Page 115 of 144 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2148
  1. #1711
    Incredible Member Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Maybe the chaos magic concept on Wanda can make a return or at least being mentioned in the new Darkhold comic that is coming this december

  2. #1712
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    5,973

    Default

    Adam Warlock is said to have "Quantum Magic". Is that anything like "Chaos Magic"?

  3. #1713
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Adam Warlock is said to have "Quantum Magic". Is that anything like "Chaos Magic"?
    I think Quantum Magic is just, like... magic from space? While Chaos Magic is specifically related to Chthon.

  4. #1714
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Adam Warlock is said to have "Quantum Magic". Is that anything like "Chaos Magic"?
    It's just a word that Marvel writers like to use (badly).

    A good example of 'quantum magic' of a sort would be the Arcanna character from Supreme Power, who was able to perceive all sorts of alternate worlds and sort of flip a quantum state so that an alternate circumstance happened in this universe, instead of another universe, transforming people or objects into what they were in this alternate world.

    But Quasars 'quantum bands' and Warlock's 'quantum magic' have rarely, if ever, had anything to do with quantum stuff, just been bog-standard 'green lantern energy constructs' or 'standards zaps and force fields magic' from the boring-est version of Dr. Strange (when he's all pew-pew lazors and shields, and doesn't actually cast spells or invocations).

  5. #1715
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,562

    Default

    Scarlet Witch Enters the Endgame with S.H. Figuarts
    https://bleedingcool.com/collectible...ngers-endgame/

  6. #1716
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Well the stinger of Far From Home, suggests that Fury isn't done yet. I doubt we will see Brand in WandaVision, Monica is probably going to be the main S.W.O.R.D operative we see, but I wouldn't be surprised if Brand at least gets named dropped.
    Now that you mention Far From Home, I think Nick Fury might stick around for a bit longer. I think Fury might bite the bullet in Captain Marvel 2 though. Dudes like War Machine, Winter Soldier, Fury and Happy Hogan are really getting close to the end of their time in the MCU I think. With Steve Rogers and Tony Stark gone, I find it difficult to believe they'll continue their roles for long. I just feel that Marvel Studios is getting more and more confident in "killing off" and "retiring" their characters at this point. I would agree with this approach because if many characters eventually leave the MCU, it'll be harder for fans to keep asking them to come back (from the dead or retirement). It'll be cool to hear Brand get mentioned in WandaVision though.

    I'll paraphrase from some online comments I read about what Vision's fate will be in WandaVision: "The show's made it VERY clear this is Wanda's "perfect world falling apart" so I get the feeling Vision is staying dead. And if her kids are becoming real, then there needs to be something to lose from this world, otherwise the normal universe is basically her perfect world. And unlike the kids, Vision has already died. It makes sense he is the loss."

    I agree with these sentiments. Bringing back a "white" or "spectral" Vision into the main universe and/or another alternate version of Quicksilver into the normal universe is sort of having the cake and eating it too. They're the same characters played by the same actors, but they're actually different people? You can pull that stuff off in the comic books, but it's almost impossible to do it in a live-action format. And it needlessly confuses audience members. I don't know why people keep believing that Pietro will show up in the Multiverse of Madness. I actually think there is ZERO percent chance of that happening. I don't believe Feige and company will EVER bring back dead versions of characters killed in the main/normal universe from alternate ones PERMANENTLY because that would be cheap as hell. The funny thing is, I actually believe Vision will be REAL in whatever "fake" reality Wanda's in. I just don't think he's gonna be merely an illusion. I mean, there's a good chance the dude's gonna be changing diapers during the show. Somehow, someway Jac Schaeffer, Megan McDonnell and their writing team will have to explain how this is...But I think that they will. And as I said previously, I still think there is a distinct possibility that Wanda's parents and brother will show up as well. If WandaVision is about family, then as many members of Wanda's family should be included. But I don't think they will survive the series either.

    Personally, I don't want Vision to come back to the real world with no emotions and doesn't love Wanda anymore. And I'm almost ONE HUNDRED percent sure Disney will NOT go this route. So it totally makes sense to me that WandaVision is probably Vis's swan song. Again, I don't know why so many folks think he's definitely returning to the land of the living. I actually think that's impossible. As I said previously, I think Marvel Studios wants to "remove" a lot of the heroes, villains and sidekicks from Phase 1 to Phase 3 to make way for new ones. So Vision definitely won't be the last character from the Infinity Saga who departs from the scene in the next two phases. I don't know what Wanda's future will be though. I think she'll last a bit longer than people like Ant-Man and the Guardians of the Galaxy, but I don't see her hanging around for too long once the Fantastic Four and the X-Men start doing their thing.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 07-07-2020 at 09:00 PM.

  7. #1717
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Now that you mention Far From Home, I think Nick Fury might stick around for a bit longer. I think Fury might bite the bullet in Captain Marvel 2 though. Dudes like War Machine, Winter Soldier, Fury and Happy Hogan are really getting close to the end of their time in the MCU I think. With Steve Rogers and Tony Stark gone, I find it difficult to believe they'll continue their roles for long. I just feel that Marvel Studios is getting more and more confident in "killing off" and "retiring" their characters at this point. I would agree with this approach because if many characters eventually leave the MCU, it'll be harder for fans to keep asking them to come back (from the dead or retirement). It'll be cool to hear Brand get mentioned in WandaVision though.

    I'll paraphrase from some online comments I read about what Vision's fate will be in WandaVision: "The show's made it VERY clear this is Wanda's "perfect world falling apart" so I get the feeling Vision is staying dead. And if her kids are becoming real, then there needs to be something to lose from this world, otherwise the normal universe is basically her perfect world. And unlike the kids, Vision has already died. It makes sense he is the loss."

    I agree with these sentiments. Bringing back a "white" or "spectral" Vision into the main universe and/or another alternate version of Quicksilver into the normal universe is sort of having the cake and eating it too. They're the same characters played by the same actors, but they're actually different people? You can pull that stuff off in the comic books, but it's almost impossible to do it in a live-action format. And it needlessly confuses audience members. I don't know why people keep believing that Pietro will show up in the Multiverse of Madness. I actually think there is ZERO percent chance of that happening. I don't believe Feige and company will EVER bring back dead versions of characters killed in the main/normal universe from alternate ones PERMANENTLY because that would be cheap as hell. The funny thing is, I actually believe Vision will be REAL in whatever "fake" reality Wanda's in. I just don't think he's gonna be merely an illusion. I mean, there's a good chance the dude's gonna be changing diapers during the show. Somehow, someway Jac Schaeffer, Megan McDonnell and their writing team will have to explain how this is...But I think that they will. And as I said previously, I still think there is a distinct possibility that Wanda's parents and brother will show up as well. If WandaVision is about family, then as many members of Wanda's family should be included. But I don't think they will survive the series either.

    Personally, I don't want Vision to come back to the real world with no emotions and doesn't love Wanda anymore. And I'm almost ONE HUNDRED percent sure Disney will NOT go this route. So it totally makes sense to me that WandaVision is probably Vis's swan song. Again, I don't know why so many folks think he's definitely returning to the land of the living. I actually think that's impossible. As I said previously, I think Marvel Studios wants to "remove" a lot of the heroes, villains and sidekicks from Phase 1 to Phase 3 to make way for new ones. So Vision definitely won't be the last character from the Infinity Saga who departs from the scene in the next two phases. I don't know what Wanda's future will be though. I think she'll last a bit longer than people like Ant-Man and the Guardians of the Galaxy, but I don't see her hanging around for too long once the Fantastic Four and the X-Men start doing their thing.
    Bringing alternate version of characters isn't new and isn't confusing given that other shows (like the Arrowverse) do it all the time and no-one seems to complain.

    The Vision coming back isn't impossible given the back door in Infinity War, it is just a matter of whether it will be used or not.
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  8. #1718
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    11,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Bringing alternate version of characters isn't new and isn't confusing given that other shows (like the Arrowverse) do it all the time and no-one seems to complain.

    The Vision coming back isn't impossible given the back door in Infinity War, it is just a matter of whether it will be used or not.
    Also, they're kind of already doing that with Gamora.

    Which might actually be a point against it now that I think about it. Don't know if they'd want to do the "My previously dead lover is kind of back but not the version who loves me" with two different couples. But I think Pietro would be fair game, in case Aaron accepts it or they don't mind recasting.

  9. #1719
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Also, they're kind of already doing that with Gamora.

    Which might actually be a point against it now that I think about it. Don't know if they'd want to do the "My previously dead lover is kind of back but not the version who loves me" with two different couples. But I think Pietro would be fair game, in case Aaron accepts it or they don't mind recasting.
    I forgot about Gamora. Yeah hopefully they won't go out the soulless Vision route
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  10. #1720
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Bringing alternate version of characters isn't new and isn't confusing given that other shows (like the Arrowverse) do it all the time and no-one seems to complain.

    The Vision coming back isn't impossible given the back door in Infinity War, it is just a matter of whether it will be used or not.
    You definitely make a great point there. Banner's and Shuri's conversation went into great detail how Vision could survive without the Mind Stone. But I think that conversation was used to set the table for WandaVision. To explain how Vision could be revived for this series. I'm not sure it will be an explanation for a permanent revival for Vision.

    I'm aware that the Arrowverse is rather popular at the moment. But I'm not sure it can be sustained if they CONTINUE to use "time travel and universe hopping to solve problems and untwist major plot twists." I think people like to have consequences be ACTUALLY consequential. If in the next few Avengers movies, major characters die and then get "revived" through going back in time, using "magic", or by way of multiverses, I believe audiences will EVENTUALLY lose interest in the MCU. Then the MCU will be replicating all the bad aspects of the comic book industry where death is meaningless. Kevin Feige and his team have repeatedly emphasized that they want to keep the MCU somewhat grounded in reality. So I don't think they will revive dead characters with alternate versions PERMANENTLY. However, I think it would be really fun if they brought in multiple Ghost Riders, Spider-Men, X-Men who haven't already died in the main universe. I have no problem with the MCU bringing NEW characters through multiverses.

    I also really like the idea of the MCU using "legacy heroes" in its movies and shows. They can be really brave in a way the comics themselves can't be. Natasha Romanoff, Tony Stark and Steve Rogers are dead, but that doesn't mean the Black Widow, Iron Man and Captain America are. Heroes AND villains can NEVER move forward in comics because they never really age, die and get replaced. That's why comics are forced to use retcons and sliding timescales to maintain the status quo. Which is annoying to me. And I actually think recasting is no longer an option for the MCU. The actors' and actresses' performances are too iconic for audiences to accept that now. If the MCU keeps rebooting itself like previous Spider-Man franchises have and like what the Superman and Batman franchises have been doing in recent years, I think they're doomed in the long run.

    I actually LIKE the idea that characters can fulfill their character arcs in the movies and shows. For a dude like Vision to enjoy being a family man for a little while and then to "die" again protecting that family is a perfect ending for him in my opinion. I think if WandaVision ends with him being a soulless version of himself, Wanda WILL go insane and would go against the fun vibe of the show. And Paul Bettany looks WAY too happy in my opinion for somebody who might become a zombie robot. I could be wrong, but that's just my opinion.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 07-08-2020 at 01:32 PM.

  11. #1721
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Also, they're kind of already doing that with Gamora.

    Which might actually be a point against it now that I think about it. Don't know if they'd want to do the "My previously dead lover is kind of back but not the version who loves me" with two different couples. But I think Pietro would be fair game, in case Aaron accepts it or they don't mind recasting.
    I absolutely agree with you about Vision, but I don't think Pietro is coming back. ESPECIALLY if he shows up in WandaVision (which I think he will). If Vision doesn't survive that series, there's virtually no chance that Quicksilver does in my view. If the series is about Wanda overcoming the losses in her life, it would make no sense for her and Pietro to survive together in the main universe. Another strike against Quicksilver returning is the introduction of the character of Speed. Isn't that guy basically a younger and more immature version of Quicksilver? I can't imagine the MCU will have two speedsters that are so similar existing at the same in the same universe, unfortunately. Which is sad, because I think Pietro is a character who hasn't been treated well by Marvel over the years.

  12. #1722
    Incredible Member Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Apparently Marvel is not having a panel this year in the comic con

    At this point we could say that FATWS is delayed? No first trailer and It was supposed to drop next month

  13. #1723

    Default

    To be specific, it's Marvel Studios that's not having the panel. We probably will get some comic book news. FATWS had production issues before Covid even hit so it might get delayed, who knows.

    Also the studio could always do something on their own as well. A lot of companies are taking that approach. Especially in regards to video game related conventions. Everyone is giving their own direct streams. Marvel opened up their own Twitch channel recently. So that could always be utilized for than just their games and comics.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 07-09-2020 at 12:42 AM.
    Was Curlytop

  14. #1724
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    You definitely make a great point there. Banner's and Shuri's conversation went into great detail how Vision could survive without the Mind Stone. But I think that conversation was used to set the table for WandaVision. To explain how Vision could be revived for this series. I'm not sure it will be an explanation for a permanent revival for Vision.

    I'm aware that the Arrowverse is rather popular at the moment. But I'm not sure it can be sustained if they CONTINUE to use "time travel and universe hopping to solve problems and untwist major plot twists." I think people like to have consequences be ACTUALLY consequential. If in the next few Avengers movies, major characters die and then get "revived" through going back in time, using "magic", or by way of multiverses, I believe audiences will EVENTUALLY lose interest in the MCU. Then the MCU will be replicating all the bad aspects of the comic book industry where death is meaningless. Kevin Feige and his team have repeatedly emphasized that they want to keep the MCU somewhat grounded in reality. So I don't think they will revive dead characters with alternate versions PERMANENTLY. However, I think it would be really fun if they brought in multiple Ghost Riders, Spider-Men, X-Men who haven't already died in the main universe. I have no problem with the MCU bringing NEW characters through multiverses.

    I also really like the idea of the MCU using "legacy heroes" in its movies and shows. They can be really brave in a way the comics themselves can't be. Natasha Romanoff, Tony Stark and Steve Rogers are dead, but that doesn't mean the Black Widow, Iron Man and Captain America are. Heroes AND villains can NEVER move forward in comics because they never really age, die and get replaced. That's why comics are forced to use retcons and sliding timescales to maintain the status quo. Which is annoying to me. And I actually think recasting is no longer an option for the MCU. The actors' and actresses' performances are too iconic for audiences to accept that now. If the MCU keeps rebooting itself like previous Spider-Man franchises have and like what the Superman and Batman franchises have been doing in recent years, I think they're doomed in the long run.

    I actually LIKE the idea that characters can fulfill their character arcs in the movies and shows. For a dude like Vision to enjoy being a family man for a little while and then to "die" again protecting that family is a perfect ending for him in my opinion. I think if WandaVision ends with him being a soulless version of himself, Wanda WILL go insane and would go against the fun vibe of the show. And Paul Bettany looks WAY too happy in my opinion for somebody who might become a zombie robot. I could be wrong, but that's just my opinion.
    The conversation is exactly who the Vision can come back. Shuri has his personality in the Wakandan computers and then all they have to do is build a new body. Put the two together and Vision is back. That's the whole point of the back door
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  15. #1725
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    To be specific, it's Marvel Studios that's not having the panel. We probably will get some comic book news. FATWS had production issues before Covid even hit so it might get delayed, who knows.

    Also the studio could always do something on their own as well. A lot of companies are taking that approach. Especially in regards to video game related conventions. Everyone is giving their own direct streams. Marvel opened up their own Twitch channel recently. So that could always be utilized for than just their games and comics.
    They may wait until around the time of D23 to announce something
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •