Page 131 of 271 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 4051

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I want it to be over
    You're very direct! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    For all we know it could be untrue, or we could just get white Vizh as an appearance and nothing more. But we have a five month wait at the very least before we find out for sure.
    Yeah, I think the writers of the show are gonna go in a different direction, IF the rumors are indeed true. But I'm sort of resigned to the fact that White Vision will show up somewhere. I'm also curious what costume Olsen's gonna get at the end of the series. I really hope it's not too revealing. I saw some covers of the Scarlet Witch solo series and I'm thinking the MCU might go with the one she wore there. But it IS a little bit revealing. For some reason, I like the red leather coat. I think it would be nice if she wore it in memory of Natasha.

I also think it's strange that Wanda might be involved in some really important mutant shenanigans in the near future that can have a big impact on the entire Marvel Universe, and yet you're completely uninterested in them (despite being such a big fan of the Scarlet Witch).
    Last edited by Albert1981; 07-25-2020 at 09:20 PM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    What happened in that X-Men tie-in felt completely out-of-character for Wanda to me. Made her look both irresponsible and incompetent in my eyes. I can only bear the current X-Men runs anyway if I assume them to be alternate universe. That there she was wearing her classic outfit and appears in the Avengers tie-in as if nothing happened only solidifies that for me. Every mutant hating on Wanda doesn’t even fit with the current “Strange Academy”, where Magik once again has no problem being in one room with Wanda.

With everything Hickman had written so far it seemed to me that he absolutely loathes Wanda. So I was starting to wonder what happens if he actually gets his hands on her. Now I’ve got the answer: “She gets eaten by Zombies”.

And what’s that about “ringing a bigger bell”? Wanda helped save the entire Universe in “Avengers: No road home” Was that bell not big enough?!?

The only good thing I see there is that now she was in a current X-Men book, Wanda did not join that Fascist-Mutant-Island-State. Would make no sense, yet fitting, since nothing the X-Men characters currently do makes sense.

Note that I might totally eat my words regarding Hickman, as I have no clue what his real intentions towards Wanda are. I don’t even know why he is doing what he is doing with the X-Men currently. But I don’t even expect Wanda to reappear in that X-Men tie-In.

On a more positive note - although I am super late at it - I absolutely love Wanda’s portrayal in the “Star” mini. Her being full of hope and believing in the good in one person fits her very well. Yet at the same time it made me despise that “Star” Character. Super weird considering that was her own run. Nowhere near that extreme, but Carol didn’t look good to me, with her screwing up Wanda’s attempt to reach out to “Star”. But Yeay for moments with Wanda and Carol! While I wished for more, at least, despite having opposing opinions, they did not engage in a stupid Superhero vs. Superhero fight.
    This is really an Understandlbe breakdown on why and utimaltely if Hickman does not deliver a good finish to this story that it just might leave many fans upset with him cause he did not treat Wanda well or treat the whole story up to this point of her already known Redemption arcs with Children's Crusade & AvX with the respect they should have been left with. Sure some in the fandoms whole still gripe about it, but most fans moved on willing to accept what we got.

But Indeed I would not put it as eat your own words cause you just want the Best for Wanda and You hope for the Best.
    Hickman can and maybe one of the Few that can deliver a good Finish to brings out the Best for Wanda and for Mutants, we have to see but I have hope it will be that way cause it is hard to believe he leave it more negative, espcially since Wanda in the present time is still active after these evens and seeming to be well.

Mostly Important, You care about Wanda like Many Fellow Fans and You Don't want her to be smeared or put threw such unessary hardships or character smearing like we had in the past, that What makes you a Very Good Wanda fan and why your post is from the heart and well said, Thank You for it Probability010!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Honestly IMO to put a more Postive light on it just this Single Issue, Hickman Stories to fully be completed to understand what he is going for, just by this issue This Shows Wanda does and Has Always cared about the events of HoM and Decimation and when Marvel Staff gets around to showing it they show her Very Devistated by it and no matter how much it was cause of Possession or Madness or Villains like Dr. Doom she still takes allot on herself and wants to make right by it.

Either Threw Children's Crusade Almost Succeding or AvX helping to Make more mutants or Now Even try to Reverse more of the effects of HoM and when more can't be done still trying to Resurect Millions of Dead Mutants at the hand to another that she was not apart of, she is Truly Working to make things Better. Their is no more nobel of an Ideal for a Character, and No the imporant point is not that it didn't fullly work for Now, it is that she is being shown to work at it and help mutants to make up for the past. Hickman shows she worked HARD to try to make this work, over a years work. It shows Wanda is not the uncaring character some might think she is, that when written about this subject she tries to make it right.

Yea some might cheerpick bad writing here and their but it is comics, it comes with the teritory. But Wanda's fans and Many I know in the Real World think of the Best of Wanda and know she works to better what went wrong.

So IMO this shows she is working towards making this right, it just shows that it might take more then to do it alone and it shows that Both Wanda and the X-Men could end-up working together to fix these problems. That be a Great Story to see.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I also think it's strange that Wanda might be involved in some really important mutant shenanigans in the near future that can have a big impact on the entire Marvel Universe, and yet you're completely uninterested in them (despite being such a big fan of the Scarlet Witch).
    I've spoken about why a few times on this forum. The two points are basically that Marvel never did much with it, and didn't do well with it. I feel like she has more of an opportunity to establish her own niche without it and own identity. I get why some people want it. Mostly because of the link to Magneto. I just don't share it. And I don't think it's essential for being a big fan of Wanda. Because most of her time was spent without it. Most of her stories were with Avengers. Her relationships too. And ever since the 70s, magic has taken a bigger role. Her relationship with Agatha becoming more definitive. It's really not that strange when you consider most of her history.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Smile

Scarlet Witch
    By madebylawrence

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    But it IS true you folks say "Happy St. Patrick's Day, from the bottom of me heart!"
    Nope, just "Happy St. Patrick's Day!"

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    What happened in that X-Men tie-in felt completely out-of-character for Wanda to me. Made her look both irresponsible and incompetent in my eyes. I can only bear the current X-Men runs anyway if I assume them to be alternate universe. That there she was wearing her classic outfit and appears in the Avengers tie-in as if nothing happened only solidifies that for me. Every mutant hating on Wanda doesn’t even fit with the current “Strange Academy”, where Magik once again has no problem being in one room with Wanda.

With everything Hickman had written so far it seemed to me that he absolutely loathes Wanda. So I was starting to wonder what happens if he actually gets his hands on her. Now I’ve got the answer: “She gets eaten by Zombies”.

And what’s that about “ringing a bigger bell”? Wanda helped save the entire Universe in “Avengers: No road home” Was that bell not big enough?!?

The only good thing I see there is that now she was in a current X-Men book, Wanda did not join that Fascist-Mutant-Island-State. Would make no sense, yet fitting, since nothing the X-Men characters currently do makes sense.

Note that I might totally eat my words regarding Hickman, as I have no clue what his real intentions towards Wanda are. I don’t even know why he is doing what he is doing with the X-Men currently. But I don’t even expect Wanda to reappear in that X-Men tie-In.

On a more positive note - although I am super late at it - I absolutely love Wanda’s portrayal in the “Star” mini. Her being full of hope and believing in the good in one person fits her very well. Yet at the same time it made me despise that “Star” Character. Super weird considering that was her own run. Nowhere near that extreme, but Carol didn’t look good to me, with her screwing up Wanda’s attempt to reach out to “Star”. But Yeay for moments with Wanda and Carol! While I wished for more, at least, despite having opposing opinions, they did not engage in a stupid Superhero vs. Superhero fight.
    Yeah the whole Ringing a bigger bell is stupid, Wanda has saved the world and universe on multiple occasions and helped restart the mutant race, but apparently that isn't good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Yeah the whole Ringing a bigger bell is stupid, Wanda has saved the world and universe on multiple occasions and helped restart the mutant race, but apparently that isn't good enough.
    And nothing will ever be. So I think they are making the same mistake with her that they made with Snap Wilson. It was really bad, and instead of letting it go, they kept revisiting it. And it seemed like they were trying to make it better this time, but it never did get better. They should have from the beginning just let it go. That's the same with M-day. They need to just let it go. And focus on some new stories for Wanda.

I’d put her in her back in her The Crossing costume and have her join the X-Men and be on that comic for at least five years.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

And nothing will ever be. So I think they are making the same mistake with her that they made with Snap Wilson. It was really bad, and instead of letting it go, they kept revisiting it. And it seemed like they were trying to make it better this time, but it never did get better. They should have from the beginning just let it go. That's the same with M-day. They need to just let it go. And focus on some new stories for Wanda.
    At least Snap was finally retconed away by Rick Remainder. M-Day is more like Hank slapping Jan, you make a mistake and you are never allowed to forget about it, while others who did what you did but even worse are forgiven and it's all forgotten about.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I’d put her in her back in her The Crossing costume and have her join the X-Men and be on that comic for at least five years.
    She can act as Jean's stand in, since that's what she looks like

Lightbulb

At least Snap was finally retconed away by Rick Remainder. M-Day is more like Hank slapping Jan, you make a mistake and you are never allowed to forget about it, while others who did what you did but even worse are forgiven and it's all forgotten about.
    I honestly have agreed with this and honeslty wish that Hickman and I believe 9/10 likelihood it was Hickman that wanted this, to pull the trigger and I wish he had not. He maybe in his own story wanted in his own way to finally put an cap on this story maybe feeling it was not addressed well enough or finished, just a guess on why.

Now who you talk to like Wanda or Marvel Fans in general and nearly all I know in Comic Book Circles moved on from those negative stories about Wanda and M-Day story long ago. Children's Crusade and AvX was enough and most of the Blame gets put on Bendis and the Marvel Brass at those time for making bad choices. Heck the Marvel Brass had said outright they where planning on lowing the Mutant population before those evens, so it was going to happen one way or another, it was their longterm plan the time, it just by some other means they got their, M-Day wad inevitable.

But still, Most of all Comic book fans I know in RL always go to the creator 1st before a character or storyline like it should be.

Only a few Fans here and their had gripes with wanting more, but most had moved on cause really their was not idea or writer that could really tell one more story like this and be good at it or most really did not seem to want it.

But Hickman did pull this trigger like I have said and now we have to go threw it, but I still think and believe in the end Wanda will get threw it well. With a writer like Hickman hopeful he will put his Capt on the Story that he felt needed one and that will be it to do justice by both.

What is more important is will fans accept it, if this puts a capt on it and puts the whole so call Wanda and X-Men feuds to mostly rest then it should mostly just stay that way and the story if it turns out good for Both for Wanda and Mutants should be celebrated that way. But if some still want to grip about Wanda then that is their ideal to go about, I mostly care about the outcome now that we are here to be good for both Wanda and Mutants and for it to work to bring both together better to have the best outcome.

But I have a feeling it will, again this is past Wanda and in the Present timeline she is with the Avengers so we have to see where this goes.

I am a Wanda Fan and an X-Fan, I like a good outcome for both.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I honestly have agreed with this and honeslty wish that Hickman and I believe 9/10 likelihood it was Hickman that wanted this, to pull the trigger and I wish he had not. He maybe in his own story wanted in his own way to finally put an cap on this story maybe feeling it was not addressed well enough or finished, just a guess on why.

Now who you talk to like Wanda or Marvel Fans in general and nearly all I know in Comic Book Circles moved on from those negative stories about Wanda and M-Day story long ago. Children's Crusade and AvX was enough and most of the Blame gets put on Bendis and the Marvel Brass at those time for making bad choices. Heck the Marvel Brass had said outright they where planning on lowing the Mutant population before those evens, so it was going to happen one way or another, it was their longterm plan the time, it just by some other means they got their, M-Day wad inevitable.

But still, Most of all Comic book fans I know in RL always go to the creator 1st before a character or storyline like it should be.

Only a few Fans here and their had gripes with wanting more, but most had moved on cause really their was not idea or writer that could really tell one more story like this and be good at it or most really did not seem to want it.

But Hickman did pull this trigger like I have said and now we have to go threw it, but I still think and believe in the end Wanda will get threw it well. With a writer like Hickman hopeful he will put his Capt on the Story that he felt needed one and that will be it to do justice by both.

What is more important is will fans accept it, if this puts a capt on it and puts the whole so call Wanda and X-Men feuds to mostly rest then it should mostly just stay that way and the story if it turns out good for Both for Wanda and Mutants should be celebrated that way. But if some still want to grip about Wanda then that is their ideal to go about, I mostly care about the outcome now that we are here to be good for both Wanda and Mutants and for it to work to bring both together better to have the best outcome.

But I have a feeling it will, again this is past Wanda and in the Present timeline she is with the Avengers so we have to see where this goes.

I am a Wanda Fan and an X-Fan, I like a good outcome for both.
    Same here, I love Wanda and the X-men, I want them to get along and both have been treated like dirt by Marvel ever since M-Day with one becoming a pariah and the other getting blasted with Mass Extinction events ever few years in order to keep the idea that they should be a minority. I want M-Day (to use a Furmanism) to be over.. finished, but (to use another Furmanism) it never ends.
    Last edited by leokearon; 07-26-2020 at 10:05 AM.

It took way too long for Snap to finally be gone.