Page 90 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2148
  1. #1336
    Incredible Member Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    566

    Default

    We love an Omega human sorceress

  2. #1337
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Thanks for the compliments. I was just making shit up. My preference for many superhero stories don't involve much superheroing at all. I like personal struggles that lead to emotional growth. And you don't need set-piece battle scenes to achieve this. That's why I heard the Vision series was so successful. Because it was built around a family dynamic and that was really unique in the Marvel Universe at that time. Maybe a trial wouldn't work. I would just like to see Daredevil in courtrooms as opposed to fighting in the streets so often. I don't know how they will fit in Clea in Dr. Strange 2. I've heard characters from Captain Britain to Ghost Rider to Man-Thing to Blade will possibly be appearing. I think they will probably have to change her pants though. LOL! I haven't read the Triumph and Torment story but I heard it was a cult classic. The story featured Dr. Strange and Doctor Doom teaming up and travelling to Hell to save Doom's mother's soul. I think that would be a cool tale to adapt into a movie or television show. I don't want to see Doom in the MCU as a 100 percent bad guy. WandaVision writer Jac Schaeffer has stated that "every good guy can be a bad guy, and vice versa." She wants so-called villainous characters who have motives and emotions displaying shades of gray and so do I. And I want them to not take themselves too seriously. Sort of like how Ultron was a joker. A story like Triumph and Torment would definitely humanize Doom. I hope Magneto does not get portrayed as a standard homicidal megalomaniac when he joins the MCU either. So I wouldn't mind if Doom and Magneto are funny as well. And on a side note, I totally agree with GenericUsername and lowfyr when they say the "hero fighting hero" thing has been overused. I say that this idea can't really be used again in the MCU because it's already been done in Civil War and also heroes in the MCU CAN'T kill each other like they do in the comics. Or else they will become villains. Imagine how bad things would be if Vision actually killed War Machine? A lot of the stories we got after Civil War would have never happened. Wanda and him would have been separated. So I don't think the Avengers vs X-Men story is guaranteed to happen. And I read a little about Iron Lad after you mentioned him. I don't think the MCU can do that story about him and Kang the Conquerer because Disney ALREADY did a story concerning "time travel" in Endgame. So I'm curious to see how the MCU shakes out from this point on. People shit on the Avengers when they compare them to the X-Men, saying the former are bland and boring. I disagree. The Avengers are not really held back by cultural and political agendas. So they can afford to be funny. They are allowed to be "quippers". They don't have to take themselves so seriously. But look at the Black Panther movie. They talked about some serious subjects, and basically were forbidden to tell jokes. I think that film would have done far better if they did. That's why the X-Men will be characters that are hard to adapt in the MCU. How can you joke around about subjects such as bigotry and discrimination? And like other posters mentioned on these threads, "different" kinds of heroes have already been embraced by the world in the MCU. The Hulk, Vison, Wanda, Hawkeye, Thor, Loki, Winter Soldier, and Ant-Man are celebrated by the general public (despite their appearances and troubled pasts), but mutants who often look like supermodels (and possess cool superpowers) and help civilians will be hated by those same people? That makes no sense to me. I hope Feige and his team have a good reason why that should be the case.

    I'm gloomy about the scientific corner of the MCU. With Banner and Pym leaving and Stark dead, the only scientists that are left are Reed Richards and Hank McCoy. Hopefully they can invent some cool things. I think it's pretty bad for Pietro not be a mutant. Wanda can survive on her magic, you're right. Pietro's definitely in a tight spot creatively-speaking wise. Oh yeah, Bettany stated in an interview that WandaVision was a highlight of his career (and he thinks Olsen feels the same way). He also said he wasted his career by not doing sitcoms because the cast and crew had so much fun making this show. I'm really looking forward to the comedic aspects to this series. I've made it clear on this thread that I think Marvel should continue in its efforts to make comedy a central aspect of its movies. And I was really surprised a lot of posters here AGREED with me. I also think the creators at Marvel Studios should be permitted to stray FAR away from the source material of the comic books if it helps make the movies and television shows better (just as long as they keep the spirit of the books). And I also share Drops of Venus's delight that the Scarlet Witch's series will be incorporated into WandaVision. Even though I haven't read it, I like the idea it introduced about having multiple Scarlet Witches. I am also excited that Pietro will likely appear in the show. I just don't want him to show up as a grumpy dude who disapproves of Vision's and Wanda's relationship. That story has been done to death, and I want Quicksilver to be portrayed in a positive light in what will likely be his last appearance in the MCU. I understand why Feige and Whedon took him out though. It would just be plain awkward for Vision and Wanda to flirt over paprikash in the Avengers' kitchen if Quicksilver is standing by with his arms crossed, you know? My big hope is that the writers of the show have REASONABLE explanations about how certain things come about during the series. And I hope they don't lean too much on magic as a way of explaining things. How did Vision come back to life? Magic. How did Wanda give birth to twins? Magic. How did you deal with the leak in the basement? Magic. I hope the answers to the big questions are answered in the show in a way that is not insulting to the viewers and is somewhat grounded in the real world (despite the whole thing being absolutely bonkers). That's my hope.
    If you haven't seen the Daredevil Netflix series, you'll really like Season 2 which features the trial of the Punisher. The MCU doesn't always get the opportunity to show off family dynamics so I'm glad there's room for a show like Wanda/Vision because a film would never have been able to give them the attention they deserve. I've heard rumors about Captain Britain and Blade in Doctor Strange 2 as well. I could see a Midnight Sons spinoff with Doctor Strange, Ghost Rider, Man-Thing, Blade, Scarlet Witch, etc. It would be nice to see Wanda on another superhero team besides the Avengers, especially if she's the sole female representation (considering how much of a push Black Widow and Gamora got for years being the only female character on their teams). Oh, I'm familiar with the story of Doctors Doom and Strange teaming up to save Doom's mother's soul from Mephisto but I didn't know the name of the story. Considering how they humanized Loki and Thanos and apparently plan on doing the same with Magneto and not making him a full-fledged villain, I can see the same for Doom. The criticism about why mutants have never been accepted when they aren't so different from other Marvel superheroes has long endured in the comics as well.

    I suppose Shuri exists as a new scientist in the MU if you're into her. I don't remember how smart T'Challa is compared to Stark, Richards, Pym, etc. I'm glad Oslen feels that Wanda/Vision was the pinnacle of her career as well. A lot of the success of the MCU is that they take inspiration from the comics but don't hold themselves fully accountable to them because otherwise a lot of the straight adaptations wouldn't translate well on screen like the comics version of Civil War. I hadn't heard that the Scarlet Witch series might be adapted into this show as well but I hope so. I was a big fan of that although tbh I don't remember this concept of multiple Scarlet Witches unless what's meant by that is the fact that Wanda was taking after her mother's path. I don't remember if Wanda's mother was revealed as a previous Scarlet Witch. I don't think they're afraid of turning away from magic anymore after the success of Doctor Strange.

  3. #1338
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    True.



    Current run, Jean's getting doubts because of this.



    Thank you for explaining, I agree. Preferred Gwen in ASM over her but the MVP is Michelle Jones.



    I don't have much interaction with the Wanda fandom, maybe I'm an outlier. But it's understandable why they want to move on from this.



    Agreed.




    I was talking about Xavier in House of M. Before they attacked her he tried to use therapy on her but for an unknown reason it wasn't working and he gave up really quickly. Wasn't his finest moment. I'll add in Dr. Strange, same thing happened there - he knew what was going on but blamed Wanda for not coming to him first.

    In that case Marvel may as well just ignore her mental problems if she's the only one writers are bothering exploring that with since it's just hurting her image. As much as I'd love for the comics to explore that and super-hero comics have a bad history with mental illness at the best of times. It's giving too much ammunitions for people who hate her and even the writers bought into it.



    Agreed!
    I haven't the current run yet so that explains why I wasn't aware Beast is off killing humans now. Sigh.

    What's funny is how Emma Stone, a natural redhead played the blonde while Kirsten Dunst, a natural blonde, played the redhead.

    There were some posts in the last few pages about how House of M should be ignored.

    It's just bad writing and storytelling and Bendis was willing to ignore decades of canon (as he is wont to do) because he wanted to write this one story and make Wanda the easy scapegoat. Marvel does tend to ignore her mental issues in the first place which I almost might prefer because they never render them in an effectual way.

  4. #1339
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Avengers: Children's Crusade.
    Thank you so much, gonna read this.

  5. #1340
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yada View Post
    Thank you so much, gonna read this.
    The artwork is amazing in it.

  6. #1341
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    If you haven't seen the Daredevil Netflix series, you'll really like Season 2 which features the trial of the Punisher. The MCU doesn't always get the opportunity to show off family dynamics so I'm glad there's room for a show like Wanda/Vision because a film would never have been able to give them the attention they deserve. I've heard rumors about Captain Britain and Blade in Doctor Strange 2 as well. I could see a Midnight Sons spinoff with Doctor Strange, Ghost Rider, Man-Thing, Blade, Scarlet Witch, etc. It would be nice to see Wanda on another superhero team besides the Avengers, especially if she's the sole female representation (considering how much of a push Black Widow and Gamora got for years being the only female character on their teams). Oh, I'm familiar with the story of Doctors Doom and Strange teaming up to save Doom's mother's soul from Mephisto but I didn't know the name of the story. Considering how they humanized Loki and Thanos and apparently plan on doing the same with Magneto and not making him a full-fledged villain, I can see the same for Doom. The criticism about why mutants have never been accepted when they aren't so different from other Marvel superheroes has long endured in the comics as well.

    I suppose Shuri exists as a new scientist in the MU if you're into her. I don't remember how smart T'Challa is compared to Stark, Richards, Pym, etc. I'm glad Oslen feels that Wanda/Vision was the pinnacle of her career as well. A lot of the success of the MCU is that they take inspiration from the comics but don't hold themselves fully accountable to them because otherwise a lot of the straight adaptations wouldn't translate well on screen like the comics version of Civil War. I hadn't heard that the Scarlet Witch series might be adapted into this show as well but I hope so. I was a big fan of that although tbh I don't remember this concept of multiple Scarlet Witches unless what's meant by that is the fact that Wanda was taking after her mother's path. I don't remember if Wanda's mother was revealed as a previous Scarlet Witch. I don't think they're afraid of turning away from magic anymore after the success of Doctor Strange.
    I haven't watched the Marvel TV stuff because I heard it was pretty violent and adult-oriented. But maybe I should take a look. I heard Feige stayed away from Marvel TV because it was being run by Jeph Loeb, who he saw as a Perlmutter man. You know what's really interesting and funny though? Because of all this racial unrest and tensions afflicting the world at the current moment, a character who is NOT part of the MCU is gaining much prominence right now. And you mentioned him in your post: the Punisher. By watching and reading news reports, it appears that the law enforcement and military communities are HUGE fans of that character. So many of them wear his skull decal as a symbol of pride. And I think I can understand why. Agree with them or not, I think a lot of people in the law enforcement and military communities like a character who does NOT have any superpowers and who is deeply connected to the armed forces. And they like the fact that he fights for justice when the justice system fails victims of crime and terrorism (they also like to support a character who goes after terrorists, criminals and bullies in general when the laws of society don't permit this). I think if Disney and Marvel Studios are courageous and gutsy enough, they can bring the Punisher into the MCU in a way that allows stories involving his character to open up debates about crime and justice and racism in a manner that is totally different than what the mutant/human struggle can convey. And people pretty much everywhere would understand those debates because they would be grounded in realism, unlike the X-stuff. I just don't think they can do this in a "family-friendly" way. But the MCU seems likely to bring in characters like Daredevil and Wolverine, who sort of do what the Punisher does, so it MIGHT be possible. A Punisher film can be in the vein of a Black Panther movie with strong social themes. I actually think a lot of people would watch it, BUT I don't think Marvel has the cojones to do this. Disney's just TOO conservative a corporation.

    Yeah, thanks for reminding me of Shuri. She's a pretty brainy character. And I definitely could be wrong about the Scarlet Witch series because I didn't read it. I just heard there was more than one Scarlet Witch, but I might very well be incorrect about that. A magical superteam might suit Wanda. She's clearly heading in that direction in the comics as well as the movies and shows. The Doom story sounds really compelling to me. Made me sympathetic to him for the first time ever. I guess you could say that his mother is the only woman he ever truly loved. Yeah, I hope Feige has a good explanation on why mutants should be persecuted. The hatred of them seems a bit irrational to me. The Scarlet Witch solo series is mentioned in one of Charles Murphy's articles on his Murphy's Multiverse website. It's the feature about the House of M. The issue in question is number 9, page 18 (and Quicksilver is in it). And here is the old video I was talking about in which Paul Bettany said acting in this show was a highlight of his career:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJReIqmzleA

    A lot of people seem to think WandaVision is going to be dark and disturbing. I disagree. They brought in Randall Park, Kat Dennings, Teyonah Parris, Kathryn Hahn, Matt Shakman and Jac Schaeffer to participate in this series. Each of these individuals has a strong background in the comedic world. So it'll probably be more funny and weird than anything else.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-12-2020 at 06:03 PM.

  7. #1342
    Incredible Member Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    566

    Default

    The people who think WandaVision will be dark or scary didn't see Kevin Feige in the Dr Strange 2 panel
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 06-12-2020 at 06:33 AM.

  8. #1343
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    The people who think WandaVision will be dark or scary didn't see Kevin Feige in the Dr Strange 2 panel
    It will probably be dark and scary in places but not until near the end when the world comes tumbling down.
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  9. #1344
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,562

    Default

    Revealed: Jack Kirby's Notes On Other Names For The Scarlet Witch
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/reve...scarlet-witch/

  10. #1345
    Incredible Member Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    It will probably be dark and scary in places but not until near the end when the world comes tumbling down.
    I think that in the middle of the series there will be moments when her fake reality crash or some weird moments with Vision or her kids

  11. #1346
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Revealed: Jack Kirby's Notes On Other Names For The Scarlet Witch
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/reve...scarlet-witch/
    It's funny to think how much of Wanda's history as a character is based on that name. If they'd called her "Jinx" she'd have never become a magic character and her powers would have stayed in the form of "bringing bad luck," but once they chose a name with "Witch" in it then she changed to fit the name.

    It's a bit like that other early X-Men character, the Beast. If they'd named him something else, his whole arc as a character would have been different because they wouldn't have chosen him as the character who should turn into an actual beast.

  12. #1347
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    It's funny to think how much of Wanda's history as a character is based on that name. If they'd called her "Jinx" she'd have never become a magic character and her powers would have stayed in the form of "bringing bad luck," but once they chose a name with "Witch" in it then she changed to fit the name.

    It's a bit like that other early X-Men character, the Beast. If they'd named him something else, his whole arc as a character would have been different because they wouldn't have chosen him as the character who should turn into an actual beast.
    yeah, it would have been very interesting
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  13. #1348
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    The people who think WandaVision will be dark or scary didn't see Kevin Feige in the Dr Strange 2 panel
    An excellent observation, Cruelrain. I agree with it completely too. I think a lot of comic books fans sort of have a vested interest in seeing a dark and twisted television show because the relationship between Vision and Wanda IS like that in the comics. I think a lot of these folks probably DID see the Dr Strange 2 panel, and just want to basically ignore what Feige was saying because it contradicts with what they believe will occur in the series. As I said earlier, the MCU relies on the books for source material, but then often DRAMATICALLY change stories when they adapt them for the films. I think it's probably gonna happen again here. I do wonder if they're gonna keep the whole Chaos magic, demon soul shards and good old-fashioned reincarnation stuff in the series when it comes to the kids though...Because that might be a little TOO weird for audiences to accept.

  14. #1349
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    It will probably be dark and scary in places but not until near the end when the world comes tumbling down.
    But some of the fans I've seen have basically stated that this series will be Marvel's version of Deliverance, the Shining and Sophie's Choice all rolled into one. Something so fucked up, terrifying and tragic (which is sort of what happened in the comic books) that it will end up being a macabre psychological thriller. Here's my question, why would they WANT that to happen in this series? Those sentiments definitely reveal A LOT about the people expressing them. I think the show might be a little bit scary, but I think it will sort of be funny at the same time when that happens. I think we might even see Mephisto, Nightmare or Chthon showing up and cracking jokes like Ultron did. Like you said earlier, these MCU projects should be fun and NOT sick.

  15. #1350
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Exactly, good example. A lot of it driven by confirmation bias. That's why I take everything with a grain of salt until confirmed.
    People are gonna want to believe what they want to believe REGARDLESS of the facts contradicting those very beliefs staring at them right in their faces.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •