Page 99 of 143 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2133
  1. #1471
    Incredible Member Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Don't know what's going on currently in the comics, but I just want to say I'm thrilled that Wanda is not part of that "family" anymore. Ironically, I was totally opposed to the idea of that retcon when I first heard about it a few months ago, but now I'm totally behind it. In fact, I'm so delighted by the current situation, I'd rather have Wanda leave the MCU EARLY than have ANY chance of Marvel Studios making her part of that family again later on. That's how strongly I feel about the issue. I want Wanda to be remember fighting Ultron and Thanos, having a family with Vision, and being a true blue Avenger. All that mutant stuff bores me to tears.
    It was the same with me, but then i read all the problematic thigs that happened in that "relationship".

    I agree, if she was still a mutant or whatever, they would still hate her and it's not like she was kicking butt with them or being in the same teambooks, they only worked in bigs events like the Onslaught saga.

  2. #1472
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,610

    Default

    I didn't have a problem with Simon being with Wanda in the 1998 run, since I think the Avengers needed a big juicy triangle like that and it was always pretty clear that Simon was not the "real Vision" or whatever. I also liked Simon's role in "Children's Crusade" as the only Avenger who would actually defend Wanda and call the rest of the team out for the way they'd been treating her after Avengers Disassembled (yes, I know the reason they abandoned her is "bad writing" but you still want to see a character call them out, just like X-Men fans enjoy seeing Wanda get called out for what she did).

    But Uncanny Avengers seemed like it was written by someone who read the first year of the 1998 run and then read Children's Crusade and never read anything that came after. It made absolutely no sense for Wanda and Simon to act like they were each other's true lovers. They had never been portrayed that way at any point; even her bringing him back was just based on the idea that she loved him, not that she loved him more than Vision.

    Remender was the inker for the last part of that Avengers run, but he and the penciler didn't do the issue where Wanda and Simon decide they're not really in love and that Wanda's true love is still Vision. It makes you wonder, if he had worked on that issue maybe he wouldn't have been so invested in the Wanda/Simon relationship? Who knows.

  3. #1473
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Simon was always there because he was like a creepy stalker until she gave into him. Then he treated her like crap, pushed her away, was at one point physically abusive. The dude has loads of issues. And I haven't liked him since he didn't give Vision back his personality and memories at first because he wanted to be with Wanda. He added to Vision's suffering. And while Vision wasn't perfect by a long shot. He never tried to punch at Wanda to get her to stay away from him.
    OMG, I didn't know all of this. When did he physically abuse Wanda? I've only read his appearances since Heroic Age onwards.

  4. #1474
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Oh wow! This is crazy. I had no idea things have become so distorted in the Marvel Universe. So Cyclops and Scarlet Witch are kind of "bad", but Magneto and Doctor Doom are kind of good now? Weird! I think Marvel should keep mixing things up. Famous actors and actresses can join the MCU, but not so famous ones should have a role too.
    Wanda has never been bad except to the X-Men who frankly come across as the bad guys in most of their appearances now. I said this in the Sue Storm thread, but they want the FF to be put on trial for attacking Magneto, a head of state, even though the X-Men ABDUCTED Franklin Richards. That goes to show what the X-Men and their fans are like now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Don't know what's going on currently in the comics, but I just want to say I'm thrilled that Wanda is not part of that "family" anymore. Ironically, I was totally opposed to the idea of that retcon when I first heard about it a few months ago, but now I'm totally behind it. In fact, I'm so delighted by the current situation, I'd rather have Wanda leave the MCU EARLY than have ANY chance of Marvel Studios making her part of that family again later on. That's how strongly I feel about the issue. I want Wanda to be remember fighting Ultron and Thanos, having a family with Vision, and being a true blue Avenger. All that mutant stuff bores me to tears.
    This is why the retcon doesn't bother me at all. I do wish Wanda was still a mutant because that was a blatant retcon of her history since her very first appearance, unlike her Magneto parentage, but if it steers her far away from the X-Men, I guess it's worth the sacrifice.

  5. #1475
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Don't know what's going on currently in the comics, but I just want to say I'm thrilled that Wanda is not part of that "family" anymore. Ironically, I was totally opposed to the idea of that retcon when I first heard about it a few months ago, but now I'm totally behind it. In fact, I'm so delighted by the current situation, I'd rather have Wanda leave the MCU EARLY than have ANY chance of Marvel Studios making her part of that family again later on. That's how strongly I feel about the issue. I want Wanda to be remember fighting Ultron and Thanos, having a family with Vision, and being a true blue Avenger. All that mutant stuff bores me to tears.
    See, I've pretty much only read Simon from his Uncanny Avengers appearances so that's why I bought into the whole idea as Simon and Wanda as each other's true loves because I've never seen another version of them. And Vision has been AWOL when it comes to Wanda for decades now even with Tom King's Vision series hinting they still hadn't gotten over each other.

  6. #1476
    Incredible Member Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    564

    Default

    When i made the Scarlet Witch Respect Thread, i read a lot of older comics with Wanda, and i liked this moment even tho Simon can be a jerk.

    From Avengers 1998
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #1477
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    When i made the Scarlet Witch Respect Thread, i read a lot of older comics with Wanda, and i liked this moment even tho Simon can be a jerk.

    From Avengers 1998
    That does seem like a sweet moment. Which makes me wonder even more what this issue is where he physically assaulted her.

  8. #1478
    Fantastic Member Micabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    348

    Default

    Now that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver have been reclassified as being non-mutants I wonder what you guys/gals make of this...
    Last edited by Micabe; 06-19-2020 at 04:42 PM.

  9. #1479
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I didn't have a problem with Simon being with Wanda in the 1998 run, since I think the Avengers needed a big juicy triangle like that and it was always pretty clear that Simon was not the "real Vision" or whatever. I also liked Simon's role in "Children's Crusade" as the only Avenger who would actually defend Wanda and call the rest of the team out for the way they'd been treating her after Avengers Disassembled (yes, I know the reason they abandoned her is "bad writing" but you still want to see a character call them out, just like X-Men fans enjoy seeing Wanda get called out for what she did).

    But Uncanny Avengers seemed like it was written by someone who read the first year of the 1998 run and then read Children's Crusade and never read anything that came after. It made absolutely no sense for Wanda and Simon to act like they were each other's true lovers. They had never been portrayed that way at any point; even her bringing him back was just based on the idea that she loved him, not that she loved him more than Vision.

    Remender was the inker for the last part of that Avengers run, but he and the penciler didn't do the issue where Wanda and Simon decide they're not really in love and that Wanda's true love is still Vision. It makes you wonder, if he had worked on that issue maybe he wouldn't have been so invested in the Wanda/Simon relationship? Who knows.
    I guess I'm biased. I hate love triangles in general. They're so soap operaish and boring. I'm usually the first one to say, can we fucking move on please? Just make your minds! This whole I love you, you love me, and we don't love each other anymore but the spark is still there stuff just annoys me. And basically nothing came out of the whole Wanda/Simon thing in my opinion. If the relationship was more popular, you'd see Simon and Wanda in the MCU, not Vision and the Scarlet Witch.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-19-2020 at 05:03 PM.

  10. #1480
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Since this was brought up, i wonder what Magneto thinks about his fellow mutant allies threatening his ex daughter like satan.

    I know most of y'all (me included) are happy with them not being related anymore but i'm talking about in Universe.
    They will probably just write him as conveniently not caring about it, much like he is conveniently not caring about the fact that there's a literal nazi on Krakoa's Council. Hickman's run is great, but you have to kind of give up character consistency to enjoy it, because some characters just WILL act OOC.

    Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Now that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver have been reclassified as being non-mutants I wonder what you guys/gals make of this...
    If you're asking about how they were detected by Cerebro if they were not mutants all along, I guess the Uncanny Avengers retcon kind of had an explanation for that. Since the High Evolutionary said that he ''disguised'' them as mutants, my personal interpretation is that he created an artificial X-gene for them so people wouldn't know the true source of their mutated powers. Maybe that X-gene was so convincing that it would actually be read as a real X-gene during DNA tests and Cerebro screenings.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 06-19-2020 at 05:15 PM.

  11. #1481
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    It was the same with me, but then i read all the problematic thigs that happened in that "relationship".

    I agree, if she was still a mutant or whatever, they would still hate her and it's not like she was kicking butt with them or being in the same teambooks, they only worked in bigs events like the Onslaught saga.
    Totally understand your point of view. I used to think that "relationship" had the potential to have some interesting drama between Mags and Wanda. Like a daughter trying to help her father mend the errors of his ways and assist him in redeeming himself. But the more I looked at it, the connection actually sort of "corrupted" Wanda more often than not. And I just felt any potential benefit of them being family was outweighed by the bad.

    You're right about the mutant stuff too. It's not like she was deeply involved with mutant politics either. She was a mutant that was part of another team. But others still claimed her as an X-Person. It's kind of like a Chinese person born and raised in the United States being claimed by China to be a Chinese citizen because of their ethnic origin. Ridiculous! I think the only thing Wanda has left to do in the MCU is to reach her full "magical" potential. Perhaps become a Sorceress Supreme. After that she can call it a day and ride off into that sunset. And when I mentioned mutants earlier, I meant that there hasn't been a week that has passed by since WandaVision was announced that some online article is published talking about how the show will bring in mutants. I mean, for crying out loud they're coming down the pipeline! Give Wanda and Vision some time for themselves while they still have some in the MCU.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-20-2020 at 09:38 PM.

  12. #1482
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Wanda has never been bad except to the X-Men who frankly come across as the bad guys in most of their appearances now. I said this in the Sue Storm thread, but they want the FF to be put on trial for attacking Magneto, a head of state, even though the X-Men ABDUCTED Franklin Richards. That goes to show what the X-Men and their fans are like now.


    This is why the retcon doesn't bother me at all. I do wish Wanda was still a mutant because that was a blatant retcon of her history since her very first appearance, unlike her Magneto parentage, but if it steers her far away from the X-Men, I guess it's worth the sacrifice.
    I kind of agree with you on the mutant thing. That's been part of their origins from the get-go, so I understand why readers are upset about that. But since the X-Men are living a disgraceful and disgusting lifestyle on that Lord of the Flies island of theirs, I'm glad Wanda's staying the hell away from that moral degeneracy by not being a mutant. And the X-fans hate the Fantastic Four NOW? This is reaching new heights of insanity!
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-19-2020 at 05:05 PM.

  13. #1483
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    See, I've pretty much only read Simon from his Uncanny Avengers appearances so that's why I bought into the whole idea as Simon and Wanda as each other's true loves because I've never seen another version of them. And Vision has been AWOL when it comes to Wanda for decades now even with Tom King's Vision series hinting they still hadn't gotten over each other.
    I remember reading that old Scarlet Witch and Vision mini-series published in the 1980s. They were really lovey-dovey then. Lots of making out going on there. I actually prefer the WandaVision approach of using massive doses of humor in their relationship. It makes things more fun and relaxed. Even characters like Wanda and Vision don't need to take themselves so seriously all the time, you know? Look, I know posters here don't always like the quipping that takes place in MCU productions, but I think the general public does. So I fully support Wanda and Vision doing something a little different than what they normally would do in the comic books. This could be like their Thor: Ragnarok. And I haven't read the Uncanny Avengers, so I don't know how Simon and Wanda interacted there. I've also heard that the King book did show that Wanda and Vision still cared about each other a lot. I think that's why this series will be so successful. The source material for both of these heroes is so rich. And it's very different and unique from the other characters in the MCU.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-19-2020 at 05:21 PM.

  14. #1484
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Now that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver have been reclassified as being non-mutants I wonder what you guys/gals make of this...
    I think I have a perfectly reasonable way of dealing with this most vexing of issues and it involves only one word: Maury.

  15. #1485
    Fantastic Member Micabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    They will probably just write him as conveniently not caring about it, much like he is conveniently not caring about the fact that there's a literal nazi on Krakoa's Council. Hickman's run is great, but you have to kind of give up character consistency to enjoy it, because some characters just WILL act OOC.



    If you're asking about how they were detected by Cerebro if they were not mutants all along, I guess the Uncanny Avengers retcon kind of had an explanation for that. Since the High Evolutionary said that he ''disguised'' them as mutants, my personal interpretation is that he created an artificial X-gene for them so people wouldn't know the true source of their mutated powers. Maybe that X-gene was so convincing that it would actually be read as a real X-gene during DNA tests and Cerebro screenings.
    Then the process can be duplicated... X-Genes for everyone who wants it!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •