Page 9 of 271 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Yeah Wanda should change her codename to Fairy Godmother. Also if they do reality warping I hope it's more tame stuff like teleporting or turning guns into flowers, Zatanna stuff. instead of full blown alt universe creating and resurrecting.
    Ms. MacGuffin would be another possible codename

Extraordinary Member

I just feel like Wanda is in a weird situation where some may see her as a troublesome competitor for resources(with her new popularity after being dead silent for so long), and others want her to bring them the resources and I hope not only a few would want resources for Wanda herself.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I just feel like Wanda is in a weird situation where some may see her as a troublesome competitor for resources(with her new popularity after being dead silent for so long), and others want her to bring them the resources and I hope not only a few would want resources for Wanda herself.
    Yeah, some people think she is stealing other people's thunder, others want her to do some Reverse HOM. Wanda finally has a chance to have some time in the spotlight herself and she (and her fans) should be allowed to enjoy it.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    I think he wanted to have her powers be somewhat mystical, but the Creative Committee were very opposed to any portrayal of magic, as we saw with Thor where they tried to pass off Asgard as science, so Whedon came up with the mind powers as a compromise while leaving enough room to go beyond that in the future.
    That wouldn't make sense for what they are doing now though. Because now we have Agatha in her show and we know the direction that goes. Then the thing with being in Doctor Strange 2.
    Well, I think it’s safe to assume that the attitude of the people at Marvel Studios towards the portrayal of magic has changed over the last few years. Originally, they were like: “Oh, it’s actually all very advanced science, that only seems like magic”. I think there was also once a comment that they want it all to be grounded in the real word.

So, when Wanda was introduced in the MCU, for her powers she was basically denied both her magic and her mutant heritage (and also her Romani heritage), and so we ended up with this very bland power set. Now this is obviously going to change, but there lingers the “she can do anything she wants” – trap.

Yeah i read a few comments but are a minority thank god, that people that think that Scott left the proyect because Marvel is trying to push "Scarlet Witch" in the movie and making her the center of everything (like bringing mutants or being the final villain just rumors you know) also they're not happy with Feige saying that she's the most powerful in the MCU

But the majority is saying that maybe he left because he wanted more horror

They want to use the excuse "woke" for everything

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Yeah i read a few comments but are a minority thank god, that people that think that Scott left the proyect because Marvel is trying to push "Scarlet Witch" in the movie and making her the center of everything (like bringing mutants or being the final villain just rumors you know) also they're not happy with Feige saying that she's the most powerful in the MCU

But the majority is saying that maybe he left because he wanted more horror

They want to use the excuse "woke" for everything
    Wanda tied into the film was from the time it was announced. So that can't be it. And mutants, F4 and Sam Raimi's Spider-man were all fan theories. There's never been any suggestions, castings or otherwise that even hinted at that. Let alone confirmed it. It's just fan dreams that magical fairy mother Wanda will grant all their MCU wishes.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 01-10-2020 at 11:33 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Leaked Wanda DS2 design

Lmfao, perfect!

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Y'all

https://twitter.com/scottderrickson/...450953728?s=19

He's leaving the movie, so what now?

I hope this doesn't affect Wanda
    As many others I assume that this is only about how horror-elements are implemented into that movie. So, than, it shouldn’t affect much of the story. A lot of people where hyped for that horror aspect. And I was a bit, too. But I don’t *need* that. What I *need* is a good story arc for Wanda in that movie.

I want Wanda to get a good story, but I also hope it has a decent Doctor Strange story as well. I'm not into people wanting that movie populated with their own faves. His book has had horror aspects and I think those will be there. Disneyworld isn't devoid of horror so their movies shouldn't either. Just give him a chance to have his own movie with characters he usually associates with (Wanda of course being one of those) and don't make it into a mess. That's all I want.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Yeah, some people think she is stealing other people's thunder, others want her to do some Reverse HOM. Wanda finally has a chance to have some time in the spotlight herself and she (and her fans) should be allowed to enjoy it.
    There are some examples and my opinion on it.
    1.The most powerful Avenger thing: Some Thor or Carol fans may get worked up over it, honestly it's not important, it doesn't matter.
    2.The ones who think she stole the role of Widow or Carol or others in Avengers: I would just say she deserve her time in her home franchise.
    3.Her involvement in DS2: While Wanda is not a classic DS supporting character, Stephen got his fair share of screen time and popularity gained from Avengers movie which is not his typical show ground, I would say it's a fair trade.
    I wouldn't wish for a TWS situation where Sharon, the classic Cap supporting character got super sidelined.(In DS's case, Clea) But I don't want Wanda resented if that happened, it happened before in MCU and I don't see peopler resent Widow for Sharon.

In the end I just wish she can find that comfortable spot where she got her basic needs, contributed to the overall MCU lore building and other's introduction(that is, the lore and characters actually connected to her), also has the chance to share others' benefit in return.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Wanda tied into the film was from the time it was announced. So that can't be it. And mutants, F4 and Sam Raimi's Spider-man were all fan theories. There's never been any suggestions, castings or otherwise that even hinted at that. Let alone confirmed it. It's just fan dreams that magical fairy mother Wanda will grant all their MCU wishes.
    Then Stephen would count as the Gennie from Aladdin.
    And Vision the Santa Claus.

A lot of people are saying that Marvel is looking for two actors to play two villains in Dr Strange 2

Some people said that the female villain could be Lilith, Enchantress, Morgan le fay or Clea

Extraordinary Member

Or hopefully Umar, they don't specify the ethnic so I guess it would be a none-human character. Clea isn't really a villain type.
    Morgan Le Fay is a specific Arthurian character whose ethnic is less interchangeable, that and the fact Runaways already used her.

I still don't understand why they didn't went with her classic probability powers. They aren't really that hard to explain or portray imo.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Or hopefully Umar, they don't specify the ethnic so I guess it would be a none-human character. Clea isn't really a villain type.
    Morgan Le Fay is a specific Arthurian character whose ethnic is less interchangeable, that and the fact Runaways already used her.
    Umar makes sense. She's probably Dr Strange's major female villain