Page 15 of 271 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yes and Doctor Strange also had a multiverse in his books that had to do with Shuma-Gorath not everyone's faves being put in his book. So we have no idea. These so far have been fan theories, put on third party sites. Not confirmed by Disney or Marvel themselves. So I'm gonna wait and see. I know you both have a personal stake in seeing these characters in the MCU. But I guarantee they will happen. Just might not be in the same way fans theorize.
    Yeah but I think Feige is gonna use this opportunity to bring in as much new and/or AU characters as possible. I think that has to do with why Derrikson left, he wanted to make it just about Strange and his supporting characters like the first movie.

What I'm saying doesn't match up is Wanda bringing in mutants in her show. None of them have been cast. And so far her show has characters she actually had anything to do with. I'm not referring to YA with that. Because it's been teased that her sons are there. Or at least one son. So it is more plausible that her show would be a precursor for YA.
    Well I think that the only characters that are gonna appear for the first time in WandaVision will be Agatha, Billy and Tommy, and whoever the villain is(Chthon, Nightmare, Grim Reaper. Someone like that). Mutants showing up is bs. And the Doom thing was made up by that weird troll.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 01-23-2020 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah but I think Feige is gonna use this opportunity to bring in as much new and/or AU characters as possible. I think that has to do with why Derrikson left, he wanted to make it just about Strange and his supporting characters like the first movie.
    That's a theory. But also a theory is that the movie title is a Lovecraft reference for At the Mountains of Madness. So you can make anything work. And you can come up with any idea for why Derrikson left. I'm gonna wait and see. And hope that Doctor Strange's movie is not populated with a ton of other characters, negating his own story.

The Doctor Strange 2 synopsis is so far:

"After the events of Avengers: Endgame, Dr. Stephen Strange continues his research on the Time Stone. But an old friend turned enemy seeks to destroy every sorcerer on Earth, messing with Strange's plan and also causing him to unleash an unspeakable evil."

So it's vague and only gives reference to Mordo being back and a use of the time stone. I don't think Miss America is an "unspeakable evil" though, lol.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

That's a theory. But also a theory is that the movie title is a Lovecraft reference for At the Mountains of Madness. So you can make anything work. And you can come up with any idea for why Derrikson left. I'm gonna wait and see. And hope that Doctor Strange's movie is not populated with a ton of other characters, negating his own story.

The Doctor Strange 2 synopsis is so far:

"After the events of Avengers: Endgame, Dr. Stephen Strange continues his research on the Time Stone. But an old friend turned enemy seeks to destroy every sorcerer on Earth, messing with Strange's plan and also causing him to unleash an unspeakable evil."

So it's vague and only gives reference to Mordo being back and a use of the time stone. I don't think Miss America is an "unspeakable evil" though, lol.
    You don't need to say it's a theory and "you can come up with anything" when the two sentences quoted start with "Yeah but I think..." and "I think that has to do...".

And I've read the synopsys, too. Of course that some crazy villain will come out of the Multiverse or something like that, but I doubt that's gonna be the only character they meet. I'm not even betting on America really being on the movie, I just wanted to point out that while it seems very out of left field to even imagine her there, the part where she's an AU character and the movie's about the multiverse is a reasonable connection.

You don't need to say it's a theory and "you can come up with anything" when the two sentences quoted start with "Yeah but I think..." and "I think that has to do...".

And I've read the synopsys, too. Of course that some villain will come out of the Multiverse or something like that, but I doubt that's gonna be the only character they meet there. I'm not even betting on America really being on the movie, I just wanted to point out that while it seems very out of left field to even imagine her there, the part where she's an AU character and the movie's about the multiverse is a reasonable connection.
    I mean I get that fans would jump to that. I just hope that people realize there's a different multiverse in his lore. So tempering expectations is best. Because there hasn't been a character yet that I haven't seen theorized for this movie. And most of them have nothing to do with Doctor Strange. Sadly very few even bring up Clea.

From today's solicits

STRANGE ACADEMY #2
    SKOTTIE YOUNG (W) • HUMBERTO RAMOS (A/C)
    CHARACTER SPOTLIGHT VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    Go to class with the students at STRANGE ACADEMY! Your class schedule:
    8:15–9:15 HISTORY OF MAGICAL OBJECTS with THE ANCIENT ONE
    9:25–10:25 ELEMENTS OF CHAOS MAGIC with SCARLET WITCH
    10:35–11:35 GYM with COACH TAYLOR
    11:40–12:10 LUNCH (cooked by MINDFULL ONE)
    12:20–1:20 INTRODUCTION TO THE UNDEAD with BROTHER VOODOO
    1:30–2:30 INFERNO 101 with MAGIK
    2:40–3:20 (Pending survival) STUDY HALL
    3:30–4:30 MAGICAL PLANTS AND THE CARE THEREOF with PROFESSOR MAN–THING
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saffron View Post
    This I'm actually excited for. I love Beck's work on Buffy, so I've been waiting for him to return to television.
    He’s the one who did the score for Buffy???. Why didn’t the article mention *that*? Ach, I should have known that. But back then I wasn’t “investigating” what I saw as intense as I do now.

Fantastic Member

It says in the synopsis that Mordo unleashes unspeakable evil. Which doesn't really describe Nightmare to me.
    Well, remember what happened when Mordo took Pangborn's powers? Trying that on Wanda might backfire on Mordo in a very, very nasty way. That would lead Wanda into meeting Strange as she pursues a corrupted Mordo.

And Mordo did say to Ancient One that he banished his demons, to which AO reminded him that we never defeat our demons, only live with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    From today's solicits

STRANGE ACADEMY #2
    SKOTTIE YOUNG (W) • HUMBERTO RAMOS (A/C)
    CHARACTER SPOTLIGHT VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    Go to class with the students at STRANGE ACADEMY! Your class schedule:
    8:15–9:15 HISTORY OF MAGICAL OBJECTS with THE ANCIENT ONE
    9:25–10:25 ELEMENTS OF CHAOS MAGIC with SCARLET WITCH
    10:35–11:35 GYM with COACH TAYLOR
    11:40–12:10 LUNCH (cooked by MINDFULL ONE)
    12:20–1:20 INTRODUCTION TO THE UNDEAD with BROTHER VOODOO
    1:30–2:30 INFERNO 101 with MAGIK
    2:40–3:20 (Pending survival) STUDY HALL
    3:30–4:30 MAGICAL PLANTS AND THE CARE THEREOF with PROFESSOR MAN–THING
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Where can I sign up for the lecture from 9:25–10:25 ?

Fantastic Member

Quicksilver also got powers from the mind stone and he had... Super speed. Carol got her powers from the space stone and she has like... A whole set of powers which at least some don't match the space stone. We already talked about that before on this thread. Her powers not being limited to mind stuff has nothing to do with "the MCU not doing research"(what does that even mean?).
    I have a theory Wanda used the mind stone to give Pietro powers from the Space Stone to save his life. That would thus explain his super speed.

Whereas Captain Marvel can access energy from anywhere in the universe due to the Space Stone powers she was given.

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    How is adding a female co-lead (which has been done in other Marvel movies) and being told not to kill off Wong (a major part of Strange’s mythos) political correctness gone wrong? Assuming the article is correct, the bias of the author is strong. Particularly given that he mentioned Captain Marvel as a failure which it wasn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    Well, remember what happened when Mordo took Pangborn's powers? Trying that on Wanda might backfire on Mordo in a very, very nasty way. That would lead Wanda into meeting Strange as she pursues a corrupted Mordo.

And Mordo did say to Ancient One that he banished his demons, to which AO reminded him that we never defeat our demons, only live with them.
    Well it seems to be whatever he unleashes is an unspeakable evil. So I'm not sure that'd be himself. But I guess possession of power could count.

Where can I sign up for the lecture from 9:25–10:25 ?
    Same here.

Ugh, cosmicbooknews is such trash.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    How is adding a female co-lead (which has been done in other Marvel movies) and being told not to kill off Wong (a major part of Strange’s mythos) political correctness gone wrong? Assuming the article is correct, the bias of the author is strong. Particularly given that he mentioned Captain Marvel as a failure which it wasn’t.
    Translation:
    Adding an sorta relevant supporting character plus not killing an existing supporting character for the MC is atotally PC move. Guess Stephen has to check and filter his list of friends into a white boy club to satisfy this particular arthur.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 01-24-2020 at 08:11 PM.