Page 151 of 271 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 4051
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    Hey for all Wanda fans, it seems like Marvel's Avengers game which is coming from Square Enix will have Wanda in their game, in the game code it was found that she is presented you can check more in the video below!

Hopefully they did a good job with her, both game mechanics-wise and story-wise.

It seems like everywhere outside of comics does a better job with her. So let's hope.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It seems like everywhere outside of comics does a better job with her. So let's hope.
    I mean, until Darkhold comes out and bring something genuine and fresh, I wouldn't call "better than comics" something flattering, or indication of "good job!".

More of an indication of how low comics have gotten with their portrayal of her.

The way some people say "Wanda is beyond repair" but i thought Wanda was doing pretty good even if she wasn't in any comic, till the x-men writer started teasing her as the pretender and bringing again all that old mess that got her out of comics, and now we this thing she made in Genosha ugh.

I wish another writer used her as the Wanda we saw in No surrender and No road home.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    The way some people say "Wanda is beyond repair" but i thought Wanda was doing pretty good even if she wasn't in any comic, till the x-men writer started teasing her as the pretender and bringing again all that old mess that got her out of comics, and now we this thing she made in Genosha ugh.

I wish another writer used her as the Wanda we saw in No surrender and No road home.
    Some of those good portrayals come from Zub. But, she didn't get that much progression as a character. It just didn't hack into her character or use her as a plot device. Which is really bare minimum. We've all talked about here how her newest relationship has gotten no development really on panel.

In her other appearances, she's barely even in Strange Academy. Her solo did something cool by having her be a magic detective, but it also spent a lot of time on the retcon of the retcon. She had a decent showing in Star but of course that was brief. Doctor Strange Damnation teased something cool with her maybe becoming a member of the Midnight Sons, but that was on the very last issue and it never really happened. She needs a story with a good push forward. Not a revisit of the past nor most of it taking place off panel. Or just being a background decoration.

I hope for something good with Darkhold. But I'm apprehensive.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The perfect way would have been when Hickman reset the universe back in his Avengers run. Everything should have been dropped then. Wanda needs a reboot with strict rules attached. Because writers can't help themselves. They've decided on boogey-man of the mutants for her.
    Yeah, that would have been nice, but Marvel are never going to do a reboot

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    Hey for all Wanda fans, it seems like Marvel's Avengers game which is coming from Square Enix will have Wanda in their game, in the game code it was found that she is presented you can check more in the video below!

Given how bad the game looks, especially the character designs, I'm dreading what Wanda will look like

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post

To put it in some unpleasant language, she is doing kinda well even if she is "functionally dead", now they seek to desecrate her "corpse".

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Oh, they hate her out of pettiness, and that doesn't change with her coming back to solver the **** or not.
    Years of comic history already proved that, and I hold that opinion that they don't like outsiders solving their problem yet crying about "mutant oppression".
    Also if she doesn't come back to solve, this BS ends here, she is a plot device, yes, but that's nothing new. And I fear if she does come back to solve the problem, Hickman can pull some worse ideas out of his ass.
    Exactly what I am thinking. So far, Hickman has not made Wanda a member of his Fascist Mutant State. That’s what I currently fear the most.

Bye the way, the big broom for cleanout has arrived at DC Comic’s editorial. Should be only a matter of time until Marvel Comic’s is next.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Given how bad the game looks, especially the character designs, I'm dreading what Wanda will look like
    I think in that case, for me it would be out weighted by just being happy of her being in such a huge game. Especially if she’s looks not more ugly then the other characters, haha!

But yeah, not only the character designs are weird, the graphic is subpar. On has just to have a look at Final Fantasy VII Remake, there are worlds between that!

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    I think in that case, for me it would be out weighted by just being happy of her being in such a huge game. Especially if she’s looks not more ugly then the other characters, haha!

But yeah, not only the character designs are weird, the graphic is subpar. On has just to have a look at Final Fantasy VII Remake, there are worlds between that!
    Yeah, the graphics and overall designs are awful. Hopefully it will play well and not only Wanda but some of the other ladies like Quake and Mockingbird might get a decent outing

Yeah, the graphics and overall designs are awful. Hopefully it will play well and not only Wanda but some of the other ladies like Quake and Mockingbird might get a decent outing
    They fixed the designs. Graphics are good on PS4 pro/slim and better PC rigs. Keep in mind that this game was made for next gen.

Yeah, that would have been nice, but Marvel are never going to do a reboot
    They are mostly likely to tone back significantly on releases. Comics are struggling right now.

But I'm speaking from a point of if they wanted to solves the issues with Wanda and give her a clean slate. It's obvious they were never really interested in fixing what they did to her though.

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    Exactly what I am thinking. So far, Hickman has not made Wanda a member of his Fascist Mutant State. ThatÂ’s what I currently fear the most.
    I had come as a ghost reader to consult this thread to get to know the point of view of the pro Wanda without intervening (because I feel too out of place (not being a big fan of the character (I do not hate Wanda either, in fact, I'm pretty neutral))), but this complete misunderstanding of the mutants and Krakoa metaphor made me retort

Hickman didn't make the mutants fascist, very far from it. It's even racist enough to think that (even though I'm sure it wasn't your intention)

The X-Men comics, despite their varied storylines, have always proven one thing: whatever mutants do to nurture peaceful coexistence, humans will always seek to persecute them. Hickman is an X-Men fan, and he's decided that the characters need to wake up. So Moira is now a mutant (one of Marvel's best retcons, no one can change my mind) with the gift of reliving ten times, and who has tried for her last seven lifes to fight relentlessly, by testing various means, to preserve her species. But at each end, the mutants are annihilated as mankind's xenophobia is so strong that they become completely devoid of humanity (note the irony). After working solo or with other extreme mutants (like Apocalypse), Moira has finally decided to take her last chance (the tenth and last life Destiny predicted) by siding with Xavier's dream. Peaceful coexistence. Unsurprisingly, it failed again. But instead of using violence, Moira tracked down Charles and Erik and confessed her secret to them. Together, they decide to take much firmer measures for the survival of mutantkind without attacking humans.

They are creating with their own hands a nation of their own, Krakoa. A place where mutants will finally be safe, where they can finally stop living in terror of persecution and genocide.

All they are asking for is their independence and recognition of Krakoa as a sovereign nation. They in no way declare war on humans, they even offer to commercialize their resources

I just can't understand how you judge a minority to be facist when they say no to their persecutors