Page 202 of 271 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 4051
    Extraordinary Member

Again nothing actually mattered is reported on.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Yeah, I'm not expecting the MCU to do a "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" version of WandaVision dealing with mental illness, and I'm not anticipating the MCU to do a "Philadelphia" version of Thor: Love and Thunder dealing with fatal diseases. I do think they should treat these subjects with some degree of respect and seriousness. And this is really weird coming from me because I've made it clear that I LOVE the humorous aspect of these Disney/Marvel movies. But I do understand when critics say that in Thor: Ragnarok that the protagonists did not take seriously the death of Thor's father, the murder of his people and the destruction of his home. I read that it was "hard to get invested in Thor or Hulk's inner turmoil when characters casually mention the Grand Master's orgy parties or refer to a wormhole as "The Devil's Anus". I thought the jokes were REALLY funny but they did feel a bit out of place.

What I AM getting tired of in the MCU are heroes and heroines having so MANY daddy issues. Iron Man, Star-Lord, Wasp, Gamora, Captain Marvel, Nebula, Thor, Black Panther, possibly the Hulk in She-Hulk, possibly the Black Widow in her movie, Erik Killmonger, Loki and Spider-Man. Is every MCU movie/show gonna end up like cheap Field of Dreams ripoffs?! Did the executives, producers, writers and directors at Marvel Studios all have "difficult" relationships with male figures in their lives growing up? Maybe THEY'RE the ones who should see some therapists.
    With phase 3 done we’re pretty much past daddy issues for the heroes already onscreen with a few exceptions:

Possibly Peter with uncle Ben, since the MCU hasn’t addressed it yet.

Ant-Man: Scott dealing with Cassie being a hero. Final Hank/Hope issues get resolved.

Thunderbolt Ross: Will there be a Ross and Betty scene?

Still ahead:

Moon Knight and his rabbi father. She-Hulk and her sheriff father (fewer issues here). Kamala Khan and her stern parents. Hawkeye and her rich a-hole dad.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 10-23-2020 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    This isn't the first book to suggest that
    And not even really say it either. We don't know if they just wanted to keep hinting at mutants or give a reason why the Hydra experiments worked on them and not others. Genetic anomaly could be anything. Wanda was also a nexus being, which drew Chthon's attention. And seeing as the universe couldn't use mutants for a long time, they probably planned something other than mutants. If they make them mutants, then it'll be something for Pietro. But Wanda takes the L. Because they likely won't go into the Chtonic lore. Which is her more interesting powers. It's funny to me that MCU fans want her to go HoM, but it wasn't her mutant abilities that allowed her to tap into those types of powers. She was never a reality warper with her mutant abilities.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 10-23-2020 at 12:54 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Artist Artgem posted this on his Twitter account, he's exicted for WandaVision so he made this

https://mobile.twitter.com/Artgerm/s...94198041423874

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think Wanda in particular had a lot of happy years. Both have had hard lives. But hard life doesn't mean they aren't strong enough to handle it. That's been their existence since birth and they seem quite use to struggle. They've both faced a lot of trauma and death, and that can create PTSD. But they haven't faced anything any other heroes have not, and also have never been diagnosed with that either. When either of them are in control of themselves and not possessed, they usually handle things quite well (Son of M aside). And Wanda has a therapist for depression. But mostly is depicted as a serious character, not a sad character.
    Too serious in my opinion! I think it's time for a change to a more goofy Wanda. I'm looking forward to it in WandaVision. I actually like how the MCU has turned more somber characters like Dr. Strange, Thor and Star-Lord into loveable goofballs. I want to see them do it to Wanda and Vision. I actually liked Pietro more in his earlier appearances. He was protective of Wanda, but not really a dick. But for some reason he turned into one later on and I think that definitely hurts the character's popularity. I enjoyed Whedon's take on Quicksilver because he was funny and pretty chill most of the time. If he comes back that would be great. I'm not sure if it will happen, but I think it COULD. The show's done a really great job of hiding who Wiccan and Speed will be, and I'm sure they'll get more airtime than Pietro if Quicksilver shows up. I'm also growing MORE convinced this will be Vision's swansong. I actually believe the rumors that SWORD will be in possession of his body and that they will try to rebuild him (only he won't have any emotions and memories of the Infinity Saga). Then Wanda will perform some magical shenanigans to give him a personality again. But I don't think she will be able to sustain this when WandaVision is over. And I don't believe SWORD will try to rebuild Vision AGAIN after the series concludes. That would be repetitive.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 10-23-2020 at 06:32 PM.

Yeah, Thor: Ragnarok was funny, but it really lacked the emotional punch it should have. I love the lighter and more fun tones of the MCU but there does need to be a balance
    I agree with you there. There definitely should have been more emotion in Thor: Ragnarok, but it didn't really come off unfortunately. Maybe Love and Thunder will do better.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    They might delay it, but it's a weekly show, so they could be doing last-minute filming on the episodes to come in January.

All they would have to do to fulfil their promise of releasing it in 2020 would be to drop the first episode on Christmas Day.
    Oh, I absolutely agree with what you're saying here and it would make total sense if Disney does what you are thinking. I'm just noting that they're REALLY cutting it close if they're trying to get on WandaVision on air before 2021 arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    With phase 3 done we’re pretty much past daddy issues for the heroes already onscreen with a few exceptions:

Possibly Peter with uncle Ben, since the MCU hasn’t addressed it yet.

Ant-Man: Scott dealing with Cassie being a hero. Final Hank/Hope issues get resolved.

Thunderbolt Ross: Will there be a Ross and Betty scene?

Still ahead:

Moon Knight and his rabbi father. She-Hulk and her sheriff father (fewer issues here). Kamala Khan and her stern parents. Hawkeye and her rich a-hole dad.
    Oh, I totally forgot about Ross and Betty! Good catch. I wouldn't mind seeing that father-daughter dynamic because it DOES play a HUGE role in many Hulk stories. Thank you for sharing with me future father-son-daughter conflicts that could arise in Phase 4. I just think the daddy issue stuff is a bit redundant and overplayed in the MCU. I actually wouldn't mind seeing a strong MATERNAL influence on the characters to be quite honest. But I'm not familiar enough with Marvel Comics to know if that happens a lot in the books. Again, thanks for the heads-up dude.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Artist Artgem posted this on his Twitter account, he's exicted for WandaVision so he made this

https://mobile.twitter.com/Artgerm/s...94198041423874

Absolutely beautiful! Though I wish artists would draw her other costumes more.

Extraordinary Member

And not even really say it either. We don't know if they just wanted to keep hinting at mutants or give a reason why the Hydra experiments worked on them and not others. Genetic anomaly could be anything. Wanda was also a nexus being, which drew Chthon's attention. And seeing as the universe couldn't use mutants for a long time, they probably planned something other than mutants. If they make them mutants, then it'll be something for Pietro. But Wanda takes the L. Because they likely won't go into the Chtonic lore. Which is her more interesting powers. It's funny to me that MCU fans want her to go HoM, but it wasn't her mutant abilities that allowed her to tap into those types of powers. She was never a reality warper with her mutant abilities.
    Unless we count Bendis's lame explanation during AD, Chaos Magic doesn't exists! It's just her mutant power!

Ultimate Member

Oh, I totally forgot about Ross and Betty! Good catch. I wouldn't mind seeing that father-daughter dynamic because it DOES play a HUGE role in many Hulk stories.
    It's kind of weird how the General Ross / Betsy thing has lain fallow so long that when people think of a super-hero girlfriend and her General dad who hates the hero, they think of Lois and General Lane these days.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing a strong MATERNAL influence on the characters to be quite honest.
    That would indeed be neat. Just sidestep entirely the Magneto-dad can of worms and have a character more defined by their connection to their mother.

In the comics, it would be neat if Magda (or whoever Wanda's mom was, this week), turned out to be someone with some secret significance. (In WW2, a 'witch' helped the allies stop Thule cultists from tapping into (and inadvertently releasing, in their ignorance) the power of the bound demon-god Chthon under Wundagore Mountain. Decades later, her (great?) grand-daughter is an Avenger!)
    Last edited by Sutekh; 10-23-2020 at 10:14 PM.

It's clearly done to have the door open to make them mutants if they wanted to, or Inhumans or even Eternals, whatever was going to be the in-thing in the MCU. It could also be just an Easter egg.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Absolutely beautiful! Though I wish artists would draw her other costumes more.
    I agree, while the Swimsuit is iconic, it isn't her best and it would be nice for some of her other outfits to get some love

Too serious in my opinion! I think it's time for a change to a more goofy Wanda. I'm looking forward to it in WandaVision. I actually like how the MCU has turned more somber characters like Dr. Strange, Thor and Star-Lord into loveable goofballs. I want to see them do it to Wanda and Vision. I actually liked Pietro more in his earlier appearances. He was protective of Wanda, but not really a dick. But for some reason he turned into one later on and I think that definitely hurts the character's popularity. I enjoyed Whedon's take on Quicksilver because he was funny and pretty chill most of the time. If he comes back that would be great. I'm not sure if it will happen, but I think it COULD. The show's done a really great job of hiding who Wiccan and Speed will be, and I'm sure they'll get more airtime than Pietro if Quicksilver shows up. I'm also growing MORE convinced this will be Vision's swansong. I actually believe the rumors that SWORD will be in possession of his body and that they will try to rebuild him (only he won't have any emotions and memories of the Infinity Saga). Then Wanda will perform some magical shenanigans to give him a personality again. But I don't think she will be able to sustain this when WandaVision is over. And I don't believe SWORD will try to rebuild Vision AGAIN after the series concludes. That would be repetitive.
    No it's not time to change Wanda's personality. It's completely ok for characters to have different personalities and not everyone needs to be snarky or humorous. I don't like the everyone is snarky thing in the MCU. When everyone has the same personality, it becomes boring. I much prefer to see different personalities together to see how they interact. Pietro turned into a jerk right before he disappeared and ended up with Crystal. PAD helped reform the character quite a bit many moons ago.

We don't know yet if these twins in the show are Wiccan and Speed or if they are doing like comics did. Where these children aren't really there but their spirits are transplanted into Wiccan and Speed. I think it is reasonable to assume they will be there eventually though, because everything seems to be building up to YA.

SWORD doesn't have to be the one to build Vision if it comes to that again. The MCU has scientists as well. And still has Bruce, Shuri and Hank.

It's clearly done to have the door open to make them mutants if they wanted to, or Inhumans or even Eternals, whatever was going to be the in-thing in the MCU. It could also be just an Easter egg.
    It likely is one of those just in case writers want to do this thing and we get the rights back. But as per usual, not gonna assume that's what it is, because for Wanda especially her genetic anomaly was also her nexus being status. And with Olsen having mentioned that out of the blue before, it could be the intention. It's just hard to know with her, because her powers have been redone so much. I don't think they ever intended on the Inhumans thing, as that was never even hinted and was pure fan speculation. Eternals I think will be the movie that shows the source of the x-gene. Whether that is linked to Wanda will remain to be seen until the time they actually go into something like that, if they do. Things change so often though, that it might not even be on the table anymore.