Page 185 of 271 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 4051
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    No, that's not true. It was a big event that had Cap in it. But wasn't his story exclusively. The story in the movie was different before they changed it to fit CW. The Russos talked about the changes to it. The fan service ended up being one half of the movie being a minor squabble and the rest was chasing Bucky. It's an ok movie. But it has problems.
    You are right confused it with the Winter Soldier.

Agreed. X-Men need time and development all their own.
    Yes, I have seen some theories of how they are going to do this and sound very good from Rogue appearing with Cap Marvel to Xavier showing with Reed and Dr Strange as a iluminati, hope some of them are true
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I'd like to see them reveal the celestials had discovered the mutant gene in Eternals. Then we start to see the characters pop up here and there.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Yes many X-fans are expecting a reference for mutants on the Eternals movie because the celestials are already introduced in the MCU so their intervention on earths story and their creation of the deviants, the eternals and the mutants is easy to tell. I hope they add that little silver age tibit that said there were mutants born across diferent planets, not only on earth.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

This whole reverse HOM thing never made sense, from a narrative standpoint. The reason why HOM could be done in the comics was because of years of history between Wanda, Magneto and the mutants. Wanda saying ''no more mutants'' was specifically her lashing out her frustration on mutantkind because she felt Magneto's cause ruined their lives. You can't recreate that in a world where Magneto and mutants don't exist yet. It makes no sense for her to wake up one day and decide she wants to create a whole new species out of thin air. What would even be the point? What would be her motivation? What exactly would that accomplish within the story that's been established for Wanda in the MCU? Her creating a perfect pocket world where she can live with her family actually makes sense in that universe and it moves her story forward somehow. Creating mutants simply doesn't do that.

The one argument I've read that connects Wanda to the introduction of mutants in the MCU that sort of makes sense is that she does something that creates a rift in reality by the end of WandaVision, and then on Multiverse Of Madness this causes realities to merge and/or change, and one universe that might end up connected to the MCU is one where mutants exist. That I could see happening; it would be a more indirect, unintentional consequence of her actions and it wouldn't derail WandaVision, being something that could be explored in later movies/shows. And that's only assuming Eternals wasn't going to do something about mutants first, considering that movie was supposed to come out before WandaVision and Doctor Strange 2.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-26-2020 at 11:07 PM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

A GREAT Video below on why WandaVision can be Very Imporant to Disney + and Marvel Studios as a whole!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    This whole reverse HOM thing never made sense, from a narrative standpoint. The reason why HOM could be done in the comics was because of years of history between Wanda, Magneto and the mutants. Wanda saying ''no more mutants'' was specifically her lashing out her frustration on mutantkind because she felt Magneto's cause ruined their lives. You can't recreate that in a world where Magneto and mutants don't exist yet. It makes no sense for her to wake up one day and decide she wants to create a whole new species out of thin air. What would even be the point? What would be her motivation? What exactly would that accomplish within the story that's been established for Wanda in the MCU? Her creating a perfect pocket world where she can live with her family actually makes sense in that universe and it moves her story forward somehow. Creating mutants simply doesn't do that.

The one argument I've read that connects Wanda to the introduction of mutants in the MCU that sort of makes sense is that she does something that creates a rift in reality by the end of WandaVision, and then on Multiverse Of Madness this causes realities to merge and/or change, and one universe that might end up connected to the MCU is one where mutants exist. That I could see happening; it would be a more indirect, unintentional consequence of her actions and it wouldn't derail WandaVision, being something that could be explored in later movies/shows. And that's only assuming Eternals wasn't going to do something about mutants first, considering that movie was supposed to come out before WandaVision and Doctor Strange 2.
    Let's be honest, even the comics version barely makes sense if you read the character before the event, haha.

The second theory might make sense overall, but we know how that wouldn't be great for Wanda. But yeah, it pretty much seems like Eternals is the start of the five year plan there.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

By now I have come to appreciate reaction videos for the trailer by people who are not familiar with the comics, as opposed to ones from comic book readers, of whom apparently many feel the need to “enlighten” the “uninformed people” how Wanda is most famous for going insane, bringing or erasing mutants, obviously being the villain for Doctor Strange …

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    A GREAT Video below on why WandaVision can be Very Imporant to Disney + and Marvel Studios as a whole!

Now that again *is* a great video

Rumours of a Wanda and Vision marvel legends two pack coming next week. Strange it wasn't mentioned during Pulsecon but could be interesting
    Last edited by leokearon; 09-27-2020 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    I always shake my head at people who claim that House of M was Wanda’s best moment, especially the ones who have actually claimed to have read it. It’s as if they haven’t given much thought to the implications of the much vaunted ‘wiped out mutants with a few words’ feat they’re so enthralled with. I fear the day a House of M movie is made, and being in the audience. The sight of mutants falling out of the sky or suffocating on dry land is going to make a lot of casuals realize just how horrible the act was. I fear that instead of saying it was character assassination, they’ll just join the witch hunt.

My only hope is if they do, that it will change from being a matter of demonic possession instead of lashing out in a fit of daddy issues, and internal racism, while gutting out the ableism and misogyny.
    I could never feel that was Wanda's greatest story. Or the most well-known - to mutant fans and Wanda hater, perhaps.

In some of their earliest stories, with Magneto finding them in Europe, they clearly are subject o mutant persecution.

Regardless, her best and most well known stories should be her first defeat of Ultron, her marriage to Vision and the stuff before hand, her story where she discovered what Shield did to the Vision.

These are the stories that resonate strongest to me, and perhaps some later ones.

What I find interesting is this...while I first knew of the Twins being Mutants and like them to be, very early on with the Avengers, twice, to be exact, the Twins powers waned. It was only by going back to their Balkan Homeland that their powers returned the first time.

Although while there, there was a stranger who perfomed Diarthrythmic treatments on them (but we only see Pietro). Could that stranger without a name have been the High Evolutionary in disguise? Maybe they needed another treatment to complete his process? I remember thinking this odd for Mutants to have to go to where they grew up, but also it made the Twins more unique. And I liked that both had increased powers afterward, so I simply thought of it as a type of homesickness.

The second time, the trip to Arkon's world and back to Earth seemed to restore Wanda's powers. We never learn what restored Pietro's powers. This seems odd no matter if Mutant or Mutate.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Do you mean when Pietro began to look aged whenever he used his super speed, in the 90s? If so, it was revealed to be psychological (probably due to the dual shock of losing his twin and his wife in the same day). The same thing happened at the end of his Son of M arc, during Quick and the Dead. All he had to do was be reminded he wanted to help people, and he inexplicably was faster than ever.

One begins to think a lot of Pietro’s blocks are all in his head...

But concerning the idea that they need to recharge by visiting Mount Wundagore, it is in itself an interesting idea. Maybe to them, the energies surrounding the mountain is therapeutic and healing (Wanda, mystically; Pietro, psychologically), whereas it would drive just about anyone else (like the High Evolutionary) to insanity or destruction. It adds a little more creepy, Lovecraftian vibes to their origin.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    Do you mean when Pietro began to look aged whenever he used his super speed, in the 90s? If so, it was revealed to be psychological (probably due to the dual shock of losing his twin and his wife in the same day). The same thing happened at the end of his Son of M arc, during Quick and the Dead. All he had to do was be reminded he wanted to help people, and he inexplicably was faster than ever.

One begins to think a lot of Pietro’s blocks are all in his head...

But concerning the idea that they need to recharge by visiting Mount Wundagore, it is in itself an interesting idea. Maybe to them, the energies surrounding the mountain is therapeutic and healing (Wanda, mystically; Pietro, psychologically), whereas it would drive just about anyone else (like the High Evolutionary) to insanity or destruction. It adds a little more creepy, Lovecraftian vibes to their origin.
    Hi.

No, I mean back in the late '60's/early '70's--early Avengers--when both twins were part of the team. They both left to recharge.

Agree, some things may be in Pietro's head like the second time because when Wanda was abducted, his powers were suddenly present and he raced around the world to NYC and into Avengers Mansion where a fight broke out (of course) because they did not recognize this super-super swift surprise person. Afterall, this was the firt time we see Pietro in his silvery costume and he was quite a bit faster than when they knew him previously.

I really want the MCU quicksilver to have a cameo in WandaVision...

Reports said he ins't but i wish it is just Marvel keeping it as a secret like when Natali Portman appeared in endgame

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post

Rumours of a Wanda and Vision marvel legends two pack coming next week. Strange it wasn't mentioned during Pulsecon but could be interesting
    I hope this is true! Would be a nice set. But also I still want an action figure of Wanda in her current comics costume. It just does not get enough appreciation.