Page 223 of 271 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 4051

‘WandaVision’: Elizabeth Olsen Has Already Talked About Fitting Babies Into Her Schedule With Marvel Boss Kevin Feige
    https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...in-feige.html/

WandaVision will kick off phase 4 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe in January. The series marks the first time that Elizabeth Olsen’s Scarlet Witch will be the center of the story, and it will be tackling some heavy subjects. According to Olsen, WandaVision is a “gift” from Marvel that has allowed her to ‘take ownership’ of Scarlet Witch.

‘WandaVision’ will cover the ‘stigma’ of mental health in the MCU

All of the promotional images surrounding WandaVision show Wanda and Vision (Paul Bettany) living the idyllic life of a suburban couple in a TV sitcom. But Olsen says that the series will explore a big part of Scarlet Witch’s character in the Marvel comics — mental health.

Olsen says that WandaVision is an “incredible concept.” It’s the first time that fans will get to understand her character as the Scarlet Witch that she is in the comics. Olsen found that to be exciting because she hasn’t been able to give the character that time on screen.
    “So that’s going to be fun,” Olsen told The New York Times. “She’s always been a representation of mental health and illness in the comic book series, and her major role is handling that stigma within Marvel.”

Olsen admitted that when Marvel boss Kevin Feige first called her to talk about WandaVision, she thought she was in trouble. As it turned out, Feige was offering her the chance to really dive into her Marvel character in a way she had not done before.

Elizabeth Olsen appreciates that Marvel does not try to take control of actors’ lives
    Olsen explained that the amazing thing about working for Marvel is that producers never tell anyone to get into any kind of physical shape. The actress explained that they don’t have any expectations of an actor being thin or strong.

“They just assume that if you think your character needs that, that you will do that,” Olsen revealed. “It’s not something that they hold over you. I literally asked [Feige] at one point, ‘So when can I have kids? When can I be pregnant?’ And he goes, ‘Live your life, and we’ll work around it.'”

Olsen doesn’t plan on getting pregnant in the next five years, but having a baby is something she is “really excited for.” She also knows that when the time comes, Marvel will be accommodating, and she appreciates that.

The 31-year-old says that she never wanted to have any kind of power in the entertainment industry. She simply loves her job and is happy doing just that and charity work while “being as private as possible.”

‘WandaVision’ allowed Elizabeth Olsen to ‘take ownership’ of her character
    According to Entertainment Weekly, Feige sold Olsen on WandaVision when he referenced specific Scarlet Witch storylines. She would not reveal which ones due to spoilers. But Feige promised her the chance to explore Wanda’s past and see the full capabilities of her powers.

“It’s been the biggest gift that Marvel’s given me, getting to do this show,” the actress says. “You get to just focus on her and not how she felt through everyone else’s storylines.”

After making her debut as Scarlet Witch in 2014’s Avengers: Age of Ultron, Olsen has traced her character’s dramatic evolution. She has transformed from a traumatized antagonist dealing with the violent loss of her entire family to a strong hero that wasn’t afraid to face Thanos.

Olsen says that she already felt like she had ownership of the Scarlet Witch character because Marvel always encourages the actors to be “part of the process.” But after WandaVision, she feels “a really strong sense of ownership.”

“If anyone wanted to ask me a question about the future or just a question about what she would think, I feel like this time has provided that,” Olsen noted.

WandaVision debuts on Disney+ on January 15.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    How y'all feel about Kevin calling her the most powerful??

I'm living for it

But is she “the most powerful” because she can warp reality? If that turns out to be part of her power set in the show/MCU, will her fans be upset about it? Part of me thinks it’s going to be part of her powers as a variation of it happened in Age of Ultron with her giving nightmare realities to the Avengers. Which is sort of an altering of realities... The lack of definition in her powers is what makes this series so exciting. We might not enjoy everything they might do (reality warping powers) but it also allows us to get a fully developed Scarlet Witch.

Though, when they mentioned her power being unlocked, could it be that the Mind Stone unlocked/triggered a certain gene? :P

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    But is she “the most powerful” because she can warp reality? If that turns out to be part of her power set in the show/MCU, will her fans be upset about it? Part of me thinks it’s going to be part of her powers as a variation of it happened in Age of Ultron with her giving nightmare realities to the Avengers. Which is sort of an altering of realities... The lack of definition in her powers is what makes this series so exciting. We might not enjoy everything they might do (reality warping powers) but it also allows us to get a fully developed Scarlet Witch.

Though, when they mentioned her power being unlocked, could it be that the Mind Stone unlocked/triggered a certain gene? :P
    I feel like she will be able to warp reality in just that area in Westview because she made a spell or something (could be Agatha or the fianl villain ) she being in Dr Strange 2 and the inclusion of Agatha in her series means she will probably have Magic Base powers

Kevin Feige said in this interview, “Who else is aware of that power?”

it's obviously Agatha and she's probably working for someone far more powerful

WandaVision: Kevin Feige Teases Scarlet Witch's Untapped Power

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...-witch-powers/

I feel like she will be able to warp reality in just that area in Westview because she made a spell or something (could be Agatha or the fianl villain ) she being in Dr Strange 2 and the inclusion of Agatha in her series means she will probably have Magic Base powers
    I do fear that she could be an antagonist in Doctor Strange 2 though. I hope not.... but with the whole Multiverse of Madness being the title... there are a couple definitions for madness:

- the state of being mentally ill, especially severely.
    - a state of frenzied or chaotic activity

And if they have House of M in the mix with this (it was also one of the comics Joss gave to her, I believe? And she mentioned Feige said that they mentioned comics she was given at the start were being referenced... it could lead to something that a good chunk of the Wanda fans on here might not enjoy. I personally didn’t hate House of M*... Disassembled was a lot though. I thought it could have been better explored instead of just sending her away and making her disappear for a while. I like seeing my favorite characters going through things but I also like to see them grow and learn/have a proper story which failed to happen at times with her. I’m hoping if they go down any of these routes, they do it with respect.

* Olivier Coipel draws a beautiful Wanda (and literally the best versions of every character he touches) so that probably helps with my appreciation of the series.

“Where did it come from? Did the Mind Stone unlock it?”

people losing their minds because they think this is about mutants

Don't think it's a mutant thing. There are set pics that seem to feature a coven of witches, either in flashback or present day. It's leaning more toward revealing she's descended from witches and the mind stone unlocked her innate ability of "real" magic.

Don't think it's a mutant thing. There are set pics that seem to feature a coven of witches, either in flashback or present day. It's leaning more toward revealing she's descended from witches and the mind stone unlocked her innate ability of "real" magic.
    You never know. How does that explain Pietro’s powers though? Being super fast isn’t a witch/warlock power... I think it’s a plausible idea that can’t be shut down right away. I wouldn’t bet on it though... For all we know, that scene from the show could be telling us about Agatha Harkness’ power.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    You never know. How does that explain Pietro’s powers though? Being super fast isn’t a witch/warlock power...
    Maybe the mind stone gave him his powers LOL

Seriously talking, if Pietro really does have a cameo in the series, I wonder if he will the accent.

It would be so weird since Wanda doesn't have it and all they said is that Natasha trained her to speak without an accent.

Maybe the mind stone gave him his powers LOL

Seriously talking, if Pietro really does have a cameo in the series, I wonder if he will the accent.

It would be so weird since Wanda doesn't have it and all they said is that Natasha trained her to speak without an accent.
    I do wonder if he’d have one... if he did, I’m sure they’d tell him to ease it up a bit. I personally would love to get a little more Pietro as I loved Aaron Taylor Johnson’s take on him. I’d even kill to get a mention of him as he hasn’t really been spoken about since Age of Ultron.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Iron Man: The 1994 Series Didn't Do Scarlet Witch Justice
    https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-1994-di...witch-justice/

Damn right
    In another article "Cows go Moo!"

There have been at least two official books which have hinted that the Mind Stone did unlock the twins' latent powers (which would also explain how they were the only ones to survive the experiments).

I wish they wouldn't use the "Office" as a sitcom inspiration. I personally prefer FAMILY sitcoms because that's what this show is going to be about. I mean, why not do "Two and a Half Men" for the 2000s? Well, thankfully they aren't using "Friends"
    Last edited by Albert1981; 11-23-2020 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    WandaVision Explores Scarlet Witch’s ‘Ill-Defined Power-Set’, Says Kevin Feige

Feige: “If you look at the Infinity Saga, I don’t think any single person has gone through more pain and trauma than Wanda Maximoff. And no character seems to be as powerful as Wanda Maximoff. And no character has a power-set that is as ill-defined and unexplored as Wanda Maximoff. So it seemed exploring that would be worthwhile post-Endgame. Who else is aware of that power? Where did it come from? Did the Mind Stone unlock it?”

I like how her power set is incredibly poorly-defined in every medium.

Hopefully "who else is aware of that power" suggests that there is a villain and it's not Wanda.
    It can go both ways. To have Wanda's powers be so AGGRESSIVELY vague can make writers do bad things to her. And I do think it hurts her popularity too because of how inconsistent it is. Take the character Storm for example. Her name suggests she can control the weather...And basically that's her power. Easy to understand and Storm has remained a remarkably popular superhero throughout the decades.

I agree with you. I think the series will borrow more from Robinson's work than people here anticipate. Interviews have already stated that the series will get into Wanda's past. And I think that will involve witches. If you look at the WandaVision IMDB page, an actress by the name of Jolene Purdy will appear in ALL six episodes of the show. That's just as much as all the other main characters of the show. I think she will be a witch of some sort.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 11-23-2020 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    There have been at least two official books which have hinted that the Mind Stone did unlock the twins' latent powers (which would also explain how they were the only ones to survive the experiments).
    So as to make them mutants? Or just to explain where their powers came from?