Page 218 of 271 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 4051

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I know. Most releases delayed because of Covid have already started being released or showed up on the solicits though.
    There's a backlog. Unfortunately Darkhold was in it. It really sucks, but I'm not at all shocked. Wanda isn't exactly a priority for Marvel in the books. Which is why I'm happy she's at least that in TV/Movies. Because she'll be somewhere.

But really, Wanda doesn't need any conspiracy theories to why she's not in the books. That was even the case before the latest parental retcon and her being removed as a mutant. She was gone for longer actually.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 11-19-2020 at 01:55 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

WandaVision can bring more fans and atenttion to the character and she's part of future movie

I have seen some comicbook Scarlet Witch fans that are against the MCU Wanda (i understand the cast choice and etc ) but like... Ma'am, Marvel comics is literally treating her like trash at least she's having her moment in a big médium like the MCU
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 11-19-2020 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    WandaVision can bring more fans and atenttion to the character and she's part of future movie

I have seen some comicbook Scarlet Witch fans that are against the MCU Wanda (i understand the cast choice and etc ) but like... Ma'am, Marvel comics is literally treating her like trash at least she's having her moment in a big médium like the MCU
    Not only that but I think they are bringing movie Wanda more in line with comics Wanda. And I've seen people mention about her not being Romani in the movies, and that is true. But that is a layered and complicated thing. Wanda has stereotypes attached to her, that would make it difficult for any Roma woman to want to play her. It's better that those stereotypes aren't attached to a Roma character in the movies. And by that, I mean the dark magic stuff, which is really off limits in Romanipe. There is a way they could distance her from such things, like not having her be Pagan in the movies. And have conflict with the source of her powers. But they'd have to have Romani writers involved, so it didn't end up still being bad.

I personally became attached to her because she was a hero and on the Avengers. Not only that but at the time that I started reading, Deputy Leader of the Avengers which was a big deal for me.

And I hope eventually they introduce Romani characters that don't have magic, circuses, thievery, etc. attached to them.

Man, I don't think I've seen Wanda in anything other than the Empyre X Men thing and maybe Strange Academy? So I guess Feige looking at the books is false because they would have done something by now.

Darkhold is gonna take ages at this point.

Extraordinary Member

Some of them are those "purity over survival" types, which I cannot really agree.(Annnd there are also a subsection people who also tries very hard to tie comic Wanda's ethnic/religious background to Magneto/mutants, which I don't have much respect for.)
    While I would agree her Romani heritage gone is shame(even though it has stereotypical elements), trying to sell her other parts as important is a rather deliberate attempt at shaping her image into something she is not by Mag family fans and other types who are over-attached to some sub-elements of said character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Not only that but I think they are bringing movie Wanda more in line with comics Wanda. And I've seen people mention about her not being Romani in the movies, and that is true. But that is a layered and complicated thing. Wanda has stereotypes attached to her, that would make it difficult for any Roma woman to want to play her. It's better that those stereotypes aren't attached to a Roma character in the movies. And by that, I mean the dark magic stuff, which is really off limits in Romanipe. There is a way they could distance her from such things, like not having her be Pagan in the movies. And have conflict with the source of her powers. But they'd have to have Romani writers involved, so it didn't end up still being bad.

I personally became attached to her because she was a hero and on the Avengers. Not only that but at the time that I started reading, Deputy Leader of the Avengers which was a big deal for me.

And I hope eventually they introduce Romani characters that don't have magic, circuses, thievery, etc. attached to them.
    Yeah, for some reason Romani people had to bear some weird fabrication surrounding them.
    Don't know the exact history in terms of literature works, but Bram Stoker's Dracula had Romani people as the dark lord's servants, and most adaptions never really changed that part.

Well, I do like the Pagan part about Wanda, I feel it's unique in a way.(And Pagan belief, while not common among Romani I think, is as demonized by the mainstream literature as Romani people. Like how many pagan gods are shown as demons in fictions and stuff?)

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Some of them are those "purity over survival" types, which I cannot really agree.(Annnd there are also a subsection people who also tries very hard to tie comic Wanda's ethnic/religious background to Magneto/mutants, which I don't have much respect for.)
    While I would agree her Romani heritage gone is shame(even though it has stereotypical elements), trying to sell her other parts as important is a rather deliberate attempt at shaping her image into something she is not by Mag family fans and other types who are over-attached to some sub-elements of said character.
    It drives me nuts when I see people saying that MCU Wanda not being jewish is ''erasing a huge part of her character''. Like, it's so clear people who say that only ever cared about her as Magneto's daughter and not much else, because comic book Wanda never had ANY jewish history as a culture/tradition/religion. She was ethnically jewish at best because of Magneto, but that was it. At one point she even suggested to Billy, who IS religiously jewish, that he should convert to paganism, so like... to act like Wanda is some paragon of judaism is just a plain wrong interpretation of her character.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 11-19-2020 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    It drives me nuts when I see people saying that MCU Wanda not being jewish is ''erasing a huge part of her character''. Like, it's so clear people who say that only ever cared about her as Magneto's daughter and not much else, because comic book Wanda never had ANY jewish history as a culture/tradition/religion. She was ethnically jewish at best because of Magneto, but that was it. At one point she even suggested to Billy, who IS religiously jewish, that he should convert to paganism, so like... to act like Wanda is some paragon of judaism is just a plain wrong interpretation of her character.
    Yeah it seems to be some weird thing that developed on social media. Now it's spread like wildfire so people believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post

Yeah, the sooner stereotypes are gotten rid off the better (Wild Mountain TyHme, I'm looking at you).

Still Wanda doesn't need to be Romani in the movies and she definitely doesn't need to adhere to any stereotypes given she comes from fictitious country about which we know very little about. They could easily develop Solovia to be a country which doesn't hve any of the stereotypes associated with Eastern Europe.

It's not that I don't feel she needs to be Romani. I'd love that. It's just that I know the reality of Hollywood and how comics have treated the subject. And well, there's negative improvement in either. So I just don't have any hope there.

The furthest I've seen was the Quicksilver solo handled things well. Yeah... not much there. And I feel if I'm put off by most of the depictions, someone who grew up with Romanipen definitely would be.

I hope eventually books, tv and movies figure it out and get Romani involved with the creative process. Because right now it's anywhere from cringe to downright dangerous.

#ScarletWitch actress #ElizabethOlsen has confirmed that she'll begin filming her role in #DoctorStrangeInTheMultiverseOfMadness next month! Details:
    https://thedirect.com/article/doctor...marvel-filming
    I'm really REALLY surprised that Disney is proceeding with the filming. In my opinion, the pandemic is raging even WORSE than it was in the spring. And that's saying a LOT. For the first time in a while, I've notice grocery stores, pharmacies, restaurants and shopping malls getting VERY quiet again. And I have given up on people actually wearing masks and not social distancing. If they see monarchs, presidents and prime ministers getting the virus and surviving, I don't think they'll ever take it seriously. If this flu had a 10 percent fatality rate, people would not be so eager to party. I'm happy and relieved vaccines are on the way, but I think it's gonna be a difficult winter. The reason I'm shocked that Marvel is continuing with production is because I think more lockdowns are coming down the pipeline. At least I have plenty of food in my refrigerator.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It's kind of infuriating. Bucky and Sam got a book back when they thought their show was gonna be released in August. Black Widow too. Eternals. Wanda(and Vision) is getting nothing. I don't understand how a book that was supposed to be finished by December(Darkhold) can't even have its first issue released in January or February. And it wasn't even a solo/duo book but more of an "event" she was leading.
    I guess Wanda and Vision are Z-list characters now in the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I guess Wanda and Vision are Z-list characters now in the books.
    Pretty much, or so it would seem.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Seems like most sets have very limited people, testing and other precautions. We'll see how they handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Pretty much, or so it would seem.
    A very sad and depressing state of affairs. I do think Marvel wants to focus more on their "successors" like Wiccan and Viv Vision. You could make the argument Billy and Viv are more popular than their "parents" ever were. A-list.