Page 112 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2133
  1. #1666

    Default

    I hope they can, I know some areas are experiencing a new peak of cases, but not all are yet.
    Was Curlytop

  2. #1667
    Incredible Member Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    564

    Default

    A new cast listing for #WandaVision has confirmed that there will be an action scene involving a group of witches in the series

    https://thedirect.com/article/new-wa...mpression=true

  3. #1668
    Incredible Member Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    564

    Default

    I hope Wanda has a magical a battle with some witch and ins't only a flashback of Agatha's past

  4. #1669
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,562

    Default

    Star 5 is now available for digital download. Wanda is in it.

  5. #1670
    Incredible Member Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    564

    Default

    At least Carol and Wanda interacted a lot in this

  6. #1671
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I hope they can, I know some areas are experiencing a new peak of cases, but not all are yet.
    I hope they can too.

  7. #1672

    Default

    is Wanda a candidate for a Disney Princess? just wondering. heh.

  8. #1673
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    360

    Default

    You know, I've long been critical of how women in the MCU have been portrayed. But after reading an article titled Ethics in Character Development: The Asshole Manchild
    by Dorian Dawes, my opinion has become more nuanced. I love the MCU movies largely because the male characters in them are such loveable assholes. It makes them charming, relatable, flawed, human and above all FUNNY. I think a big part of the MCU's popularity is because the male superheroes in them are such dicks. However, I do think by going this route, it's REALLY damaging female characters in the MCU. The column states the following:

    "And this is a really really common trope. Quite often, the female character is actively shamed for being considered a stick-in-the-mud or a wet blanket for not seeing the male character’s positive qualities, despite her typically being more competent, empathetic, and mature. I’m wondering if maybe maybe this is a particularly toxic message that keeps getting dumped into our media landscape to be sending to women."

    I'm a total hypocrite about this matter. I love it when the superdudes of the MCU can let their ids run rampant and are allowed to be totally "insensitive to other’s needs and selfishly put their own wants and impulses over all else." Because a lot of dudes like me (and probably the male directors and writers at Marvel Studios) probably fantasize about how many immature antics they can get away with when it comes to their relationships with hot chicks. In "real life", a LOT of women just wouldn't tolerate this kind of thing. For me, it's only AFTER women in the MCU lower their standards and accept bad behavior on the parts of their love interests that I start liking them. I can definitely be accused of engaging in very chauvinistic thoughts. So I'm absolutely guilty of embracing this trope as well. I distinctly recall incidents in Ant-Man and in Infinity War when chicks were literally CRYING after talking about their troubled relationships with their fathers, and the heroes would respond with hilariously well-timed quips that would get huge laughs from me. Even in Thor they made fun of Jane Foster's absence by quipping about "mutual dumpings". Again, I liked this as well. Male characters in the MCU seem entitled to emotional sympathy, while women aren't afforded the same courtesy much of the time. Iron Man and Dr. Strange have been really harsh and thoughtless when it comes to treating their girlfriends/wives in previous movies. And they're more popular than ever. So I don't see how Marvel fixes this problem without damaging the popularity of their male characters.

    I think the Vision's and Wanda's relationship is totally different. Not a lot of joking around there. Much more respect, understanding and honesty between them. I think that's why I've seen a lot of FEMALES embrace that relationship more than a lot of dudes (who often ask why doesn't Vision DO anything except get beat up?). To be perfectly honest, I actually WANT Vision to adopt a quippy, boisterous Tony Stark-esque douchebag personality in WandaVision (like Dr. Strange, Thor, and Star Lord) because I PREFER that kind of personality. But if that happens, Wanda will HAVE to adopt a "maternal" figure personality that has to "take care" of him as well as being a love interest in WandaVision. As Dorian Dawes clearly stated, that's a truly unenviable task. And I can totally picture her being labelled a "party pooper" if that happens. I actually don't believe this will occur. Because Jac Schaeffer and Megan McDonnell probably aren't really into that kind of male-centered type of humor. So, I'm torn about this matter. I like it when male characters can get away with being charming jerks, but their love interests definitely suffer because of that too.

    Don't me get wrong. Humor is the biggest reason why I got into the MCU and keeps me engaged in it. But I DO understand if certain fans get annoyed when Korg makes a quip after Asgard is destroyed and that Quicksilver's last words in the MCU are also a quip as well (I found both to be hilarious in all honesty).
    Last edited by Albert1981; 07-02-2020 at 10:51 AM.

  9. #1674
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,294

    Default

    I kind of want the script to be flipped on this one, and for Wanda to be the one with a (sometimes dark) sense of humor, and Vision to be the 'maternal sensitive supportive one' who puts up with it. As you say, we've already had the woman being the one who soldiers on and tolerates the antics of the manchild (Pepper/Tony, Hope/Scott, Gamora/Peter, etc.), so while I don't want to see her be a manchild, I do want to see her be the more dynamic and outgoing of the two, and Vision the more centering / grounded of them.

    I wouldn't mind seeing some revisiting of Vision's actions in Civil War, where he attempts to hold Wanda 'in a safe place' against her will, and then feels the need to get the last word at the end of the battle at the airport, 'as I said, disaster,' which felt kind of like a 'take that' or kicking someone when they are down to me, insult to injury.

    At least some of that could be blamed on Tony, the paternalistic idea that Wanda needs to be kept out of sight for her own good, which she might have agreed to, if *someone had ****ing talked to her about it first.*

    Tony-as-manchild (and Pepper putting up with it, and that being retread with Peter Quill and Gamora, practically beat for beat, and even Scott and Hope) has been annoying. One line in particular, in Civil War, has Tony explaining to Cap that he promised Pepper he'd leave Iron Man behind, but then this and that and 'because *I don't want to stop.* I was hoping the Accords could split the difference.'

    He *supported the Accords and put his 'friends' in jail because he couldn't trust himself to keep a promise to Pepper.* Good grief.

  10. #1675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    is Wanda a candidate for a Disney Princess? just wondering. heh.
    Not really. She wasn't royalty and there is no royalty in Romani groups. The only thing close was House of M and that was alt universe and very much a destruction of the character. And she's been retconned out of being Mags' kid for about 6 years now. So it's not even relevant.

    Someone like Crystal fits that better.
    Was Curlytop

  11. #1676
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I kind of want the script to be flipped on this one, and for Wanda to be the one with a (sometimes dark) sense of humor, and Vision to be the 'maternal sensitive supportive one' who puts up with it. As you say, we've already had the woman being the one who soldiers on and tolerates the antics of the manchild (Pepper/Tony, Hope/Scott, Gamora/Peter, etc.), so while I don't want to see her be a manchild, I do want to see her be the more dynamic and outgoing of the two, and Vision the more centering / grounded of them.

    I wouldn't mind seeing some revisiting of Vision's actions in Civil War, where he attempts to hold Wanda 'in a safe place' against her will, and then feels the need to get the last word at the end of the battle at the airport, 'as I said, disaster,' which felt kind of like a 'take that' or kicking someone when they are down to me, insult to injury.

    At least some of that could be blamed on Tony, the paternalistic idea that Wanda needs to be kept out of sight for her own good, which she might have agreed to, if *someone had ****ing talked to her about it first.*

    Tony-as-manchild (and Pepper putting up with it, and that being retread with Peter Quill and Gamora, practically beat for beat, and even Scott and Hope) has been annoying. One line in particular, in Civil War, has Tony explaining to Cap that he promised Pepper he'd leave Iron Man behind, but then this and that and 'because *I don't want to stop.* I was hoping the Accords could split the difference.'

    He *supported the Accords and put his 'friends' in jail because he couldn't trust himself to keep a promise to Pepper.* Good grief.
    Yeah, a role reversal would absolutely be in order. I would be delighted to see that happen. I'm actually kind of thinking it will. I do like it when Starlord, Strange, Thor, Ant-Man and Iron Man make really immature remarks to the viewers, because I connect and relate to them more that way. It's just not "heroic" behavior and it defies conventional wisdom on how we think heroes should behave. So I enjoy that aspect of the movies. But as the article I read stated, the only way their female love interests get any love and respect from audiences is when they start to find the terrible abusive behavior endearing. If they call their dudes out on it, they get labelled as "bitches" more often than not. But in almost every MCU movie, the female love interests eventually give in and pretty much say "Aww, I can't stay mad at you. You can continue to treat me bad because I love you so much." I'm looking forward to seeing how Strange treats Clea in his next movie. I think his man child ways will resurface. But judging by the massive success of the MCU films, maybe a lot of WOMEN viewers think it is amusing to have female characters' traumas literally joked about as the piece I read stated. Although I find this hard to believe. I hardly see any women complaining about female portrayal in the MCU. I can only conclude that female audience members secretly want to date and marry manchildren as well.

    Yeah, a revisiting of Vision's actions during Civil War would be interesting. He was totally Stark's "slave" there as Ultron stated previously. I was surprised at how willing and eager he was willing to support Team Stark despite his growing affection for Wanda. To be fair, Wanda and Vision did apologize to each other at the airport. So maybe he wasn't rubbing it in too much there. And Team Stark's whole reaction to the Sokovia Accords was just weird. It sort of felt forced and out of character how War Machine, Black Panther, Black Widow, Spider-Man, Vision and Iron Man sided with the U.S. government so enthusiastically.

    I think Wanda should definitely should wear the pants in the family during the show. Especially on how to raise the kids. I can picture her being way more strict and him being an absolute marshmallow when it comes to discipline. I also think her practicing her magic skills on him could lead to some really amusing results too. I highly doubt she will be a female equivalent of a man child because it would be really out of character for her, but I think she will be quite assertive. Vis's definitely gonna have to tolerate some abuse in this series, no question about it.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 07-02-2020 at 05:03 PM.

  12. #1677
    Incredible Member Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Star 5 is now available for digital download. Wanda is in it.
    I liked that Ebony Maw recognizes her as a reality warper.

  13. #1678
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,610

    Default

    I liked that Wanda was the goody-two-shoes who thought Star could be reformed. (Too many writers make her kind of haughty and self-righteous, even Robinson and Zub who both had her lecturing Pietro.) We didn't see much of the Wanda/Carol interaction but that's what I like about their friendship, Wanda is the Silver Age nicey-nice heroine and Carol is the hardened badass.

    More Wanda/Carol, please. Or at least they should meet again in less than another 8 years.

  14. #1679
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    360

    Default

    I'm actually starting to think leokearon, Sutekh and GenericUsername are onto something about Vision having "cells" and him therefore being able to put a bun in Wanda's oven. I think this idea CAN be explained with relative ease to audiences and I think viewers can accept this theory. I hope they go with it! It just makes me wonder, why didn't Wanda get pregnant earlier before Vision was killed in Infinity War?

    And can somebody explain to me what S.W.O.R.D. actually is? What's the likelihood of S.W.O.R.D. replacing S.H.I.E.L.D.? If S.W.O.R.D. is taking S.H.I.E.L.D.'s place, I don't think Nick Fury has much of a future in the MCU (and he's one of my favorite characters)! I'm asking this question because I'm too lazy to read through several Wikipedia pages. Any help would be most appreciated. Just the CliffsNotes version will be fine. Thanks!
    Last edited by Albert1981; 07-02-2020 at 09:10 PM.

  15. #1680
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I'm actually starting to think leokearon, Sutekh and GenericUsername are onto something about Vision having "cells" and him therefore being able to put a bun in Wanda's oven. I think this idea CAN be explained with relative ease to audiences and I think viewers can accept this theory. I hope they go with it! It just makes me wonder, why didn't Wanda get pregnant earlier before Vision was killed in Infinity War?

    And can somebody explain to me what S.W.O.R.D. actually is? What's the likelihood of S.W.O.R.D. replacing S.H.I.E.L.D.? If S.W.O.R.D. is taking S.H.I.E.L.D.'s place, I don't think Nick Fury has much of a future in the MCU (and he's one of my favorite characters)! I'm asking this question because I'm too lazy to read through several Wikipedia pages. Any help would be most appreciated. Just the CliffsNotes version will be fine. Thanks!
    My theory is that the sperm making code was dummied out by Ultron and no-one bothered to put it back in. Don't forget we have no idea if Wanda and Vision had sex before his death and even if they did, there is no guarantee that it would let to Wanda getting pregnant.

    S.W.O.R.D. (Sentient World Observation and Response Department) is a offshoot of SHIELD (though they now have a rivalry) which was created by Joss Whedon and John Cassaday in Astonishing X-Men. They basically are the space version of S.H.I.E.L.D, dealing with aliens and the like rather than threats like Hydra.
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •