Page 127 of 271 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 4051

Be A Disney Princess For A Day, And We'll Reveal If You're More Of A Scarlet Witch Or A Hermione Granger
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/hermione_ma...id=0#125233401

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Be A Disney Princess For A Day, And We'll Reveal If You're More Of A Scarlet Witch Or A Hermione Granger
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/hermione_ma...id=0#125233401
    I really like seeing little things like these both highlighting Wanda and the relationship Marvel has with Disney now. More important is when you click that link and you go down to the BuzzFeed comments their is allot of love for Wanda and desire to get her as their result is very high!

Honestly this should be a good reminder that Wanda is still in a MUCH better place now especially in the public and wider eye of many. So whatever trails our Wanda has to go threw she will has allot going for her, coming down the line and she will get threw her trails in the comics.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    All of those are way too dated and misogynist for anything now. I wouldn't want Vision to be like that, nor Disney+ to put that in their shows.

Some women. I think it's safer not to assume that all women are a hive mind.

Some of it has shades of things from India or South Asia but you have to realize that Romani have been in other parts of the world now for over 800 years. That's a pretty long time. There are Romani Goulash recipes.

I like comics Wanda when she's portrayed well. The problem is that comics have barely taken the time to do much with her in nearly two decades. That's on the writers more than the character. Love for a character should not be lost because modern writers have not treated her well. They just need to realize they've made mistakes with her that they wouldn't dare do to other female characters.
    Yeah, humor doesn't really work with ALL women. And for some reason, women in the MCU can't seem to take a joke much less make one. I understand ladies don't like dudes who act like manchildren, but these women should at least try to delude themselves into thinking that they can actually "change" them. I do think those "fathers" from those sitcoms are highly problematic for Disney audiences today. So it's probably best to leave them out. I do think Vision could act like Frasier or Niles Crane, however. That would be true to his character. I take back my comments about Wanda. I still love her. You're right about the writing though. She's been portrayed terribly for most of the past thirty years. It's like she's not really a hero, not really a villain, and not really even an anti-hero. Marvel just writes her like she's an unstable, hysterical woman who does dumb **** every now and then. I'm actually really surprised that there hasn't been an outcry among female readers in particular about the misogynistic ways writers have treated her. It's like they're okay with the threesomes, incest and being "engaged" to people while suffering from amnesia. Very surprising indeed in this day and age of female empowerment. And yes, I was hoping that Romani cuisine would include naan bread, but I guess it's not a staple of the Romani people anymore.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 07-23-2020 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Yeah, humor doesn't really work with ALL women. And for some reason, women in the MCU can't seem to take a joke much less make one. I understand ladies don't like dudes who act like manchildren, but these women should at least try to delude themselves into thinking that they can actually "change" them. I do think those "fathers" from those sitcoms are highly problematic for Disney audiences today. So it's probably best to leave them out. I do think Vision could act like Frasier or Niles Crane, however. That would be true to his character. I take back my comments about Wanda. I still love her. You're right about the writing though. She's been portrayed terribly for most of the past thirty years. It's like she's not really a hero, not really a villain, and not really even an anti-hero. Marvel just writes her like she's an unstable, hysterical woman who does dumb **** every now and then. I'm actually really surprised that there hasn't been an outcry among female readers in particular about the misogynistic ways writers have treated her. It's like they're okay with the threesomes, incest and being "engaged" to people while suffering from amnesia. Very surprising indeed in this day and age of female empowerment. And yes, I was hoping that Romani cuisine would include naan bread, but I guess it's not a staple of the Romani people anymore.
    I think those relationships platonic or not where someone tries to change someone else are too cliche though. I know that happens in real life too, but it's futile and useless. People in general are who they are.

I wouldn't say thirty years because the Byrne stuff did not stick the way the AD/HoM stuff has. And they pretty much retconned it and got rid of it right away until Bendis brought it up again in a low effort way. Wanda had great moments after that, especially being Deputy Leader of the Avengers and was featured pretty consistently.

I don't know if Naan is still eaten. Most of what I know comes from my family's history and people that I know. Bread is very much a staple though.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

It's not like i care much since i believe what the writers made Wanda do in Genosha was PIS

But can someone tell me if when Selene ressurrected the habitants of Genosha they were depowered or had their mutant powers intact?

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    It's not like i care much since i believe what the writers made Wanda do in Genosha was PIS

But can someone tell me if when Selene ressurrected the habitants of Genosha they were depowered or had their mutant powers intact?
    Hey Cruelrain , Indeed that is the 64 million dollar question.

Since Hickman is allot by his writing style about the long story I tend to say it is to early to tell. Like said in the past, he has been nipping at this in his X-Men series, so he better be cashing those plot points in finally and addressing them. Wanda and Avengers fans did not ask for this to be a story element anymore, we moved on and where at least to some degrees at peace with it all.

But this has be a rough point in the X-Community and this story here has been getting buzz about, with somewhat more positives then I thought I see. So Hickman better be bringing this home to get to a resolve that will please both sides well.

If not, if this is PIS or more that leaves much to be desire, then he will lose allot of respect IMO, both greatly in Wanda Fandom and I am certain in other fandoms as well and it is now all on him to deliver.

My hopes is with his skills he will, but caution to that as well.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post

Apparently the mutants that came back during Necrosha were somehow depowered, which made no sense
    Last edited by leokearon; 07-24-2020 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post

Since Hickman is allot by his writing style about the long story I tend to say it is to early to tell. Like said in the past, he has been nipping at this in his X-Men series, so he better be cashing those plot points in finally and addressing them. Wanda and Avengers fans did not ask for this to be a story element anymore, we moved on and where at least to some degrees at peace with it all.

But this has be a rough point in the X-Community and this story here has been getting buzz about, with somewhat more positives then I thought I see. So Hickman better be bringing this home to get to a resolve that will please both sides well.

If not, if this is PIS or more that leaves much to be desire, then he will lose allot of respect IMO, both greatly in Wanda Fandom and I am certain in other fandoms as well and it is now all on him to deliver.

As I said before, I really hope this draws a line under M-Day once and for all, perferable in favour of both Wanda and Mutantkind

I think those relationships platonic or not where someone tries to change someone else are too cliche though. I know that happens in real life too, but it's futile and useless. People in general are who they are.

I wouldn't say thirty years because the Byrne stuff did not stick the way the AD/HoM stuff has. And they pretty much retconned it and got rid of it right away until Bendis brought it up again in a low effort way. Wanda had great moments after that, especially being Deputy Leader of the Avengers and was featured pretty consistently.

I don't know if Naan is still eaten. Most of what I know comes from my family's history and people that I know. Bread is very much a staple though.
    Yeah, most people never change. Sometimes that's a good thing, often times it's bad. And you're right, Wanda did have some good times in the 90s. I'm just saying, I don't think she was as happy as she was in the 70s and 80s. I just got the sense she was absolutely heartbroken over the destruction of her family and it haunted her for a long time. I think Naan is more Indian/Persian in origin, but I guess it didn't make its way to Europe. Which is too bad. It's pretty tasty.

And I just wanna say don't be too harsh on Captain America: Civil War. It wasn't a perfect movie by any means, but it had some really funny moments. I liked it a lot when the Avengers just hung out at their headquarters and debated the Sokovia Accords. The dialogue was pretty good there. I particularly liked it when Stark was giving his big "the world's in danger" speech, he HAD to complain about somebody putting coffee grounds in the drain. There has been some considerable debate online who was actually responsible for doing that, and it was later confirmed by the Russo Brothers that Vision was the guilty party. I found that to be amusing because that was right after Vision gave his "I have an equation" spiel defending the Sokovia Accords. He just wouldn't own up to it. Why would he be dumping coffee grounds in the sink if he doesn't drink anything?! And why the hell is he spending so much time in the kitchen while Wanda and other Avengers are going to Lagos to fight the bad guys?! Comic book writers and artists wouldn't go into that kind of fun detail. So, I liked Captain America: Civil War a lot. Not because of the action narrative primarily, but because of the superheroes' personalities clashing. I also find it funny that you objected when the MCU turned Baron Strucker, Ultron and the Mandarin into literal comedians, but you're totally onboard with Vision pursuing his love of art and culture in the movies.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 07-24-2020 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Apparently the mutants that came back during Necrosha were somehow depowered, which made no sense
    Interesting, i read that 15M of the mutants Selene resurrected were depowered during Necrosha because of the M-day (even thought they were dead),

Currently after what Wanda did on genosha, we know that the zombie who talks with the Cotati still having his mutant powers, let's see if all of them got their mutant powers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post

to me I saw it as a clear paralell to what exodus said about her and counters all of the things exodus says, it shows her prespective at the start wich for me implies she isnt meant to be seen as the villain even if the spell went awire

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Yeah, most people never change. Sometimes that's a good thing, often times it's bad. And you're right, Wanda did have some good times in the 90s. I'm just saying, I don't think she was as happy as she was in the 70s and 80s. I just got the sense she was absolutely heartbroken over the destruction of her family and it haunted her for a long time. I think Naan is more Indian/Persian in origin, but I guess it didn't make its way to Europe. Which is too bad. It's pretty tasty.

And I just wanna say don't be too harsh on Captain America: Civil War. It wasn't a perfect movie by any means, but it had some really funny moments. I liked it a lot when the Avengers just hung out at their headquarters and debated the Sokovia Accords. The dialogue was pretty good there. I particularly liked it when Stark was giving his big "the world's in danger" speech, he HAD to complain about somebody putting coffee grounds in the drain. There has been some considerable debate online who was actually responsible for doing that, and it was later confirmed by the Russo Brothers that Vision was the guilty party. I found that to be amusing because that was right after Vision gave his "I have an equation" spiel defending the Sokovia Accords. He just wouldn't own up to it. Why would he be dumping coffee grounds in the sink if he doesn't drink anything?! And why the hell is he spending so much time in the kitchen while Wanda and other Avengers are going to Lagos to fight the bad guys?! Comic book writers and artists wouldn't go into that kind of fun detail. So, I liked Captain America: Civil War a lot. Not because of the action narrative primarily, but because of the superheroes' personalities clashing.
    Wanda worked through the loss of her family. Which made Bendis going right back to it like she didn't have that growth 14 years before ever so confusing.

Civil War will still feel like it was two movies to me. And not for the small parts but the overall feel of the movie. Going from the stuff about the accords to suddenly being about Bucky. Which was what Captain America was supposed to be about before they changed it suddenly to CW.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Avengers #37 Where Avengers Dwell Horror Variant Cover by Javier Rodriguez

Wanda worked through the loss of her family. Which made Bendis going right back to it like she didn't have that growth 14 years before ever so confusing.

Civil War will still feel like it was two movies to me. And not for the small parts but the overall feel of the movie. Going from the stuff about the accords to suddenly being about Bucky. Which was what Captain America was supposed to be about before they changed it suddenly to CW.
    Yeah, Civil War kind of started out like an Avengers movie, but then went back to being a Cap film. But I thought it was interesting. And I'm glad it didn't make Iron Man look like a dick. Which I heard people were afraid of. I consider it the first movie in which Wanda lost her "accent". I do think it's ridiculous that in the MCU people from Eastern Europe lose their accents within a few years of moving to America. That's annoying and unrealistic. Wanda dealt with her trauma pretty well in the 90s, I just didn't think Marvel would revisit that story once more. I'm actually surprised they made her suffer from amnesia AGAIN later on.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 07-24-2020 at 06:00 PM.

WandaVision is to be loosely based on John Byrne's "Vision Quest":

https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/wa...-vision-quest/