Page 229 of 271 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 4051

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    No, Wanda and Sersi have rarely interacted with each other. For most of the time Sersi was on the Avengers, Wanda was on the West Coast Avengers and the two books rarely crossed over (they both had different editors at the time).
    Yeah, I think the only Avengers lady Sersi is close to are Janet and...Natasha? Wasn't she on the team when Natasha was leading?

Marvel's WandaVision Merch Reveals New Superhero Suit, Paul Bettany's Circus Vision & More
    https://thedirect.com/article/marvel...-circus-vision

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    No, Wanda and Sersi have rarely interacted with each other. For most of the time Sersi was on the Avengers, Wanda was on the West Coast Avengers and the two books rarely crossed over (they both had different editors at the time).
    The only time I can think of them ever interacting was at the end of the Morgana Quest where Wanda asks Sersi to try and save the Vision

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I can't say that the female characters have been great, but they've had some nice, small moments. They really have built Carol Danvers up into something she's never been. I suspect that's to offer a version of their own Wonder Woman, but comic readers know that Mar-Vell came first -- and that he was a he -- not a she. I thought Wanda had a good showing in the last two Avengers films, but the Avengers movies always focused on Iron Man, Thor and Cap. They were always the big guns of the team, but they were never the most interesting characters. Vision, Wanda, Hank, Jan, Hank McCoy -- even Simon Williams were far more interesting to me.
    I agree. Marvel Studios is definitely altering Carol Danvers for the movies in a positive way (in my view). Although I think her introduction could have been better handled. I think Wanda is doing fine in the MCU. She seems to be written better than other females in the movies. I also enjoyed Vision, Wanda, Beast, Wonder Man, Ant-Man (Hank) and Wasp (Jan) more than the "Big Three". Not that I like dislike Iron Man, Captain America and Thor. I liked the Avengers who didn't have their own books and adventures. Certain members of the Avengers ONLY existed within the context of the Avengers and that made them more interesting to me. Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Hulk, Thor, Iron Man and Captain America already had their OWN titles. And now I hear the Avengers have included Blade, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Spider-Man, and Wolverine in their ranks. Those guys already have entire books, movies, shows (live action and cartoons) devoted to them. Why would the hell would I want to read about them as Avengers?!

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Definitely sums up all of the Avengers films to date! I found these somewhat enjoyable, but I share the same sentiment. How many times do we have to watch them face another massive CGI army in the final act. The banter is just too glib for the circumstances.
    I hear you dude. MCU heroes fighting faceless hordes of CGI armies (which apparently are quite easy to defeat) in the final acts of movies has become REALLY tiring for me. They're basically copy and paste baddies. And there doesn't seem to be a lot of consequences arising from such tremendous amounts of violence because most of the good guys are pretty chill after the battles are over. I think the MCU is being EXTREMELY lazy when it comes to storytelling in regards to the climatic showdowns of their films. I think Marvel Studios should try WAY harder to put the focus on characters as opposed to meaningless spectacles. And they've got to improve the quality of their villains too (and one way to do that is to reduce the amount of villains being killed in their first appearances). I think Feige and company will be much more creative with who the antagonists will be in WandaVision. And I DON'T think they will be so easily dispatched because I believe they will show up again in the Multiverse of Madness. So I'm cautiously optimistic WandaVision will not be a formulaic MCU production.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 12-03-2020 at 09:52 AM.

And I got a question for Will Evans:

Has Marvel EVER published stories of a Bildungsroman type? Coming of age stuff (like the Wonder Years)? I would like to see that kind of thing on big and/or small screens. Kind of like Marvel Comics' answer to Stand By Me or the Outsiders.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 12-03-2020 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I knew Vox for its political-related videos, but damn, they did a great job on this, it's better than the majority of other articles simply because it actually listed her different phases of history, far from a complete one but still far more detailed than the "OHHHH, look at HoM!" type of stuff.
    You're gonna love Vox's description of the last WandaVision trailer. I think they do a pretty good job of explaining Wanda:

https://www.vox.com/21448893/wandavi...-eggs-spoilers
    Last edited by Albert1981; 12-03-2020 at 09:58 AM.

I am very VERY impressed with GameSpot's descriptions of both Wanda and Vision. They cover their whole movie and comic book histories in a really detailed and thorough manner. I learned a lot from their videos, and boy am I glad the MCU streamlined both of their origins and histories:

Wanda:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afbf_EMzUlw

Vision:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os8pZ1OfQ7Y

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    You're gonna love Vox's description of the last WandaVision trailer. I think they do a pretty good job of explaining Wanda:

https://www.vox.com/21448893/wandavi...-eggs-spoilers
    Not a fan of the "mutant talk", but overall fine I guess.

no Wandavision content this week but i have to say that Wanda was trending yesterday on twitter because people were debating who wins between Mera/Wanda/Captain Marvel, she even got more likes than all of them by far

and can you believe the majority of the people were supporting Wanda, to me Wanda being liked by locals it's very important

Last edited by Cruelrain; 12-04-2020 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    no Wandavision content this week but i have to say that Wanda was trending yesterday on twitter because people were debating who wins between Mera/Wanda/Captain Marvel, she even got more likes than all of them by far

and can you believe the majority of the people were supporting Wanda, to me Wanda being liked very locals it's very important

That's awesome! Even compared to Carol, who Marvel wanted to be the most powerful .

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post

and can you believe the majority of the people were supporting Wanda, to me Wanda being liked by locals it's very important

I'm happy for Wanda, but I'm REALLY torn about the social media stuff. It looks like social networks are causing problems for the Black Panther franchise currently!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I'm happy for Wanda, but I'm REALLY torn about the social media stuff. It looks like social networks are causing problems for the Black Panther franchise currently!
    That's not technically social media, it is what people put on social media that causes problems

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    That's not technically social media, it is what people put on social media that causes problems
    Yeah, like Wanda got involved in some stans' superhero dick measurement contest.(Sorry for the language, but that's pretty much how I feel about the constant power comparison.) It's ultimately nothing harmful in any sense.
    And Black Panther got that same oldey problemetic cast member stuff, and really, it's not really social media that actively makes people hold certain, well, conservative and religious views at a rather inconvenient time.(They certainly can though, but again, it's the content like you said.)

Now I am just glad Lizzie is generally not active on social media and the her statement bothering me is only ever within the fictional works themselves.(Like cluelessly talking about HoM.)
    (Not that I believe she can turn out problemetic or anything like that, she seems pretty nice with her limited Instagram posts.)

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Right. That's what I meant. Sorry for not being clear.