Page 146 of 271 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 4051
    Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Who was the last writer that you felt actually liked Wanda and/or did her justice?
    In recent times:

Jim Zub, from the last issues of “Uncanny Avengers” over both “Avengers: No …” short runs (in the later he wasn’t the only writer, though)

Dennis Hopeless in Jean Grey #7

And, to me rather surprisingly, Kelly Thompson in her “Star”-mini.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    In recent times:

Jim Zub, from the last issues of “Uncanny Avengers” over both “Avengers: No …” short runs (in the later he wasn’t the only writer, though)

Dennis Hopeless in Jean Grey #7

And, to me rather surprisingly, Kelly Thompson in her “Star”-mini.
    Their was also James Robinson’s solo Scarlet Witch Run back in 2015.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Their was also James Robinson’s solo Scarlet Witch Run back in 2015.
    Sure, sure, with recent times I meant post “Secret Empire”, but that’s an arbitrary definition of mine

It’s just for me there I started reading Marvel comics specifically for Wanda, and was waiting weeks until a new issue comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    Sure, sure, with recent times I meant post “Secret Empire”, but that’s an arbitrary definition of mine

It’s just for me there I started reading Marvel comics specifically for Wanda, and was waiting weeks until a new issue comes out.
    No worries, I was just adding to your already Amazing choices Probability010!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    I bet good money Wanda is only in a handful of pages, and barely speaks, maybe even just those two in the preview.
    I’d bet on exactly the same! I intended to write a tiny bit about Hickman with regards to Wanda today, yet with the preview that’s obsolete now, as he went already below the bad expectations I have for him.

Even someone who thinks that Wanda is the most horrible person ever, has to admit that it makes zero sense that Doctor Strange doesn’t do anything about the Zombies, not even inform anybody. Yet Doctor Strange is tied to the Avengers, nowadays even more so, for an X-Men writer that seems reason enough to trash his character as well, given the chance.

Extraordinary Member

Yes, I'll say that while Wanda's role in the two "No..." weekly Avengers series is not large (except for one issue in "No Road Home" where she meets Conan the Barbarian) she's well written in both of them and she gets to be a regular Avenger doing regular Avenger stuff, which she rarely gets to do since 2004. Usually when she turns up in a story it becomes all about something from her past, but Zub seemed to want to move her forward and it's too bad Marvel didn't buy his pitches to do more with her.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

They are determined to make Wanda as someone unable to take responsibility for herself as well as incompetent. They couldn’t even give her the dignity of staying to try to undo her mess, or warning anyone about it.

If this doesn’t lead to Wanda taking charge of her own story and redemption, then it would seem they need a complete overhaul of how she’s approached. The ableism and misogyny of the original story is corrupting every attempt by writers that lean into it instead of dismantling them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    They are determined to make Wanda as someone unable to take responsibility for herself as well as incompetent. They couldn’t even give her the dignity of staying to try to undo her mess, or warning anyone about it.

If this doesn’t lead to Wanda taking charge of her own story and redemption, then it would seem they need a complete overhaul of how she’s approached. The ableism and misogyny of the original story is corrupting every attempt by writers that lean into it instead of dismantling them.
    from the preview she seems to want to fix so she goes to strange, we dont exactly know what happens in betwen that and 1 month that passes

If this all takes place at the same time as main Empyre current wanda is in the middle of a jungle currently getting her ass handed to her by some buffer version of Jane from Tarzan I don't see her showing up to fix this mistake it wouldn't make sense.

Currently her body is incapacitated as well as Jericho, she was fighting in like a psychic form trying to free that woman from the Jungle.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    If this all takes place at the same time as main Empyre current wanda is in the middle of a jungle currently getting her ass handed to her by some buffer version of Jane from Tarzan I don't see her showing up to fix this mistake it wouldn't make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Currently her body is incapacitated as well as Jericho, she was fighting in like a psychic form trying to free that woman from the Jungle.
    I am pretty sure the events in the Main Empyre event happens some time like a month or so after this tie-in.

I don't get why they keep making Wanda seem so incompetent. When she had practiced magic enough to take on her own apprentice. It's like they have her trapped in this perception they have of her from her earlier career where her powers could backfire.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't get why they keep making Wanda seem so incompetent. When she had practiced magic enough to take on her own apprentice. It's like they have her trapped in this perception they have of her from her earlier career where her powers could backfire.
    Even if she was incompetent, i feel like it was not in character for her to do this resurrection thing, her character matured a lot to me, especially after all the things that happened to her, she should know the risks of using magic like this.

Especially since she's like 100% a magic user now (or when writers remember that she's a reality warper like Kelly Thompson did in the Start series)

I think we just have to acept that this is just a bad showing of her (all the characters have it but in Wanda's case is always extreme), she's in a side of Marvel where she's not welcome and of course she will be portrayed as an incompetent punching bag by the writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Even if she was incompetent, i feel like it was not in character for her to do this resurrection thing, her character matured a lot to me, especially after all the things that happened to her, she should know the risks of using magic like this.

Especially since she's like 100% a magic user now (or when writers remember that she's a reality warper like Kelly Thompson did in the Start series)
    Thing is she had that growth an maturity decades ago after she married Vision so none of the child-like and naive portrayals of her in more modern comics have made any sense.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.