She does get to stand in the huddle with everyone and acknowledged as the Justice League and I guess she’s helpful to Constantine’s plan.
    Staying in the background is probably best for her given Taylor's track record with Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Staying in the background is probably best for her given Taylor's track record with Diana.
    I mean it wasn’t background she’s actually been very prominent present in scenes, she just didn’t get to do much.

9766B0A5-DADB-41A4-88F4-75369E253506.jpg

0E82DA2A-0DA5-442B-BE70-748AE5D80B65.jpg
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

In my Wonder Woman Series Bible Thingee I’m returning Cassie to the Wonderverse by having her live in Diana’s city and attend Holliday University.

Helena would also be in the city, working at the museum of antiquities, and we’d get some more mother and daughter time together with them. Cassie would learn about her father as he comes back into the picture.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

What is his track record with Diana?

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    What is his track record with Diana?
    Not very good, I feel he's the worst writer of her the past decade or two.

Felt he was rather lazy with her in Injustice where never actually tried to explain her journey from Point A to Point Z like he did Clark, Hal, or Barry's and instead just doubled down on stuff in the game like her being Clark's devil on the shoulder/arm candy. Well, aside from a Johnny-come-lately altered origin story he wrote in an annual years later to ride of the success of the '17 movie.

And having now read the first DCeased, the only thing of note to happen to her there was get lectured by Clark, once again, on the sanctity of not killing and then later effortlessly killed by him. So I tend not to think he has much a grasp on the character outside of warrior woman/arm candy for one of the trinity.
    Last edited by Gaius; 09-09-2020 at 06:12 AM.

Not very good, I feel he's the worst writer of her the past decade or two.

Felt he was rather lazy with her in Injustice where never actually tried to explain her journey from Point A to Point Z like he did Clark, Hal, or Barry's and instead just doubled down on stuff in the game like her being Clark's devil on the shoulder/arm candy. Well, aside from a Johnny-come-lately altered origin story he wrote in an annual years later to ride of the success of the '17 movie.

And having now read the first DCeased, the only thing of note to happen to her there was get lectured by Clark, once again, on the sanctity of not killing and then later effortlessly killed by him. So I tend not to think he has much a grasp on the character outside of warrior woman/arm candy for one of the trinity.
    True. He also had mary mrvel fighting WW in dceased. And it looked like mary marvel could overpower her. With one post in that comic saying mary has the strength of hercules, speed of mercury and zeus power. and that made me go like, dear writer. Did you forget Diana has all those powers from multiple Gods too? I mean she even is zeus daughter now.

True. He also had mary mrvel fighting WW in dceased. And it looked like mary marvel could overpower her. With one post in that comic saying mary has the strength of hercules, speed of mercury and zeus power. and that made me go like, dear writer. Did you forget Diana has all those powers from multiple Gods too? I mean she even is zeus daughter now.
    Actually that was addressed, Mary herself stated that it was thanks to her three months of training with people like Shiva or Cassandra Cain that turned her into a competent enough fighter to handle Wonder Woman. She actually says without that she definitely would have lost to Diana.
    Words to live by.

Not reading anymore DCeased after what hot garbage the first one was but yeah hopefully Taylor keeps Cassie in the background and doesn't get to write Diana again anytime soon.

Actually that was addressed, Mary herself stated that it was thanks to her three months of training with people like Shiva or Cassandra Cain that turned her into a competent enough fighter to handle Wonder Woman. She actually says without that she definitely would have lost to Diana.
    That doesn't explain anything. WW has powers from multiple Gods like her, plus being Zeus daughter unlike mary. So Diana should be more powerful. And WW has far more combat training and experience than just a 3 months session with shiva.

Not reading anymore DCeased after what hot garbage the first one was but yeah hopefully Taylor keeps Cassie in the background and doesn't get to write Diana again anytime soon.
    Sometimes i wonder. Is it too hard for certain writers to remember what WW's powers are and how powerful she is supposed to be? Because they can remember the source for a d list character like mary, but not for the so called most iconic and strongest female super hero? I don't think this is a problem of the editors only. Writers could and should put some more effort into the way they portray her, her villains and supporting cast.

That doesn't explain anything. WW has powers from multiple Gods like her, plus being Zeus daughter unlike mary. So Diana should be more powerful. And WW has far more combat training and experience than just a 3 months session with shiva.
    Look all I know is this, Wonder Woman as an anti-life zombie has been an absolute terror until she was finally killed off but besides the equation she was a mindless killing machine. Beyond that all I know is that Mary, who as you’ve said also has the power of the gods, was trained in combat and was able to hold her off. After hitting her away she then flew off with other survivors into a safe spot that Wonder Woman couldn’t break into thanks to the magic of Dr. Fate.

So she didn’t beat her, she got her out of the way is more likely. Here’s the images they might help.

510D68CB-9646-4518-935E-D6AD3ACEF7E9.jpg

FBE201AB-CA5E-4EBB-8ABE-929DD34711D3.jpg

DB295670-D7CE-4411-83DC-B6B871C0C9FF.jpg
    Last edited by sifighter; 09-09-2020 at 03:50 PM.
    Words to live by.

Also this is a Cassie thread, so here is DCeased Cassie as Wonder Woman from the more recent issue to balance this out.

796CC375-BDCD-402D-B178-20CF4DDA2A96.jpg
    Words to live by.

Look all I know is this, Wonder Woman as an anti-life zombie has been an absolute terror until she was finally killed off but besides the equation she was a mindless killing machine. Beyond that all I know is that Mary, who as you’ve said also has the power of the gods, was trained in combat and was able to hold her off. After hitting her away she then flew off with other survivors into a safe spot that Wonder Woman couldn’t break into thanks to the magic of Dr. Fate.

So she didn’t beat her, she got her out of the way is more likely.
    All i'm saying is that it's better for Cassie to stay in the background. Based on how writers like taylor portrays WW. Some writers put more effort into portraying lesser known female characters, than the so called most iconic and strongest female hero in DC. Remember when Wonder Woman's intro was stronger than Hercules, faster than Mercury and Wise as Athena? I do. So i can't expect mary to be above WW when evidence suggests otherwise. And i dont believe that training for 3 months can make her a rival for WW's combat experience either. For me all of that screams bad writing. And if that is the treatment WW gets. Then it's better if taylor stays away from Cassie.