Page 186 of 271 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 4051
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    Do you mean when Pietro began to look aged whenever he used his super speed, in the 90s? If so, it was revealed to be psychological (probably due to the dual shock of losing his twin and his wife in the same day). The same thing happened at the end of his Son of M arc, during Quick and the Dead. All he had to do was be reminded he wanted to help people, and he inexplicably was faster than ever.

One begins to think a lot of Pietro’s blocks are all in his head...

But concerning the idea that they need to recharge by visiting Mount Wundagore, it is in itself an interesting idea. Maybe to them, the energies surrounding the mountain is therapeutic and healing (Wanda, mystically; Pietro, psychologically), whereas it would drive just about anyone else (like the High Evolutionary) to insanity or destruction. It adds a little more creepy, Lovecraftian vibes to their origin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    What I find interesting is this...while I first knew of the Twins being Mutants and like them to be, very early on with the Avengers, twice, to be exact, the Twins powers waned. It was only by going back to their Balkan Homeland that their powers returned the first time.

Although while there, there was a stranger who perfomed Diarthrythmic treatments on them (but we only see Pietro). Could that stranger without a name have been the High Evolutionary in disguise? Maybe they needed another treatment to complete his process? I remember thinking this odd for Mutants to have to go to where they grew up, but also it made the Twins more unique. And I liked that both had increased powers afterward, so I simply thought of it as a type of homesickness.

The second time, the trip to Arkon's world and back to Earth seemed to restore Wanda's powers. We never learn what restored Pietro's powers. This seems odd no matter if Mutant or Mutate.
    Maybe itīs their conection to Mount Wundagore in general, maybe their powers have a mystical connection with the Mountain. I think Pietro may have powers over time as well as speed given a future version of him from his 90īs series seemed to be capable of time travel and in Son of M he had a kind of time travel hability and maybe itīs just a mental block who keep this power contained.

Curiosly this has been the case with Magneto as well, after he has used his powers for a long time and those begin to affect his sanity they shut down or become way harder to access, Claremont and Bendis said this may be because he puts limits on his powers else he would not be able to keep control of them or as a way to subconsciosly keep himself in check. Maybe Pietro has a similar type of mental block given speed was the main power that keep him and Wanda safe when they were young he has limited himself to this power alone.

I really want the MCU quicksilver to have a cameo in WandaVision...

Reports said he ins't but i wish it is just Marvel keeping it as a secret like when Natali Portman appeared in endgame
    Agreed I hope he appears in one of Wanda family dinners
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-27-2020 at 12:46 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hi.

No, I mean back in the late '60's/early '70's--early Avengers--when both twins were part of the team. They both left to recharge.

Agree, some things may be in Pietro's head like the second time because when Wanda was abducted, his powers were suddenly present and he raced around the world to NYC and into Avengers Mansion where a fight broke out (of course) because they did not recognize this super-super swift surprise person. Afterall, this was the firt time we see Pietro in his silvery costume and he was quite a bit faster than when they knew him previously.
    Ah, yes, when Wanda got a pet falcon and Pietro wore the cutest sweater. The twins look so happy here, so hopeful. Although I am always forced to ask, how were they paying their bills while not on a super team?

70E67C7A-392D-46C2-81A0-3B11B445F25F.jpg

What always amused me was Wanda was the one who initially wanted to join the X-Men while Pietro insisted on the Avengers, but ultimately it was Wanda who became the stalwart Avenger and Pietro the part-time X-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I really want the MCU quicksilver to have a cameo in WandaVision...

Reports said he ins’t but i wish it is just Marvel keeping it as a secret like when Natali Portman appeared in endgame
    That would be amazing, and I am cautiously optimistic about that since the report of an audition tape for Billy and Tommy mentioned a cool uncle sleeping on the couch. But I am keeping my fingers crossed for them just treating Wanda right. I just wish it wasn’t Elizabeth Olsen in the role.

Ah, yes, when Wanda got a pet falcon and Pietro wore the cutest sweater. The twins look so happy here, so hopeful. Although I am always forced to ask, how were they paying their bills while not on a super team?

70E67C7A-392D-46C2-81A0-3B11B445F25F.jpg

What always amused me was Wanda was the one who initially wanted to join the X-Men while Pietro insisted on the Avengers, but ultimately it was Wanda who became the stalwart Avenger and Pietro the part-time X-Man.

That would be amazing, and I am cautiously optimistic about that since the report of an audition tape for Billy and Tommy mentioned a cool uncle sleeping on the couch. But I am keeping my fingers crossed for them just treating Wanda right. I just wish it wasn’t Elizabeth Olsen in the role.
    Yes, that is the time. Both looked good in civilian clothing, I agree, I often wondered about where they stayed and how to pay for it. I guess with an Avengers stipend.

They were both happy the times they returned to their village, (but some of that was they did not remember because of the surpressed memories of what happened to them/their family. )

I think there must be some connection to the land that invigorates them. Perhaps they both need a current visit (with masks on, of course)!

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I hope this is true! Would be a nice set. But also I still want an action figure of Wanda in her current comics costume. It just does not get enough appreciation.
    I would love a Wada Wanda as well as a Neo Classic (Alan Davis) Wanda

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Maybe itīs their conection to Mount Wundagore in general, maybe their powers have a mystical connection with the Mountain. I think Pietro may have powers over time as well as speed given a future version of him from his 90īs series seemed to be capable of time travel and in Son of M he had a kind of time travel hability and maybe itīs just a mental block who keep this power contained.

Curiosly this has been the case with Magneto as well, after he has used his powers for a long time and those begin to affect his sanity they shut down or become way harder to access, Claremont and Bendis said this may be because he puts limits on his powers else he would not be able to keep control of them or as a way to subconsciosly keep himself in check. Maybe Pietro has a similar type of mental block given speed was the main power that keep him and Wanda safe when they were young he has limited himself to this power alone.

Agreed I hope he appears in one of Wanda family dinners
    I would be so happy if someone like Waid explored the Nestor storyline from his original solo. Pietro’s powers being time related is one of my favorite pet theories about him. It satisfies the part of my brain that won’t shut up about how if Pietro were really moving as fast as he was, he would be pushing off against the earth with enough force to launch into orbit. Not to mention little things like conservation of momentum and friction. It’s also why I prefer Wanda as a witch, besides the cool lore behind it. I can’t buy that she somehow manipulates probability to spontaneously fly, but I can wrap my mind around her casting a spell specifically meant to let her fly. I also like the dichotomy of them representing magic and science.

A nice family dinner issue is needed, especially after the Empyre snub.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I would be so happy if someone like Waid explored the Nestor storyline from his original solo. Pietro’s powers being time related is one of my favorite pet theories about him. It satisfies the part of my brain that won’t shut up about how if Pietro were really moving as fast as he was, he would be pushing off against the earth with enough force to launch into orbit. Not to mention little things like conservation of momentum and friction. It’s also why I prefer Wanda as a witch, besides the cool lore behind it. I can’t buy that she somehow manipulates probability to spontaneously fly, but I can wrap my mind around her casting a spell specifically meant to let her fly. I also like the dichotomy of them representing magic and science.
    Yes I think Pietroīs powers could use more exploration after Quicksilver no surrender and him and Wanda representing the Magic/Science duality in the marvel universe makes a lot of sense given their story in canon.

A nice family dinner issue is needed, especially after the Empyre snub.
    I thought Noh var was Pietro on their first wedding before I noticed it was Noh Var At least Wanda and Vision got to appear on the last Empyre issue but she and Vision were no close at all to either of them, so far it seems Wanda and Pietro are distanced from Billy, Tommy and Teddy , which kind of makes sense because the Kaplans have been caring for all three of them longer so of course they are closer family and well Teddy didnīt seem to like Pietro much on Childrenīs Crusade so him not being invited to the wedding means this is still the case.

I think a small comic be it a dinner or they just hanging out would be nice to explain for sure their relationship and get closer ties because itīs obvious they are pretty distant with each other.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-27-2020 at 03:01 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Kevin Feige has been clear about bringing the X-men on different movies and series before doing their own movie, just like they did for the Avengers itīs a good commercial tactic and allows storytelling space to properly tell the X-men story on the MCU. I think most of these youtube rumors are made by fans who just like to make theories.

I donīt think Wanda fans should worry wheter the X-men are or not are on the MCU, their story will be told and hers will be told, anything else is just bad rep of both sides from the situation in the comics but the MCU doesnīt follow the comics, it takes parts and ideas from it but itīs a completely different universe. I think Hank Pym for example has been threated a lot better there than he has been in the comics for years.

So no, WandaVision is going to be about Wanda and Vision life on the suburbs and maybe that story where Vision was put together wrong, as well as the beggning of the story for the twins. At most I think some mutants will be working for SWORD just like Luke Cage was on the first Thor movie, but not much else and their presence there is no wrong either imo.
    We just don't want Wanda being the catalyst for it. We want Wanda to have her thing and mutants to have their thing. I fully expect future phases to be mostly mutants.
    One particular reason why I do not want Wanda to bring the mutants into the MCU is because then she would be – albite very indirectly – responsible for every destruction, every live lost, every threat to the world that evil mutants cause.

For the same reason I do not want Ultron to return in the MCU. Although nowadays the narrative is – even in some Marvel books – that Ultron is all Tony’s fault, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post

Rumours of a Wanda and Vision marvel legends two pack coming next week. Strange it wasn't mentioned during Pulsecon but could be interesting
    Best abbreviation for Scarlet Witch ever *ROFL*

[...]

[...]
    If I remember correctly, to be precise, when they quit Magneto, Wanda was considering joining the X-Men right away, but Pietro was against it, to keep himself and even more so her out of conflict. Sometime later Pietro suggested joining the Avengers, yet there Wanda had doubts, based on what Pietro said before. I think back then Wanda once mentioned that Pietro always has the last say, based on some old-fashioned family traditions I guess. I believe it was with her relationship with Vison that she truly broke free of that.

Extraordinary Member

I think it's more about Wanda's early mentality of "hurrying up to make up", like she didn't want to leave Brotherhood because she felt like she was in debt of Magneto, and Pietro did not have a final say on that.
    It could be interpreted that she wanted to join X-Men to make amends since they are the primary foe during their Brotherhood time.
    And Wanda is just overall more attached to an organization she spent time with.

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    One particular reason why I do not want Wanda to bring the mutants into the MCU is because then she would be – albite very indirectly – responsible for every destruction, every live lost, every threat to the world that evil mutants cause.

For the same reason I do not want Ultron to return in the MCU. Although nowadays the narrative is – even in some Marvel books – that Ultron is all Tony’s fault, haha!
    Wanda being mother to anything should be and very likely could be (if it's not all fake) her sons.

Also, poor Tony. They gave him everything in the movies, but that saddles the comics version with stuff he didn't do.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Wanda being mother to anything should be and very likely could be (if it's not all fake) her sons.

Also, poor Tony. They gave him everything in the movies, but that saddles the comics version with stuff he didn't do.
    Wanda being mother to all mutants would just be wrong.

Dear Mom;
    Happy Mother's Day!
    Signed: Magneto

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Wanda being mother to all mutants would just be wrong.

Dear Mom;
    Happy Mother's Day!
    Signed: Magneto
    Exactly lol. It just does not work.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Anyone think or hope that Pietro may make an appearance in WandaVision? It seems like it would be a missed opportunity not to get him back

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Anyone think or hope that Pietro may make an appearance in WandaVision? It seems like it would be a missed opportunity not to get him back
    Yes, I will be disappointed if he doesn't show up or at least get mentioned.

he fact that not a single character has mentioned Wanda's brother since he died is ridiculous, but Vision also was never mentioned after he died, so I take it that the Russo/Markus/McFeely team just doesn't like referring to any character who isn't directly relevant to the plot of the movie. Hopefully it's different when Wanda is the star.