Page 3 of 271 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Nice art by Paul Renaud but the Avengers haven’t had much to do in the first issue especially since spoilers:
    it turns out they spent the entire first issue under mind control.
    end of spoilers

Renaud clearly loves drawing Wanda and I wish he’d get the chance to do it in a story set in the present.

Still it’s nice to see the classic Avengers + the mansion in a story.

It was what I expected from a nostalgic romp. It was decent. I just want a modern ongoing for Wanda. Her show is one of the most anticipated in the MCU. The character deserves some more panel time.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

apparently an audition of a son of Wanda leaked where Quicksilver is mentioned
    the user of Twitter "leaking" this apparently leaked some things before that were true but who knows

https://twitter.com/rpk_daniel/statu...006338561?s=09

even Jeremy Conrad tweeted about this, but he's not very reliable

https://twitter.com/ManaByte/status/...771918336?s=09

if this is true I don't think those children have been cast

I kinda think Wanda hasn't been used lately because Hickman has plans for her and Pietro.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    apparently an audition of a son of Wanda leaked where Quicksilver is mentioned
    the user of Twitter "leaking" this apparently leaked some things before that were true but who knows

https://twitter.com/rpk_daniel/statu...006338561?s=09
    Interesting

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

even Jeremy Conrad tweeted about this, but he's not very reliable

https://twitter.com/ManaByte/status/...771918336?s=09

if this is true I don't think those children have been cast
    The original video was posted two months ago on Vimeo, so it's possible they've been cast already, specially because the kid was reading for a Halloween scene, and we know they shot Halloween scenes already.

https://vimeo.com/369217184

Another scene:

https://vimeo.com/369216689

Interesting dialogue...

I think the audition is real. Would be weird for someone to just... Make a kid pretend to be auditioning for something and even coming up with the dialogue for it and everything. "Timmy" as Tommy's fake audition name was also in a supposed leaked casting call for the twins at like 8yo or something. And there's talk about Halloween, and there was a leak about WandaVision having a Halloween themed episode, that actually came up AFTER this video was uploaded(it says on Vimeo that it was posted 2 months ago. Either it just flew under the radar until now or it was private or something).

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I kinda think Wanda hasn't been used lately because Hickman has plans for her and Pietro.
    I don't think so. Hickman isn't known for using either character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Nice art by Paul Renaud but the Avengers haven’t had much to do in the first issue especially since spoilers:
    it turns out they spent the entire first issue under mind control.
    end of spoilers

Renaud clearly loves drawing Wanda and I wish he’d get the chance to do it in a story set in the present.

Still it’s nice to see the classic Avengers + the mansion in a story.
    spoilers:
    I got kinda excited when Wanda talked about stuff like "when old gods roam the Earth", hey my girl did know this kind of stuff! And then it turns out it's not part of her mystical study.
    I still think Wanda should know more about the general mystical history and stuff though.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post

Interesting
    If Hickman didn't bother to use her in an Avengers run, I doubt he would care about her in an X-Men run. If he does, it would be most likely some kind of displaced interest.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I was just thinking about that audition tape and the kid mentioning an uncle. Everyone is jumping to the conclusion he is talking about Pietro, but here's a thought: considering we know the show was partially inspired by Tom King's The Vision.... what if the uncle is actually Victor Mancha? Maybe Feige knew in advance that Runaways was getting cancelled and they wouldn't have the opportunity to use Victor there. I mean, I would obviously prefer if it was Pietro and we got a Maximoff siblings reunion, but you never know...

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I was just thinking about that audition tape and the kid mentioning an uncle. Everyone is jumping to the conclusion he is talking about Pietro, but here's a thought: considering we know the show was partially inspired by Tom King's The Vision.... what if the uncle is actually Victor Mancha? Maybe Feige knew in advance that Runaways was getting cancelled and they wouldn't have the opportunity to use Victor there. I mean, I would obviously prefer if it was Pietro and we got a Maximoff siblings reunion, but you never know...
    I think Wanda bringing Pietro back just seems more likely than... Victor Mancha somehow existing(with the Ultron connection, that is, which is how he would be an uncle to the kids).

it would have been interesting to see how the Mutants and villains would have reacted if Wanda appeared or interacted with them in Krakoa but then i remember that Wanda ins't a Mutant anymore so it's irrelevant and doesn't benefices her, maybe if she had a role like the anti christ for them and trying to help them like she tried before but the writer somehow forgot.

If she was a Mutant she deserves to be there i mean they let Gorgon and Emplate and Apocalypse in..
    and unlike Wanda none of those people were out of their minds or losing control of their powers when they committed their atrocities.

It's pretty damn hypocritical lol.

Also i think Wanda and Magneto never interacted again since AXIS?? it's so strange and wrong i mean, i got that he's not their real father but they were family for almost 40 years and i think they cared for each other

IMG_20200104_052920.jpg

Also weren't Wiccan and Speed Mutants as well? they weren't in Krakoa

IMG_20200104_053056.jpg

everything it's so confusing

it would have been interesting to see how the Mutants and villains would have reacted if Wanda appeared or interacted with them in Krakoa but then i remember that Wanda ins't a Mutant anymore so it's irrelevant and doesn't benefices her, maybe if she had a role like the anti christ for them and trying to help them like she tried before but the writer somehow forgot.

If she was a Mutant she deserves to be there i mean they let Gorgon and Emplate and Apocalypse in..
    and unlike Wanda none of those people were out of their minds or losing control of their powers when they committed their atrocities.

It's pretty damn hypocritical lol.

Also i think Wanda and Magneto never interacted again since AXIS?? it's so strange and wrong i mean, i got that he's not their real father but they were family for almost 40 years and i think they cared for each other

IMG_20200104_052920.jpg

Also weren't Wiccan and Speed Mutants as well? they weren't in Krakoa

IMG_20200104_053056.jpg

everything it's so confusing
    Even if she was a mutant again, I don't see her wanting to be in Krakoa. Or the Avengers office giving her to the X-Office, either(despite them not using her, sigh). And she probably wouldn't be welcome, either(which is hypocritical considering the kinds of people who are in there, but anyway).

It was never properly established that Billy and Tommy were mutants. They were called it a few times, but there are a bunch of other reasons why they could have their powers, and I guess that with the Wanda retcon it was like it just applied to them too or something.

The opportunity for Wanda to make up for M-day was when she came back from her long hiatus. And that was already 7 years ago. They blew that chance with her with the mess that was AvX and UA.

The character needs to be allowed to move on. Because nothing is gonna fix what happened.

I also don't want her in Krakoa. Even when she was a mutant, she didn't spend really much time on that side of things. They've been pushing her into the pure magic realm of things. Being a mutant isn't necessary to her powers, nor her narrative. To me it's not interesting to see how people would react to Wanda on Krakoa. Because it'd be the same as all the other times she's come across mutants since M-day.