Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, definitely agree with that last sentence. I would prefer that completely turned around with MCU Wanda wanting to go out and enjoy life, and Vision being the staid wannabe-stay-at-home. The last thing the MCU needs is another manchild, and it could totally use a woman who isn't a stone badass like Black Widow or Gamora, and isn't afraid to be domestic or girly or exuberant.
    Oh yeah. I wouldn't mind Wanda being more "feminine" and easing into her role as a domestic goddess. I think that would be so much more fun. I'm starting to wonder if MCU fans are getting tired of childish manchildren heroes and aloof badass heroines. It's sort of getting old hat to me, but apparently MCU audiences love it. I think Vision should be a chill-ass dude too. He could even put on a pair of aviator sunglasses sometime. Even though I love Cumberbatch's portrayal of Dr. Strange, I think he is in serious danger of being the MCU's next major man-child. Whenever him and Christine Palmer were talking, it seemed like he was yelling at her. This was totally different from his relationship with other characters. That's a sign of great immaturity and kind of disrespectful. I love Strange being a total dickhead, but when it comes to his love interests, it's highly problematic. I hated how Palmer just loyally stood by him even AFTER he said so many hurtful things to her. But most of the non-superhero women in the MCU are total doormats anyways so I wasn't surprised by her portrayal. Just disappointed. By the way, did I mention that I think Strange being a loveable asshole is great? I love it! As a dude, I TOTALLY can identify with that attitude. But you know what? I bet you the females on this thread love it too.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 07-29-2020 at 03:28 PM.