Page 137 of 205 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 3072
  1. #2041
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I really want to see Raimi's vision of this movie, tbh i didn't like the first Dr Strange, but i guess it was because Strange showed his potential in other movies like Thor Ragnarok (even for a short scene) and Infinity war, i hope for the best for Wanda, with all the fan rumors of people wanting Wanda to go crazy or being a minion of the final villain, i hope Wanda helps Strange, just like Black Widow and Hulk did in the Captain America/Thor movies.
    Yeah, I don't really understand the whole villain thing. I always thought Wanda teaming up with Strange would be like previous team-ups we saw between Iron Man and War Machine and Ant-Man and the Wasp. I think the overwhelming majority of MCU fans not familiar with the comics feel the same way. I think Strange did get off to a bit of a rough start, but he's been improving and gaining more popularity as time went on. I remember Wanda struggled a bit (largely because of that accent), but she's doing fine now. Even Thor has become a fan favorite. So I think the MCU has done a great job evolving their characters. But I'm pretty sure Wanda won't go nuts in the Multiverse of Madness or be a lackey for some demons. I DO think she will go under significant stress in WandaVision though. But she'll be fine at the end of it.

  2. #2042
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    Just to be clear, that happened in an alternate Universe, It was called the Ultimate’s Universe. That whole Universe was insane, that was pretty much the point of it. That Universe’s version of Wanda is long dead, and the rest of that Universe is broken beyond repair (correlation?). Basically that Universe got thrown into the garbage bin it belonged to.

    Well, some did like it, but I don’t get it. Definitely not my cup of tea.
    Yeah, I heard about that! I wasn't into the comics at the time, but I've heard of the Ultimate stuff Marvel published. Interesting premise for another universe. I do think the story was damaging for Wanda and Pietro because I've heard it referenced quite a bit in many places, even though they were not part of the 616 Universe. I think Olsen and ATJ even knew about it and used it as a "reference" in Age of Ultron. Wow, the 2000s were really rough for the Maximoff family weren't they?

  3. #2043
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It'd be nice to see Amora somewhere. Since she was sort of an antagonist of Wanda's at one point. Morgan le Fey was in the Runaways but that's not in universe, so I wonder if they'd use her again in the MCU. I don't want them to do stereotypical insults though. :P Fighting over looks and stuff like that is very bad.

    We don't know what is going on in WandaVision. Or who or what Wanda is portraying. It's most likely given the synopsis that it's someone messing with Wanda and none of those are actually her playing a role but being sent through time or universes or something. They have not hinted at domestic goddess or anything. Just that it will be based on Vision and Vision and the Scarlet Witch. And we have the rumor that it might be based on Vision Quest. That will mean enough action to where domestic home life will not be the major focus. Probably getting rid of whatever or whomever is messing with them will become the priority.

    MCU has been pretty bad with most of their villains. So not sure what to expect. I don't think Agatha will be bad. I think insiders are just confused about the character. Because she wasn't morally just some of the time but had Wanda's interests at heart. There was someone that did a write up from a different perspective of Agatha's history, and it came across very manipulative. But I don't think that was ever Agatha's intent.

    I'd just like female characters to interact for more than just a few seconds. That'd be something different in the MCU. They already had the rivalry between Pepper and Widow, which came off very dated and terrible. Because having women fight over a guy is very cliche and terrible.
    You're probably right about the insults thing when it comes to female appearances. But writers just LOVE putting that stuff in television shows and movies when hot chicks are duking it out. I think the MCU has to let its villains actually LIVE a bit longer for them to be better. And to kill them off so quickly makes them seem to be less threatening in my view. I hope Marvel fixes this problem. I doubt Magneto and Doom will be "offed" in their first appearances though. I do think the domestic home life might play a bigger role than most people anticipate. That's why I asked posters on this thread earlier were there any OTHER characters besides Vision and Wanda who had mini-series' devoted to this subject and the answer was pretty much no. I don't know why Marvel loves connecting the family theme with Vision and Wanda so much. I do think Olsen and Bettany are really excited to explore that aspect of Vision's and Wanda's lives:

    https://www.tvguide.com/news/wandavi...spoilers-cast/

    https://www.imdb.com/video/vi1218494...&ref_=nm_ov_vi

    Women fighting over dudes is indeed cliche and terrible. But watch an episode of Maury and you will quickly realize it's surprisingly common in "real life".
    Last edited by Albert1981; 07-29-2020 at 09:22 PM.

  4. #2044

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    You're probably right about the insults thing when it comes to female appearances. But writers just LOVE putting that stuff in television show and movies when hot chicks are duking it out. I think the MCU has to let its villains actually LIVE a bit longer for them to be better. And to kill them off so quickly makes them seem to be less threatening in my view. I hope Marvel fixes this problem. I doubt Magneto and Doom will be "offed" in their first appearances though. I do think the domestic home life might play a bigger role than most people anticipate. That's why I asked posters on this thread earlier were there any OTHER characters besides Vision and Wanda who had mini-series' devoted to this subject and the answer was pretty much no. I don't know why Marvel loves connecting the family theme with Vision and Wanda so much. I do think Olsen and Bettany are really excited to explore that aspect of Vision's and Wanda's lives:

    https://www.tvguide.com/news/wandavi...spoilers-cast/

    https://www.imdb.com/video/vi1218494...&ref_=nm_ov_vi

    Women fighting over dudes is indeed cliche and terrible. But watch an episode of Maury and you will quickly realize it's surprisingly common in "real life".
    Yeah those writers of those shows are questionable at best. It's what's called TV tropes.

    I agree villains need to live longer and be better fleshed out. They spent a lot of time on Loki and Thanos and that was great. Hopefully more villains get that treatment.

    I think they are tackling Wanda and Vision in the movies and tv, because they were together for a long time before they split permanently. They'll likely do the same with Sue and Reed when they get around to that.

    Using Maury just provides proof that it shouldn't be done. Common does not make it acceptable nor good. I don't want that treatment for Wanda or for other female characters. Heroes nor villains. It's gross.
    Was Curlytop

  5. #2045
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Wait a Minute

    This is the main book

    Does this mean Wanda is safe and alive and not D word by some fodder zombies

    Well, I am just numb to this kind of stuff.
    Sure she can die in a "foreign" book and then appear in a story about her, and I wouldn't really care, since it's what X-books do for a while now.

  6. #2046
    Incredible Member Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    662

    Default

    but you would think Marvel would have some continuity in this Empyre event

    How you have an x-men team fighting the Cotati and then Wanda one month ago doing some stuff but also appearing in one tie-ing fighting the Cotati which is the current problem in the main earth, and now in this book (even if it was just a page), it showed that she's around helping i guess

  7. #2047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    but you would think Marvel would have some continuity in this Empyre event

    How you have an x-men team fighting the Cotati and then Wanda one month ago doing some stuff but also appearing in one tie-ing fighting the Cotati which is the current problem in the main earth, and now in this book (even if it was just a page), it showed that she's around helping i guess
    Events are always to push plot for action shots. They don't really care about making sense sometimes.
    Was Curlytop

  8. #2048
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    That's not a mutant thing specifically but just being a comics character. Spidey would be close to 70 if time moved like it does in real life.
    Sliding timescale does have some benefits
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  9. #2049
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Events are always to push plot for action shots. They don't really care about making sense sometimes.
    Yeah, most events are just the highlights and you have to get he tie-ins to get the full story
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  10. #2050
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Yeah, I don't really understand the whole villain thing. I always thought Wanda teaming up with Strange would be like previous team-ups we saw between Iron Man and War Machine and Ant-Man and the Wasp. I think the overwhelming majority of MCU fans not familiar with the comics feel the same way. I think Strange did get off to a bit of a rough start, but he's been improving and gaining more popularity as time went on. I remember Wanda struggled a bit (largely because of that accent), but she's doing fine now. Even Thor has become a fan favorite. So I think the MCU has done a great job evolving their characters. But I'm pretty sure Wanda won't go nuts in the Multiverse of Madness or be a lackey for some demons. I DO think she will go under significant stress in WandaVision though. But she'll be fine at the end of it.
    The whole villain thing comes from the usual ill-informed people, who think Wanda's sole purposes in the MCU are either to go crazy or do some sort of reverse HOM.
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  11. #2051
    Fantastic Member Probability010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    the house of M is a location in krakoa that is magnetos residence
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The island names/places.

    Thank you for explaining.

  12. #2052
    Astonishing Member Zelena's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2,069

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    That's not a mutant thing specifically but just being a comics character. Spidey would be close to 70 if time moved like it does in real life.
    It is a bit unsettling when the comics character looks younger than before… It’s quite often the case lately: nowadays, comics artists seem to like drawing baby faces…

  13. #2053
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah those writers of those shows are questionable at best. It's what's called TV tropes.

    I agree villains need to live longer and be better fleshed out. They spent a lot of time on Loki and Thanos and that was great. Hopefully more villains get that treatment.

    I think they are tackling Wanda and Vision in the movies and tv, because they were together for a long time before they split permanently. They'll likely do the same with Sue and Reed when they get around to that.

    Using Maury just provides proof that it shouldn't be done. Common does not make it acceptable nor good. I don't want that treatment for Wanda or for other female characters. Heroes nor villains. It's gross.
    Yeah, Marvel did a great job with Loki and Thanos. But I think for Doom and Magneto they need Disney+ series' to describe their origin stories. Six hours should be more than enough to give audiences an idea of who they are. I agree with you about Wanda and Vision being portrayed on their own show because their messed up relationship is one of the most iconic ones in the history of the Marvel Universe. And Disney is not showing just showing it for purely entertainment reasons. It definitely has repercussions for the other shows and movies to come in the MCU. They might do the same with Sue and Reed later on, but I don't think it will be as weird and unconventional. That's what makes Vision and Wanda hanging out together so much fun in my opinion. Maury's show does exhibit a lot of self-destructive behaviour and of course it won't be featured in anything Disney produces. Although I do think it would be funny if Wanda found "another woman's panties" under their bed and promptly destroys Vision again in one of the sitcom episodes of the show. But yeah, Marvel should and will stay away from daytime talk shows in their movies and shows. I wouldn't want MCU females to act so trashily like guests on Maury either.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 07-30-2020 at 10:28 AM.

  14. #2054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Yeah, Marvel did a great job with Loki and Thanos. But I think for Doom and Magneto they need Disney+ series' to describe their origin stories. Six hours should be more than enough to give audiences an idea of who they are. I agree with you about Wanda and Vision being portrayed on their own show because their messed up relationship is one of the most iconic ones in the history of the Marvel Universe. And Disney is not showing just showing it for purely entertainment reasons. It definitely has repercussions for the other shows and movies to come in the MCU. They might do the same with Sue and Reed later on, but I don't think it will be as weird and unconventional. That's what makes Vision and Wanda hanging out together so much fun in my opinion. Maury's show does exhibit a lot of self-destructive behaviour and of course it won't be featured in anything Disney produces. Although I do think it would be funny if Wanda found "another woman's panties" under their bed and promptly destroys Vision again in one of the sitcom episodes of the show. But yeah, Marvel should and will stay away from daytime talk shows in their movies and shows. I wouldn't want MCU females to act so trashily like guests on Maury either.
    Trash and Wanda don't go together. She was always high class. Keep Maury on the morning trash line up, lol.
    Was Curlytop

  15. #2055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    It is a bit unsettling when the comics character looks younger than before… It’s quite often the case lately: nowadays, comics artists seem to like drawing baby faces…
    It's weird that they'll do that but then be so bad at drawing kids. Like their kids look like adults. Most recently Valeria. She looks completely grown even though she's supposed to be 12 or 13 right now.
    Was Curlytop

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •