Page 59 of 271 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Wow! I'm shocked Vis is so popular amongst Disney+ viewers. The dude didn't even get his own movie like Iron Man and Dr Strange did. This could mean only good things for Wandavision!

https://www.pennlive.com/entertainme...o-ant-man.html

Do you think Vision will refuse to wash the dishes because he doesn't eat?
    They say it's by search count, so it's probably people searching for WandaVision. Wanda isn't higher because they're counting her as "Scarlet Witch" and that's not on the title while "Vision" is.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    They say it's by search count, so it's probably people searching for WandaVision. Wanda isn't higher because they're counting her as "Scarlet Witch" and that's not on the title while "Vision" is.
    Sounds about right. I thought Wanda should have been higher.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think he'd do it for Wanda. Just like attempting to cook for her, hehe.
    I never understood how that whole cooking thing happened in Civil War. He practically single-handedly took out Ultron's armies in the previous Avengers movie, but he is unable to cook a paprikash for Wanda in the Avengers' kitchen?! I mean, he PRINTED OUT the recipe, even though he has full access to the Internet through his synthetic brain. I guess that WAS pretty funny, in a sort of unintentional bungling way. And his attempts at flirting were painfully awkward at first too. "No one dislikes you, Wanda!" He got much better a couple of minutes later: "For people to see you...as I do." The best thing about the kitchen scene was him playing Chet Baker's I Fall in Love Too Easily in the background. Great foreshadowing. That was really clever on the writers' and directors' parts. "Spirits lifted" was humorous though. It looked like she wanted to heave after eating his cooking. Don't you find it strange that so many people thought that was one of their favorite parts of Civil War despite so many things happening in that movie? I think this matter will be revisited in Wandavision because I think Vis's cooking probably still tastes like ****.

And didn't you think Wanda was absolutely savage in Civil War? She was sitting at the Avengers' HQ at the beginning of the film with her teammates, but then later on she drove Vision down God knows how many floors, dropped a bunch of cars on Iron Man and War Machine, and seriously hurt the Black Widow. She even complained to Hawkeye that he was pulling his punches. Friends don't do that **** to one another! I thought Vision was totally restrained throughout that whole airport battle because he didn't want to hurt any of his former colleagues. He could have easily taken out ALL of Team Captain America if he wanted to. But then again, I thought Team Iron Man was totally correct to support the Sokovia Accords.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 05-10-2020 at 03:05 PM.

I never understood how that whole cooking thing happened in Civil War. He practically single-handedly took out Ultron's armies in the previous Avengers movie, but he is unable to cook a paprikash for Wanda in the Avengers' kitchen?! I mean, he PRINTED OUT the recipe, even though he has full access to the Internet through his synthetic brain. I guess that WAS pretty funny, in a sort of unintentional bungling way. And his attempts at flirting were painfully awkward at first too. "No one dislikes you, Wanda!" He got much better a couple of minutes later: "For people to see you...as I do." The best thing about the kitchen scene was him playing Chet Baker's I Fall in Love Too Easily in the background. Great foreshadowing. That was really clever on the writers' and directors' parts. "Spirits lifted" was humorous though. It looked like she wanted to heave after eating his cooking. Don't you find it strange that so many people thought that was one of their favorite parts of Civil War despite so many things happening in that movie? I think this matter will be revisited in Wandavision because I think Vis's cooking probably still tastes like ****.

And didn't you think Wanda was absolutely savage in Civil War? She was sitting at the Avengers' HQ at the beginning of the film with her teammates, but then later on she drove Vision down God knows how many floors, dropped a bunch of cars on Iron Man and War Machine, and seriously hurt the Black Widow. She even complained to Hawkeye that he was pulling his punches. Friends don't do that **** to one another! I thought Vision was totally restrained throughout that whole airport battle because he didn't want to hurt any of his former colleagues. He could have easily taken out ALL of Team Captain America if he wanted to. But then again, I thought Team Iron Man was totally correct to support the Sokovia Accords.
    I think Vizh in this was first learning about human ways. So it was just meant to be a sweet moment between them.

I didn't like the hero vs. hero stuff in the original CW, so didn't like it in the movie either.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think Vizh in this was first learning about human ways. So it was just meant to be a sweet moment between them.

I didn't like the hero vs. hero stuff in the original CW, so didn't like it in the movie either.
    Oh, I agree with you. That scene made TOTAL sense and didn't at the same time. I concur that Vision was learning how to be human, but he inadvertently got really romantic while doing so. As I said, I remember reading many posts online saying that scene was kind of the best part of the movie. I figure you might feel the same way since you didn't like the source material upon which the movie was based. I also thought it was really endearing as well. I confess, I thought it was the best part of Civil War because the filmmakers obviously put a lot of effort into it. I felt the dialogue and acting was not forced at all, even though the scene was kind of awkward. I do think the writers HAVE to give Wanda some better lines in Wandavision. Vision's lines are SO much stronger and heartfelt. "A thing isn't beautiful because it lasts", "Well, I was born yesterday", and "You could never hurt me...I just feel you". I understand in many ways it IS harder to write for women characters, but I'm really hoping Jac Schaeffer and her team can pull it off in Wandavision. It would give Olsen more material to work with. I think Schaeffer and her female writers are the ONLY people that will prevent Wanda from "descending into madness" during the series. Marvel Studios and Disney need only look at how the last season of the Game of Thrones and the Dark Phoenix were received last year to know that would be a HUGE mistake. So many female viewers would be upset if they went down that road. Coincidentally, ALL the writers who worked on the Dark Phoenix and the last season of the Game of Thrones were men. I can't emphasize this fact enough.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 05-10-2020 at 05:41 PM.

andyparkart shares a high quality close up for the artwork that we saw before for the WandaVision series in which we can see her red eyes
    IMG_20200510_223628.jpg

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    andyparkart shares a high quality close up for the artwork that we saw before for the WandaVision series in which we can see her red eyes
    IMG_20200510_223628.jpg
    My theory is that somehow Wanda's powers, or some other force, have her in a pocket dimension. Perhaps it's a combination of the House of M (except the reality will be different) and the recent Vision family series.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

From Power Man and Iron Fist #102 (February, 1984). Art by Richard Howell.

More 4chan and Reddit fake news leaks about Wandavision (supposedly the first two episodes are described in great detail, but I don't believe this ****):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K44Ul91MXWQ

The description is way too grim in my opinion. Feige says the show would be funny, but it seems really dark in my opinion. I listened through the spoilers because I think a lot of this stuff is horseshit. Creative though. Bettany said the series starts off really funny, then gets weird, and ends in an epic battle. Where's the funny here?! I'm pretty sure there will be imminent "scoops" and "leaks" announcing Captain America 4 will be coming to a theater near you shortly.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 05-10-2020 at 08:22 PM.

Oh, I agree with you. That scene made TOTAL sense and didn't at the same time. I concur that Vision was learning how to be human, but he inadvertently got really romantic while doing so. As I said, I remember reading many posts online saying that scene was kind of the best part of the movie. I figure you might feel the same way since you didn't like the source material upon which the movie was based. I also thought it was really endearing as well. I confess, I thought it was the best part of Civil War because the filmmakers obviously put a lot of effort into it. I felt the dialogue and acting was not forced at all, even though the scene was kind of awkward. I do think the writers HAVE to give Wanda some better lines in Wandavision. Vision's lines are SO much stronger and heartfelt. "A thing isn't beautiful because it lasts", "Well, I was born yesterday", and "You could never hurt me...I just feel you". I understand in many ways it IS harder to write for women characters, but I'm really hoping Jac Schaeffer and her team can pull it off in Wandavision. It would give Olsen more material to work with. I think Schaeffer and her female writers are the ONLY people that will prevent Wanda from "descending into madness" during the series. Marvel Studios and Disney need only look at how the last season of the Game of Thrones and the Dark Phoenix were received last year to know that would be a HUGE mistake. So many female viewers would be upset if they went down that road. Coincidentally, ALL the writers who worked on the Dark Phoenix and the last season of the Game of Thrones were men. I can't emphasize this fact enough.
    Yeah, I'm hoping Jac and team do a great job. It seems to be the most anticipated show.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    My theory is that somehow Wanda's powers, or some other force, have her in a pocket dimension. Perhaps it's a combination of the House of M (except the reality will be different) and the recent Vision family series.
    My theory is that Agatha is teaching Wanda how to make a pocket reality in which she can be happy or creates a reality for her in which Wanda struggles to have the control in some moments

Or she just introduces Wanda to the magic world, i Wonder if she would have something about magic in her past or just going to learn about it without a lore.

Ultimate Member

Could be some ebil sort has trapped Wanda in a feelgood vision (pun intended) of her living a happy suburban life with Vision, but since it's drawn from her subconscious (here there be dragons...) and she grew up in wartorn Sokovia and knows crap all about what that sort of life would actually entail, save from old American 'I Love Lucy' reruns, it all gets whacky and keeps resetting as the absurdities mount and make it keep becoming unbelievable, as whatever badddie is desperately trying to keep her trapped there.

Nightmare, from the upcoming Dr. Strange movie would be one possibility. Or, keeping to relevant to her own story, she blew up the Mind Stone, and it was said in Age of Ultron that it had it's own sentience, which created Ultron (and made him such a dick), so *the Mind Stone* might be pre-emptively striking out at her and attempting to neutralize a potential threat to it's own existence!

Anything external to the character would, IMO, be preferable to 'Wanda goes cray-cray and traps herself in a sitcom, 'cause women with great power lose control and gotta be put down for the greater good, it's so unnatural...' (See, Grey, Jean or Stormborn, Daenerys.)

there is a slight chance that Quicksilver will appear in the series or a cameo

is her perfect world of course she would want to have her brother

Marvel is good at keeping secrets like we saw with Red Skrull and Natalie Portman in Endgame

Ultimate Member

Marvel is good at keeping secrets like we saw with Red Skrull and Natalie Portman in Endgame
    Gosh, I hope so! Evan Peters was fun as hell in the X-movies, but Aaron Taylor-Johnson's Quicksilver seemed way more true to the character, and one of my biggest pet peeves in the whole MCU was that his dynamic interesting *fun* character died to save frikkin' Hawkeye, of all people. (First biggest pet peeve was Drax calling Gamora a 'whore' in GotG, thirty minutes after painstakingly explaining that his people don't use metaphors, and wouldn't call her that unless he thought she was *an actual prostitute.* Unacceptable language on it's face, but even worse, technically wrong! )

Granted, I'm not expecting anything to come out of 'WandaVision' as real (a mysterious pregnancy that goes away on it's own, and yet foreshadows the equally mysterious appearances of Billy and Tommy later maybe?), and I'd kinda like Quicksilver back for real and permanently, not just as a delusion in WandaVision...

I think there is an EXCELLENT chance Pietro appears in the series. I used to be one of the biggest skeptics about Quicksilver returning, but I've completely changed my mind on the matter. Especially after that video with the twins leaked out. I think the Marvel Studios' Instagram page even posted a picture of Wanda and Pietro from the Age of Ultron not too long ago. The bigwigs at Disney probably understand that the killing of Quicksilver was the most controversial aspect of the Age of Ultron. I felt they had no choice because Fox was using him in their movies. To have two Quicksilvers running about would just be too confusing for audiences. I agreed with the decision to kill Quicksilver, but the WAY it was done felt a bit lazy even though it was heroic. I think Aaron Taylor Johnson cameos in the series, so Disney can give him the proper send-off he deserves. I don't think he survives it though.