Page 26 of 271 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast

I thought the same but after the M day a lot of people of the X-Men fandom still hating on her (i mean they have the right but Wanda wasn't right in the head and was used as a plot device)

it wouldn't be bad if she works together with some of the x-men in one event or something

but i think she belongs to the Avengers and she doesn't need the mutant/x-men thing to survive as a character

some people even think that the only thing important about Wanda was her mutant connection and her father but i think they're wrong or are not actually fans of the character
    I would personally like to see her interacting with Jean Grey

(the original Jean Grey)

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I thought the same but after the M day a lot of people of the X-Men fandom still hating on her (i mean they have the right but Wanda wasn't right in the head and was used as a plot device)

it wouldn't be bad if she works together with some of the x-men in one event or something

but i think she belongs to the Avengers and she doesn't need the mutant/x-men thing to survive as a character

some people even think that the only thing important about Wanda was her mutant connection and her father but i think they're wrong or are not actually fans of the character

(the original Jean Grey)
    A team up with Jean wouid be great. They have a few things in common like being in love triangles and being hounded by strange cosmic forces. It would be interesting to see how they interact. Though Ghost Jean wasn't her biggest fan.

I hope Marvel gives her a new comic or something after the WandaVision push

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post

(the original Jean Grey)
    And it's so weird that people think that. Because Mags was barely ever in her life and all her friendships and relationships were with people on the Avengers side. Her whole life was there. Over 50 years of history. But they go back to 9 issues of UXM for any sign of anything significant. And there just wasn't. She served the Brotherhood to pay back a life debt, and when that was over she left.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    A team up with Jean wouid be great. They have a few things in common like being in love triangles and being hounded by strange cosmic forces. It would be interesting to see how they interact. Though Ghost Jean wasn't her biggest fan.

A lot of the similarities between Wanda and Jean have to do with how comics depicted women at one point. They had a decent friendship in the First Class off shoot book, but that's not considered canon for 616. Wanda isn't really hounded by a cosmic force. Her tie to Chthon is magical and works a bit differently. She's not possessed by it. It's something she was born with. It is her primary source of power now after several rewrites or retcons of her abilities.

The Phoenix is a mess. It's both been a permanent part of Jean and not, has lead to her death and resurrection. It has fully possessed her after her having complete control of it. It is the main source of pain but not the main source of her powers. To where Wanda's pain came from tapping into another power entirely that was the one that possessed her fully. Chthon has possessed her once, but that was a different deal than what the Phoenix did to Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    A lot of the similarities between Wanda and Jean have to do with how comics depicted women at one point. They had a decent friendship in the First Class off shoot book, but that's not considered canon for 616. Wanda isn't really hounded by a cosmic force. Her tie to Chthon is magical and works a bit differently. She's not possessed by it. It's something she was born with. It is her primary source of power now after several rewrites or retcons of her abilities.

The Phoenix is a mess. It's both been a permanent part of Jean and not, has lead to her death and resurrection. It has fully possessed her after her having complete control of it. It is the main source of pain but not the main source of her powers. To where Wanda's pain came from tapping into another power entirely that was the one that possessed her fully. Chthon has possessed her once, but that was a different deal than what the Phoenix did to Jean.
    Also Jean's most diabolical act was retconed to not even being her, while Wanda has to live with hers even though she wasn't in her right state of mind.

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    I wish Samnee would get to draw Wanda more .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wish Samnee would get to draw Wanda more .
    Me. Too.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    And it's so weird that people think that. Because Mags was barely ever in her life and all her friendships and relationships were with people on the Avengers side. Her whole life was there. Over 50 years of history. But they go back to 9 issues of UXM for any sign of anything significant. And there just wasn't. She served the Brotherhood to pay back a life debt, and when that was over she left.
    My opinion for what it's worth is that it all goes back to that one episode of the X-Men '90s cartoon that she was in, where she and Pietro found out they were Magneto's children.

It barely made any sense to a viewer of the show because she just showed up almost out of nowhere. But the audience for the cartoon was huge, much bigger than even the '90s comic book audience, so it almost single-handedly made her relationship to Magneto more important, setting the stage for it to be more important in X-Men: Evolution and Wolverine & the X-Men and some of the comics (though not as much before HoM).

And then the only cartoon that really tried to emphasize her Avengers roots was Avengers: United They Stand and almost nobody watched it (or liked it). TV is a powerful thing.

Of course other media don't always bleed into the comics, which is why her Magneto ties weren't big in the comics before House of M and why her MCU version hasn't really translated into anything in the comics so far. But I think that one episode did finally make her "Magneto's daughter" to a lot of people when most comics readers were only vaguely aware of it before.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    My opinion for what it's worth is that it all goes back to that one episode of the X-Men '90s cartoon that she was in, where she and Pietro found out they were Magneto's children.

It barely made any sense to a viewer of the show because she just showed up almost out of nowhere. But the audience for the cartoon was huge, much bigger than even the '90s comic book audience, so it almost single-handedly made her relationship to Magneto more important, setting the stage for it to be more important in X-Men: Evolution and Wolverine & the X-Men and some of the comics (though not as much before HoM).

And then the only cartoon that really tried to emphasize her Avengers roots was Avengers: United They Stand and almost nobody watched it (or liked it). TV is a powerful thing.

Of course other media don't always bleed into the comics, which is why her Magneto ties weren't big in the comics before House of M and why her MCU version hasn't really translated into anything in the comics so far. But I think that one episode did finally make her "Magneto's daughter" to a lot of people when most comics readers were only vaguely aware of it before.
    I think it was a culmination of several factors, the X-Men being a hot brand that netted them several cartoons, the children of Magneto origin being established, and Wanda being one of the few female Brotherhood members, so that every X-Men cartoon always had the potential to mine that, and each did to a more subsequent extent then the one that proceeded it.

They could have pushed a non-Magneto daughter Wanda if they had used her in Avengers Assemble, but she was caught up in the movie rights.

Wanda wasn't really caught up in the movie rights for the cartoons or movies. Fox and Marvel could use her. What kept her from EMH was the show was cancelled. What kept her from Avengers Assemble is at the time they were pushing the originals from the first movie. And only added a couple more here and there. But Wanda wasn't in the movie verse just yet. She did get into the movie verse while the show was still going. But it had already established it's roster by then.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

That's part of the problem. Wanda has mostly appeared in cartoons as Magneto's daughter, not just the X-men ones but also Super Hero Squad. Here only non-Magneto kid appearances have been the MCU, The 60's Cap show and United We Stand.