Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
I just think Marvel Studios wants to avoid offending people in Serbia by changing the name of Wanda's country of origin because Serbia WAS bombed in the 90s. And since there was going to be a battle with lots of casualties in Sokovia they just wanted to avoid that kind of connection. That's just my speculation though. I think Marvel's done a great job of trying to be sensitive to other countries' feelings when it comes to these things.

Yeah, I think the opportunity to redo Wanda as Romani on screen is past. I have no hope that Doctor Doom will be portrayed as a Romani EITHER. The only good thing coming out of this whole "whitewashing" controversy is that maybe Marvel Comics would get it in their thick heads to have characters like Doom, Pietro and Wanda be written by Romani writers. That would be cool.

I understand why they are keeping things under wraps concerning who the bad guys are in WandaVision, but I don't recall her being involved in cosmic affairs that much in the comics. So that's where my curiosity lies. And thank you for reminding me about Morgan Le Fey and Chthon. They definitely would like to get their hands on Wanda's powers.

I have to be frank with you and level with you and say that you have REALLY surprised me with your comments lately. This goes for leokearon too. You both have clearly been lifelong fans of superhero comic books. Obviously you like the whole good vs evil thing and the action/adventure stuff that is associated with it. But I have to acknowledge that you SHOCKED me when you stated that you thoroughly enjoy the NON-superhero elements of the books just as much. I'm talking about stuff relating to Wanda and Vision which have NOTHING at all to do with their superpowers. When I occasionally visit other online forums or read Internet video comments, it seems like EVERYBODY talks about how they want Wanda to "go crazy and kill a bunch of people" and how they want Vision to "do something" in the movies. And do something clearly means beating up the bad guys/gals. You seem genuinely curious to explore the backstories and personalities of Wanda and Vision just as much anything else. How refreshing. I kind of think you're in the minority here though. Even in the CBR threads. Only a select few people are even aware that Vision played Chet Baker's I Fall in Love Too Easily while he was cooking for Wanda in Captain America: Civil War. I read on YouTube a comment from a user saying he never thought he would hear such a beautiful song in a Marvel movie. That stuff just totally goes over ninety percent of viewers' heads (it's not their fault because it IS pretty subtle in the movies). And you even clearly told me that's how Vision is ACTUALLY like in the comic books. Like he's just as interested in learning more about the world as he is in saving it (unlike so many other characters in the superhero genre). I totally didn't know that! I just remember him being a badass robotic Avenger. I also think it is really odd that Wanda absolutely wants to take part in Vision's journey of discovery. I don't know if that's totally accurate when it comes to the comics though. Wouldn't it make a hell of a lot more sense if she was more attracted to dudes like Doctor Strange, the Black Knight, Loki, Brother Voodoo, Captain Britain, Daimon Hellstrom, Modred the Mystic and even Doctor Doom? They are all so deeply involved magical affairs and are keenly connected to things related to sorcery (and that's where Wanda's talents and interests lie). I don't think any of them give a damn about music, visual arts, fashion and cuisine. I think it's amusing and quirky that Wanda likes a purple-faced, battery-operated dude who does.
I hope they eventually do get Romani writers involved.

Some people view it from only an action standpoint. But comics and comics characters were always a bit more than that. Because they covered different facets of characters' lives and tried to make them relatable.

You don't have to share everything in common with people to fall in love with them. Opposites do attract. I do like the idea of her paired with Brother Voodoo. It just needs fleshed out. A lot.