Page 92 of 271 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 4051

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I would use the Chthon connection to be the reason why Nightmare is targeting her in the first place and then expand on that in a later show or movie, a version of Yesterday Quest but with either Vision or Strange instead of Pietro
    That's a really interesting idea. I hope the folks at Marvel Studios know this story! I'm just wondering if Marvel Studios is gonna make Mephisto the "daddy" of Wanda's and Vision's kids. That would be really jarring!
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-13-2020 at 12:08 PM.

Yeah, why would you want to make Wanda the villain again after the work done to make her a popular heroine. Smells more like someone trying to make Wanda the scapegoat again
    Definitely have to take the rumors with truckloads of salt. I actually don't think Derrickson hates Wanda at all. He posted on his Twitter page WEEKS after stepping down as director of Dr. Strange 2 the following statement:

"WandaVision is gonna be great. #InsideInformation"

Does that sound like a dude who HATES the Scarlet Witch? I hardly think so. It seems to me he was happy to have Wanda in his movie, and he just was upset that he couldn't incorporate more horror elements into it.

I know it's frustrating for us fans to wait even longer for these movies and shows to come out, but I do believe health and safety comes first. And as I stated before these delays give Marvel creators WAY more time to make their products better. Derrickson himself stated on Twitter that:

"The pushing of all these big tentpole release dates will increase their overall quality — more time for script & production design development. Blade Runner looks so amazing because Ridley Scott & his team took a year during the 80-81 actors & WGA strikes to perfect the visuals. Additionally, we pushed the release date for Doctor Strange five months in order to get Benedict Cumberbatch. Had we not done that, we would not have had time to get the script right or figure out how to achieve a lot of the visuals."

I would much rather Wanda appear in a movie LATER that has been given more time to improve itself, as opposed to her showing up in a film SOONER that looked like it was gonna be a trainwreck (with writers and directors changing and falling out with Marvel Studios). So I don't mind waiting. I don't want to see the Scarlet Witch starring in a movie that's a disappointment (especially one that seems to be VERY important to Disney).

I just hope that WandaVision doesn't end up being just a "prequel" to the Multiverse of Madness with Strange villains taking over Wanda's story in her own series. I don't think that will actually happen, but I wouldn't blame Wanda fans for being angry if it did. We'll just have to see what transpires. I'm hoping the WandaVision and Dr. Strange 2 connects smoothly and seamlessly with one another WITHOUT interfering with each others' franchises TOO much. I think this is the most likely possibility. But it WILL be fun to see Dr. Strange and the Scarlet Witch do their thing later on. I want WandaVision to have its own unique identity that differentiates itself from the rest of the MCU. I believe that Wanda and Vision fans are absolutely entitled to that and should expect (and deserve) nothing less. It's only taken fifty years for Wanda's and Vision's story to appear on screen since they first got together in the comic books!
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-13-2020 at 01:20 PM.

I did not like quippy Ultron and feel like the majority of villains in the MCU have not been well done. I'm also against everyone being quippy. The thing that first got me into comics was seeing the relationships between characters despite everyone having different personalities. Some got along, some did not. Some were funny, some were very serious. They all had to work together for the greater good. It was way more interesting. And felt more relatable.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    That's a really interesting idea. I hope the folks at Marvel Studios know this story! I'm just wondering if Marvel Studios is gonna make Mephisto the "daddy" of Wanda's and Vision's kids. That would be really jarring!
    I doubt this completely. It is Disney after all.

Yeah, why would you want to make Wanda the villain again after the work done to make her a popular heroine. Smells more like someone trying to make Wanda the scapegoat again
    Eh a lot of these rumors are ridiculous. There's no proof out there that Feige sees Wanda in that way. And it would not make sense to have her go to the good side, to then just switch her back again. Feige has stated that he wanted to add the twins because of his love of bronze age comics. So I doubt he even considered to make her a villain. These rumors always feel like someone creating them to try to force their own wishes into reality. We know that the common thing on Youtube and Reddit is that they want Wanda to "go crazy" so she can give them mutants and then just leave. They don't really want anything else with the character and think the destruction of her was a power moment for her for some strange damn reason. Those are the types Marvel should listen to the least. They tried to with Civil War and it felt like two movies competing with each other.

I think those people are dumb. Superhero movies that go dark and gritty often fail to connect with wider audiences. With the notable exceptions of Joker and the Dark Knight trilogy, I don't think non-Batman superhero films succeeded in this manner. I mean Marvel TV's ratings plummeted I think largely because of its adult content (with the notable exception of Daredevil from what I hear).

I'm actually surprised to hear you didn't like a quippy Ultron! I had assumed you would be fully supportive of villains having a sense of humor just like the heroes do in the MCU.
    Both dark and lighter stories can fail because of bad writing and editing. Which has been much of DC's problem. Their comics have darker stories too, it just takes translating them well. I'd personally love to see a Justice League Dark live action movie. But I would not be interested in it at all if it was treated like regular Justice League was.

It would be great to see Enchantress (Amora) show up as a rival for Wanda.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I did not like quippy Ultron and feel like the majority of villains in the MCU have not been well done. I'm also against everyone being quippy. The thing that first got me into comics was seeing the relationships between characters despite everyone having different personalities. Some got along, some did not. Some were funny, some were very serious. They all had to work together for the greater good. It was way more interesting. And felt more relatable.
    Yes different personalities creates interesting dynamics. I totally agree with you there. I do think the MCU's tendency to kill off villains so quickly is highly problematic. They need character development just like heroes do. But I think Feige and his team are trying to improve on their mistakes from the past. I'm actually really surprised you aren't too big a fan of lots of comedy in the Marvel movies. I say this because I recall you saying you were weary of the more darker tones of previous superhero flicks. As you well know, my opinion is the more humor the better. Marvel does this way more than a lot of its comic book publishing rivals. I truly believe if the MCU didn't have the jokes and quips in their movies, it would have failed by now. I get bored when heroes like Wolverine and Spider-Man vocally express their self-doubt in their movies. I love it when Iron Man and Thor are portrayed as proud of their powers and enthusiastic about employing them to help the world. And humor can get people through some really tough times too. Like when Asgard was destroyed in Thor: Ragnarok:

Korg : [Asgard is now in ruins] The damage is not too bad. As long as the foundations are still strong, we can rebuild this place. It will become a haven for all peoples and aliens of the universe.

[Asgard explodes]

Korg : Oof. Now those foundations are gone. Sorry.

I thought that was a pretty funny quip. But a lot of Thor and Marvel fans were angered by it. But I think Korg was just trying to deal with a tragic situation by telling a joke. People say these kinds of things during difficult times, and I get why he did.

I think Feige's idea of removing the "secret identity" trope in the MCU makes the humor flow more naturally because everybody is open with each other and know each other so well. So I approve of that change as well. I don't know if they adapted it into the comic books yet. There's been plenty of heartfelt and serious moments in the MCU so I'm not concerned that they're leaving that stuff out. Before WandaVision gained more interest recently, a lot of people did not care for the project because they thought Vision and Wanda were the most "boring" characters in the MCU. I don't share that opinion, but I believe folks felt that way because the two of them hardly said a funny line. I think it's really cool that's all going to change soon. And I also approve of this change because it might make Wanda and Vision more popular like Thor and Loki have become more popular. As I said before, I don't really care if that's not comic book accurate. If readers prefer the comic book versions of the characters, read the comics. As Leokeoron said, the MCU is just another alternate universe for these characters to play in. I also heartily approve of Feige hiring more writers from Ricky and Morty. It appears the MCU is diving headfirst into even MORE humor in the future and it makes heroes and villains in it actually more sympathetic. I'm looking forward to seeing Vision doing "human" things and dressing like a boss!

I doubt this completely. It is Disney after all.
    That would be too insane, even by the standards of this series. I think it will be really interesting to see Wanda develop her powers. But I'm kind of most interested in how the family dynamics play out in the show the most. I think that makes me really different from the other posters on this thread. Part of me doesn't even want to have villains involved. Or for Vision and Wanda to engage in physical brawls with enemies. I always liked the idea in fiction where characters live decades of another life in "another world" but in reality only perhaps an half and hour passed in their real one. Like a person is living in a fake world for some unknown reason, but the emotions in it are actually VERY real. Famous examples of this include the classic Inner Light episode from Star Trek the Next Generation and For the Man Who Has Everything from DC Comics. There was an episode of Star Trek Voyager when the ship's doctor creates a holographic family program for himself. The show starts off really funny like in WandaVision, but at the end veered off in this totally different direction and actually became really poignant and touching at its conclusion. A sad ending yes, but the Doctor learned a lot from it. These kinds of stories can ONLY happen when there is a family dynamic involved. I sort of think that's why Bettany and Olsen are so excited by it. They're both theatre-trained actors and I think they enjoy doing character studies more than the action/adventure stuff. Luckily in this series, we'll probably get a nice blend of both. I HAVE to believe you want to be emotionally engaged by this show more than anything else.

Both dark and lighter stories can fail because of bad writing and editing. Which has been much of DC's problem. Their comics have darker stories too, it just takes translating them well. I'd personally love to see a Justice League Dark live action movie. But I would not be interested in it at all if it was treated like regular Justice League was.
    Yeah, I think DC has darker stories too. I'm not against darker stories at all. I think you need both the lighter and darker stuff like you said. The Justice League was a mess because there were just too many cooks in the kitchen. I think Justice League Dark would be hard to adapt because it looks pretty violent. That's why I support Marvel's/Disney's approach to making movies. I want kids to be able to enjoy the MCU's adventures with their parents. I don't think children should be shut out from enjoying superhero films. But again, I'm probably in the minority here! I'm a really immature dude, so I think that makes me stand out as a Wanda fan (who tend to be a little bit more serious in nature it seems).

Extraordinary Member

I would use the Chthon connection to be the reason why Nightmare is targeting her in the first place and then expand on that in a later show or movie, a version of Yesterday Quest but with either Vision or Strange instead of Pietro
    Well, I honestly cannot think of a connection with Nightmare, so Mephisto would probably be better.
    Some storyline like Mephisto wanting to tap into the power of his ancestors(technically Elder Gods are the mothers and fathers of Earth gods and demons.)

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Well, I honestly cannot think of a connection with Nightmare, so Mephisto would probably be better.
    Some storyline like Mephisto wanting to tap into the power of his ancestors(technically Elder Gods are the mothers and fathers of Earth gods and demons.)
    No thanks, Mephisto can stay away from Wanda and the MCU. Also there doesn't need a personal connection between Chthon and Nightmare for him to want his power.

Eh a lot of these rumors are ridiculous. There's no proof out there that Feige sees Wanda in that way. And it would not make sense to have her go to the good side, to then just switch her back again. Feige has stated that he wanted to add the twins because of his love of bronze age comics. So I doubt he even considered to make her a villain. These rumors always feel like someone creating them to try to force their own wishes into reality. We know that the common thing on Youtube and Reddit is that they want Wanda to "go crazy" so she can give them mutants and then just leave. They don't really want anything else with the character and think the destruction of her was a power moment for her for some strange damn reason. Those are the types Marvel should listen to the least. They tried to with Civil War and it felt like two movies competing with each other.
    Exactly. A lot of rumours are just wishful thinking, sadly in a lot of case, bad wishes

Yeah, I think DC has darker stories too. I'm not against darker stories at all. I think you need both the lighter and darker stuff like you said. The Justice League was a mess because there were just too many cooks in the kitchen. I think Justice League Dark would be hard to adapt because it looks pretty violent. That's why I support Marvel's/Disney's approach to making movies. I want kids to be able to enjoy the MCU's adventures with their parents. I don't think children should be shut out from enjoying superhero films. But again, I'm probably in the minority here! I'm a really immature dude, so I think that makes me stand out as a Wanda fan (who tend to be a little bit more serious in nature it seems).
    Justice League Dark isn't brutally violent for the most part. It would be more dark and scary than anything. And probably a lot of swearing. It'd be rated for teens, but not kids. But just like everything shouldn't be dark, not everything has to be for young kids. There are heroes for that demographic. Like Spider-Man, Cap, etc. Even for as dark and as violent as some Batman stories have been, there are those that aren't and kids can see just fine. I was 8 years old when Batman 89 was released. And it had a lot of violence. But it was fine to me. I still got the point that Batman was the hero, fighting back against bad guys. All the basics. There's a lot out there for kids. Some older stuff (teen +) isn't bad. So I don't think kids are being shut out at all. I think it's the opposite and things get tuned down a lot to appeal to a wider audience because of more ticket sales.

Again, my problem isn't with the darker stuff. It's bad editing and storytelling.

Now if everything is dark or everything is a joke, then it gets annoying. Because there's no variety.

I don't think that's been DC's problem though because movies like Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Shazam were not really dark. They just didn't have a good plan for their universe and the movies that failed did due to the story and editing.

Before WandaVision gained more interest recently, a lot of people did not care for the project because they thought Vision and Wanda were the most "boring" characters in the MCU.
    I haven't run into this at all. Even before WandaVision. People seemed to really latch onto Wanda. The reaction to Vision that I've seen is that they didn't let him do a lot. Which is true. They also extremely powered him down.