Page 64 of 271 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think Strange will be the one needing not just her help, but the help of other mages, and that's why characters like Brother Voodoo will also be present.
    Maybe both. Like "I'll need you later, so I'll help you now".

Ultimate Member

I do like the idea of Dr. Strange getting more proactive about contacting and tying together disparate groups of sorcerers / mystically attuned sorts, perhaps out of necessity with A) the death of the Ancient One and B) Mordo out there, picking them off one by one, including Wanda, Voodoo, perhaps even Hellstrom (although with the cancellation of that project, probably not)...

I kinda wish that already existed in the comics. It would be neat, for instance, if young Billy Kaplan had begun dabbling in magic only to get a visit a month later from some peripheral character on the magical side of the MU, like perhaps Gazelle, of the Salem's Seven (in her human witch form, not her demon-form!), grand-daughter of Agatha Harkness, saying that 'they' have detected some arcane goings-on, and she's been sent to make sure he doesn't 'call uppe what he can't putte downe' and give him the basics on medding with forces he doesn't understand, as part of some sort of arcane community outreach (with her being one of the many lesser mystical sorts sent around to check out magical disturbances and determine if the big guns need to be called in...).

The magical community in New Salem seems like the perfect place to center this sort of thing, and Wanda, now that she's been geared in a more witchly direction (and with her pre-existing ties to Agatha Harkness), would be an interesting 'sheriff' for such a magical community.

It'd be more interesting (and original) than a 'magical school,' IMO.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 05-18-2020 at 02:33 AM.

I'm actually curious if Wiccan and Speed will play a role in the epic final battle at the end of the series that Bettany was talking about. Some people think the twins will disappear earlier in the show, but it's possible that the boys will be needed to fight against whatever demonic forces are involved at the conclusion of Wandavision. I think Vision's skill set against magic is kind of weak, so I believe Wanda, Dr Strange and the twins could be involved. That would be cool. A great way to introduce some new characters, and they might be used AGAIN in the Multiverse of Madness if they fight in this battle. I'm also wondering if Wandavision will get into her family history. If Wanda talks about her parents more and eliminates the possibility of Magneto being her father, it might reduce her chances in the future of being a villain. I was shocked to find out that Mags was no longer the Darth Vader in her life. I felt that even Pietro was not fast enough to run away from his father's legacy, but I understand he has been liberated from that stuff. I think the MCU should stick to their version of Wanda's and Pietro's origins. It was clear when Pietro talked about how the death of their parents affected them, it was a huge part of the history of their characters. And plus if Magneto was their old man, THEY'D be old as hell too.

I don't think Wanda will become evil. Bettany, Olsen and Feige have all stated how fun this series will be. It would be way too dark if she goes nuts. One way to prevent her from going over the edge is for Vis to tell her at the end of the show, "you can let me rest in peace, you're gonna be okay." Then why would she be angry? It would make no sense. And let's not rehash the whole powerful women "must go insane" trope. The events of the past year CLEARLY demonstrated how unpopular this idea is. That would be a total slap in the face of people suffering from mental illness who enjoy the MCU, and I don't think Disney and Marvel would wanna go down that route.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 05-18-2020 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I'm actually curious if Wiccan and Speed will play a role in the epic final battle at the end of the series that Bettany was talking about. Some people think the twins will disappear earlier in the show, but it's possible that the boys will be needed to fight against whatever demonic forces are involved at the conclusion of Wandavision. I think Vision's skill set against magic is kind of weak, so I believe Wanda, Dr Strange and the twins could be involved. That would be cool. A great way to introduce some new characters, and they might be used AGAIN in the Multiverse of Madness if they fight in this battle. I'm also wondering if Wandavision will get into her family history. If Wanda talks about her parents more and eliminates the possibility of Magneto being her father, it might reduce her chances in the future of being a villain. I was shocked to find out that Mags was no longer the Darth Vader in her life. I felt that even Pietro was not fast enough to run away from his father's legacy, but I understand he has been liberated from that stuff. I think the MCU should stick to their version of Wanda's and Pietro's origins. It was clear when Pietro talked about how the death of their parents affected them, it was a huge part of the history of their characters. And plus if Magneto was their old man, THEY'D be old as hell too.

I don't think Wanda will become evil. Bettany, Olsen and Feige have all stated how fun this series will be. It would be way too dark if she goes nuts. One way to prevent her from going over the edge is for Vis to tell her at the end of the show, "you can let me rest in peace, you're gonna be okay." Then why would she be angry? It would make no sense. And let's not rehash the whole powerful women "must go insane" trope. The events of the past year CLEARLY demonstrated how unpopular this idea is. That would be a total slap in the face of people suffering from mental illness who enjoy the MCU, and I don't think Disney and Marvel would wanna go down that route.
    That's one of the main problems with Magento being their father is due to Marvel's sliding time scale it is hard to justify a holocaust survivor having kids who are now in the last twenties. Also it would stop the whole my dad is evil therefore I'm evil nonsense that Marvel love to push

Given the twins seem to age during WandaVision it is possible to be involved in the final battle.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    That's one of the main problems with Magento being their father is due to Marvel's sliding time scale it is hard to justify a holocaust survivor having kids who are now in the last twenties. Also it would stop the whole my dad is evil therefore I'm evil nonsense that Marvel love to push

Given the twins seem to age during WandaVision it is possible to be involved in the final battle.
    Put him in stasis after WWII in his prime before he becomes a super-villain and Magneto is woken up in time to have the twins? Or just reinvent his origins to be more contemporary.

Oh, Marvel and time scale…

The 'My dad is evil' is rather common in fiction and Marvel is not tho only one to have used it.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

https://twitter.com/crimsonbucky/sta...08781196746752
    i just spent way too much time making this endgame scarlet witch funko pop
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Put him in stasis after WWII in his prime before he becomes a super-villain and Magneto is woken up in time to have the twins? Or just reinvent his origins to be more contemporary.
    The question then would be who put him in statis and why. Also they will never reinvent magento's origin, him being a Holocaust Survivor is core to his character.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Oh, Marvel and time scale…

The 'My dad is evil' is rather common in fiction and Marvel is not tho only one to have used it.
    True, but marvel love using it for Wanda.

Yeah, Marvel loves this theme. Particularly when it comes to Wanda and Vision. Wanda has to deal with Magneto while Vis has to deal with Ultron. And Magneto and Ultron seriously damaged their hero statuses at certain points in time. I think Marvel can work in Magneto into the MCU relatively smoothly, but it would be tough to make him Wanda's father. It's been clearly established that Pietro's and Wanda's parents were killed by Stark Industries weaponry. If Magneto was the daddy, then he would be dead. So I don't think Magneto can be their biological father. Him being her grandfather is the only way he can be related to Wanda in my opinion if he is to remain a Holocaust survivor. And I do believe being a Holocaust survivor is intrinsic to his identity, I agree with you about that. The only way I believe Marvel can modernize Magneto while still making him an Eastern European Jew is if he was born in the former Soviet Bloc and his family was persecuted by the Communists there. I think this latest retcon is here to stay, and I'm totally fine with it. I don't want Wanda to be defined by her twisted family history. She firmly belongs with people like Steve, Natasha, Clint, Pietro and Vision. People that she loves and cares about. The X-Men are already really popular. They'll probably sustain the MCU for years to come in the future. I'd rather the MCU focus more on concluding the character arcs of the Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-Man, Black Widow, Black Panther, Dr. Strange, War Machine, Incredible Hulk, Captain Marvel, Wasp, Falcon, Winter Soldier, Thor, Loki, Hawkeye, Vision and the Scarlet Witch before they get too far ahead with new characters. They'll eventually be overshadowed by new superheroes in the not too distant future. But they'll always remain my favorites because they made me fall in love with Marvel again.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 05-19-2020 at 11:27 AM.

Extraordinary Member

While the father-son relationship defintely is meant to redeem Vader in the end.
    Luke and Vader actually belong in the same story, they are there for each other's development.
    That being said, Wanda is kinda like Leia in this case, who while being closely connected to her brother, is less affected by her father.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, Marvel loves this theme. Particularly when it comes to Wanda and Vision. Wanda has to deal with Magneto while Vis has to deal with Ultron. And Magneto and Ultron seriously damaged their hero statuses at certain points in time. I think Marvel can work in Magneto into the MCU relatively smoothly, but it would be tough to make him Wanda's father. It's been clearly established that Pietro's and Wanda's parents were killed by Stark Industries weaponry. If Magneto was the daddy, then he would be dead. So I don't think Magneto can be their biological father. Him being her grandfather is the only way he can be related to Wanda in my opinion if he is to remain a Holocaust survivor. And I do believe being a Holocaust survivor is intrinsic to his identity, I agree with you about that. The only way I believe Marvel can modernize Magneto while still making him an Eastern European Jew is if he was born in the former Soviet Bloc and his family was persecuted by the Communists there. I think this latest retcon is here to stay, and I'm totally fine with it. I don't want Wanda to be defined by her twisted family history. She firmly belongs with people like Steve, Natasha, Clint, Pietro and Vision. People that she loves and cares about. The X-Men are already really popular. They'll probably sustain the MCU for years to come in the future. I'd rather the MCU focus more on concluding the character arcs of the Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-Man, Black Widow, Black Panther, Dr. Strange, War Machine, Incredible Hulk, Captain Marvel, Wasp, Falcon, Winter Soldier, Thor, Loki, Hawkeye, Vision and the Scarlet Witch before they get too far ahead with new characters. They'll eventually be overshadowed by new superheroes in the not too distant future. But they'll always remain my favorites because they made me fall in love with Marvel again.
    Well, I think Chthon is more like Wanda's "Ultron", because in both case, the "father/creator" has a clear intention and purpose for their child/creation. While Wanda/Pietro are more like an accident for Magneto.

Astonishing Member

The question then would be who put him in statis and why. Also they will never reinvent magento's origin, him being a Holocaust Survivor is core to his character.
    They can figure out the details. Maybe, who knows? While that origin does provide him with a powerful context unlike Captain America it becomes harder and harder to maintain that and keep him from being elderly/retired or dead. Marvel's going to have a tougher road to keep that intact than Fox and eventually they're going to have do eventually choose between being another Captain America or reinventing it. The comics sliding timeline is going to collapse for him eventually, as well.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    While the father-son relationship defintely is meant to redeem Vader in the end.
    Luke and Vader actually belong in the same story, they are there for each other's development.
    That being said, Wanda is kinda like Leia in this case, who while being closely connected to her brother, is less affected by her father.
    I do think it's true that Wanda and Pietro no longer being the children of Magneto is not a huge deal to either Wanda or Magneto, but does really impact the much more limited characterization of Pietro.

Wanda's got that whole Chthon thing going on, as well, so Mags isn't always as front-and-center in her personal drama.

So, if anyone is gonna get the 'together, you and I shall rule the galaxy' speech and his hand chopped off for saying no, it's gonna be Pietro.

Edit to add; I love the misspelling Magento almost as much as Rouge. I want Ian McKellen to play this fabulous Magento, who is almost exactly like Magneto, except he's *way* too into his purple cape...
    Last edited by Sutekh; 05-21-2020 at 07:32 AM.