Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Also this is a Cassie thread, so here is DCeased Cassie as Wonder Woman from the more recent issue to balance this out.

Attachment 100463
    What are the black/gray pants for, modesty? They throw off the whole costume's color scheme and the chain links are ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    What are the black/gray pants for, modesty? They throw off the whole costume's color scheme and the chain links are ugly.
    I don’t know, she’s wearing leggings now in Young Justice and the main DCeased series (even in Hope at worlds end), so I guess they just used her current look and incorporated it with the rest to make her look like Wonder Woman.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Don’t think Cassie’s ever had a great costume but I’ve said elsewhere I think that’s probably her worst one.

I think there are a few Wondie rogues that would make for great Wondergirl villains should she ever get her own mini series again. The Minotaur, Duke of Deception, Earl of Greed, Cybergirl, Eviless, and Lair Lair would be great fits.

I also think she should be aged up to 19 and have her attending University. I got a lot of Wondergirl ideas that have been running in my head all day, figured I got the general notes here, see what you guys think.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Wait...the Young Justice team or at least Cassie were in the multiverse or whatever for two years? I thought it was like a few weeks. Also apparently it will be a very Cassie focused issue.

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/10/02/dc...ng-justice-19/
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

Wait...the Young Justice team or at least Cassie were in the multiverse or whatever for two years? I thought it was like a few weeks. Also apparently it will be a very Cassie focused issue.

There is no way young justice has been moving in real time. Or the rest of DC's publishing line.

This has to be one of worst failures of editorial oversight I've ever seen. Did the book being cancelled just cause them to give up?

I'm not even angry. Just dumbfounded. The idea that either Bendis and/or the editor thinking placing the book in real time is viable. I don't have anything say.

And last I checked, Zeus should still be dead from James Robinson's Wonder Woman run.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    There is no way young justice has been moving in real time. Or the rest of DC's publishing line.

This has to be one of worst failures of editorial oversight I've ever seen. Did the book being cancelled just cause them to give up?

I'm not even angry. Just dumbfounded. The idea that either Bendis and/or the editor thinking placing the book in real time is viable. I don't have anything say.

And last I checked, Zeus should still be dead from James Robinson's Wonder Woman run.
    Especially when the first issue of the series, or I think it was the first issue anyway with the Cassie flashback fighting Despero, where a caption says it’s set before their death.
    Words to live by.

The back half of the run, after Naomi joins, takes place over just a few days. But they could've easily lost a lot of time in the multiverse, while in Gemworld or Earth-3.

Anyway, they say it seems like two years, not that it has been. It has been long enough for Superman's identity reveal to happen.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Did she even mention this job before?

Nope. And I checked both of her wiki pages. Pre-Flashpoint she was still at school, and the New 52 version was never at school and used to be a criminal, so she'd have difficulty getting a job! Looks like she doesn't maintain a secret identity any more either (in New 52 she did, but it had been outed pre-Flashpoint), based on the fact she's in costume when talking to her boss.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Cassandra..._(Prime_Earth)
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Cassandra...rk_(New_Earth)
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-02-2020 at 08:26 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Nope. And I checked both of her wiki pages. Pre-Flashpoint she was still at school, and the New 52 version was never at school and used to be a criminal, so she'd have difficulty getting a job! Looks like she doesn't maintain a secret identity any more either (in New 52 she did, but it had been outed pre-Flashpoint), based on the fact she's in costume when talking to her boss.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Cassandra..._(Prime_Earth)
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Cassandra...rk_(New_Earth)
    At least Cassie doesn't have a criminal record anymore (I hope).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At least Cassie doesn't have a criminal record anymore (I hope).
    Shame she can't ditch the Zeus heritage like Diana' can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I mean, that’s been a constant for a while now hasn’t it? Since it was revealed pre-flashpoint that her uncle is Ares and therefore Zeus is her grandfather, to be honest the biggest change has been that Wonder Woman is now more her biological aunt....or however it works with the gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The back half of the run, after Naomi joins, takes place over just a few days. But they could've easily lost a lot of time in the multiverse, while in Gemworld or Earth-3.

Anyway, they say it seems like two years, not that it has been. It has been long enough for Superman's identity reveal to happen.
    you know what, I hadn’t considered the post-Gem World arc, that’s a pretty fair assumption to make. I mean there are quite a number of earths (they like to say 52 but I’m pretty sure it’s a lot more then that as of late).
    Words to live by.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Why the Hell should she ditch that?
    It would be better that she ditch the relationship with Diana and the Amazons.

Pre-Flashpoint was PERFECT when Cassie was the daughter of Zeus and Diana a woman made out of clay.

In Pre-Flashpoint Cassie was ALWAYS the better character than Diana and Donna, but had 2 major problems:

1. she was displayed like an "ordinary" Amazon, but instead should have been given more powers like Elektrokinesis to channel Zeus lightning.
    I always HATED the "honorary Amazon" etc. and prefered the Hercules,Jason situation DEMI-GODS, NOT "honorary Amazons" etc.
    2. she was never aged up and I didnt like her costumes, appearance etc.

If they would have been given her the powers of channel Zeus lightning, would have her aged up and displayed like in Rebirth the Titans of Tomorrow Cassie (in her Wonder Woman Costume) she would have easily had the chance to become maybe even more popular than Diana and especially Donna.

Jason (Dianas brother), Thor of Marvel and Raiden of Mortal Kombat are examples how you could have displayed her....

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Why the Hell should she ditch that?
    It would be better that she ditch the relationship with Diana and the Amazons.

Pre-Flashpoint was PERFECT when Cassie was the daughter of Zeus and Diana a woman made out of clay.

In Pre-Flashpoint Cassie was ALWAYS the better character than Diana and Donna, but had 2 major problems:

1. she was displayed like an "ordinary" Amazon, but instead should have been given more powers like Elektrokinesis to channel Zeus lightning.
    I always HATED the "honorary Amazon" etc. and prefered the Hercules,Jason situation DEMI-GODS, NOT "honorary Amazons" etc.
    2. she was never aged up and I didnt like her costumes, appearance etc.

If they would have been given her the powers of channel Zeus lightning, would have her aged up and displayed like in Rebirth the Titans of Tomorrow Cassie (in her Wonder Woman Costume) she would have easily had the chance to become maybe even more popular than Diana and especially Donna.

Jason (Dianas brother), Thor of Marvel and Raiden of Mortal Kombat are examples how you could have displayed her....
    Cassie will never be more popular than Diana. I like her a lot, but come on, dude.

Moreover, ditching her connection to the Wonder family is essentially a sure way to get her removed from books entirely. A lot of her prominence is as a Wonder Woman representative on teams.