Page 39 of 271 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Scarlet Witch Civil War ver
    BY renataeternal

It looks like the ends of her coat are attached to her sleeves

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I'm a Wanda and Jean fan, and Jean seems so out of character allowing all that

Hickman doesn't know how to write her

They better stay away from Wanda
    I think most people love both characters because they are really similar in many ways, and both seem to be perpetually in the editorial doghouse because of their tendency to outshine their male co-stars which is unforgivable in Marvel's eyes.

They both share the concept of women with Power = crazy/evil

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    Hey guys, if you want a break from all the X-Men nonsense and want to read Wanda being a badass, pick up Star #2.

I absolutely second that!

To Star #2 :

spoilers:
    I am amazed how well that turned out for Wanda! I think she felt a little bit of, especially with the one-liners, as if she had spent to much time with Nick Fury. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but to me it looks like Kelly Thompson has never written Wanda before, so I cut her some slack.

In the recent years I became annoyed that some writers pushed Wanda into the role of a social outcast, that can’t deal well with other people. This issue reminds one that, no, she is very well at that. One gets the idea that she doesn’t really wanna deal with that person, but she does so because it’s the right thing to do. And she knows exactly what to do and say to “Star” to make her cooperate. Her “accidental” Friendly Fire feels a bit of again, but she also did that to Rogue once, during the Uncanny Avengers, in an X-Men Run (maybe X-Force?), they were fighting a girl called “Boom-Boom” or something. And here at least I found it funny and it felt well deserved.

Which points to the weird flip side of this issue: The character of Star herself. I found her completely unlikeable. And her “Tragic Backstory” is … that she realized that in the midst of a battlefield not everything revolves around her??? And yes, I guess over the course of the run she will become a better person and then we are all supposed to like her. But for me for this to work there has to be at least some good in the character at the beginning, otherwise it fells as if the character has been just rewritten.

I think it was clear the you can’t have Wanda in a story that revolves around Reality Warping without mentioning her large “incident” in that. Not doing so would make it “The Elephant in the Room”. I think this was done rather well, without going into details, integrated into the story.

To me the best positive surprise was that it looks like Wanda will remain part of the story. Have to say that before I read issue 2, I hadn’t seen the announcement yet that she will at least be in small parts in issue 3 and 5. I thought this would go down like in the Dennis Hopeless’s Jean Grey run, Issue 7, were the writer had to do something that Wanda couldn’t continue to help her.

I fell a bit sorry for the fans of Jessica Jones and Acquaintances’, because now it seems like even in Issue 1 already these were never them, but the Black Order. But I am glad to see the Black Order. Hope this run treats them with more respect than the MCU.
    end of spoilers

Tarot #3 variant cover - Dr. Strange vs. Scarlet Witch by Kevin Nowlan

BANNED

No chance that they'll bring back Wanda's classic costume on a permanent basis but I really wish they would. Despite being pretty simple it's instantly recognizable and has a lot more personality than what she's wearing now, and that version of Wanda always had that swagger and sensuality to her that the modern incarnation tends to lack.

Some illustrators draw her better than others, but I can say that I am delighted in how Kevin Wada completely redesigned her
    she looks fresh, mysterious, sophisticated and also very witchy

IMG_20200229_094549.jpg

Here this By Mark Brooks, i would like to see how Terry Dodson draws her with her current costume

if her MCU costume is remotely close to this i will be very happy, especially with the tiara, her Classic tiara is good but very bland.
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 02-29-2020 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    No chance that they'll bring back Wanda's classic costume on a permanent basis but I really wish they would. Despite being pretty simple it's instantly recognizable and has a lot more personality than what she's wearing now, and that version of Wanda always had that swagger and sensuality to her that the modern incarnation tends to lack.
    I think it's really dated. Screams 60s-70s.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    They both share the concept of women with Power = crazy/evil
    Trope, that's what that is. Because neither were really crazy, but possessed. Just made out to seem that way. Jean had to pay according to Byrne because they already had a female powerhouse in Storm. And that's bs.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Trope, that's what that is. Because neither were really crazy, but possessed. Just made out to seem that way. Jean had to pay according to Byrne because they already had a female powerhouse in Storm. And that's bs.
    A powerhouse but only in recent years she was finally depicted as an omega

At least I can say the Phoenix Saga was a good story and actually gave Jean some narrative. But she also spent a lot of time out of comics and that was tragic.

At least I can say the Phoenix Saga was a good story and actually gave Jean some narrative. But she also spent a lot of time out of comics and that was tragic.
    They have that i common as well, Wanda was norwhere to be found for years and Jean was dead.

It's because of a certain way that comics treated powerful female characters that I think they are trying to correct these days.

That's something that always bothered me, people say female characters get no consequences, but on a meta level(?) they're usually punished waaaaay more than their male counterparts. Wanda was in limbo for many years and Jean was dead for almost two decades!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Scarlet Witch Civil War ver
    BY renataeternal

The costume texture looks like an action figure.