Page 117 of 271 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 4051

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    So far there is no guarantee that the twins will be around after this series, so there is a strong chance they are part of the dream
    My personal belief is that if the twins "die" like the other previously killed characters in the show and nobody but herself survives it, it would be WAY too dark for Disney's appetites. Wanda's gotta get something positive out of this series, I think. I just can't believe Marvel Studios would pile on MORE grief for her character. It'd be total overkill in my opinion.

The reason why I think Vision could be "real" is because on the Certified Guaranty Company message board a poster posted this information earlier this year:

"I was an extra for the W/V series recently. I can't say anything of import because of the NDA, however I had some real geek out moments. It was SO cool to see Paul B suited up as Vision for the shoot.

So, to combat selfies or any spying photos from the extras, when you get there they have you turn off your phone and drop it into a small pouch with a locking mechanism at the top. I'm actually not sure if it was magnetic or something else (there was no key), but I couldn't open it once they locked it. When my day was over the person who released me kindly asked me to show my "photo roll" on my phone so she could check for photos. They're very serious about leaks.

One of the other extras had been there for 13 days in a row and he told me how the scenes we were shooting related to some of the other stuff he had shot. So I was able to piece together some plot. Exciting.

I was there for 12 hours. 70% was boredom, but the other 30% was pretty cool. I was part of 2 scenes on 2 radically different sets. When my episode airs I'll come back on here to let you know who I was.

I doubt I will be going back out for any more shoots but I had a good time and I can't wait for the show to come out.

That Pinewood Studios facility is pretty awesome."

Then he/she followed up by saying the following:

"Luckily I have a skill set that they needed for the shoot so I got paid pretty well. The casting agency told me I was getting paid for 8 hours and everything after that would be time and a half (which would be really great) but when I went to sign my paperwork at the end of the day they told me my pay was for 12 hours, NOT 8 hours. I have the emails to back up what the casting agent told me so I should be able to get my extra money (maybe the casting agency will have to pay the extra?)

From talking to the other extras, they all got $85 for 12 hours. That's pretty low pay, but they all seemed happy. It makes for a loooooong boring day though. Food was amazing! The catering is exceptional.

Seeing Paul B in costume really made the experience for me. Kat Dennings was in the scenes too so I got to see Darcy."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    My personal belief is that if the twins "die" like the other previously killed characters in the show and nobody but herself survives it, it would be WAY too dark for Disney's appetites. Wanda's gotta get something positive out of this series, I think. I just can't believe Marvel Studios would pile on MORE grief for her character. It'd be total overkill in my opinion.
    It could be handled as a post-ep stinger, in the Marvel tradition. Wanda wakes up from the 'WandaVision,' alone, and somewhere far away, the twins are shown in separate locations (either as babies, or perhaps even as teens, if Disney doesn't want to deal with 'Wanda as mom' for the next two decades, and wants to skip right to Young Avengers).

I used to think this whole series could be a dream/nightmare. But I've since changed my mind. And that's largely because of Vision's and Wanda's children. If they're gonna eventually become real, then I don't think their existence can be explained by her living in a dream/nightmare. How would she get pregnant? I think the show will somehow be based on reality. And I think Wanda's parents, Pietro and Vision will be sort of "real" in this "fake" world.
    We just don't know. I mean it could be used to set up Young Avengers. I don't think Pietro will be real at all. The actor has not been around and said he's not gonna be around. And I don't think that's them trying to keep it from being spoiled. And the guy that played the other Pietro was still never confirmed. Just rumored as a "reportedly." And even then we'd have no idea if he were cast as Pietro if it is true. He might just be fun, brief cameo. There are a lot of high hopes for people's wish lists tied into this show, and I feel like people are setting themselves up with high expectations.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It could be handled as a post-ep stinger, in the Marvel tradition. Wanda wakes up from the 'WandaVision,' alone, and somewhere far away, the twins are shown in separate locations (either as babies, or perhaps even as teens, if Disney doesn't want to deal with 'Wanda as mom' for the next two decades, and wants to skip right to Young Avengers).
    Your hypothesis is a distinct possibility in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    We just don't know. I mean it could be used to set up Young Avengers. I don't think Pietro will be real at all. The actor has not been around and said he's not gonna be around. And I don't think that's them trying to keep it from being spoiled. And the guy that played the other Pietro was still never confirmed. Just rumored as a "reportedly." And even then we'd have no idea if he were cast as Pietro if it is true. He might just be fun, brief cameo. There are a lot of high hopes for people's wish lists tied into this show, and I feel like people are setting themselves up with high expectations.
    You know, I was initially against Quicksilver playing too much of a role in this series at first because it would distract from Wanda and Vision. But I've changed my mind not because I desperately WANT him to appear. But because it would make no sense if he DIDN'T appear. I think fans asking for Magneto and Wonder Man to show up are in for major disappointments because they've had nothing to do with Wanda and Vision in the MCU thus far. And I totally oppose the idea that just because Magneto and Wonder Man had relationships with the two protagonists in the comic books means that they have to have them in the films/shows. It's too late at Wanda's and Vision's respective journeys in the MCU at this point to have them play a part here. I do think Pietro COULD show up because he played a really key role in Wanda's MCU origin story. I also don't think he will be real if he shows up. And he definitely won't last. I think Quicksilver fans ARE entitled to have him return to say a proper goodbye to his sister. You must admit, if Wanda ends up living in a fake fantasy world, it would be absolutely logical for her to bring back as many loved ones she's lost (Pietro included). I've always said that Marvel Studios should never let their fans dictate what stories they want to tell. But I also have stated that Marvel Studios are obligated to treat characters they adapt from the comic books with respect. We here have waited decades for Wanda and Vision to appear in live-action movies and television shows, but so have Pietro fans for their guy. And I feel that Pietro fans are owed a little more respect over what happened to him in Age of Ultron (he basically died largely because of studio politics and not really for story reasons). I don't think he'll have be there for very long because the story should really focus on Wanda and Vision. But I think he should be there. And I think he will be because that Murphy's Multiverse website posted a panel from Wanda's solo series and it featured her fighting Pietro. Why would WandaVision's producers choose that one? Because I believe they are gonna include Quicksilver in the series. And we'll find out very quickly. Murphy's Multiverse also posted a panel of Vision's solo series which showed him and Wanda hosting a family dinner. Agatha is there. So is Bova, Wonder Man, the Whizzer, and Quicksilver. I doubt that Bova and Simon will show up in the show, but it would totally be within the realm of possibility that Wanda's folks and Pietro ARE there. A family dinner with just Wanda, Vision and Agatha would be incomplete.

Like you said previously, if Vision is revived by science and technology alone, then Wanda's parents and Pietro have no chance of appearing. But if Marvel Studios goes down the "reality warping" route, I think they all come back. Look, when I was reading about Wanda in the 90s, she basically fired beams from her hands. I don't remember her altering reality at all. Apparently she's graduated to Molecule Man levels of power. I don't think Wanda is gonna bring back Vision due to time travel (we just had that with Endgame). And I don't think she's gonna find him through multiverse shenanigans (because the Dr Strange sequel is probably addressing that). So it has to be reality warping for me. But I could be TOTALLY wrong.

I also think that if Wanda and Vision are going to raise their children over several sitcom decades during the show, I can't imagine her just abandoning them after the show concludes. No halfway decent mother would act that way and I don't think Disney wants to encourage their heroes to abandon their kids. So I definitely think some kind of relationship will be maintained.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 07-13-2020 at 07:07 PM.

Not sure why Marvel would't contact Aaron Taylor Johnson for this series, i really hope we have at least a cameo or flashback, he's Wanda brother! That's important enough for her Lore

You know, I was initially against Quicksilver playing too much of a role in this series at first because it would distract from Wanda and Vision. But I've changed my mind not because I desperately WANT him to appear. But because it would make no sense if he DIDN'T appear. I think fans asking for Magneto and Wonder Man to show up are in for major disappointments because they've had nothing to do with Wanda and Vision in the MCU thus far. And I totally oppose the idea that just because Magneto and Wonder Man had relationships with the two protagonists in the comic books means that they have to have them in the films/shows. It's too late at Wanda's and Vision's respective journeys in the MCU at this point to have them play a part here. I do think Pietro COULD show up because he played a really key role in Wanda's MCU origin story. I also don't think he will be real if he shows up. And he definitely won't last. I think Quicksilver fans ARE entitled to have him return to say a proper goodbye to his sister. You must admit, if Wanda ends up living in a fake fantasy world, it would be absolutely logical for her to bring back as many loved ones she's lost (Pietro included). I've always said that Marvel Studios should never let their fans dictate what stories they want to tell. But I also have stated that Marvel Studios are obligated to treat characters they adapt from the comic books with respect. We here have waited decades for Wanda and Vision to appear in live-action movies and television shows, but so have Pietro fans for their guy. And I feel that Pietro fans are owed a little more respect over what happened to him in Age of Ultron (he basically died largely because of studio politics and not really for story reasons). I don't think he'll have be there for very long because the story should really focus on Wanda and Vision. But I think he should be there. And I think he will be because that Murphy's Multiverse website posted a panel from Wanda's solo series and it featured her fighting Pietro. Why would WandaVision's producers choose that one? Because I believe they are gonna include Quicksilver in the series. And we'll find out very quickly. Murphy's Multiverse also posted a panel of Vision's solo series which showed him and Wanda hosting a family dinner. Agatha is there. So is Bova, Wonder Man, the Whizzer, and Quicksilver. I doubt that Bova and Simon will show up in the show, but it would totally be within the realm of possibility that Wanda's folks and Pietro ARE there. A family dinner with just Wanda, Vision and Agatha would be incomplete.

Like you said previously, if Vision is revived by science and technology alone, then Wanda's parents and Pietro have no chance of appearing. But if Marvel Studios goes down the "reality warping" route, I think they all come back. Look, when I was reading about Wanda in the 90s, she basically fired beams from her hands. I don't remember her altering reality at all. Apparently she's graduated to Molecule Man levels of power. I don't think Wanda is gonna bring back Vision due to time travel (we just had that with Endgame). And I don't think she's gonna find him through multiverse shenanigans (because the Dr Strange sequel is probably addressing that). So it has to be reality warping for me. But I could be TOTALLY wrong.

I also think that if Wanda and Vision are going to raise their children over several sitcom decades during the show, I can't imagine her just abandoning them after the show concludes. No halfway decent mother would act that way and I don't think Disney wants to encourage their heroes to abandon their kids. So I definitely think some kind of relationship will be maintained.
    I don't really want them to have Wanda use her powers to bring people back because that always has a cost, and wasn't something she could really do on her own without tapping into some other more powerful energy. And I don't want her acting that irresponsible. They had her do that in comics which lead to a disaster that has lasted so long that babies during that time are now teenagers. It's too much destruction for someone that is supposed to be a hero to play god.

I don't really want them to have Wanda use her powers to bring people back because that always has a cost, and wasn't something she could really do on her own without tapping into some other more powerful energy. And I don't want her acting that irresponsible. They had her do that in comics which lead to a disaster that has lasted so long that babies during that time are now teenagers. It's too much destruction for someone that is supposed to be a hero to play god.
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I would HATE for Wanda to be able to revive dead people and give birth to kids just by her powers alone. If she could do that she should be called the Scarlet Goddess, not the Scarlet Witch. The MCU has remained relatively grounded in reality up to now. I want Feige and his team to keep it that way. I don't want Wanda to be able to bend reality to her own will, because like you said, it causes a lot of problems and she will become merely a plot device. What I'm hoping for is for some powerful villains to do the reality warping. I want her to have her kids the old-fashioned way, not through her mystical abilities. I don't want her to get involved in the dead-reviving business at all. That way the heat can be taken off of Wanda and she can be a relatively "normal" superhero so to speak. But if the baddies are gonna be responsible for this fake reality, you kind of wonder what's their motivations are. And why would they want to make Vision a loving husband and devoted father (as well as a regular comedian)? I'm hopeful that she won't become omnipotent and all-powerful because she probably would have used her "reality warping" powers EARLIER to revive Pietro and Vision if she could. I mean, Agatha can train her in the use of magic, but by then Wanda will ALREADY have been in this fake reality for a while so she probably didn't cause it. But I could be wrong. If they use science to bring back Vision, there is no need for Wanda to do any reality warping. But Pietro and her folks won't show up then. Maybe it's better that way? It'd suck for Quicksilver fans though. I have no problem Wanda learning to hone her magical skills and gain control over her powers during the show. I also don't want her to turn out like she did in the comic books in the MCU. I've said this many times: I LIKE it when the movies/shows change things from the comics. A lot of times, I think the MCU did a GREAT job adapting stories from the books and I liked the way they changed them to suit the movies (usually for the better). I don't care at all if they diverge from the source material. But I'm more of a casual comic book reader, so I'm not married to the books like many readers are. I read that Civil War in the comics made Iron Man look like a total jerk, but I thought the movie interpretation didn't make him look bad at all. RDJ's Iron Man remained popular after that film. So maybe WandaVision will alter the stories in the comics to make her remain a sympathetic hero. At least I hope so. I really don't want her to have to be "put down" because she let her powers get out of control. I just don't think Jac Schaeffer and Megan McDonnell would allow Wanda to fall into the age-old trope of women not being able to handle great power and responsibilities. If dudes were writing this series, I think they'd definitely be tempted to do that (not knocking dudes at all (I am one), but the likelihood would be far higher).

Didn't Feige say that this show would be entirely fun and funny? I mean, how could it not be when the person being portrayed by the lead actress is literally hanging out with her battery-operated-boyfriend for six hours. If Olsen and Bettany get amorous during this series, I'm not even sure how they're gonna make out because the Vision's make-up would totally smear Wanda's face. I hope it's not TOTALLY a dream/nightmare. I don't want to see a "Weekend at Wanda's" movie where the Scarlet Witch just lives with Vision's corpse the whole time. If the folks working on the project seem to have had so much fun making it, I can't imagine it turning into a pre-MCU Marvel and/or DC movie in terms of darkness. I mean Ant-Man was literally joking about Captain America's ass in Endgame even after he found out that his partner and her parents had been "dusted". And as I mentioned previously, Korg basically mocked Asgard's destruction in Thor: Ragnarok with a quip and Quicksilver's literal last words in the MCU was "You didn't see that coming?" Marvel Studios just can't seem to take anything seriously in their movies, even if they involve death and destruction. So I don't think the MCU is going to deviate from their highly successful humor-heavy approach when it comes to WandaVision.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 07-14-2020 at 06:44 AM.

Yeah, we don't need Wanda playing God like the Hack made her do in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Not sure why Marvel would't contact Aaron Taylor Johnson for this series, i really hope we have at least a cameo or flashback, he's Wanda brother! That's important enough for her Lore
    I personally believe that they did. And they're making sure ATJ ain't gonna spill any beans. Look, I AGREED with the decision to kill Quicksilver off at that time. He was the first "superhero" to die in action in the MCU. So his death was not insignificant. There were rights issues involved so I think Marvel sort of gave in to Fox on Pietro. They were more interested in Ultron, Vision and Wanda. However, I've made it VERY clear that I did NOT agree with the MCU's policy of killing heroes and/or villains in the first films they appeared in. As for Pietro, I don't think he will be permanently resurrected. I don't think Marvel Studios is interested in reviving dead characters. I think they could easily replace Quicksilver with Speed, however. Maybe Tommy will end up hooking up with Crystal when the Inhumans show up. That would make things interesting...And sort of weird.

I know there has been many complaints about the MCU having lacklustre villains. I think this situation can easily be remedied. Disney has to STOP killing off their baddies in the very first movies they appear in! Imagine Megatron being killed off in the first episode of the Transformers cartoon. Or Doctor Doom being offed in the first issue of the Fantastic Four. Villains need to be developed and grow as characters just like heroes do. I was indifferent to the Black Widow when she first appeared way back when. But after watching Endgame I became rather fond of her. That's because she got several movies to evolve as a personality. I also wasn't too a huge fan of Thor until Ragnarok. But he got to be in several films before the last Thor movie came out. Now he's one of my favourite MCU heroes. And look at Loki! He's become one of the most popular characters in the MCU. And that's because he's changed so much since his first appearance as a "villain". I think Feige and his team realized the errors of their ways, and are gonna keep their villains alive longer from now on. I am looking forward to seeing Baron Zemo wear that famous purple mask of his in the Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

I personally believe that they did. And they're making sure ATJ ain't gonna spill any beans.
    I don't think this is the case, because he was filming other things during this production.

I don't think this is the case, because he was filming other things during this production.
    I didn't know that. If ATJ was doing other things, I guess he won't be on the show. I just feel bad for Quicksilver fans. I don't know how he's doing in the comic books these days, but I imagine after he was killed off five years ago, he hasn't been seen too often. I actually think it's harder to be a Quicksilver fan than a Wanda and/or a Vision fan. He gets treated really badly by Marvel writers and editors. My personal view is that the producers of the series should let Pietro say a proper goodbye to his sister. I remember in the cartoons and the comics that they were always together even though they fought a lot. But I guess Speed can replace Quicksilver if it's required.

I didn't know that. If ATJ was doing other things, I guess he won't be on the show. I just feel bad for Quicksilver fans. I don't know how he's doing in the comic books these days, but I imagine after he was killed off five years ago, he hasn't been seen too often. I actually think it's harder to be a Quicksilver fan than a Wanda and/or a Vision fan. He gets treated really badly by Marvel writers and editors. My personal view is that the producers of the series should let Pietro say a proper goodbye to his sister. I remember in the cartoons and the comics that they were always together even though they fought a lot. But I guess Speed can replace Quicksilver if it's required.
    He had a solo book that was supposed to have one more issue but that issue never came out. He had been in UA and in Avengers No Surrender before that. But I don't think he's been in anything since his solo. Which was about a year ago.

He had a solo book that was supposed to have one more issue but that issue never came out. He had been in UA and in Avengers No Surrender before that. But I don't think he's been in anything since his solo. Which was about a year ago.
    Well, at least he's not been TOTALLY absent from the books so that's great. If he does make a fun cameo in WV, maybe he'll get another solo title?

I went grocery shopping today, and for some reason I recalled the "paprikash" scene from Civil War. Every time I look at ingredients of something that includes paprika, I think of Vision and that movie. I often wondered if Markus and McFeely intentionally included paprikash in the Wanda and Vision banter because of its connection with When Harry Met Sally. Making a connection to two romances of characters so different from each another. "There's too much pepper in my paprikash. But I would be proud to partake of your pecan pie." I think that reference probably flew over most audience members' heads. I bet a lot of Marvel fans probably started making paprikash after watching that scene. From what I understand, "a pinch of paprika" should make people who know what paprikash is giggle because apparently the dish requires precisely a metric fuckton of it. Tell me, did Wanda and Vision ever bond over FOOD in the comic books? Or was that something the movies completely made up? I find it extremely amusing, but strangely not particularly romantic. And for the first time in the films, Wanda made me laugh: "Speeerets leefted!"
    Last edited by Albert1981; 07-15-2020 at 09:11 AM.

I bought a variant cover of Empyre 1. Scarlet Witch, Vision, and Quicksilver are shown on the cover, though they don’t appear in the issue. Clearly a Kree-Skrull War homage.