Page 178 of 204 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 3047
  1. #2656
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think we're probably just gonna need to get in peace with the idea of Wanda as a reality warper. The trailer gave me the impression Vision himself might have something to do with the creation of this reality, and there might be a villain and/or Agatha too, but that scene of her in the sofa is pretty clear: She's literally transforming the TV and furniture to fit with a new decade(which I guess means at that point she's already self-aware of what's happening and unwilling to let go of it). That's definetely something completely different to what she had been doing before, which was basically just telekinesis and shooting red energy(plus "mind control on AOU).
    Well, personally I am never against this idea, as long as there is actually a rule established about it.(Busiek style) And this power set will mostly serve her own character.
    I actually would like the Busiek route and explain that before WV her basic power set is energy manipulation and indirect TK enabled by that. But someone or something granted her the power to do more.
    (Like Chthon only ever unlock that part of her power in WV or something, I would kinda like the idea that Chthon is just experimenting in this case, observing what Wanda could do under extreme grief or something like that. Giving him some curiosity in humanity other than pure malicious intent.)

  2. #2657
    Mighty Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    All I meant was that this was the world Magneto wanted, and Pietro wanted to give it to him. It had nothing to do with what Wanda wanted, one of the many reasons why she's only a minor character in "House of M" despite it being her most famous story (sadly). It has nothing to do with what she wanted and she doesn't even appear in most issues.

    I don't think it's in-character for Pietro to want to give Magneto the world he wants either, but that's a separate point.
    If I may I would like to say that HoM wasn´t really the dream world for any of the members of the House of M

    Wanda had the twins but Vision was not around, neither was she an avenger, something she always has treasured.

    Pietro saved Wanda but didn´t have Crystal and Luna, it´s rare why he would left out of existence his own daughter and the wife he still loved.

    Magneto had the goverment but Magda and Anya were not around, in his ideal world, they would not have died, because a big point for his fight for mutants is because of what happened with Anya. In fact in non canon novel, where Magneto gets the power of the comic cube, the first person he brings back is Anya.

    It´s interesting but from all the characters it was mostly the heros the ones who got their dreams come true, not the Maximoffs or Magneto. Maybe this is the form of the price that level of magic takes, that makes more sense to me.


    WandaVision trailer:

    I loved it, it has all the old sitcom situation about a magic lady, I hope we get to see an Endora type of character or maybe she´s Agatha, just with something darker surrounding Wanda and Vision, it also has a Twilight Zone feeling because Wanda looks like that boy who could reorder reality but she and Vison don´t really seem to remember how they got married or why they can´t have children, then we add Sword just outside their window and there´s just this feeling that Wanda may be trapped by someone like Nighmare or she has been captured and what we are seeing is her having dreams about her perfect life with Vision but just like what happens with all dreams it doesn´t quite make sense and there are big jumps between decades.

    I think Nighmare, Meshisto, Agatta or Chton as well as sword may be involved with all of this.

    My favourite part was definitely the twins and Agatha really looks scary there, like she´s the one really running things for Wanda and Vision.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-21-2020 at 09:24 PM.
    "The time for subtlety is passing. Now is the time for change." [New Mutants (Vol. 1) #38]

  3. #2658
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Hopefully WandaVision will not have Wanda warping reality and there will be no stupid reverse HOM
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  4. #2659
    Fantastic Member Probability010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Wow, that trailer came completely out of the blue to me. I didn’t even had it on my mind that Emmys where that evening.

    At least in terms of sheer amount the response to the trailer is overwhelming. As of now, on the Marvel twitter channel alone it has 9.5 million views!

    My favorite scene from the trailer is actually the one with Agatha and Vision. From that I get the impression that she is not behind this, rather dragged in against her will, and only more aware of what happened.

    Someone pointed out that on the newspaper one can read the complete name of the town is Westview, and if you take that apart as West View, you get the same initial letters as Wanda Vision. To me that implies that this town did not exist before for real, and “created” for the sole purpose of Wanda having her perfect life. Furthermore, someone pointed out that after Monica either gets dragged or thrown out, one can see among the Sword agents that approach her is a Woman that also looks like Monica! So maybe that town is made with people who are duplicates of people in the real world ?!?

    Quite some time ago I said I hope the story will be somewhat like an animated movie called “Madoka Magica: Rebellion” (I have no idea if someone here knows that one, hope I am not spoiling too much). That plays in a bubble-universe that also contains of one city, no more, no less. Also, the kitchen scene in the trailer, with stumbling over the question “from where do you move to here”, that movie has a scene with Homura and Kyoko that plays very similar! Maybe I am all alone with that comparison, yet that comparison gives me hope, because the story of that particular movie was all about the characters!

  5. #2660
    Fantastic Member Probability010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    If I may I would like to say that HoM wasn´t really the dream world for any of the members of the House of M

    Wanda had the twins but Vision was not around, neither was she an avenger, something she always has treasured.

    Pietro saved Wanda but didn´t have Crystal and Luna, it´s rare why he would left out of existence his own daughter and the wife he still loved.

    Magneto had the goverment but Magda and Anya were not around, in his ideal world, they would not have died, because a big point for his fight for mutants is because of what happened with Anya. In fact in non canon novel, where Magneto gets the power of the comic cube, the first person he brings back is Anya.

    It´s interesting but from all the characters it was mostly the heros the ones who got their dreams come true, not the Maximoffs or Magneto. Maybe this is the form of the price that level of magic takes, that makes more sense to me.


    WandaVision trailer:

    I loved it, it has all the old sitcom situation about a magic lady, I hope we get to see an Endora type of character or maybe she´s Agatha, just with something darker surrounding Wanda and Vision, it also has a Twilight Zone feeling because Wanda looks like that boy who could reorder reality but she and Vison don´t really seem to remember how they got married or why they can´t have children, then we add Sword just outside their window and there´s just this feeling that Wanda may be trapped by someone like Nighmare or she has been captured and what we are seeing is her having dreams about her perfect life with Vision but just like what happens with all dreams it doesn´t quite make sense and there are big jumps between decades.

    I think Nighmare, Meshisto, Agatta or Chton as well as sword may be involved with all of this.

    My favourite part was definitely the twins and Agatha really looks scary there, like she´s the one really running things for Wanda and Vision.
    You just pointed out why “House of M” made no sense to begin with. Thanks for summing that up

  6. #2661
    Mighty Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,950

    Default

    This was why the first time I read HoM I thought there was someone else besides them running things because they frankly looked so sad and miserable all the time
    "The time for subtlety is passing. Now is the time for change." [New Mutants (Vol. 1) #38]

  7. #2662
    Spectacular Member Waking Replica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    Wow, that trailer came completely out of the blue to me. I didn’t even had it on my mind that Emmys where that evening.

    At least in terms of sheer amount the response to the trailer is overwhelming. As of now, on the Marvel twitter channel alone it has 9.5 million views!

    My favorite scene from the trailer is actually the one with Agatha and Vision. From that I get the impression that she is not behind this, rather dragged in against her will, and only more aware of what happened.

    Someone pointed out that on the newspaper one can read the complete name of the town is Westview, and if you take that apart as West View, you get the same initial letters as Wanda Vision. To me that implies that this town did not exist before for real, and “created” for the sole purpose of Wanda having her perfect life. Furthermore, someone pointed out that after Monica either gets dragged or thrown out, one can see among the Sword agents that approach her is a Woman that also looks like Monica! So maybe that town is made with people who are duplicates of people in the real world ?!?

    Quite some time ago I said I hope the story will be somewhat like an animated movie called “Madoka Magica: Rebellion” (I have no idea if someone here knows that one, hope I am not spoiling too much). That plays in a bubble-universe that also contains of one city, no more, no less. Also, the kitchen scene in the trailer, with stumbling over the question “from where do you move to here”, that movie has a scene with Homura and Kyoko that plays very similar! Maybe I am all alone with that comparison, yet that comparison gives me hope, because the story of that particular movie was all about the characters!
    Normally I usually just lurk in this thread and post in others, but I just wanted to comment that my mind instantly went to Rebellion when I saw the trailer as well! Hopefully we'll get as good an action sequence as Homura vs. Mami haha! That being said, perhaps the endings could be where the similarities diverge, seeing as what happened to Homura (but, I guess you could say even that's subjective, cause I thought it was badass compared to other people not liking it, but I digress). I guess that could also mean either Monica, Agnes, Strange, or whoever ends up being her Madoka if we make that comparison. Ok, enough weeby talk from me XD

    On your other point, I could see that double Monica moment as tricky editing. Stitching two scenes together that are probably wholly separate from each other. Perhaps Monica was was sent to investigate Wanda during/right after the inciting event, which would account for that shot with the agents that also included Darcy, them finding it in the first place. And later on, she gets found out by Wanda, Agnes, or whatever force is at play, and is sent hurling out into the real world, which is where the shot of her on the ground comes from. I suspect that SWORD may have a sort of perimeter on whatever bubble, dome, dimensional anomaly is surrounding Wanda.

    As for the Westview thing, I think its a toss up. There's definitely a chance its just a complete barren zone that whoever is doing this (be it Wanda or someone else) set up shop in. Or, it could just be a clever coincidence. I do have a theory, however, that perhaps the town isn't real per say, as in its not like, a founded American town; but, rather, its actually a town built by SWORD to house Skrull/alien/enhanced refugees. Sorta like a sanctuary city if you will for beings with powers that want to settle on Earth. Maybe she ends up there by happenstance, or she was relocated there since she is technically homeless. Now, that's probably a far out theory, but it would explain SWORD's involvement beyond just them being another SHIELD (as well as another reason for a certain rumored character to appear, in addition to the obvious connection to a character we see in the trailer), since it would have cosmic ties. But, we shall see whenever it gets released.

    Ok, back to lurking for me lol

  8. #2663
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Well, personally I am never against this idea, as long as there is actually a rule established about it.(Busiek style) And this power set will mostly serve her own character.
    I actually would like the Busiek route and explain that before WV her basic power set is energy manipulation and indirect TK enabled by that. But someone or something granted her the power to do more.
    (Like Chthon only ever unlock that part of her power in WV or something, I would kinda like the idea that Chthon is just experimenting in this case, observing what Wanda could do under extreme grief or something like that. Giving him some curiosity in humanity other than pure malicious intent.)
    I think they will avoid making her too OP and use the connection to emotions fir example as a contextual limit I get the impression she is only that powerful within the "bubble." (Which I get the impression Wanda didn't make) The "Twilight Time" lyrics maybe imply Vision will save Wanda from a descending darkness.

    The implication is that she and Vision become increasingly aware as time goes on. I think the moment Vision guides her out of it is the beginning of her becoming Scarlet Witch.

  9. #2664
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I find it more like The Vision and the Scarlet Witch meets Pleasant Hill, I tend not to give everything reality warping related to HoM since well, it's not Bendis who did this kind of stuff first with Wanda.
    He is just the most overdramatic one and thus the most famous. I won't mind if she is warping reality on herself, as long as the story is actually about herself.
    And her supporting characters and villains are given proper roles in this.
    Its very clear this is about Wanda and Vision. If you are writing a story about Wanda, with alot of it from her POV, its frankly impossible to use HoM as a source material, there is so little of Wanda in it that it would barely sustain 10 minutes of one episode of WandaVision.

    Wanda being a Witch is emphasized so much here, yet I find it revealing that so many have chosen to ignore the witchcraft being so prominent because it disproves their "mutant brood mare" fantasies.

    I also find it hilarious that Wanda watched Bewitched reruns as a kid.

  10. #2665
    Keeper of the Torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Posts
    6,454

    Default

    After reading elsewhere that the original schedule might have been timed so that the Halloween episode will fall on Halloween itself, I'm betting folks will now dress up for Halloween as Wanda and Vision in their comics-accurate costumes.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  11. #2666
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,655

    Default

    The WandaVision Trailer Confirms Scarlet Witch Is a Thanos-Level MCU Threat
    https://www.cbr.com/scarlet-witch-wa...-level-threat/

    How Old Is Scarlet Witch In The MCU? & 9 Other Things You Didn't Know About Her
    https://www.cbr.com/how-old-is-scarlet-witch-mcu-facts/

  12. #2667
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    Its very clear this is about Wanda and Vision. If you are writing a story about Wanda, with alot of it from her POV, its frankly impossible to use HoM as a source material, there is so little of Wanda in it that it would barely sustain 10 minutes of one episode of WandaVision.

    Wanda being a Witch is emphasized so much here, yet I find it revealing that so many have chosen to ignore the witchcraft being so prominent because it disproves their "mutant brood mare" fantasies.

    I also find it hilarious that Wanda watched Bewitched reruns as a kid.
    HOM is bad source material no matter what story you are planning.
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  13. #2668
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Thanks juan, I didn't notice that. I was going to say before you posted that there was a major HoM issue #1 vibe to the video.

  14. #2669
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,655

    Default

    Director Kevin Smith tweeted:

    KevinSmith
    @ThatKevinSmith
    ·
    Sep 20
    As a kid who bought the “Vision & the Scarlet Witch” comic book mini series in the 80’s, I’m so ready for this!
    @wandavision
    is clearly the creepy road to the Multiverse of Madness and this trailer has got my imagination going! Make mine
    @MarvelStudios
    !

  15. #2670
    Incredible Member Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post

    Wanda being a Witch is emphasized so much here, yet I find it revealing that so many have chosen to ignore the witchcraft being so prominent because it disproves their "mutant brood mare" fantasies.

    I also find it hilarious that Wanda watched Bewitched reruns as a kid.
    Preach!

    People need to stop trying to connect this to HoM/Mutants just because some youtubers are making theories without any proof

    I'm not worry about the Reality Warping stuff because you can make the same stuff with MAGIC, Agatha is literally there a whole Witch also this is connected with Dr Strange 2.

    I literally doubt that the MCU has any plans for mutants this early after all the movies from FOX, maybe in 3-4 years or more

    And yes, i believe they're going to take some things from HoM but that's all since that's the story most locals known
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 09-22-2020 at 12:30 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •