Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Hank and Wanda are definitely Marvel's biggest victims, regarding writing mental disorders
    Funny that you mention Hank and Wanda together. I was reading through a recent Gizmodo article which described how Wanda is fast becoming known for being a superhero who fucks up a LOT:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-scarlet-...bit-1844474545

The comments section were particularly interesting:

"I kind of feel like they are trying to make Wanda into a female version of Henry Pym, who can always be counted on to do something mind-bogglingly stupid for the best reasons."

AND

"Quite honestly, Marvel has spent many years turning Wanda into The Fucking Worst. Her track record for being possessed, going insane, turning evil, and nearly destroying the world is truly off the charts. Rivaled at Marvel only by, as you say, Hank “I created Ultron” Pym and Hank “I experiment on myself” McCoy.

The worst part is that every time someone -finally- manages to put Wanda back together with any degree of success (as per the recent Uncanny Avengers run and her own solo series), someone else promptly throws her against a wall. And now... millions of mutant zombies. I don’t know if they’re the contagious type, but regardless, she’s fucked up again on a spectacular level. And given the way mutants hate her -already-, I don’t see them being too terribly understanding or forgiving."

I'm actually a little bit worried how Wanda will be portrayed after WandaVision. She'll probably do some bad shit unintentionally in the series, and in following movies and shows male characters will probably mansplain to her exactly where she went wrong.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 10-21-2020 at 01:31 PM.