Page 224 of 271 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 4051
  1. #3346
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,777

    Default

    Doctor Strange 2 leaks here. Many spoilers.
    https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/119140521/#119140521

    These are better than other leaks that say Wanda is the villain of the film.

  2. #3347
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Maybe the mind stone gave him his powers LOL

    Seriously talking, if Pietro really does have a cameo in the series, I wonder if he will the accent.

    It would be so weird since Wanda doesn't have it and all they said is that Natasha trained her to speak without an accent.
    In the Black Widow trailer, Natasha was talking like a SoCal valley girl while her family spoke in pretty thick Russian accents. I think Olsen can keep her new accent while speaking with Pietro in his Sokovian one. But I wouldn't be surprised if ATJ uses his British one (should he appear).

  3. #3348
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Doctor Strange 2 leaks here. Many spoilers.
    https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/119140521/#119140521

    These are better than other leaks that say Wanda is the villain of the film.
    Yeah, but what about Wiccan and Speed? Marvel Studios is just gonna drop those two characters after WandaVision? I can't imagine they won't be showing up in Doctor Strange 2.

  4. #3349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Yeah, but what about Wiccan and Speed? Marvel Studios is just gonna drop those two characters after WandaVision? I can't imagine they won't be showing up in Doctor Strange 2.
    We don't even know if they are in it. Just two children. Remember that Wiccan and Speed were not technically her sons. Just got spiritual implants from her kids. So we still have to wait to see how the MCU introduces them.
    Was Curlytop

  5. #3350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Doctor Strange 2 leaks here. Many spoilers.
    https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/119140521/#119140521

    These are better than other leaks that say Wanda is the villain of the film.
    I do hope that Shuma-Gorath is in it. That'd be amazing to see on the big screen.
    Was Curlytop

  6. #3351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    There have been at least two official books which have hinted that the Mind Stone did unlock the twins' latent powers (which would also explain how they were the only ones to survive the experiments).
    There's no way to know if that means mutant, magic or something else. Especially since Wandas latent power in the books was Chthon. Since she already knew at the time she was a mutant. And Pietro is dead, so his source might not matter to them.
    Was Curlytop

  7. #3352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I do fear that she could be an antagonist in Doctor Strange 2 though. I hope not.... but with the whole Multiverse of Madness being the title... there are a couple definitions for madness:

    - the state of being mentally ill, especially severely.
    - a state of frenzied or chaotic activity

    And if they have House of M in the mix with this (it was also one of the comics Joss gave to her, I believe? And she mentioned Feige said that they mentioned comics she was given at the start were being referenced... it could lead to something that a good chunk of the Wanda fans on here might not enjoy. I personally didn’t hate House of M*... Disassembled was a lot though. I thought it could have been better explored instead of just sending her away and making her disappear for a while. I like seeing my favorite characters going through things but I also like to see them grow and learn/have a proper story which failed to happen at times with her. I’m hoping if they go down any of these routes, they do it with respect.

    * Olivier Coipel draws a beautiful Wanda (and literally the best versions of every character he touches) so that probably helps with my appreciation of the series.
    Multiverse of Madness in title seems to be a direct reference to Lovecraft's At the Mountains of Madness. Which makes sense for Strange since his tales have a lot of gothic horror reference.

    We also don't know everything Olsen was given to read. And many of Wanda's stories have nothing to do with HoM but still explore her powers. HoM was not even really a story for her, since she was catatonic through most of it.

    The showrunners mentioned Vision and the Scarlet Witch and The Vision being used.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 11-23-2020 at 12:37 PM.
    Was Curlytop

  8. #3353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    But is she “the most powerful” because she can warp reality? If that turns out to be part of her power set in the show/MCU, will her fans be upset about it? Part of me thinks it’s going to be part of her powers as a variation of it happened in Age of Ultron with her giving nightmare realities to the Avengers. Which is sort of an altering of realities... The lack of definition in her powers is what makes this series so exciting. We might not enjoy everything they might do (reality warping powers) but it also allows us to get a fully developed Scarlet Witch.

    Though, when they mentioned her power being unlocked, could it be that the Mind Stone unlocked/triggered a certain gene? :P
    Hopefully if they go reality warping, they give it limits. Comics forgot that she had limits and could not reality warp on her own. Until that was fixed in Children's Crusade. The movies do benefit from oversight of the same person though.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 11-23-2020 at 10:03 PM.
    Was Curlytop

  9. #3354
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    We don't even know if they are in it. Just two children. Remember that Wiccan and Speed were not technically her sons. Just got spiritual implants from her kids. So we still have to wait to see how the MCU introduces them.
    I suppose you're right. By the way, I don't believe in leaks. Except the ones I've had in my buildings. Those were very real.

    What do you think of the whole "Office" thing in WandaVision? Will Wanda and Vision have jobs? How do you think other co-workers will react to Wanda having a walking, talking electronic device as her boyfriend? And don't you just hate it when Olsen has SO much make-up on sometimes in her interviews and movies (Age of Ultron)? I hate heavy make-up on any woman to be honest.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 11-23-2020 at 01:45 PM.

  10. #3355
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    11,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I suppose you're right. By the way, I don't believe in leaks. Except the ones I've had in my buildings. Those were very real.

    What do you think of the whole "Office" thing in WandaVision? Will Wanda and Vision have jobs? How do you think other co-workers will react to Wanda having a walking, talking electronic device as her boyfriend? And don't you just hate it when Olsen has SO much make-up on sometimes in her interviews and movies (Age of Ultron)? I hate heavy make-up on any woman to be honest.
    You can see that Vision takes his human form when he's out of home. On the trailer Wanda reminds him to change it before leaving the house.

    I don't think referencing The Office necessarily means them on an actual office, it's more just the style/format of the show that will be referenced.

  11. #3356
    Elektra Natchios vitaminbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    You can see that Vision takes his human form when he's out of home. On the trailer Wanda reminds him to change it before leaving the house.

    I don't think referencing The Office necessarily means them on an actual office, it's more just the style/format of the show that will be referenced.
    Exactly. Modern Family was mentioned alongside it, which also cut away to documentary commentary like interviews. Iím not sure if they looked at a camera when they werenít in that mode but itís good to mention that The Office was probably only mentioned because of that. Iím sure Modern Family will be the blueprint they follow.

  12. #3357
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I do fear that she could be an antagonist in Doctor Strange 2 though. I hope not.... but with the whole Multiverse of Madness being the title... there are a couple definitions for madness:

    - the state of being mentally ill, especially severely.
    - a state of frenzied or chaotic activity

    And if they have House of M in the mix with this (it was also one of the comics Joss gave to her, I believe? And she mentioned Feige said that they mentioned comics she was given at the start were being referenced... it could lead to something that a good chunk of the Wanda fans on here might not enjoy. I personally didnít hate House of M*... Disassembled was a lot though. I thought it could have been better explored instead of just sending her away and making her disappear for a while. I like seeing my favorite characters going through things but I also like to see them grow and learn/have a proper story which failed to happen at times with her. Iím hoping if they go down any of these routes, they do it with respect.

    * Olivier Coipel draws a beautiful Wanda (and literally the best versions of every character he touches) so that probably helps with my appreciation of the series.
    AD is like stabbing her and leave her bleeding, HoM is salt upon wounds. I do think HoM is the firm nail on the coffin for her.
    Because after AD, there is still a chance to "call an ambulance". Like putting her in YA and replace Jessica Jones(you know, that BENDIS creation?) or something.
    Buuuut no, gonna just kick her off the cliff, and she had to climb back her self with a giant wound.

    I also think if MCU draw too much elements from AD/HoM, it's ultimately promoting the source material as well, which I would not stand for.

  13. #3358
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    In another article "Cows go Moo!"
    But Bova doesn't!

  14. #3359
    Elektra Natchios vitaminbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    AD is like stabbing her and leave her bleeding, HoM is salt upon wounds. I do think HoM is the firm nail on the coffin for her.
    Because after AD, there is still a chance to "call an ambulance". Like putting her in YA and replace Jessica Jones(you know, that BENDIS creation?) or something.
    Buuuut no, gonna just kick her off the cliff, and she had to climb back her self with a giant wound.

    I also think if MCU draw too much elements from AD/HoM, it's ultimately promoting the source material as well, which I would not stand for.
    True but the mention of of mental health by Elizabeth Olsen is something the Wanda fans should brace for.
    Sheís always have been a representation of mental health and illness in the comic book series, and her major role in handling that stigma within MarvelĒ.
    I do think characters should be pushed and grow and struggle at times and then overcome that and am probably one of the few fans who didnít fully hate both series (I hated that they basically left her alone after for a while outside of the Hawkeye issue of New Avengers). I need to reread That Young Avengers series though. Itís been a while!

  15. #3360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    True but the mention of of mental health by Elizabeth Olsen is something the Wanda fans should brace for.


    I do think characters should be pushed and grow and struggle at times and then overcome that and am probably one of the few fans who didn’t fully hate both series (I hated that they basically left her alone after for a while outside of the Hawkeye issue of New Avengers). I need to reread That Young Avengers series though. It’s been a while!
    Hopefully it's better than comics. HoM was not a great depiction of the struggles and stigma of mental health. It created more actually. Because it still depicts mental illness as making people evil. As something that can be cured. And not something worth treating properly. And then was waved away as possession. Not to mention the disgusting baby crazy bs. Wanda didn't have any chance of overcoming anything. Her story was not the focus. She wasn't important. She had zero narrative and then was fridged. Thrown away for years.

    It's different if a character has actual narrative, their canon is cared for. They go through a hard time to give them growth. Wanda got zero growth from it. Just treated like a pariah for the next 15 years.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 11-23-2020 at 11:29 PM.
    Was Curlytop

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •