Page 66 of 271 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast

After appearing in the first three issues of Star, Wanda wasn't in the digital-only Star 4. Near the end of the issue, Star summons her for help, so she should show up in the fifth issue.

Star #5 will be out on september eye

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Star #5 will be out on september eye
    I think not. The reason why Star doesn't appear in the June-August solicitations is because those are solicitations for books that are getting print releases. Marvel doesn't do solicits for digital releases, so we just have to wait until they feel like announcing when the next batch of digital titles is coming out.

I think the only reason that Wanda can't be pictured as a solo character and more as a team character is because they barely tried with solos for her. She has potential though. She could have a main bad guy in Chthon. And she has had someone like Lore before. She has some support in Agatha, but there defintely could be more. And they could do something like have her interact with Victoria Montesi, who she has a lot in common with, plus appearances from Avengers, who shes been friends with for decades. I'd like to see her have any conversation with She-Hulk at all. They have not talked since before Disassembled. I'd like more of her with Jan and Carol too.

I don't think her accent is coming back in movies. Liz was just bad at it, so they shelved it.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think the only reason that Wanda can't be pictured as a solo character and more as a team character is because they barely tried with solos for her. She has potential though. She could have a main bad guy in Chthon. And she has had someone like Lore before. She has some support in Agatha, but there defintely could be more. And they could do something like have her interact with Victoria Montesi, who she has a lot in common with, plus appearances from Avengers, who shes been friends with for decades. I'd like to see her have any conversation with She-Hulk at all. They have not talked since before Disassembled. I'd like more of her with Jan and Carol too.

I don't think her accent is coming back in movies. Liz was just bad at it, so they shelved it.
    I agree, like what solo runs has she had? There's her mini in the 90's, her ongoing from 2015, a couple of solo stroies like the Red Lucy story and that's largely about it as far as I can recall. As well as Chthon, there is also Mordred and the Emerald Warlock. She could hang out with the likes of Jan, Carol, Jen and Monica and continue the Magicial Detective job from her ongoing. They could at least try again.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I agree, like what solo runs has she had? There's her mini in the 90's, her ongoing from 2015, a couple of solo stroies like the Red Lucy story and that's largely about it as far as I can recall. As well as Chthon, there is also Mordred and the Emerald Warlock. She could hang out with the likes of Jan, Carol, Jen and Monica and continue the Magicial Detective job from her ongoing. They could at least try again.
    Well, if Wanda gains more popularity from her show and movie, maybe she'll get a comic book series. And if that series is good, THEN it can be turned into a movie/show. From what I understand, Vision was not setting anybody's interest on fire five years ago UNTIL he got that Tom King series. Which I believe was a direct result of Vision's newfound popularity from the Age of Ultron. And now Vision's solo run is being incorporated into Wandavision. But for Wanda to have a solo show, she needs a good solo run. Time is of the essence. I don't know how long Liz's contract is and a whole bunch of new more traditionally popular Marvel characters are pouring into the MCU at a staggering rate. Soon there won't be enough space for Wanda to have another movie/series of her own. I only recently found out that Jane Foster of all people was the God of Thunder in the past few years! And because of that fact, Natalie Portman's starring in a new Thor film. If no good stories for Wanda come out of the comic books in the next five years, there's a huge chance she'll remain an important character but ONLY as a part of OTHER people's stories (with many appearances). That is why I am so opposed to introducing SO many new superheroes and supervillains into the movies so quickly. Let's please finish the arcs of the current characters FIRST!

I'm also pretty sure these Disney+ shows are not traditional television series' with multiple seasons like we've watched in the past. They're basically six-hour television movies with big Hollywood budgets. I could be wrong, but that's my opinion.

A magic story can be interesting, weird and fun but it can be sustained for six hours? What kind of supporting characters would Wanda have? How can the tale be told in a way that connects with people emotionally? Would she just be thrashing demons or interacting with her children a lot? These are the questions I would ask. It was the right call to get rid of the accent for Lizzie. It was just too awkward. Although I like her acting a great deal and her dynamic with Bettany. I think Wandavision will be successful BECAUSE Wanda's and Vision's relationship is so flat out bizarre. That opens up a lot of possibilities for storytelling, you know? It wouldn't be the same if you had a sitcom with Steve and Peggy, Tony and Pepper, Jane and Thor. Wanda will probably be a leader of the Avengers because I'm pretty sure War Machine, Ant-Man, Hulk, Thor, Hawkeye and Vision are on their way out. I'm definitely gonna miss that dynamic because those characters acted so well together. And I truly hope that even though Wanda is becoming the Scarlet Witch, her friends and teammates still call her Wanda. That was one of the best parts of the Marvel movies. Avengers calling each other Steve, Tony, Natasha, Clint, Bruce, Sam, Bucky, Rhodey, Carol, Scott, and Hope melded their civilian and superhero personas together in a truly fun way. I agree with Feige getting rid of secret identities. It was a gutsy call and went against the grain of the superhero genre, but I think it makes sense this deep into the 21st century.

I just really hope the MCU does not start adopting the bad elements of the comic book industry. Convoluted backstories and dense continuity are two things that scare off new comic book readers and old ones wanting to come back to them after a long absence. I also don't want the movies to have major crossover events every five years. I think in comics they happen way too often. It's also problematic that human characters in the comics never age (this is not an issue in the MCU), and that they constantly die and come back to life in often really gimmicky ways. And the regular reboots and retcons just add to the confusion. I also believe overuse of time travel and alternate dimensions can lead to very lazy storytelling. Above all, the MCU needs to stay the hell away from mature and gritty storytelling and themes. To keep the MCU successful, I believe they have to keep their movies and television shows family-friendly, humorous and maintain a high degree of positive energy. Pointless love triangles need not apply. I think Feige truly understands these facts very well. And the best part of the MCU in my opinion is that it DOES give our favorite superheroes and often supervillains happy, if not satisfactory endings. It respects their legacies. Steve Rogers getting that last dance, Tony Stark transforming himself from a self-indulgent playboy into a genuine hero, Bruce Banner mastering and reconciling his dual personalities, Loki reconciling with his estranged brother, Natasha Romanoff sacrificing herself to protect her new Avengers "family", and Vision probably achieving the full humanity he so richly desires in Wandavision (largely through the love of Wanda Maximoff). Comic books require soap operas and drama because of the need to sustain themselves almost indefinitely, but the MCU doesn't have that problem. And I have zero doubt that Wanda will get a very rewarding conclusion to her character arc in the MCU as well. So I'm not as paranoid as others here that she will become a villain. I AM concerned that the MCU might be playing with fire if they make Wanda TOO powerful. We here are definitely keenly aware of the fact that overpowered superheroes inevitably leads to unpopularity for those characters. It's just too hard to write for them. Too hard to sympathize with them. Too easy to rely on them in battles. In the comics, I expect things to unfortunately remain the same for Vision and Wanda. Probably more dysfunction and misery. But I remain hopeful MCU synergy will have a positive affect on them in the comic books to some degree.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 05-23-2020 at 06:01 PM.

Ultimate Member

I think the only reason that Wanda can't be pictured as a solo character and more as a team character is because they barely tried with solos for her. She has potential though. She could have a main bad guy in Chthon. And she has had someone like Lore before. She has some support in Agatha, but there defintely could be more.
    Due to her relationship with Agatha, I really want to see her interacting more with the New Salem magical community, and Agatha's grandchildren, Salem's Seven, each a minor witch, but also bonded with a demon and having super-powers as a result. They have been villains for much of their career, working for their dad, Nicholas Scratch (Agatha's son), but most recently have cleaned up their act and are serving as guardians or protectors of New Salem (as seen in the last run of the New Warriors, IIRC). Gazelle, in particular, had flirted with being a good-guy before, but now everybody's gotten on the side of the angels, and they'd make an interesting supporting cast (and the town of New Salem itself, an interesting backdrop for a Wanda-centric tale). Nicholas Scratch could even return, and Wanda have to put down her mentor's wicked son for once and for all, when he enacts his longest-term plan to absorb his seven children *and* the seven demons he's bound to them, and increase his personal power by that of seven witches and seven demons, to become a 'demon god!'

Bonus points if Wanda adopts Ebony, Agatha's old familiar, who could transform into a black panther, and, was hinted, was something other than just a cat. (Perhaps one of the 'demon cat-people' from Tigra's backstory, lurking about in harmless kitty-cat form?)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Due to her relationship with Agatha, I really want to see her interacting more with the New Salem magical community, and Agatha's grandchildren, Salem's Seven, each a minor witch, but also bonded with a demon and having super-powers as a result. They have been villains for much of their career, working for their dad, Nicholas Scratch (Agatha's son), but most recently have cleaned up their act and are serving as guardians or protectors of New Salem (as seen in the last run of the New Warriors, IIRC). Gazelle, in particular, had flirted with being a good-guy before, but now everybody's gotten on the side of the angels, and they'd make an interesting supporting cast (and the town of New Salem itself, an interesting backdrop for a Wanda-centric tale). Nicholas Scratch could even return, and Wanda have to put down her mentor's wicked son for once and for all, when he enacts his longest-term plan to absorb his seven children *and* the seven demons he's bound to them, and increase his personal power by that of seven witches and seven demons, to become a 'demon god!'

Bonus points if Wanda adopts Ebony, Agatha's old familiar, who could transform into a black panther, and, was hinted, was something other than just a cat. (Perhaps one of the 'demon cat-people' from Tigra's backstory, lurking about in harmless kitty-cat form?)
    Well, I think Wanda should probably has her own familiar while keeping Ebony around when Agatha is away.(I mean she never stays dead or alive.)
    I am also thinking about how to tie her various lives and lore together, like should her Chthonic origin play into her relationship with New Salem members etc.
    Another take I can think of is how Wanda would view people with god complex or those who desire the power of god, since she kinda fit the trope of "demonic/divine offspring who just choose to live like a mortal."
    Like if Wanda already realized she has a shard of some great Arch Demon/Elder God, how would she think about the crazy things one could do for pieces of petty demon souls?
    I think it would be nice to portray Wanda as someone who has a somewhat unique or deep understanding of the meaning of power, having her own philosophy that is generally heroic but some flavor of her own.
    I just feel like knowing more about Wanda's thought about her own deal.

Extraordinary Member

For a comic series, I still want a Darkhold reboot with Wanda and Darkhold redeemers.
    Sadly most of them are very obscure, but I just really like their character concepts, especially Vickie.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    A magic story can be interesting, weird and fun but it can be sustained for six hours? What kind of supporting characters would Wanda have? How can the tale be told in a way that connects with people emotionally? Would she just be thrashing demons or interacting with her children a lot? These are the questions I would ask. It was the right call to get rid of the accent for Lizzie. It was just too awkward. Although I like her acting a great deal and her dynamic with Bettany. I think Wandavision will be successful BECAUSE Wanda's and Vision's relationship is so flat out bizarre. That opens up a lot of possibilities for storytelling, you know? It wouldn't be the same if you had a sitcom with Steve and Peggy, Tony and Pepper, Jane and Thor. Wanda will probably be a leader of the Avengers because I'm pretty sure War Machine, Ant-Man, Hulk, Thor, Hawkeye and Vision are on their way out. I'm definitely gonna miss that dynamic because those characters acted so well together. And I truly hope that even though Wanda is becoming the Scarlet Witch, her friends and teammates still call her Wanda. That was one of the best parts of the Marvel movies. Avengers calling each other Steve, Tony, Natasha, Clint, Bruce, Sam, Bucky, Rhodey, Carol, Scott, and Hope melded their civilian and superhero personas together in a truly fun way. I agree with Feige getting rid of secret identities. It was a gutsy call and went against the grain of the superhero genre, but I think it makes sense this deep into the 21st century.

I just really hope the MCU does not start adopting the bad elements of the comic book industry. Convoluted backstories and dense continuity are two things that scare off new comic book readers and old ones wanting to come back to them after a long absence. I also don't want the movies to have major crossover events every five years. I think in comics they happen way too often. It's also problematic that human characters in the comics never age (this is not an issue in the MCU), and that they constantly die and come back to life in often really gimmicky ways. And the regular reboots and retcons just add to the confusion. I also believe overuse of time travel and alternate dimensions can lead to very lazy storytelling. Above all, the MCU needs to stay the hell away from mature and gritty storytelling and themes. To keep the MCU successful, I believe they have to keep their movies and television shows family-friendly, humorous and maintain a high degree of positive energy. Pointless love triangles need not apply. I think Feige truly understands these facts very well. And the best part of the MCU in my opinion is that it DOES give our favorite superheroes and often supervillains happy, if not satisfactory endings. It respects their legacies. Steve Rogers getting that last dance, Tony Stark transforming himself from a self-indulgent playboy into a genuine hero, Bruce Banner mastering and reconciling his dual personalities, Loki reconciling with his estranged brother, Natasha Romanoff sacrificing herself to protect her new Avengers "family", and Vision probably achieving the full humanity he so richly desires in Wandavision (largely through the love of Wanda Maximoff). Comic books require soap operas and drama because of the need to sustain themselves almost indefinitely, but the MCU doesn't have that problem. And I have zero doubt that Wanda will get a very rewarding conclusion to her character arc in the MCU as well. So I'm not as paranoid as others here that she will become a villain. I AM concerned that the MCU might be playing with fire if they make Wanda TOO powerful. We here are definitely keenly aware of the fact that overpowered superheroes inevitably leads to unpopularity for those characters. It's just too hard to write for them. Too hard to sympathize with them. Too easy to rely on them in battles. In the comics, I expect things to unfortunately remain the same for Vision and Wanda. Probably more dysfunction and misery. But I remain hopeful MCU synergy will have a positive affect on them in the comic books to some degree.
    Keep in mind that Harry Potter is all about magic.

They can create support characters. They definitely did for Vision and the Scarlet Witch. As they have for her Disney+ show as well.

I hope the MCU does not get convoluted either.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Well, if Wanda gains more popularity from her show and movie, maybe she'll get a comic book series. And if that series is good, THEN it can be turned into a movie/show. From what I understand, Vision was not setting anybody's interest on fire five years ago UNTIL he got that Tom King series. Which I believe was a direct result of Vision's newfound popularity from the Age of Ultron. And now Vision's solo run is being incorporated into Wandavision. But for Wanda to have a solo show, she needs a good solo run. Time is of the essence. I don't know how long Liz's contract is and a whole bunch of new more traditionally popular Marvel characters are pouring into the MCU at a staggering rate. Soon there won't be enough space for Wanda to have another movie/series of her own. I only recently found out that Jane Foster of all people was the God of Thunder in the past few years! And because of that fact, Natalie Portman's starring in a new Thor film. If no good stories for Wanda come out of the comic books in the next five years, there's a huge chance she'll remain an important character but ONLY as a part of OTHER people's stories (with many appearances). That is why I am so opposed to introducing SO many new superheroes and supervillains into the movies so quickly. Let's please finish the arcs of the current characters FIRST!

I'm also pretty sure these Disney+ shows are not traditional television series' with multiple seasons like we've watched in the past. They're basically six-hour television movies with big Hollywood budgets. I could be wrong, but that's my opinion.
    That's not how it works sadly. A character only gets their own series if either the higher ups want one or someone wants to do one. That's is what happened with Wanda, the only reason see got an ongoing in 2015 was because Robertson wanted to write it, the year before, no-one wanted to write a Wanda book. Also despite both Wand aand Vision being very popular with MCU (and now more comic) fans, they are hardly used in any of the major books because again, the creators involved don't want to write them. Jane Foster becoming Thor had nothing to do with Portman's portrayal (whcih was largely hated by fans), it was because Jason Aaron loves Jane.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Well, I think Wanda should probably has her own familiar while keeping Ebony around when Agatha is away.(I mean she never stays dead or alive.)
    She did have a Falcon early on, I wonder whatever happened to that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    She did have a Falcon early on, I wonder whatever happened to that.
    Well, I will probably go with the cliche and give Wanda a puppy named Ivory who can transform into a giant white wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Well, I will probably go with the cliche and give Wanda a puppy named Ivory who can transform into a giant white wolf.
    If she got a dog, it could play with Sparky if Vision and Viv decide to visit