Page 109 of 271 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 4051

At this point i'm just grateful that the MCU is giving her a whole series (in which Feige is very confident since it was his idea) and she will have her magical abilities, her master and i hope she gets a modern tiara as well and not just a cute easter egg of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Didn't Feige clearly state that fans will have to wait a LONG time before the X-Men appear? Like five years or something? I think it makes sense for Marvel Studios to allow some time to pass before introducing the X-Men because memories of the Fox version of the characters are still relatively fresh in the minds of the general public. This will definitely further reduce the chances of Magneto being Wanda's dad because by that time he'll be almost ONE HUNDRED years old (unless Marvel gives him life-prolonging powers in addition to his magnetic ones).
    I think you're not realizing that he said the 5 years quote a few years ago by now...

That said, I don't believe the rumor at all. It's from WGTC. And I don't see the point in making WandaVision and then a movie.

Cruelrain is right. It IS really hard for a female superhero to star in her own movie. I know that prospect frightens Olsen (she's said so publicly herself). Many of them bomb for whatever reason. Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman are recent exceptions to this general rule, but the concern is still there. We'll have to see if the Black Widow film does good. Wegotthiscovered is not a reliable site when it comes to entertainment information. I've read that they're actually the WORST source of fake comic book news on the Internet, so they can't really be trusted at all. Wanda definitely needs a great solo book to base a movie on. I just don't think there's enough time for her to get one before Olsen's contract is up. Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, and the Mighty Thor, from what I understand, DO have strong source material to allow them to star in their own shows and movies. There is basically only ONE online scooper that I trust completely: Roger Wardell. He's been right a LOT of the time and the leaks he publishes are often EXTREMELY detailed. He's kind of like the Entertainment Weekly of Internet scoopers to me. He's predicting that Clea will be Asian, that THREE different Ghost Riders will appear in Dr. Strange 2, that this movie will lead to the Midnight Sons, and that the main villain of the film will NOT be Nightmare. Which brings into question whether Nightmare will be the main baddie of WandaVision. I'm particularly excited about the Ghost Rider stuff because one of the very first comic books I ever read (I borrowed it from a really good friend of mine) starred Danny Ketch's Ghost Rider and I thought he looked so cool at that time. Got me interested in comics in the first place. I highly doubt Pietro will show up in Dr. Strange 2. I think it makes MUCH more sense for her to bring both Vision and Pietro back in WandaVision. I know there are doubters here that ATJ will show up because he hasn't been seen anywhere near where they are shooting WandaVision, but Disney totally knows how to keep secrets. I think the MCU has done a great job of totally SMOTHERING the identities of the actors who are gonna be playing the teenage versions of Speed and Wiccan. They have to be somewhat well-known due to their prominence in the comics, so I'm absolutely convinced that Disney could hide ATJ's role in the series even though we haven't seen him anywhere (and I think he will debut in the first episode to tell you the truth). The show would absolutely NOT be complete if Quicksilver and the Maximoff parents don't show up somewhere. But I'm also equally convinced that the Maximoff parents, Pietro and Vision will NOT survive the series. I think if Wanda brought back her dead family members back to the "real" world, it would be WAY too good to be true. And it would defeat the whole premise of this series.
    Female lead movies aren't really hard and have sold well when they legit tried. Bad movies will never do well, not matter what. Catwoman and Elektra being big examples of that.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think you're not realizing that he said the 5 years quote a few years ago by now...

That said, I don't believe the rumor at all. It's from WGTC. And I don't see the point in making WandaVision and then a movie.
    It wasn't a few years ago. It was right after they got the rights to the X-Men back. Which was a year ago in March. It's just that 2020 has felt so long, so everything feels like forever ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    At this point i'm just grateful that the MCU is giving her a whole series (in which Feige is very confident since it was his idea) and she will have her magical abilities, her master and i hope she gets a modern tiara as well and not just a cute easter egg of it.
    I feel exactly the same way. We should be thankful Feige is giving Wanda such a wonderful opportunity to showcase her personality and powers. I know a lot of fans of other characters want them to get their own shows and films too, so we're really lucky MCU Wanda is getting the love she deserves now.

Oh wow! I didn't know he made those comments a few years ago. I should do better research. Thanks for the update. And I agree with you. I don't see Wanda getting a solo movie at this point in time. I'm just happy she's getting a lot of action now in her own television show and in that Strange film. And I just want to add that I don't hate Magneto at all. He is one of my two favorite "villains" in the Marvel Universe. His powers are really cool and his tragic backstory makes him stand out in my opinion. I'm just not a huge fan of him and Wanda being related because of all the bad **** that's happened between them for the past several decades. And I would hate to see him being so old in the MCU again.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Female lead movies aren't really hard and have sold well when they legit tried. Bad movies will never do well, not matter what. Catwoman and Elektra being big examples of that.
    Funny you should mention Elektra. Ike Perlmutter cited this movie as the reason why female-led superhero movies were destined to fail:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elektra_(2005_film)

Lara Croft: Tomb Raider director Simon West thought it was weird it took so long for female-led superhero movies to pick up steam after his film was released almost twenty years ago:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lara_Croft:_Tomb_Raider

But I definitely get the sense that Hollywood studios are really REALLY afraid to do superhero movies with female leads even now. And this is coming after the success of Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel.

Oh wow! I didn't know he made those comments a few years ago. I should do better research. Thanks for the update. And I agree with you. I don't see Wanda getting a solo movie at this point in time. I'm just happy she's getting a lot of action now in her own television show and in that Strange film. And I just want to add that I don't hate Magneto at all. He is one of my two favorite "villains" in the Marvel Universe. His powers are really cool and his tragic backstory makes him stand out in my opinion. I'm just not a huge fan of him and Wanda being related because of all the bad **** that's happened between them for the past several decades. And I would hate to see him being so old in the MCU again.
    Well, as GenericUsername said, it was actually just 1 year ago lol. But either way, I still feel like it won't be long, we already have a whole lot of movies for the next couple years, soon enough X-Men will be officially announced somewhere when they make an update to the slate.

Well, as GenericUsername said, it was actually just 1 year ago lol. But either way, I still feel like it won't be long, we already have a whole lot of movies for the next couple years, soon enough X-Men will be officially announced somewhere when they make an update to the slate.
    Oh cool. I don't think it will be TOO long before they appear. The pandemic might have delayed things a little bit, but I think Feige seems eager to bring the X-Men (or whatever their name might be in the future) into the MCU. My personal belief is that Marvel Studios has GOT to change how they approach the mutants to differentiate themselves from the Fox franchise. Maybe like making the mutant minority want to take over the world from the human majority and the X-Men trying to stop that. I don't think anybody's in the mood for a re-hash of the same things that happened in the past twenty years when the X-Men belonged to another studio, you know? I think that's why they're taking their time with introducing mutants into the MCU. Especially with iconic characters like Professor X, Magneto and Wolverine. And I think they should focus on my two favorite mutants immediately, the blue dudes: Nightcrawler and Beast. I stopped reading comic books twenty years ago, so I've been doing a LOT of research online during this quarantine to catch up. I had no idea there was a new group created in the past fifteen years called the Young Avengers. I only knew of the "old" Avengers. Selfishly, I would like to see the Young Avengers in action sooner because I'm already familiar with the Fantastic Four and the X-Men. And I only lately found out that there's actually a THIRD Ghost Rider! And I definitely wouldn't mind seeing a Scarlet Witch solo movie. It's just that Marvel Studios is introducing like a hundred new characters in the next few phases, and each of them would naturally want their own films and shows as well. It would be hard for Wanda to get her own movie if everybody's demanding films and shows for their own favorite characters as well.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-27-2020 at 07:12 PM.

Funny you should mention Elektra. Ike Perlmutter cited this movie as the reason why female-led superhero movies were destined to fail:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elektra_(2005_film)

Lara Croft: Tomb Raider director Simon West thought it was weird it took so long for female-led superhero movies to pick up steam after his film was released almost twenty years ago:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lara_Croft:_Tomb_Raider

But I definitely get the sense that Hollywood studios are really REALLY afraid to do superhero movies with female leads even now. And this is coming after the success of Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel.
    You'll have your types that are reserved about it. But I don't think Marvel really is. The reason it took so long for Black Widow was Ikey poo. He's no longer in charge of that though. I don't think Wanda will ever get a solo because she was never really pushed that hard to be a solo character and that's the much bigger hurdle than anything in Hollywood. Because Feige seems to want to make things more diverse.

I won't be surprised if the X-men don't get official announced until around 2023. Hopefully by then the stupid Wanda should/must introduce the X-men rumours will be gone. (Yeah right)

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    You'll have your types that are reserved about it. But I don't think Marvel really is. The reason it took so long for Black Widow was Ikey poo. He's no longer in charge of that though. I don't think Wanda will ever get a solo because she was never really pushed that hard to be a solo character and that's the much bigger hurdle than anything in Hollywood. Because Feige seems to want to make things more diverse.
    Oh I think Marvel and DC are absolutely delighted with the results of their efforts to put women at the forefront of their superhero movies. I think they vastly exceeded their expectations. I also think some studios are STILL doing a really bad job having females star in their own action/adventure films. But I think Marvel and DC are doing great on that front. In musical terms, Wanda is more like a strong supporting member of a band like the Beatles. Whereas Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel are more suited to be solo stars like Elvis. But that's because of the way they were written in the comic books. I'm truly surprised Feige is pushing so many ladies forward in the upcoming phases. In the Infinity Saga women were severely underrepresented at first and written pretty much in the same way. I think we will see some diversity in personalities for the girls of the future.

You know, if the rumors are true that Dr. Strange 2 will usher in the Midnight Sons, maybe Wanda won't be sticking around for too long with Stephen's gang. I don't recall her really hanging around with Ghost Rider and Morbius in the comics. I think her pairing with Brother Voodoo makes a LOT of sense because of their shared mutual magical heritage and interest in sorcery. And Brother Voodoo is a very interesting and obscure character. My concern is that Wanda will be totally "stuck" in dealing with mystical/magical and supernatural "affairs" if she is so closely linked in the magical part of the Marvel Universe. I absolutely love those tales, don't get me wrong. But when she was with Vision and to a lesser extent Wonder Man, she also had her feet planted firmly in the "science fiction" corner of the Marvel Universe. I liked that diversity where she could fight against Mephisto as well as Ultron. It was so much fun because Vision and her had different skill sets and they were such a dynamic team. I think Brother Voodoo and her make a great team too, but they are a little bit more limited in terms of the stories they can be involved in. I wouldn't mind if Jericho Drumm and Wanda delve into the world of science fiction as well. As I stated previously, I have always loved the "inventors" of the Marvel Universe: Stark, Banner, Pym, McCoy, Richards, Parker, Doom, Norman Osborn, Doctor Octopus and Ultron. I wouldn't even mind if Helen Cho shows up in WandaVision and Vision gives her a big bouquet of flowers to thank her for "inventing" him and being such a great "mother". That would be in keeping with the family vibes of the show.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-28-2020 at 11:36 AM.

Ultimate Member

Funny you should mention Elektra. Ike Perlmutter cited this movie as the reason why female-led superhero movies were destined to fail: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elektra_(2005_film)
    I remember reading somewhere Avi Arad using Catwoman and Elektra's box office performances to mansplain how 'audiences didn't want movies about strong women' or some such nonsense. No genius, audiences don't want *movies that suck.*

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I remember reading somewhere Avi Arad using Catwoman and Elektra's box office performances to mansplain how 'audiences didn't want movies about strong women' or some such nonsense. No genius, audiences don't want *movies that suck.*
    Is that so? I didn't know that. No wonder we didn't see female-led superheroes for more than a decade after Elektra. I never saw the film, but I heard almost nothing but bad things about it. Same thing with Daredevil. Which really sucks because Daredevil is one of Marvel's best characters in my opinion. When I was really young, I actually read a BOOK about Daredevil titled Daredevil: Predator's Smile, which I enjoyed. I think those two Daredevil and Elektra films killed off any chance of a new Daredevil movie made by the MCU. Which truly sucks. I actually bought into the idea that women could NEVER carry superhero movies for a long time myself. That's why I was so surprised, no SHOCKED, when Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel did so well. I literally didn't see that coming as Pietro said famously MANY TIMES.

What I find ironic is that the the composer who wrote the music for Elektra, Christophe Beck, is going to be writing the music for WandaVision. I'm actually one of the very few people that I know of who pays a LOT of attention to movie/television music. I think television/film scores can REALLY elevate a show and/or movie and take things to another level. Some of my favourite Star Trek episodes from the 1990s had some amazing music in them. I hope this will be the case in WandaVision and Beck does a great job.

I'm actually hoping Vision will get a job in academia in WandaVision. He looks the part as a university lecturer. I think Wanda will be a stay-at-home mom.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-28-2020 at 01:13 PM.

Oh I think Marvel and DC are absolutely delighted with the results of their efforts to put women at the forefront of their superhero movies. I think they vastly exceeded their expectations. I also think some studios are STILL doing a really bad job having females star in their own action/adventure films. But I think Marvel and DC are doing great on that front. In musical terms, Wanda is more like a strong supporting member of a band like the Beatles. Whereas Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel are more suited to be solo stars like Elvis. But that's because of the way they were written in the comic books. I'm truly surprised Feige is pushing so many ladies forward in the upcoming phases. In the Infinity Saga women were severely underrepresented at first and written pretty much in the same way. I think we will see some diversity in personalities for the girls of the future.

You know, if the rumors are true that Dr. Strange 2 will usher in the Midnight Sons, maybe Wanda won't be sticking around for too long with Stephen's gang. I don't recall her really hanging around with Ghost Rider and Morbius in the comics. I think her pairing with Brother Voodoo makes a LOT of sense because of their shared mutual magical heritage and interest in sorcery. And Brother Voodoo is a very interesting and obscure character. My concern is that Wanda will be totally "stuck" in dealing with mystical/magical and supernatural "affairs" if she is so closely linked in the magical part of the Marvel Universe. I absolutely love those tales, don't get me wrong. But when she was with Vision and to a lesser extent Wonder Man, she also had her feet planted firmly in the "science fiction" corner of the Marvel Universe. I liked that diversity where she could fight against Mephisto as well as Ultron. It was so much fun because Vision and her had different skill sets and they were such a dynamic team. I think Brother Voodoo and her make a great team too, but they are a little bit more limited in terms of the stories they can be involved in. I wouldn't mind if Jericho Drumm and Wanda delve into the world of science fiction as well. As I stated previously, I have always loved the "inventors" of the Marvel Universe: Stark, Banner, Pym, McCoy, Richards, Parker, Doom, Norman Osborn, Doctor Octopus and Ultron. I wouldn't even mind if Helen Cho shows up in WandaVision and Vision gives her a big bouquet of flowers to thank her for "inventing" him and being such a great "mother". That would be in keeping with the family vibes of the show.
    Wanda was teased to appear in the Midnight Sons in comics, but it never happened. I wish it would. The team looked really good.

Wanda had a thing with Ghost Rider in UA. But it was alt universe. I don't consider it "stuck" in reference to magic. It's barely been touched on in her history and needs some fleshing out actually. Especially the Chthon stuff needs fleshed out. She never had her feet planted firmly in science fiction. Her mutant powers gave her a combination. But Vision and Wonder Man were their own thing. She can still fight against Mephisto and Ultron. She's still uber powered. The mutant thing was just a source of part of her abilities. The source hasn't really mattered so much. We have plenty of science based characters. It's magic that barely gets any love and it deserves a bigger push.